Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
How's Earth One?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Earth One is worth it for Gary Frank's art alone. YMMV with Geoff's story, which I liked well enough. Alternate bat-origin, if you're a fan you pretty much know this song and dance already.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

It's definitely worth 4 bucks. I love the art. The story is passable.

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon

OhFunny posted:

Anything I've overlooked in this Batman binge I'm on? :shepspends:

Arkham Asylum by Grant Morrison and Dave McKean is a trip.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Welp, the collection sale went by really fast :v:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Kurtofan posted:

Welp, the collection sale went by really fast :v:

Forgot to buy the books, oh well I got too much poo poo to read to worry about those anyway.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
SHIELD sale to hype the TV show now. Pretty much the whole shebang is good-to-great, so buy stuff!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Gaz-L posted:

SHIELD sale to hype the TV show now. Pretty much the whole shebang is good-to-great, so buy stuff!

Not read the book, but how do they get around hiding the fact Skye is really Daisy Johnson?

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Rirse posted:

Not read the book, but how do they get around hiding the fact Skye is really Daisy Johnson?

In the show? Its been revealed.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

omnibobb posted:

In the show? Its been revealed.

I mean in the comic? I been watching the show up to the current season break.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
They don't. In the Daisy issue of the current book they just handwave that she's gotten 'Skye' as a nickname because she's been doing a lot of space stuff lately.
The whole 'she's called Skye and doesn't know who her parents are' thing is a whole-cloth invention of the show and was never a thing in the comics.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She only cameos once, she's not part of the main team.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Eff SHIELD. Secret Warriors is in there.
https://www.comixology.com/S-H-I-E-L-D-Sale/page/8274?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL3NtYWxsQ2Fyb3VzZWw

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

That was included in the shebang. :colbert: The sale is SHIELD themed, that doesn't mean it's the only book on sale.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

They should've included Hickman's S.H.I.E.L.D. just to confuse people.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The beat-the-average tier of the Humble Banned Comics Bundle thing was updated with Alan Moore's From Hell and the first volume of Dark Horse's collections of Crime Does Not Pay.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The Kins posted:

The beat-the-average tier of the Humble Banned Comics Bundle thing was updated with Alan Moore's From Hell and the first volume of Dark Horse's collections of Crime Does Not Pay.

So if we already bought it at above par do we get those too?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

zoux posted:

You should. That's how it usually works with Humble Bundle.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

zoux posted:

Unless there's something weird about this bundle and this one alone, yes. You just have to go back to the key page that was emailed to you on purchase and the download'll be there alongside everything else.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yep it is!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It can be part of the fun of these bundles, you can sometimes try and guess what they'll add in the second week if the theme is specific enough.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Marvel has been having "difficulties" redeeming a digital code for me since yesterday. Is anyone else having a problem?

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
No problems here. I just redeemed 20 issues last night, but the most recent was from sometime in July.

Are all your codes more recent than that or is there any other similarity among them?

If you want, I can try entering some more stuff I still need to redeem.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

It's this week's issue of E is for Extinction. Says it can't find a server. Tried two computers, both on the same network. I dropped them an email. I'll see if they get to me in less than a few weeks like last time.

PelvicNerve
May 29, 2003

That'll be the day.

Uthor posted:

It's this week's issue of E is for Extinction. Says it can't find a server. Tried two computers, both on the same network. I dropped them an email. I'll see if they get to me in less than a few weeks like last time.
It's the one book from this week I haven't redeemed yet, I'm getting the usual Wednesday error where they tell you to contact them if it doesn't work 24 hours later. It usually sorts itself out quickly, but this one seems to be taking a bit more time.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://www.comixology.com/Frank-Miller-Sale/page/8326?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL3NtYWxsQ2Fyb3VzZWw
300, Sin City

https://www.comixology.com/Inhuman-Sale/page/8343?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL2xhcmdlQ2Fyb3VzZWw
Inhumans (1998), Inhumanity 1-2, Inhumanity: Awakening, Inhuman 1-11

https://www.comixology.com/The-Luna-Brothers-Sale/page/8327?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL3NtYWxsQ2Fyb3VzZWw
Alex + Ada, Girls, The Sword, Whispers, Ultra, Star Bright and The Looking Glass

https://www.comixology.com/Eternal-Warrior-Sale/page/8341?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL3NtYWxsQ2Fyb3VzZWw
Eternal Warrior classic and current singles n bundles
plus Unity, The Valient, Archer and Armstrong (collections 1-2), X-O Manowar (collection 5)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
If you can deal with the Lunas art, I quite liked Ultra for what it is, a celebrity slice-of-life story with some cape window-dressing.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The only thing I've read by the Lunas is The Sword and it's great. It has their signature (I guess) art style, but I didn't have a problem with it. And the story is great.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

See, I hated Ultra. I was actively angry the entire time I was reading it. I felt all the characters were one dimensional stereotypes and the tone would shift wildly. And I didn't care for all the slut shaming that was going on. Good thing I borrowed it and didn't spend any money on it. I hear good things about their other titles, but Ultra was enough to make me never want to read anything else by them.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Girls was my first exposure and I hated it, but I tried and got a soft spot for Alex + Ada. I haven't read the final trade yet, so there's still time for them to waste my goodwill!

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Image Comics NYCC sale. So many books, so little time.
Single issues:
https://www.comixology.com/comics-sale?list_id=8471&lang=1

Collections:
https://www.comixology.com/comics-sale?list_id=8427&lang=1

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I should just quit buying full priced new Image comics and wait for sales, they're so frequent.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Oct 5, 2015

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Is the Criminal special edition collected or does it need to be bought on its own?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Teenage Fansub posted:

I should just quit buying full priced new Image comics and wait for sales, they're so frequent.

This is what I do. I'm buying a ton of poo poo today!

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

The last few sales were themed and a lot more focused. This seems to be an across the line sale.

I mean, I always find something to buy, but a few of the titles on sale this time haven't been on sale in a long time.

It's a good thing I upgraded my tablet yesterday!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Things I have read in this sale that are great: Birthright, East of West, Lazarus, Rasputin, Revival, Sex Criminals, Shutter

Things I have read in this sale that are good: Drifter, Five Ghosts, Great Pacific, Nailbiter, Roche Limit

Lots of good reads available here.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Damnit. I'm thinking Criminal, Sex Criminals, and maybe the Fade Out (I didn't like the start, but I loved Fatale). Thank god I don't like Saga.

I'd maybe like to gift W+D to someone. Anyone know how that works?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

https://www.comixology.com/Warren-Ellis-Sale/page/8369

I'm not the biggest fan of Ellis' work for Avatar, but I really liked Supergod and Crecy.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Buy Sex Criminals while it's on sale guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Buy Sex Criminals if you've read most everything else that's on sale, guys. :colbert:

If we're recommending things: Southern Bastards and Bitch Planet are my favorites of the newer titles that are on sale.