Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

nexus6 posted:

Just spent another weekend playing this awesome game. Does anybody else put the Fury Road soundtrack on and then go after convoys? At the moment I'm alt-tabbing out to youtube and back but if there's a better way I'm all ears.

Pay actual money for an awesome soundtrack and put it on your phone and/or CD player?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Pay actual money for an awesome soundtrack and put it on your phone and/or CD player?

They don't make CDs anymore grandpa.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Ohh here it comes, a mighty duster patch! Looks to be live on Steam at least.

Patch notes posted:

Welcome Wastelanders!

Patch 3 for Mad Max rolls in a number of improvements, including the “Vehicle Roll” option, which lets you enable more realistic in-air physics. (And, to create more incredible moments in Capture Mode!) In addition to this, there’s a number of general fixes, for both graphics and audio, along with a number of specific updates for 64-bit Windows users. Enjoy all the nitty gritty in the full patch notes, below.

General Updates for All Platforms:
  • Added optional “Vehicle roll” setting for more realistic in-air car physics.
  • General performance improvements
  • Improved data streaming, enabling content to load faster and easier.
  • Improved auto-aim target prioritization.
  • Fixed various audio issues.
  • Made various GUI fixes and improvements.
  • Fixed several instances of the map not loading correctly.
  • Made various mission flow fixes and improvements. This includes retroactively resolving a conditional mission flow blocker that was happening to some players trying to install the Baby Bars during the Wasteland Classic mission after the mission flow had been interrupted.
  • General bug fixes.
Win64 Specific Updates:
  • Fixed instances of graphics options resetting to default upon the game loading for some users.
  • Fixed an issue which caused the Harpoon to not work correctly on triple monitor setups, and with larger aspect ratios.
  • Fixed several keyboard entry issues with the WBPlay Menu screen.
  • Made several Mouse & Keyboard Control improvements and fixes.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Huh, that's weird, I didn't see any mention of an infinite convoy mode - are you sure those are the complete patch notes?

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Dang Xeno, way to kill my vehicle roll buzz :(

e] the roll physics are hilarious, I've been kickflipping my car all over the outback

Radical 90s Wizard fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Sep 28, 2015

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Every single time I hit a rock and didn't flip over I would get angry at the game. So loving cool they added this post launch, can't wait to try it tonight.

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Anybody else's game running like complete poo poo, loading times and fps, after the latest patch? Everything was peachy keen yesterday!

I'm running that shader mod from the op, maybe that's an issue?

edit: looked at the comments on the patch news on Steam, I'm definitely not the only one. Hopefully they undo whatever they've done.

Messadiah fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Sep 29, 2015

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Wow, physics upgrade in a patch. That's crazy

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
It's still running fine for me, although there is a split-second hitch once in a while that I don't think was there before.

The patch does seem to have messed up the vignette, overlays etc. in capture mode for me, though; they leave parts of the screen uncovered at the top and bottom.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Is there a way to see how much fuel is in a can other than using it?

I'm trying to get the last 2 balloons in the north west of pink eye territory and the fuel seems like a massive headache for them.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
As far as I could tell, no way to see that.

Completed any death runs nearby? The fuel cans you get there are usually over half full. Store one in your opus. You only need to fill a balloon to like 40% to get it high enough to scan the area.

I always kept a fuel can in the Opus for those moments when I needed something like that and couldn't see one easily in the area. I think they all do have a can lying around somewhere but some of them are quite well tucked away.

ElZilcho
Apr 4, 2007

AirRaid posted:

Furthermore, the game is really good at not screwing you out of any side missions. No matter what happens you will be able to do the stuff you missed later.

So I didn't do Hope's wasteland missions. Now she is dead, what did I miss out on on not doing those missions? I'm assuming I can't get those back.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

ElZilcho posted:

So I didn't do Hope's wasteland missions. Now she is dead, what did I miss out on on not doing those missions? I'm assuming I can't get those back.

Check Deep Frier's place. She respawns post story in the fire temple place.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

ElZilcho posted:

AirRaid posted:

Furthermore, the game is really good at not screwing you out of any side missions. No matter what happens you will be able to do the stuff you missed later.

You can totally get those back.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Kin posted:

Is there a way to see how much fuel is in a can other than using it?

I'm trying to get the last 2 balloons in the north west of pink eye territory and the fuel seems like a massive headache for them.

If you ever need to refuel something, there is *always* a fuel can nearby. Also, if there is an insignia that needs shooting, there is *always* an ammo drop/thunderstick rack nearby. The game never makes you leave the area to find supplies that are essential for completing that area.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli
I always grabbed a can off one of Crow's spots and stowed it in the back of the car, comes in handy for the occasional explosive only door or that one balloon with almost no fuel around. Some of the more stingy balloon checkpoints you can use the little bit of momentum per burst and carefully rise up.

Unless you go in guns blazing and setting everything on fire, rarely will you find an encampment where you're struggling with resources unless you've been really trigger happy.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Parkingtigers posted:

If you ever need to refuel something, there is *always* a fuel can nearby.

There is, but when I did it at one hot air balloon there wasn't enough fuel to fill it up enough. So I went and got one from nearby and that one was nearly empty too. Game be trollin'.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
There really should have been a way to siphon gas from cars and less fuel cans around.

