Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eat At Blimpees!
Aug 7, 2006
It's green, it flies, it's the Goblin Zeplin!

bamhand posted:

Haven't done any cardio in two months, went for a 40 mile bike ride today. How many weeks of gains did I lose?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

bamhand posted:

Haven't done any cardio in two months, went for a 40 mile bike ride today. How many weeks of gains did I lose?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Have some inspiration to get stronger.
14 year-old girl deadlifts 390lbs @ 138lbs bodyweight.

http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/node/30841

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I definitely don't want to do anything that teen girls are into, thanks anyways.

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine
Oh hey, new swolethread.

I'm turning 30 on Tuesday. What part of myself should I expect to self destruct first?

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

FreakerByTheSpeaker posted:

Oh hey, new swolethread.

I'm turning 30 on Tuesday. What part of myself should I expect to self destruct first?
Hitting 30 is more like hearing the countdown timer start on your rotator cuff, knees, and lower back as they slowly wear down like a car engine without oil. I've been told it's when you get to your 50s that things just explode without a timer.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
we already have robolegs that can run faster in a straight line than human legs, im hoping by the time I hit 50 i'l be able to replace my broken meat parts with floppy rubber hyperdildos that do everything better than fleshy skeleton sticks

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

FreakerByTheSpeaker posted:

Oh hey, new swolethread.

It won't happen while you're lifting because now you're responsible and you've been doing it long enough. You'll warm up and use good form and do accessory work. Your movements will be purposeful and deliberate. You'll use the right amount of weight to complete your set.

You'll ignore everyone else at the gym, except for the really hot 22 year old girls who lift that you're too old to get now, and you wonder why girls didn't lift when you were 22. But the truth is they did and you were too pussy to take steroids back then.

You'll make gains better than you did in your 20's despite your age. You know how to eat and get plenty of rest. Friday night is spent in the gym instead of the bar, because most of your friends have settled down, and you all get together to day drink at 10 am and talk poo poo about the one friend who hasn't and is still partying with the 22 year old girls from the gym.

Then you pick up your nephew's toy and strain your deltoid. The recovery takes 4 months, during which you tweak your knee walking up the stairs and pinch a nerve from sitting in the car too long.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Uuuugh, tried doing deadlifts after a cold ate my weekend. Sucked.

Also loving college kids. You know how there's always comics and complaints about resolutioners at the beginning of the year? College starting is my version of that. After school started now there's always towels thrown everywhere, weights never reracked or reracked stupidly, and to top it off they can't even flush the loving toilet in the one damned bathroom in the tiny rear end gym. Today there was even scraps of used toilet paper strewn about the thing. Are these people literal children? Are there 5 year olds attending my gym at 12:00 at night?

If this keeps up I'm going to go to the gym early one night and just fling a bag full of poo poo at all of them.

/bitching

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Agreed, college kids suck. They're loud and spend more time standing around talking poo poo than actually lifting.

Also loving gains goblins, since this cut started my bench has dropped 5kg..,

monny
Oct 20, 2008

dollar dollar bill, y'all

FogHelmut posted:

It won't happen while you're lifting because now you're responsible and you've been doing it long enough. You'll warm up and use good form and do accessory work. Your movements will be purposeful and deliberate. You'll use the right amount of weight to complete your set.

You'll ignore everyone else at the gym, except for the really hot 22 year old girls who lift that you're too old to get now, and you wonder why girls didn't lift when you were 22. But the truth is they did and you were too pussy to take steroids back then.

You'll make gains better than you did in your 20's despite your age. You know how to eat and get plenty of rest. Friday night is spent in the gym instead of the bar, because most of your friends have settled down, and you all get together to day drink at 10 am and talk poo poo about the one friend who hasn't and is still partying with the 22 year old girls from the gym.

Then you pick up your nephew's toy and strain your deltoid. The recovery takes 4 months, during which you tweak your knee walking up the stairs and pinch a nerve from sitting in the car too long.

Holy loving poo poo, stop doxxing me

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor
I'm 36 and still making gains, just do body weight exercises in between lifting days, you'll recover quicker than wolverine and be ready to lift again the next day. Best of all, you can be old and super flexible, like a grandma stripper that can still put both legs behind her head.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Gains are not as important as looking sexy and good

monny
Oct 20, 2008

notZaar posted:

Spoken like a true beta

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
lol if you think you're too old to pull in 22 year old girls at 30+ you probably need to reevaluate your program because it's clearly doing you no favors

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I've never had sex with hot chicks and I'm not about to start now.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
i support your life choices bro

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

notZaar posted:

Well duh, isn't this why we all have body dysmorphia?

