Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Anoia posted:

Has there been anything funny at all on the forums or Reddit or is it time to pack it up?

Like I said, most of the vocal idiots over there have left or shut up so right now the biggest drama on the OF is the devs turning off the auction house for over a week and screwing what few paying customers they still had, and the fact that Dominion players are really butthurt that Exiles get like 75% of the playerbase because they have Aurin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Verranicus posted:

the biggest drama on the OF is the devs turning off the auction house for over a week and screwing what few paying customers they still had

:pwn:

The free to play relaunch is soon, so I'm waiting on the feedback of new players and the response the bitter old-timers will have to the freeloading :argh:casuals:argh: entering their game. In the meanwhile, have a picture of this game's glorious character creation.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Of all the garbage you could have posted from the character creator, the robot lady with non-realistic proportions is the one you chose lol

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

ugh this is completely unrealistic, her waist cant be that thin, that's where all of her internal organs go, such essential for a robot organs like:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

post a chua, it doesn't matter how much you fiddle with sliders, it's always going to look like The Worst Character

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Babe Magnet posted:

ugh this is completely unrealistic, her waist cant be that thin, that's where all of her internal organs go, such essential for a robot organs like:

don't the non robot women get the same proportions

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

They do sort of. The ratio of waist/ribs to hips isn't as extreme on the other races, but it's still way too exaggerated. I just don't see the point of illustrating non-human body proportions with a robot lol

The art team went too far with the aesthetic they've chosen. Everything is way too bouncy and rubbery and stretchy and it's incredibly off-putting, at least to me, and I'm a big fan of cartoony poo poo

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Sep 28, 2015

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

the game needs to look more like hotel transylvania tbh

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I would be all-in on a Genndy-directed art style. A big part of that is actual animation, though.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Kelp Plankton posted:

the game needs to look more like hotel transylvania tbh

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

lmao

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
Gif's made from footage I found showcasing all the body types on Youtube, and I liked the cursor highlighting the weirdness. I could've taken footage from a comparable look at a different race, but the gif would've lost the cursor.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
i played this when it launched and then dropped it after a month i think. is carbine still making their raids impossible and upping the difficulty should anyone dare to complete one?

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord
We should have started a betting pool to see who can guess how they're going to gently caress up the F2P launch, because we all know they're going to screw something up horribly.

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.

biznatchio posted:

We should have started a betting pool to see who can guess how they're going to gently caress up the F2P launch, because we all know they're going to screw something up horribly.

Taking safe bet here- wont properly prepare for the number of people who will try out there game (the poor souls) , massive lag and crashes.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon
It'll still be un-optimized as poo poo and run at 10-15fps for most people just like it has been since 2013 beta.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Mizuti posted:

:pwn:

The free to play relaunch is soon, so I'm waiting on the feedback of new players and the response the bitter old-timers will have to the freeloading :argh:casuals:argh: entering their game. In the meanwhile, have a picture of this game's glorious character creation.

I need realism in my cartoon-y video games, at ALL times.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
"but it's supposed to be unrealistic!" is not some sort of a magical gotcha

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

I'm cool with robots looking robotic. Robots looking like bizarre sexbots is just duuuuuuummb

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Making characters look really dumb is the best part of any character creation, so Wildstar did the right thing by skipping right to that part.

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU
Good they gave the fembots ant heads to match their figure.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Thirsty Dog posted:

I'm cool with robots looking robotic. Robots looking like bizarre sexbots is just duuuuuuummb

Oh come on, you don't seriously doubt that sex bots aren't the first thing that will be made when the technology is even remotely there.

V Exactly

Morglon fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Sep 28, 2015

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Morglon posted:

Oh come on, you don't seriously doubt that sex bots aren't the first thing that will be made when the technology is even remotely there.

http://www.chiangraitimes.com/japans-softbank-warns-buyers-not-to-engage-in-sex-with-their-robots.html

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Gildiss posted:

John Dyne is the guy with the 3d glasses.

it's true :saddowns:

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
this game is the FFXIV killer

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I can't imagine people are going to play this for more than a few weeks with GW2's expansion around the corner.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Lizard Wizard posted:

I can't imagine people are going to play this for more than a few weeks with GW2's expansion around the corner.

While you might be overestimating GW2 market share, I do agree with people not playing Wildstar after a few weeks:

Especially once they realize how bad of a game it is.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I got an estimate for ya: MORE THAN WILDSTAR.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Lizard Wizard posted:

I can't imagine people playing Guild Wars 2 over literally anything else.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Morglon posted:

I can't imagine people playing Guild Wars 2 over literally anything else.

You're confusing Guild Wars 2 with Wildstar.

Minsky
May 23, 2001

I considered checking this out for tonights f2p launch, but then yesterday I pulled up a stream and the first thing I saw was a guy running around that same red daily quest zone and the nauseating memories of several months wasted came right back.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

That's tonight? Know what I'm doing after I get my practice hours in tonight :allears:

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Morglon posted:

V Exactly

But you're not supposed to want to be one, dude

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Morglon posted:

V Exactly

SoftBank warns against sex with its android Pepper
http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2015/09/26/national/softbank-warns-sex-android-pepper/#.VgmJUsu6fq4

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

That's tonight? Know what I'm doing after I get my practice hours in tonight :allears:

Playing SMITE ;)

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Firmly grasp the :kazooieass:

When is the supposed launch time?

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

West Ham Sandwich posted:

When is the supposed launch time?

Midnight PST

That don't really want anyone there for it.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Baller Time posted:

Making characters look really dumb is the best part of any character creation, so Wildstar did the right thing by skipping right to that part.
bugeyeaurin.jpg

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Stanley Pain posted:

Playing SMITE ;)

I need to play that again. So many loving gods have come out and I think I last played when Cabrakhan was released, and I was excited cause all I play are tanks and initiators and poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
I will play this game again because I need something to do until a less lovely game updates or releases. Also I hate myself.

• Locked thread