Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

If they could hire Hideo...........

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

HolePisser1982 posted:

them making Miyazaki president is easily one of the coolest things to happen in gaming this decade

it scared me at first because i thought he'd be less involved with the games

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I recently got a free subscription to game informer and I never expected to care but the first issue came and it has like a 12 page interview with Miyazaki about Dark Souls III, so maybe this gaming magazine is alright.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

"We asked Miyazaki how he would approach the Dark Souls III demo if he was tasked with taking on the Wall of Lodeleth and its brutal denizens. 'I would select the character with the sword, and approach the game with my shield constantly raised.'"

Is this a troll

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

"We asked Miyazaki how he would approach the Dark Souls III demo if he was tasked with taking on the Wall of Lodeleth and its brutal denizens. 'I would select the character with the sword, and approach the game with my shield constantly raised.'"

Is this a troll

Lmao

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

In Training posted:

Is this a troll

lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Is this a troll

lmao

Dec 26, 2012

In Training posted:

Is this a troll

lmao

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

Is this a troll

lol

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

In Training posted:

Is this a troll

lol

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

HolePisser1982 posted:

them making Miyazaki president is easily one of the coolest things to happen in gaming this decade

I thought you had to be born in the US to become president, but they really should have made an exception for Miyazaki I guess.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh another cool tidbit in that interview was that the only direction Miyazaki was given when he was made president is that he is explicitly barred from ever making tabletop versions of souls games, because he said he would quit the games industry in a heartbeat if he could spend the rest of his life designing Magic the Gathering style card games.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

Oh another cool tidbit in that interview was that the only direction Miyazaki was given when he was made president is that he is explicitly barred from ever making tabletop versions of souls games, because he said he would quit the games industry in a heartbeat if he could spend the rest of his life designing Magic the Gathering style card games.

lol thats cool

Dec 26, 2012

In Training posted:

lol

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

i need that in my life

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

one day he's going to make those tabletop games and their going to be f*cking epic.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

[winded neckbeard peering stone faced over the top of his glasses as day old sweat smears the glass countertop beneath his lumpy elbows]: it's the dark souls of card games.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Benny D posted:

[winded neckbeard peering stone faced over the top of his glasses as day old sweat smears the glass countertop beneath his lumpy elbows]: it's the dark souls of card games.

the papercuts are going to be loving brutal

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all
I hope the dlc is a lot more difficult then the main game, the later areas were far too easy

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all
there's not any really rooms or areas that I can remember being super hard but gonna try harder chalice dungeons soon

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
The 5 shadow pull right in front of wet nurse

The 2 mutated boars before that can be annoying as well...

The upper cathedral with the sucker ambushes maybe

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Proud Rat Mom posted:

there's not any really rooms or areas that I can remember being super hard but gonna try harder chalice dungeons soon

Some of the chalice dungeons are pretty difficult, enjoy

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah pretty much all of the really hard stuff is in the chalice dungeons. theres a few moments in the story where i went "oh gently caress" like when i saw a pool of giant snake things but then you realize its not hard to get through

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i think nightmare of menses would be pretty hard if i didn't just run past everything, hit the shortcut, and then go back to clean up

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

In Training posted:

Is this a troll

hes not wrong

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all
I don't think I used a shield in ds2 with 200 hours played lol, must make the game super drag on

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

This game should be getting here today or tomorrow and I barely know anything about it. This is gonna be good.

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all

Evil Eagle posted:

This game should be getting here today or tomorrow and I barely know anything about it. This is gonna be good.

although i say the game is easy.. you will get hosed up big time in the first area. have fun :)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Proud Rat Mom posted:

although i say the game is easy.. you will get hosed up big time in the first area. have fun :)

Evil Eagle is an extremely powerful gamer, I doubt Bloodborne will give much trouble

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

If the DLC comes out in Novemeber, then I might have more Bloodborne to play right after I beat it. Epic.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i found the game fairly easy overall, but definitely had trouble getting used to it (esp coming off DS2)

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

please post here when deets of the DLC come out. i want to be readdicted to chalices again

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

storyline: the player will only fight two pigs here, followed by some tough enemies that were formally bosses. but they can bait the pigs to be fought alone, or make the pigs and shadows kill eachother. it's all fair and balanced

chalice dungeons: stupid bitch will summon an army of spiders that can 2-shot you and keep respawning them forever and they will chase you around the entire dungeon and magically know where you are when theyre summoned

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
there's a lot of cool stuff in chalices (like random messenger shops, those passive enemies that drop blood vials, weird rear end slug things) that seem like they should be part of a bigger roguelike design plan, but don't really do anything. reading the games thread i feel like i'm in the minority, but i'd like an expansion that focused solely on chalice dungeons and making them more interesting.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

sector_corrector posted:

there's a lot of cool stuff in chalices (like random messenger shops, those passive enemies that drop blood vials, weird rear end slug things) that seem like they should be part of a bigger roguelike design plan, but don't really do anything. reading the games thread i feel like i'm in the minority, but i'd like an expansion that focused solely on chalice dungeons and making them more interesting.

same

i also really need them to return in dark souls 3

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all

Bobnumerotres posted:

same

i also really need them to return in dark souls 3

a big nasty labyrinth would also suit my needs

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I liked chalice dungeons and the enemies inside them but I could never get very into the actual designs, since everything was just blocks of rooms. I mean I love the combat of Bloodborne a ton but like half the draw of the game was still fighting guys in really architecturally insane locations

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Yeah I always saw dark souls as like, zelda but good. Instead of puzzle rooms vs enemies to trivially fight, the enemy placement is the puzzle. Chalice dungeons mostly eliminate the puzzle part once you've finished the set of rooms they made, it's just "stab N monsters in a row".

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Yeah I always saw dark souls as like, zelda but good. Instead of puzzle rooms vs enemies to trivially fight, the enemy placement is the puzzle. Chalice dungeons mostly eliminate the puzzle part once you've finished the set of rooms they made, it's just "stab N monsters in a row".

Zelda but good? your freaking crazy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

Proud Rat Mom posted:

Zelda but good? your freaking crazy

it's not that weird a comparison. zelda is good though