Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Foxhound posted:

Loaf of dog jumps fence in slow-mo:
http://i.imgur.com/m5Wsytb.gifv

Birb being an rear end:
http://i.imgur.com/8yS5jEp.gifv

Another (or possibly the same) bird also being an rear end:
http://i.imgur.com/jZ4oT8u.gifv

They always look so happy when they commit some act of mayhem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Here are some old-rear end pictures of my cats Cowboy Dan and John McCain when they were babies

they're grown ups and assholes now

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Calico Heart posted:

Here are some old-rear end pictures of my cats Cowboy Dan and John McCain when they were babies

they're grown ups and assholes now

Sounds like some pretty appropriate naming going on here

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'

Foxhound posted:

Birb being an rear end:
http://i.imgur.com/8yS5jEp.gifv

Another (or possibly the same) bird also being an rear end:
http://i.imgur.com/jZ4oT8u.gifv

It's just very angry.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Tendai posted:

My childhood dog was a sheltie :unsmith: Good choice. He/she will be a little shitlord some half most all of the time but have fun :3: They're great dogs.
Yes! I had a sheltie as a child as well, and they really are amazing dogs. The puppy's name is Zero, but he's currently the second sheltie that my wife and I own. Here's a photo of Dioji pretending to tolerate Zero's presence:

All three shelties I've owned have all come from the same breeder; she's been breeding shelties for over 40 years now. We didn't know it when we first got Zero, but it turns out that Zero is Dioji's nephew.

Also, Zero is the first puppy we've owned. The other two shelties were acquired at 18 months, so a significant number of training challenges were already overcome. Zero is...well, he's young enough that he expresses a complex array of emotions and feelings via biting and peeing. Lots of biting and peeing. He's worth it, though!

Grey Fox has a new favorite as of 15:11 on Sep 27, 2015

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
He looks so loving DELIGHTED about it as they all fall :allears:

Grey Fox posted:

Also, Zero is the first puppy we've owned. The other two shelties were acquired at 18 months, so a significant number of training challenges were already overcome. Zero is...well, he's young enough that he expresses a complex array of emotions and feelings via biting and peeing. Lots of biting and peeing. He's worth it, though!
Yeah Annie was not an easy puppy experience, no she was not. "Oh good, she's really smart but has no idea how to perfectly control her pee yet, this can't possibly go wrong."

Agh I forgot how fuzzy sheltie puppies are lookathimaaaagh

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

I didn't realize they sold catnip scented shampoo.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Dienes posted:

I didn't realize they sold catnip scented shampoo.

My cat used to lose her goddamn mind at my shirts on the floor and I couldn't figure out why until I noticed she always went for the underarms. Something in my anti-antiperspirant drove her batshit and it was hilarious.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
I'm the caretaker for a disabled Iraq vet, and pretty much all he does in life now is play video games, lay in bed when the pain's too bad, and go outside to smoke. In the year we've lived here, he's met and befriended all the neighborhood cats during his smoke breaks, and he'd let them inside on the 100-degree+ days for some cool water and air conditioning. He gets super excited talking about how Big Fuzzy finally let him scratch her tummy, or Bob the bobtail loafed on his lap and fell asleep.

Saturday morning, I got up and he had the biggest poo poo-eating grin. Overnight, he had met a new stray kitten who ate the kibble he put out like it hadn't eaten in days, and then followed him in the house like she owned the place. He had scooped some dirt into a cardboard box for a litter box and made her toys out of 550 paracord.

Even typing up this summary, I'm tearing up because of how goddamn happy this kitten has made a dude who, on most days, feels that he's useless because his TBIs and broken spine leave him unable to be what he trained for years to be. But this little shithead has already adopted him as her bestest friend.

