Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Are your other teams a mess? Want to take over a stacked team? SA's League of Posts has an opening! 14 teams, PPR, keeper, new league.

Please check it out here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3735581&pagenumber=5#post450743046

pmchem fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Sep 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
No thanks, not enough keepers for me, trying to get a dynasty team going. SOMEONE SHOULD TAKE THIS TEAM! Keep Gurley for under 20bux!

Michael Corleone fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Sep 28, 2015

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
My win this week is going to come down to who Manning likes more Sanders or Thomas.

I really hope it is Thomas for my sake.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Guys the Ben injury looked bad and I am really
worried that Antonio Brown will not be able to carry me to victories every week with the corpse of Michael Vick throwing to him.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Digital Jedi posted:

My win this week is going to come down to who Manning likes more Sanders or Thomas.

good luck but you know it is sanders

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

MrSargent posted:

Guys the Ben injury looked bad and I am really
worried that Antonio Brown will not be able to carry me to victories every week with the corpse of Michael Vick throwing to him.

Im an LVB owner and aside from not wanting to see someone hurt for any reason, im not happy that defenses are going to sell out the box for the foreseeable future. I know the oline is great and all, but its a net negative development, all things considered. PIT's aerial threat is largely responsible for the space he was able to take advantage of.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
AB84 can't be stopped, at least that is what I will keep telling myself!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

If Vick still has legs and an arm I think the offense will be okay once he gets some first team reps. The real trouble will begin when he goes down in two games.

e: I did not see the Steelers games so if he looked like poo poo..whelp

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

pmchem posted:

Are your other teams a mess? Want to take over a stacked team? SA's League of Posts has an opening! 14 teams, PPR, keeper, new league.

Please check it out here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3735581&pagenumber=5#post450743046

Ok saying that's a really good team with a stacked bench is stretching it.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Anderson manages to not look like hot garbage on one play, is immediately concussed.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I am starting to regret my second round CJ Anderson pick.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

so I guess the CJ/Hillman starter problem is finally resolved

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

VietCampo posted:

Ok saying that's a really good team with a stacked bench is stretching it.

14 team league and that team has some really good keeper candidates on it, along with some clear name talent. Anyway, it has been claimed. Thanks!

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

I'm really glad I picked up Christine Michael instead of Ronnie Hillman. I'm astute.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
Saw something that suggested that Roethelisberger might only miss 4 weeks, which, as someone with multiple shares of him, AB and LVB, isn't the worst news.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
The one nice thing about being an Anderson owner right now is that Hillman remains thoroughly unthreatening. Honestly I'm more afraid of Thompson getting a chance to get hot.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!

Veritek83 posted:

Saw something that suggested that Roethelisberger might only miss 4 weeks, which, as someone with multiple shares of him, AB and LVB, isn't the worst news.

Yeah the most common timeframe I've seen is 2-4 weeks, obviously 2 is extremely optimistic but Ben has a history of coming back from injuries early so :shrug: also I don't think anyone has seen the MRI results yet though.

Edit: MRI isn't even til Monday
Edit2: WTF now I'm reading they're getting the results tonight? loving twitter

zeldadude fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Sep 28, 2015

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Franks Happy Place posted:

The one nice thing about being an Anderson owner right now is that Hillman remains thoroughly unthreatening. Honestly I'm more afraid of Thompson getting a chance to get hot.

Welp.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Wouldn't be so bad for me if the Eagles didn't resurrect outta nowhere and I played Dalton over Russell.

Russell has been really disappointing.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

:stonk:

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

Franks Happy Place posted:

:cawg:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

kiimo posted:

Listen you guys the sit/start thread blows. It's like 10/1 questions vs. actual answers.

My god, do I start Matt Jones or Ronnie Hillman???

MacheteZombie posted:

Answered you in Sit/Start, but I'm leaning Matt Jones. FantasyPros has it at 94% to 6% start in favor of Matt Jones.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

zeldadude posted:

Yeah the most common timeframe I've seen is 2-4 weeks, obviously 2 is extremely optimistic but Ben has a history of coming back from injuries early so :shrug: also I don't think anyone has seen the MRI results yet though.

Edit: MRI isn't even til Monday
Edit2: WTF now I'm reading they're getting the results tonight? loving twitter

Per La Canfora, no ACL damage, 4 week recovery.
https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/648312547343515649

edit: And now Schefter and Jene Bramel are saying 6 weeks. Either way, not a season-ender for him and I don't think it totally kills AB or LVB's value.

Veritek83 fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Sep 28, 2015

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Digital Jedi posted:

So far so good friend

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I was so worried when that flag was thrown

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Someone up there likes Ben.

down there

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

Anderson is officially hot trash. Time to see what I can get for him.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Still just kind of. ... waiting here for a breakout John Brown game. Only week 3 but the guy seems to be exactly what he was last year.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
Up 26 with my Kelce left to play against his Aaron Rodgers and Jeremy maclin.. I hate weeks like this. Could go either way.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

Tied with my Maclin vs his Charles tomorrow night. I'm boned. Guess sitting Randle for Forsett was the wrong move. I look forward to Forsett scoring 30 points on my bench next week.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
I was really excited about getting CJ Anderson and Hill in my draft. I had Chris Johnson on the bench, next week he's starting.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

The X-man cometh posted:

I was really excited about getting CJ Anderson and Hill in my draft. I had Chris Johnson on the bench, next week he's starting.

When I got AP, Hill, and Anderson on the same team, I thought I had it made and took everyone else in the league for suckers.

I also have Forsett in another league. Good god what a dumpster fire.

Oh and I drafted Romo in two leagues, Ben in another, along with players such as Dez Bryant, Alshon Jeffery, TY Hilton, and Eddie Lacy.

I was easy money this year.

Mingus Dew
Dec 30, 2013

Finally, a good reason to punch a teenager in the face!

The X-man cometh posted:

Keep in mind Ellington is slated to be back next week. Through three weeks both CJ?K and DJ have put on some really good performances, and also some lackluster ones.

Point is that Arizona's backfield is going to be a coinflip week to week because they have a metric tonne of talent there.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Need some trade advice. 1 PPR

His Team

My Team

I need a RB2 badly since Sankey is dog poo poo and Coleman busted his ribs/is going to lose time to Freeman anyway. I want Karlos Williams and he wants Amari Cooper. I told him he obviously needs more to make the trade even and he said everyone on the team is open. I'm thinking about Cooper for Evans/Williams but I'm not sure how willing he is to bite. What's a good offer here to snag Williams if it'll cost me Cooper?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
gently caress you CJA you're dead to me

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Doobie Keebler posted:

Tied with my Maclin vs his Charles tomorrow night. I'm boned. Guess sitting Randle for Forsett was the wrong move. I look forward to Forsett scoring 30 points on my bench next week.

So many people will have Devonta Freeman score 4.6 points in their lineup next week.

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013

kiimo posted:

So many people will have Devonta Freeman score 4.6 points in their lineup next week.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
better than hill scoring 2 points :owned:

:smith:

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
What could one even get for Hill at this point? Unless there's a bengals homer in the league I can't see anyone wanting him. I'd imagine he'll have to get better later on, but by that point he'll probably have single-handedly run me out of playoff contention. I think the only draft pick I've regretted more was picking ADP #1 overall last year. I went on to win the championship that time, don't see it happening this year at 1-2 with my highest score being 91 in standard so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013

Murphy Brownback posted:

What could one even get for Hill at this point?

You could build a time machine and go back two weeks to trade him and a WR2 for Demaryius Thomas and Mark Ingram like I did :whatup:

• Locked thread