Would've been a "reward" for disabling enemy vehicles.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Mokinokaro posted:

There really should have been a way to siphon gas from cars and less fuel cans around.

Would've been a "reward" for disabling enemy vehicles.

Also a nice source of tension when you're low on gas and trying to refuel and suddenly you spot a group of cars heading toward you over the horizon.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Fans posted:

There is, but when I did it at one hot air balloon there wasn't enough fuel to fill it up enough. So I went and got one from nearby and that one was nearly empty too. Game be trollin'.

You only need to fill the balloon about halfway to reach the top.

Zarah
Sep 30, 2010

SUCCESS
There's only one way to go from the top.

Wasteland Negotiations :black101:

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I'd have traded in the thunderpoon for a rack of thundersticks that chum can either throw or max can grab and use on foot.

-Dethstryk-
Oct 20, 2000

Pound_Coin posted:

There is one balloon in Pink Eye's territory that definitely did not have the fuel tanks around to fill it up. It had the one that didn't have enough to let it reach the required height. I also had to come back with my own fuel canister.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Motherfucker posted:

I'd have traded in the thunderpoon for a rack of thundersticks that chum can either throw or max can grab and use on foot.

I'd have been perfectly happy if you could keep Tenderloin around and have her swap with Chum later to do what you're describing. No harpoons, no thunderpoons, no repairs, but infinite Thundersticks to make up for playing in hardmode :black101:

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Pound_Coin posted:

Yep! The can's had about a fifth in them.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Motherfucker posted:

I've been thinking exactly the same thing. Maybe in a sequel, would go a long way to balancing the thunderpoon if it was safe to upgrade it for tough fights without it being a long range homing missile.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Chum's reaction when max tells him he's being replaced by two giant fuel cans is so :smith:

Goodnight Sweet Prince #takentoosoon

Radical 90s Wizard fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Sep 29, 2015

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Messadiah posted:

Anybody else's game running like complete poo poo, loading times and fps, after the latest patch? Everything was peachy keen yesterday!

I'm running that shader mod from the op, maybe that's an issue?

edit: looked at the comments on the patch news on Steam, I'm definitely not the only one. Hopefully they undo whatever they've done.

I definitely noticed a performance hit after the patch on xb1 :(

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Nuts and Gum posted:

I definitely noticed a performance hit after the patch on xb1 :(

On PC, I found a spot outside of Jeet's (Over the bridge, hang a right, down the hill a ways) where the game hangs up for just a split second. That didn't happen before the patch, but it doesn't seem game breaking. I haven't rolled the car yet, though. Not for lack of trying.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!
So how in the hell does the vehicle roll work? The option is on and nothing is different.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
Anyone know if the patch fixed the Havoc Point bug? I hit a roadblock trying to kill everyone, so figured I'd come back later after I'd gotten a few more upgrades, but when I went back the enemies wouldn't spawn anymore, hence the trigger to open up the base's gate never occurred.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Whitezombi posted:

So how in the hell does the vehicle roll work? The option is on and nothing is different.

It affects how your car reacts when you hit, say, the side of a cliff or hill at a funny angle. Turn the Helper off, and you'll be able to properly barrel roll the Opus and even land it on its roof. Leave it on, it plays exactly like it did before the patch.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

T1g4h posted:

It affects how your car reacts when you hit, say, the side of a cliff or hill at a funny angle. Turn the Helper off, and you'll be able to properly barrel roll the Opus and even land it on its roof. Leave it on, it plays exactly like it did before the patch.

What happens after its on its back? It's hard to imagine you get a game over screen or chum just deadlifts it onto the wheels...

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Why cookie Rocket posted:

What happens after its on its back? It's hard to imagine you get a game over screen or chum just deadlifts it onto the wheels...

From my experience, it just rolls itself back over. I managed to launch it at a real weird angle and land upside down, skidded on the roof for a few seconds, then tumbled back over rightside up. Not sure what would happen if you flipped over and came to a stop. Maybe something like GTA V's system, where you just hold in a direction to roll back over?

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!

T1g4h posted:

Ah yes of course. Add a new feature and make sure the way you make it work is to set it to off.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

If it lands on its roof, is it just stuck like that?

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
this is one of the most satisfying games i've ever played. I spend several hours playing metal gear and just don't feel like crawling around like an rear end in a top hat or trying to be quiet anymor and jumping into mad max and just going loving nuts beating up everyone and blowing things up feels so good.

This would be game of the year if it wasnt for poo poo like the witcher 3. I hope that more people play this game since it came out at a weird time.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Whitezombi posted:

Ah yes of course. Add a new feature and make sure the way you make it work is to set it to off.
"Vehicle Roll - Helper On" Yes, surely this will help me roll my car :downs: Have you been huffing guzzoline?

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Beat it today. Not super thrilled that it ended because I enjoy beating the unholy gently caress out of warboys and thunderpooning convoys. Also I noticed stuttering since the patch the other day. Fun game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

On PC, I found a spot outside of Jeet's (Over the bridge, hang a right, down the hill a ways) where the game hangs up for just a split second. That didn't happen before the patch, but it doesn't seem game breaking. I haven't rolled the car yet, though. Not for lack of trying.

I did a full reboot of the XB1 and haven't seen any perf issues since. Take a screenshot on the map and I'll see if I see any issues there.

Whitezombi posted:

Wait, so to roll your car should it be on or off? :confused:

• Locked thread