May I present, Sandy Derpington XII:

Loafing on the windowsill:

Napping on the carpet:

Stealing my pizza:

She's still super skittish around me, but lets him brush her. And yes, I went and got a pan and litter and all that jazz, but she still prefers the paracord toys.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Oh my god! That cat is asserting affectionate dominance!! :3: :3:

That is an incredibly sweet story! :kimchi:

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Steven CatFingers posted:

I'm the caretaker for a disabled Iraq vet, and pretty much all he does in life now is play video games, lay in bed when the pain's too bad, and go outside to smoke. In the year we've lived here, he's met and befriended all the neighborhood cats during his smoke breaks, and he'd let them inside on the 100-degree+ days for some cool water and air conditioning. He gets super excited talking about how Big Fuzzy finally let him scratch her tummy, or Bob the bobtail loafed on his lap and fell asleep.

Saturday morning, I got up and he had the biggest poo poo-eating grin. Overnight, he had met a new stray kitten who ate the kibble he put out like it hadn't eaten in days, and then followed him in the house like she owned the place. He had scooped some dirt into a cardboard box for a litter box and made her toys out of 550 paracord.

Even typing up this summary, I'm tearing up because of how goddamn happy this kitten has made a dude who, on most days, feels that he's useless because his TBIs and broken spine leave him unable to be what he trained for years to be. But this little shithead has already adopted him as her bestest friend.

May I present, Sandy Derpington XII:

Loafing on the windowsill:

Napping on the carpet:

Stealing my pizza:

She's still super skittish around me, but lets him brush her. And yes, I went and got a pan and litter and all that jazz, but she still prefers the paracord toys.

That is super sweet.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

MikeCrotch posted:

Sounds like some pretty appropriate naming going on here

No sure exactly watcha mean by this but to 17 year old me it was hilarious. It sentences that are hilarious without the context like "Don't let John McCain outside until he's had his cat ear medicine" and "John McCain can't come in the living room today - he has diarrhea"

Tibor
Apr 29, 2009

Calico Heart posted:

No sure exactly watcha mean by this but to 17 year old me it was hilarious. It sentences that are hilarious without the context like "Don't let John McCain outside until he's had his cat ear medicine" and "John McCain can't come in the living room today - he has diarrhea"

I think he just meant that the names are appropriate since they've 'grown up to be assholes', like John McCain really is. That cat ear medicine remark cracked me up by the way.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Calico Heart posted:

was Cowboy Dan a major player in the cowboy scene?

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Alaois posted:

This post made me really happy and I had to restrain myself from continuing along in this post :) :)

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such

"Cause I'm gonna make you see
There's nobody else here, no one like me
I'm special, so special,
I got to have some of your attention, give it to me"

Cups are only good for shouting into, every birb knows that.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

My childhood dog, Bridgette, died today after going to her favourite "park" (my dad calls it a park, because he lives in the mountains, but in actuality it is a small pond in the forest she always liked). She could spell the word "cow" and once attacked a guy who broke into our house. She will be dearly missed. In her honour, please post good dogs.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

cash crab posted:

My childhood dog, Bridgette, died today after going to her favourite "park" (my dad calls it a park, because he lives in the mountains, but in actuality it is a small pond in the forest she always liked). She could spell the word "cow" and once attacked a guy who broke into our house. She will be dearly missed. In her honour, please post good dogs.

Sutureself
Sep 23, 2007

Well, here's my answer...

That is a dope-rear end dog, what a good girl.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

cash crab posted:

My first dog was a Border named Neddie. Smart. loyal, and loved our family so much. He lived to herd anything, especially me when I was 1-5 years old. He kept me from wandering away out of the yard and was the best friend a kid could have. He was just as much a good boy as Bridgette was a good girl. He died almost 40 years ago at the age of 16 (I'm an old guy) and I still remember him clearly and fondly. No good dog ever gets forgotten by good people.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

Alaois posted:

She's never been to a reservation or gotten drunk and she's more jumpy than mean. She's actually the jumpiest cat I've ever known. She'll be sat on my lap purring away but her eyes are usually wide open and she'll run away in a heart beat. I think it's because she was the smaller of the two and John McCain picked on her. I wish she wasn't so hoppity.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

My favourite part is how it keeps going to make sure there's no survivors.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

My first dog was a Border named Neddie. Smart. loyal, and loved our family so much. He lived to herd anything, especially me when I was 1-5 years old. He kept me from wandering away out of the yard and was the best friend a kid could have. He was just as much a good boy as Bridgette was a good girl. He died almost 40 years ago at the age of 16 (I'm an old guy) and I still remember him clearly and fondly. No good dog ever gets forgotten by good people.