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

got sick :rip: my gains

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
For most of your 30s you're supposed to prioritize bank account gainz so you can do nothing but train, inject yourself, eat, and sleep before you hit 40 to break some world records like Stan Efferding

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

haven't been working out for 3 weeks and starved myself during that time because one of my depressive moods hit again

:rip: gainz i hardly knew ye

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Im so hungryy right now

Omw to the gym atm

Fyi

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

You should be eating whole foods. Whole chickens, whole milk, whole eggs.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

notZaar posted:

Ugh

El Duderino
Mar 28, 2003

If you're not into that whole brevity thing..
Ugh everyone should get an ab wheel NOW. Thinking of all the time I spent on the stupid loving ab machines/bench thingys... My abdominal region is on loving fire this morning after doing a few sets of 20 last night.

monny
Oct 20, 2008

Cable crunches are better, just sayin

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

After Reagan tapped Bush as his running mate, a group of us enjoyed breakfast together while visiting in Reagan's hotel suite. The suite had a common room for hosting guests that was sandwiched between two bedrooms on each side. Bush, Reagan, myself, and some others had been chatting with a mayor from a key battleground state.

Wanting to ingratiate himself to the newly nominated presidential candidate, the mayor said, "My, Governor, you sure look great for a man your age in the midst of political battle. How to you manage to stay in such great physical shape?"

Without saying a word, Reagan got up out of his seat and disappeared into his bedroom.

When he returned, in his hand was an exercise wheel. The thing sort of looked like a doughnut with a stick running through its middle. "Here's my secret, Mr. Mayor," said Reagan.

And with that, the former Eureka College football player, still wearing his suit, dropped to his knees and placed one hand on each of the bars protruding from the wheel. In one long, graceful motion, Reagan stretched his body forward, distributing his weight from his knees to his hands, until his chest hovered inches above the floor. With equal fluidity, he then pulled back on the wheel, recoiling his body like a Slinky before returning to his original position.

"Wow," said the mayor. "I guess doing that every day would keep a man pretty fit."

After we had finished visiting, everyone left the hotel room, or so I thought. Savoring the rare moment of tranquility, I sat down on one of the low-slung couches in the now darkened visiting room and sat silently thinking through what the day might bring. That's when I noticed that someone else was in the room. It was Bush. He walked over to Reagan's little exercise wheel. Curiosity, it seems, had gotten the best of this former Yale University baseball player.

Sitting perfectly motionless, I thought to myself: "I've got to see this."

Mimicking Reagan's earlier demonstration, Bush dropped down onto his knees.

Steadying himself, he put one hand on each side of the wheel and began to lean forward. But as the wheel rolled out about two and a half feet, he began to lose his balance. With shaking hands and wobbling shoulders, his elbows gave way, sending him crashing face forward onto the carpet.

I rustled my papers to let him know someone was in the room. Startled, Bush wrenched his neck around. When our eyes met, he realized for the first time he was not alone. He popped up off the ground, and blew by me on his way out the door without saying a word. It was one of the most unforgettable things I'd ever experienced.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

quote:

And with that, the former Eureka College football player, still wearing his suit, dropped to his knees and placed one hand on each of the bars protruding from the wheel. In one long, graceful motion, Reagan stretched his body forward, distributing his weight from his knees to his hands, until his chest hovered inches above the floor. With equal fluidity, he then pulled back on the wheel, recoiling his body like a Slinky before returning to his original position.
Hot

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

monny posted:

Cable crunches are better, just sayin

Lies.

AbWheel4Lyfe

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Wish i had a gravity chamber too

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

I can legit do one arm pushups

Also my fire department just had our yearly physicals, and put of the 87 guys, I had the most pushups

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Tiny Lowtax posted:

worthless without the gravity chamber to do them in

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

Why wouldn't Goku just do regular pushups at 40x gravity?

Zzulu posted:

put a plate on your back you idiot

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Goku doesn't even need to work out, he's not real.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

notZaar posted:

Goku doesn't even need to work out, he's not real.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvTNyKIGXiI

El Duderino
Mar 28, 2003

If you're not into that whole brevity thing..

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Also my fire department just had our yearly physicals, and put of the 87 guys, I had the most pushups

Quit blue balling me son, I'd like to know how many and in what time.

You see a lot of fat out of shape cops all the time. See much of that in the FD? I mean there's some old timer chiefs I guess but I would imagine they are a bit more strict with their re testing for people who's jobs it is to push their bodies to the limits, I hope...?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Zzulu posted:

Senzu beans are just dianabol, right?

Giblet Plus!
Sep 14, 2004

Neurolimal posted:

we already have robolegs that can run faster in a straight line than human legs, im hoping by the time I hit 50 i'l be able to replace my broken meat parts with floppy rubber hyperdildos that do everything better than fleshy skeleton sticks

heading out to the gym, wish me luck

WAIT NO I DON'T NEED IT

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Say Nothing posted:

Senzu beans are just dianabol, right?

Senzu beans are chipotle burritos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

El Duderino posted:

Quit blue balling me son, I'd like to know how many and in what time.

You see a lot of fat out of shape cops all the time. See much of that in the FD? I mean there's some old timer chiefs I guess but I would imagine they are a bit more strict with their re testing for people who's jobs it is to push their bodies to the limits, I hope...?

Some, yeah. I'd say overall my department is much, much more in shape than others, though. We have a ton of guys super into fitness.

We do the Fight for Air stair climb every year. You have to climb 73 flights of stairs in full firefighter gear, including air pack. It's hot as balls. My department has won the best average time the past two years now.

As for the pushups, I did 77 in 60 seconds.

END OF AN ERROR fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Sep 29, 2015

• Locked thread