Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Cancerwife has seen her cancerstory be told in the cancerbook and nearly made into the cancerfilm, and so she now has the cancerbelief that her cancercancer made her super-important. She has used her cancerghost cancerpowers to retroactively made some cancervideos in order to spread the cancer that is her into as many lives as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Obviously this is just a printer error but it looks really neat, and it makes me sad that so many comic artists will never experiment at all because they're all so crappy and old and so firmly set in their crappy old ways.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Foxtrot

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Jack Gladney posted:

Why would she even want to make a video like that? There is no circumstance in which it would help anything unless it's about sex stuff that Les likes, which I instantly regret thinking about. If the guy married this hypothetical other chick, she's obviously going to know him as well as anybody can so why just stir poo poo up by imposing yourself on her? Cancerwife seems kind of lovely now too. The endless grief seems like a collaboration now.

I think you just answered your own questions.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I hope she had time to make videos :ohdear:

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Really Pants posted:

Obviously this is just a printer error but it looks really neat, and it makes me sad that so many comic artists will never experiment at all because they're all so crappy and old and so firmly set in their crappy old ways.

I'm not sure it is a printer error, the coloring style doesn't seem to correspond 1-1 with the inkwork. Certainly looks great, whatever the cause.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Looks like the colour layer was scaled differently to the art.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Outland

Ripley's

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, relatively boring colours badly scaled by a printer. Low quality/effort rescaling of the colour layers:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

What time is it? Time for Pointless Thuggery Comix!

Ah, Paul Gilligan is showing his ignorance here. Most Canadians believe that Americans are born with credit cards, but I learned last year that most don't get one until they're four or five years old.

Ballard Street

Jeremy Clarkson finally gets what's coming to him.

Poptropica

Featuring guest star Half-Frog Sydney Greenstreet!

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

RandomFerret posted:

Ballard Street

Jeremy Clarkson finally gets what's coming to him.

He's thinking about his revenge.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

EasyEW posted:

Don't be ridiculous. Everybody loved Fearless Fosdick! It was Li'l Abner they couldn't stand.

That doesn't bode well for this installment of Fearless Fosdick.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

EasyEW posted:

Saint Lisa of Cancerwife

It's all so clear to me now. Mourning her is not a burden, but a gift, and the eternal grief should be maintained like a precious flower. You know, the one that smells like rotten meat.

That look on her face. She gets it.

"'If he loves you, he'll always let you in'? He never lets me in. I'm always floating around the edges of his life, an afterthought. I thought it would get better after we got married, but it's always been Les and Lisa. Even now that she's been dead for the better part of two decades, it's still Les and Lisa. He was going to write a book about me. He was going to take me to China to see it printed. It was supposed to be an anniversary present. But then my book just turned into a prologue about Lisa. The trip cancelled because it was no longer important. It was never important. I was never important. He never let me in. It's long past time I left..."

That's what she should be thinking, anyway.

The Amazing Spider-Man

Today's shorts report: She has wisely traded in her bike shorts for a much more flattering pair of pink board shorts. This goon approves! :bravo:

Sally Forth

Prince Valiant

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Phantom Classic

Big Ben Bolt

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The Phantom

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

Infection!

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Julet Esqu posted:

That look on her face. She gets it.

"'If he loves you, he'll always let you in'? He never lets me in. I'm always floating around the edges of his life, an afterthought. I thought it would get better after we got married, but it's always been Les and Lisa. Even now that she's been dead for the better part of two decades, it's still Les and Lisa. He was going to write a book about me. He was going to take me to China to see it printed. It was supposed to be an anniversary present. But then my book just turned into a prologue about Lisa. The trip cancelled because it was no longer important. It was never important. I was never important. He never let me in. It's long past time I left..."

That's what she should be thinking, anyway.

"We blew it. We blew it."

