Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Priddis is a genuine good guy.

We've won something!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
The sad thing is that no-one outside these threads will know who we mean by Cow Dude.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:

Diet Crack posted:

Would've been a tie if he hadn't polled that BOG in R14

How the gently caress did he get BOG in this game?

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_match_statistics?mid=6080

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Emu Export getting national attention.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Spedman posted:

Emu Export getting national attention.

Diet Crack posted:

Da West is Da Best
\

Shame it got shifted over east and became some sort of fad drink

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Spedman posted:

Priddis is a genuine good guy.

We've won something!!!!!
Hey you got the McLelland Trophy. AFL Port had to make do with those for a bit before they got the good trophy.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Haha Fyfe is hilarious

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
gently caress me this interview is awkward

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Steve Rosich looks like an Italian version of Bomber Thompson

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Bruce pitching a tent on stage.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

hiddenmovement posted:

Are you kidding, this is the best brownlow interview ever.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

I wonder if he went easy on the drinks because he knew there'd be a fair chance he'd doing this.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

hiddenmovement posted:

What?

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!

hiddenmovement posted:

Really? I think Cow Dude has more natural charisma than anyone else who's won it in the last ten twelve years.

Forum Joe fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Sep 28, 2015

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
He's come so far

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!

Doctor Cave posted:

He's come so far

Ah haha! He looks like Martin Clunes!

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Forum Joe posted:

Really? I think Coe Dude has more natural charisma than anyone else who's won it in the last ten twelve years.
I think Jimmy Bartel was the most ill-at-ease in that time. Priddis last year was kind of "WTF I won?" which was funny but he acquitted himself well.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Doctor Cave posted:

He's come so far

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
Sam Mitchell now 5th all time for total votes and has the most of anyone who hasn't won a Brownlow.

bigis
Jun 21, 2006
Couldn't even cork his way to a Brownlow.

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid

Forum Joe posted:

Really? I think Cow Dude has more natural charisma than anyone else who's won it in the last ten twelve years.

I thought it was awkward, too, but not because of Nat. He was great, it was Bruce that was really struggling to string sentences together without it being forced. There was no natural flow to the way he was talking.

Not often that the media personality has to be rescued in an interview.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Doctor Cave posted:

He's come so far

Are there any of the original draft profiles still kicking around? It'd be interesting to see what sort of player the gurus thought he'd end up being.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

TG-Chrono posted:

Are you kidding, this is the best brownlow interview ever.

Forum Joe posted:

harperdc posted:

Bruce pitching a tent on stage.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

The Deadly Hume posted:

The sad thing is that no-one outside these threads will know who we mean by Cow Dude.

I accidentally had a slip of the tongue and called him Cow Dude in person to my cousin and the subsequent explanation of its backstory was received with a yawn. He's our Cow Dude.

Although in the end, the most important thing that I have learned from tonight is that I love Tayla Harris.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

gay picnic defence posted:

Are there any of the original draft profiles still kicking around? It'd be interesting to see what sort of player the gurus thought he'd end up being.

i think the view was that he was probably going to a third tall kind of marking forward which was why he dropped in the draft. even in his first few games where he was ridiculously scrawny you could see he could read the flight well and was a great mark for his size. freo would be pretty happy that he packed on so much muscle and got the running ability to turn into a hugely damaging clearance midfielder who can beat anyone one on one in a marking contest.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

thepokey posted:

I accidentally had a slip of the tongue and called him Cow Dude in person to my cousin and the subsequent explanation of its backstory was received with a yawn. He's our Cow Dude.

I've had a similar experience.

I would have liked it more of one of the two women players had arrived dressed in suit and tie, Ellen Page style, just to make the old men extra uncomfortable.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

NTRabbit posted:

Syd: Hannebury - 0

Did Hannebury really pick up no votes? :wtc:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I forgot how awful those old jumpers were. And Fyfe looks about 13 there.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Largepotato posted:

No, I got 0 points because I picked him and he was beaten by Kennedy, he got 23 or 25 or something. 1 point for every vote for every winner you correctly picked is what I thought we were doing.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Largepotato posted:

Nah, he had like 26 or something.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Melbourne reportedly offered Dangerfield 1.5mil py

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

thepokey posted:

Although in the end, the most important thing that I have learned from tonight is that I love Tayla Harris.

tayla harris is possibly my favourite melbourne player

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

TG-Chrono posted:

Melbourne reportedly offered Dangerfield 1.5mil py

wouldnt it be funny if he ended up at the dees a year after adelaide turned down pick 2 and 3 for him

i would be stunned if he ended up at the dees but i would certainly take him

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
some interesting tidbits:

cale hooker won essendon's b&f but didn't poll a vote

In addition to Adelaide's leading vote getter not being there next season, Gold Coasts two highest polling players will be gone next year too, Harley Bennel and Charlie Dixon

snaeksikn posted:

wouldnt it be funny if he ended up at the dees a year after adelaide turned down pick 2 and 3 for him

I'm not sure I'd want him on that much money though tbh. starts to cut into our ability to hold other players (our lord and saviour, jesse hogan), and probably isn't that great a thing for team building for one dude to be on that much more than anyone else. Although regarding the second point I don't know that there's an amount of money I wouldn't pay to keep Hogan, so idk.

Solemn Sloth fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Sep 28, 2015

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

Solemn Sloth posted:

I'm not sure I'd want him on that much money though tbh. starts to cut into our ability to hold other players (our lord and saviour, jesse hogan), and probably isn't that great a thing for team building for one dude to be on that much more than anyone else. Although regarding the second point I don't know that there's an amount of money I wouldn't pay to keep Hogan, so idk.

So theres this thing now saying that if he doesn't end up with Geelong then he will only sign a 1 year deal with whatever club picks him up in the draft and then he'll try to get to Geelong at the end of 2016? What if the cycle continues and he just keeps playing at different clubs for 1 year at a time. When he retires he ends up being a 14 club player

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Solemn Sloth posted:

i think its fair to say that the dees will need to a bit set aside in the cap to hold onto guys like hogan and mcdonald, but who is else is going to be beating the door down in the next few years that need to be paid big dollars? we're still going to turn over a big part of the list again this year, might as well throw around the slack while its there. dangerfield could be the difference between playing finals or not, which would make a huge difference to the loser culture that hangs over the club and playing group

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Front end the contract with a bazillion dollars. Surely there's space.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

thepokey posted:

So theres this thing now saying that if he doesn't end up with Geelong then he will only sign a 1 year deal with whatever club picks him up in the draft and then he'll try to get to Geelong at the end of 2016? What if the cycle continues and he just keeps playing at different clubs for 1 year at a time. When he retires he ends up being a 14 club player

Easy for me to say as a fan of Geelong but that seems extraordinarily douchey.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

the talking footy crew barely have a brain cell to rub together. its like listening to the drunken bogan as the pub rattle off as much base level bullshit as they can

luke darcy just said that andrew gaff 'probably' shaded isaac smith in the first final. as in the isaac smith who went into the game carrying a knee injury and barely had a touch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

snaeksikn posted:

That cant really have been on the table. As good as Dangerfield is, picks 2 and 3 in last years draft would make Adelaide a dominant force in only a few years.

• Locked thread