My good dog was a good Brown Dog; if she were alive today, she'd be about 44 years old (I was six when my brother brought her home for me; she died when I was 15). She and I did everything together 'as kids' - exploring the woods, hanging out in the back yard. She was also really protective. Humbug Scoolbus is right -- you don't ever forget good dogs.

This is me and her around 1975 in the back of my dad's beat up, late '50s pick up truck, the only kind of car he'd drive. I'm not crying; I was facing right into the bright sun.

edited -- bonus bathtub photo

gamera009
Apr 7, 2005

We adopted a new doge.

He is soft and smart.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

every day could be your last
in the jungle

My buddy is sick, and we're taking him back to the vet in a bit. Could you guys post happy not-peeing-blood kitties?

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
I assume the cat in the picture was just told he'd be "taken back to the vet for a bit"

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Croisquessein posted:

Cups are only good for shouting into, every birb knows that.
Good, so I wasn't the only one who realized that was Harley.
Reposting due to hilarity:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRsfOGJ5lZg

Unrelated: Water puppies! :swoon:

http://i.imgur.com/WtkdKQW.webm

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

every day could be your last
in the jungle

ArchangeI posted:

I assume the cat in the picture was just told he'd be "taken back to the vet for a bit"

No, that involves a lot more of my blood.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Crossposting this very confused duck from the GIF thread:

https://i.imgur.com/vhayZsh.gifv

Flippity flap :3:

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Sutureself posted:

That is a dope-rear end dog, what a good girl.

:3: His eyebrows

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx

Nordick posted:

Good, so I wasn't the only one who realized that was Harley.
Reposting due to hilarity:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRsfOGJ5lZg

It's his gleeful reaction that really sells this.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

:hfive: First dog I had was a black Lab named Bear, fantastic dog, protective, always kept an eye on me (I was 4 when my mom got him). When we moved we gave Bear to a close family friend who had a ton of lakeside property, we'd always bring Bear and he loved swimming, running outside and generally being awesome. I still remember riding on his back out in the lake, he was around 150 pounds full-grown and carried me with ease (also used to jump in the lake if I fell off the end of the dock and try to drag me to shore).

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
I have a request. There was a video I saw on this thread maybe 6 months to a year ago that I can't find. It had two cats fighting, and then a very officious-looking little black and white dog came running in to break up the fight. We called it "cat police" in the thread, but I don't know where it was hosted or what the original video might be named. Anyone have it?

Also requesting other videos of stern little dogs breaking up cat fights, because that poo poo is adorable.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Nordick posted:

Crossposting this very confused duck from the GIF thread:

https://i.imgur.com/vhayZsh.gifv

Flippity flap :3:

WHY AREN'T I MOVING? :lol:

pookel posted:

I have a request. There was a video I saw on this thread maybe 6 months to a year ago that I can't find. It had two cats fighting, and then a very officious-looking little black and white dog came running in to break up the fight. We called it "cat police" in the thread, but I don't know where it was hosted or what the original video might be named. Anyone have it?

Also requesting other videos of stern little dogs breaking up cat fights, because that poo poo is adorable.

Failing that, I think the phrase "stern little dogs" could produce plenty of material for this thread on its own.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
I found it!

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

cash crab posted:

:3: His eyebrows

Is there a name for this coloration pattern? I see it in so many breeds. The little orange eyebrows are always cute.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
"Tan Points" would probably include most of them.

DaChurl
Nov 9, 2011

I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing.

pookel posted:

I found it!

This is so wonderful. The way he stands perfectly still at the end, like he's been through this a thousand times and he's real tired of this poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

There's also a video of chickens breaking up a fight between two rabbits. Chicken police! :haw:

• Locked thread