Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

qirex posted:

I'm finding my 6s pretty needs suiting but the hugeness still feels a bit off, might be the case I got the apple leather one and it's pretty much as slippery as a naked phone anybody got a deece soft-touch case? [no silicone poo poo] [must be kawaii]

also I was pretty surprised I could just walk up and get one sunday at 5pm, I just did an "appointment" and it took fewer than 10 minutes until I was out the door.

everyone wants the rose gold and no one gives a poo poo about the other colors so you can get them anywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

the 6s is noticeably heavier than the 6 and not in a good way

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

triple sulk posted:

i held a 6 and 6s in either hand the other day and it is literally just barely noticeable, if that, and possibly only because i knew the 6s is technically heavier

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

triple sulk posted:

i never used a 6 but i dont understand how the weight of the 6s isn't good. i appreciate that i feels solid

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

Puppy Galaxy posted:

browsing is more pleasant with the larger size. one handed typing is not. two handed typing is better for me in portrait than it was on the 5. not sure if the size is a net positive or negative. mostly i don't care/notice the drawbacks. the positives are obvious.

it's kind of an ugly design to look at, at least compared to the 4's awesome design, but it's very nice to hold and use.

yeah, gf went from a 4 to a 6 and loves it because she always two-hands her phone anyway.

i find it really awkward, but the 5S is dirt cheap now so whatever.

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
i hope tim triangulates his way to a another 4" phone

i could see them delaying the 4" refresh to include 3d touch

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

reachability is an example of 2 wrongs just making 2 wrongs

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

tapbots tweeted that they submitted tweetbot 4.0 (now universal!) to the app store

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

jony neuemonic posted:

yeah, gf went from a 4 to a 6 and loves it because she always two-hands her phone anyway.

and take it from me that's not all she two-hands

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
I like reach ability and use it sometimes

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

c tweetbot for iPad s: shipped

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
Does it do anything other than add iPad support? Their website has no info and I'm not blowing seven earth dollars on a twitter app unless it changes my life.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

i don't really "use" twitter but the official client is very needs suiting so why should i pay for one?

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

the twitter app has a :justpost: button and thats really all i need

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Ludwig van Halen posted:

i don't really "use" twitter but the official client is very needs suiting so why should i pay for one?

mute / filtering functions, sync timeline position across devices, downloads tweets in the background so you don't have to wait to refresh when the app opens, good photo support

it is the best ios purchase i made. the official twitter client is trash.

(and i also bought the 20$ mac version. it is good also, and only 10$ now)

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

ZShakespeare posted:

Does it do anything other than add iPad support? Their website has no info and I'm not blowing seven earth dollars on a twitter app unless it changes my life.

:iiam:

probably support for iOS9 features - 3d touch and reply direction from notification popup and w/e

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Pinterest Mom posted:

mute / filtering functions, sync timeline position across devices, downloads tweets in the background so you don't have to wait to refresh when the app opens, good photo support

it is the best ios purchase i made. the official twitter client is trash.

(and i also bought the 20$ mac version. it is good also, and only 10$ now)

i dont mean to invoke rule 36 or whatever but am i wrong in thinking that purchasing a frontend app for a website thats a webapp evoked a p. deece 6.5 LOLs from deep in my diaphragm

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i mean i understand it if its ur job, and it adds like uh Enterprise Grade Functionality and Better Metrics and Maybe a Scripting Language INterface but if its a frontend for twitter and you have 11.5k tweets about sandwiches and 34 followers well...

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Smythe posted:

i dont mean to invoke rule 36 or whatever but am i wrong in thinking that purchasing a frontend app for a website thats a webapp evoked a p. deece 6.5 LOLs from deep in my diaphragm

No, especially since Twitter is doing all it can to kill third party clients.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
is there an http://www.easyuo.com/ knockoff but for Twitter? loved me some EASYUO.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

a bespoke artisinal twitter client for sending out 140 character bursts of wisdom

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

zen death robot posted:

Are there still people mad that Apple quit making small iphones?

conceptually yeah but after seeing a 6 id get a 6

in 2019

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Smythe posted:

tweet bot is pretty cheap and if you use twitter a lot its pretty worth it, especially since i have multiple accounts

yeah it might be useless at some stage soon but I feel like ive got my 2 or 3 dollars worth from it

just fyi, tweetbot is one of the only apps that show that the iphone 4 is technologically adequate and its just that most apps are poorly coded piles of poo poo

i cant imagine how loving smoothly and well tweetbot runs on newer phones

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
Do you work as "social media managers", or why do you need this? Why do you post in YOSPOS, if that is your job?

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

Soldier of Fortran posted:

im curious how well ios 5 handles web pages these days. would you mind posing a screenshot of some recently updated website so I can see?

jony neuemonic posted:

:rip: one-handed texting.

stop quoting stymie you loving idiots

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Smythe posted:

34 followers

man i wish

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

If you have low-impedance/high-efficiency headphones, the 6s makes them buzz when the CPU does stuff, kind of like the audio outputs on a taiwanese motherboard from 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW-G7IxtXBY

This issue is pretty noticeable with my 6s+ with cheap monoprice headphones, but since you can't hear it with the apple earpods I guess they figured it's close enough.

EDIT:

Same dude made a better video where you can hear it properly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdZ2-9qZipY

big shtick energy fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Sep 29, 2015

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

eh, you should be getting replacements for your earpods if you've broken them and are using another backup pair for some reason

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I haven't noticed that in my S4i's. I can't wear Earpods for more than a few minutes. I don't understand why Apple thinks I want to shove hard plastic in my ears.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

all iPhones are the correct size for the time that they are sold for.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

tweetbot is so good that even people who hate it buy it

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

tweetbot makes me annoyed when i try and fling away images in other apps and it doesnt work

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Apple put out big phones because there's a fat loving market of boomers whose failing eyes require 48pt text messages

the second part of the market is people whose only computer is their phone

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

theflyingexecutive posted:

Apple put out big phones because there's a fat loving market of boomers whose failing eyes require 48pt text messages

the second part of the market is people whose only computer is their phone

tfw you sit down at your big computer and resume a txting convo.. but this time in lower case and with epic speed

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
tfw u bust out ancient emotions to impress & seduce young millennial babes on the 21st century versions of AIM C=:-) #chef_hat_guy

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

:D
Grimey Drawer

DuckConference posted:

If you have low-impedance/high-efficiency headphones, the 6s makes them buzz when the CPU does stuff, kind of like the audio outputs on a taiwanese motherboard from 2001

This issue is pretty noticeable with my 6s+ with cheap monoprice headphones, but since you can't hear it with the apple earpods I guess they figured it's close enough.

EDIT:

lol forever

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

DuckConference posted:

EDIT:

I don't hear it with my EarPods or either pair of my Beats so I don't see what the problem is. :colbert:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Mulva posted:

I don't hear it with my EarPods or either pair of my Beats so I don't see what the problem is. :colbert:

another dumb bastard out there holding it wrong :rolleyes:

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

Mulva posted:

either pair of my Beats

this is dumber than phantom buzz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
there are a couple apps that i will just buy sight unseen the second they come out

tweetbot is one of them
reeder is the other

• Locked thread