If dwelling on this doesn't at least spark a Les/Cayla argument, then TomBat has no idea what the hell he just wrote. So yeah, I'm voting for that second option.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Reply All

Pearls Before Swine

Pickles

Pros & Cons

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Jack Gladney posted:

Why would she even want to make a video like that? There is no circumstance in which it would help anything unless it's about sex stuff that Les likes, which I instantly regret thinking about. If the guy married this hypothetical other chick, she's obviously going to know him as well as anybody can so why just stir poo poo up by imposing yourself on her? Cancerwife seems kind of lovely now too. The endless grief seems like a collaboration now.
Yeah the other videos I can understand. I mean they are misguided and would likely cause a lot of unintended pain and suffering on her loved ones, but I understand why someone who is dying would do them. This one is different. It's weird, and the only explanation I can think of for it is that it's passively addressed to Les and not really intended for the "Other Woman" at all, and it's to remind him of how close they were and how she knew him like no one else did. That and to put the new wife in her place and remind her she will always be second to Lisa.

Or something like that. It's some deeply sick poo poo is what it is.

F Minus

Mary Worth

Where is Toby to be? In 2B is Toby.

Rex Morgan MD

Apartment 3-G

Since I started posting this one I have found the daily strips much more interesting than the Sunday strips because those are just recaps and the dailies have a little something in each one, but I think this is peak A3G right here. Every panel has a little weirdness, and together they join to form a single piece of surreal art.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Johnny Walker posted:

Apartment 3-G

:psyduck:

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Johnny Walker posted:

Apartment 3-G

:golfclap: Perfect, this is perfect. Print it, frame it, hang it up at Museum of Modern Art.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Ian is acting like an abuser and Toby needs to get the gently caress to a safe house.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Why does nobody think it's creepy that this middle-aged college professor has a wife who has no education or career and appears to be half his age? Primo abuser warning signs right there.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I'm not sure why you think she has no education or career. His complete disregard for her career is why she's angry at him in the first place.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Johnny Walker posted:

Apartment 3-G

It's the cheery grins while the dialogue exudes pure panic that really make this strip. That or the fact that they're outside in every panel save one, as if in a brief flash of lucidity Bolle remembered that, yes, they were supposed to be inside an apartment. I don't know what's going on behind the scenes but I never want it to stop.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Ghostlight posted:

I'm not sure why you think she has no education or career. His complete disregard for her career is why she's angry at him in the first place.

She's an artist so uh

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

EasyEW posted:

Peanuts: Yep, here we are again. (September 29, 1968)

So Schultz ended up hating every single woman he ever met right?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Everyone write Batiuk and tell him what a good job he's done writing this horror story about a man and his dead wife using her death as leverage over their family and friends.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Batiuk should make like Margo McGee and inexplicably disappear from the comics section

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Classic Dilbert

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Johnny Walker posted:

Apartment 3-G

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Also while I was looking for that I found this classic. I don't remember who made it though.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Evil Mastermind posted:

Also while I was looking for that I found this classic. I don't remember who made it though.

That looks like Borden's work. I miss her/him/it/whatever.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

That looks like Borden's work. I miss her/him/it/whatever.

That's right, it was Borden!

There was actually a longer version where Tony Stark reveals the disco but I didn't save it. :(

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Ugh. Grown-up Billy just looks wrong. Like his body grew but he kept his creepy toddler head.

e: Trust Tommie. She's a professional.

Esplanade fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Sep 28, 2015

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Once again, I got up before Berke Breathed did...

Skippy (July 30, 1928)

Peanuts (September 30, 1968)

The Saint Lisa of Cancerwife Show: You remember how we were rooting for divorce yesterday?

Instead, not only is this going to be advice about how Les Moore is a very special snowflake that needs a peck and a cuddle, but we also get to imagine his O face. Isn't that the way. You plan for every punishment except the one you actually get.

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (December 26-27, 1927)

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

EasyEW posted:

The Saint Lisa of Cancerwife Show: You remember how we were rooting for divorce yesterday?

Instead, not only is this going to be advice about how Les Moore is a very special snowflake that needs a peck and a cuddle, but we also get to imagine his O face. Isn't that the way. You plan for every punishment except the one you actually get.

HOW IN THE gently caress IS THIS NOT AN EDIT? :psypop:

Like, I know that this thread mocks this comic for pretty much what it's doing right now on a constant basis, but how completely tone-deaf and oblivious to basic human interaction do you need to be to come up with this poo poo?

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Breetai posted:

HOW IN THE gently caress IS THIS NOT AN EDIT? :psypop:

it's not? goodness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Heh yeah he'll probably scream out my name in the throes of passion, nbd it's just that he'll never love anyone else this much I mean how could he

what the hell is wrong with Tom Batiuk

• Locked thread