Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
Also, he signed off on it himself because no PE in the field would sign off on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

my favourite part was that picture of him standing in sewage up to his knees as he's trying to figure out how to connect the plumbing up to the septic field

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

nm posted:

Also, he signed off on it himself because no PE in the field would sign off on it.

Something else I've always been confused about is... how the gently caress does a PE signing off on something mean the building inspector doesn't need to see it? The PEs do their poo poo when looking at plans and stuff an architect and/or engineers put together, not when determining if the building passes inspection and is legal to inhabit.

I have never understood why this was even A Thing for groverhaus.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Grover's house will never not be hilarious.

SUSE Creamcheese
Apr 11, 2007
I think Grover got certified as an inspector, not a PE. :regd08:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Maybe, but you can't just get your inspector's cert or anything - the official building inspector (or one of them, in towns large enough to need more than one) from the municipality your property is in has to sign off on it.

At least... that's how it works in MA. Anyone know how this works in VA?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
It was definitely a PE because I was in an FE class when it was going down and I remember being horrified.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Welp today its been confirmed I blew up the "Smart Junction Box" on an 09 f150 on Saterday installing an Intoxalock.(breathalyzer for your car) Dont give the light circuit 12 volts apparently cause the relay is un-serviceable and built into the goddamn fuse box. The powerprobe strikes again!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

Preoptopus posted:

Welp today its been confirmed I blew up the "Smart Junction Box" on an 09 f150 on Saterday installing an Intoxalock.(breathalyzer for your car) Dont give the light circuit 12 volts apparently cause the relay is un-serviceable and built into the goddamn fuse box. The powerprobe strikes again!

Why the hell is it built in?

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

This is a cool lizard and a good post.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

T1g4h posted:

This is a cool lizard and a good post.

I was trying to get him to pop his frill, but he's chilled out the past few months, since he realized that I was the guy that brings crickets.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Here's one of the many wild lizards that live in my back yard

I feed them crickets and they love me :v:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

leica posted:

Here's one of the many wild lizards that live in my back yard

I feed them crickets and they love me :v:

Chill Anole is Chill.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

My back yard is full of them and it's so fun to watch them interact with each other. That one in the pic is one of the big males, each big male has his own territory with a harem of females. Then they have babies and there's tiny lizards everywhere. The males are fiercely territorial and some of the fights I've seen were pretty entertaining, I need to take a video one of these days.

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Sep 28, 2015

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

leica posted:

My back yard is full of them and it's so fun to watch them interact with each other. That one in the pic is one of the big males, each big male has his own territory with a harem of females. Then they have babies and there's tiny lizards everywhere. The males are fiercely territorial and some of the fights I've seen were pretty entertaining, and need to take a video one of these days.

I wish we had more lizards down here, the most I've seen in a couple green/brown anoles and some blue tailed skinks.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

It gets too cold up there. One year we had a cold snap and it almost completely wiped out the lizard population in my yard, it took awhile for them to re populate. I also had an issue once with a family of Grakles stealing the Mocking bird nests in my Yucca tree and effectively wiping out the lizards again eating them all. I put a stop to that poo poo by chucking any nests I found and they stopped coming around. It's been a few years since then and the Anole population is strong again.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
I miss anoles. In Guam we had one that was at our house the entire three years. Dude got big as poo poo, and had all kinds of bitches and babies.

It was almost a daily occurrence to open a screen door and have a lizard fall on you.

Edit: also, freiburger is right. Flip flops are the best workin' on car shoe.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

iwentdoodie posted:

Indeed they are, especially when it's hot as balls out.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

IOwnCalculus posted:

Indeed they are, especially when it's hot as balls out.

It is always interesting to explain to your wife why your toes are black, however. And you get no sympathy when you drop poo poo.

Funny part is it's hot as balls, and I have on flip flops...but still wearing dickies cargo pants. Thrift store is awesome for garage clothes. And blipshift shirts are surprisingly stain resistant.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

iwentdoodie posted:

I can't stand flip flops, I always feel like they are going to fall off, or I'll get my toes crushed.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

So apparently in my drunken saturday stupor I thought it was a genius idea to bid $50 on a Sony Walkman with a broken belt drive on ebay :cripes:

I've literally got like 3 cassettes from the month that I had a tape player in my van, why I thought this was a good idea is beyond me.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

CommieGIR posted:

I can't stand flip flops, I always feel like they are going to fall off, or I'll get my toes crushed.

You get used to it.

I loving loathed flip flops my whole life till I bought a pair of reefs. Now they're drat near my go to.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Timberland Jesus Sandles. All day erryday (that I can get away with).

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

iwentdoodie posted:

You get used to it.

I loving loathed flip flops my whole life till I bought a pair of reefs. Now they're drat near my go to.

It probably helps my phobia that I actually had my ankle crushed under a car.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Any pair of thongs are a good pair of thongs imo

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Tusen Takk posted:

Any pair of thongs are a good pair of thongs imo

Yeesh, avatar + thong combo

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Oh gdi thongs =/= thong :mad:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
????? Thongs are footwear, what on earth has it to do with TT's avatar?

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Thongs aren't the only thing I put a foot into.

Apparently the GM is too scared to call me to see if I'm coming in to work next Saturday so he had someone else do it. I was scheduled to work and put that I wanted off as a longshot; didn't get it and I'm not surprised (nor do I mind, really). Just funny that the guy is so nonconfrontational to the point of having someone else do basic managerial tasks.

Oh I cannot wait to put in my two weeks' notice...

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

????? Thongs are footwear, what on earth has it to do with TT's avatar?

In america thong usually=string bikini bottom

also i hate thong sandals cause they always blistered the gently caress out of my toes but now i've got a thongless pair that i pretty much have worn daily for the last three years, to the point that i need to replace them due to lack of wet traction

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
I usually only get 6 packs at the beer store, and I go to the same one everytime so most of the people there know me. Today I bought a 12-pack, as I put it down on the counter the cashier girl said to me "That's more beer than you usually get." To which I gave her a blank stare and replied "Whatever helps the darkness come faster." Paid, and walked out.

I'm a real people person.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

MustardFacial posted:

I usually only get 6 packs at the beer store, and I go to the same one everytime so most of the people there know me. Today I bought a 12-pack, as I put it down on the counter the cashier girl said to me "That's more beer than you usually get." To which I gave her a blank stare and replied "Whatever helps the darkness come faster." Paid, and walked out.

I'm a real people person.

she works retail trust me she understands

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I have not your father's root beer in the fridge and its taking so much willpower to not drink it all now instead of by myself this weekend

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Tusen Takk posted:

I have not your father's root beer in the fridge and its taking so much willpower to not drink it all now instead of by myself this weekend

Go drink it all. I give you permission.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Tusen Takk posted:

Drink it now and buy more later you dummy

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Cross posting from a PM between leica and myself:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

One Of Us

You're totally gay now.

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH
My boss went on a European vacation and brought me back a souvenir:

I get the joke(I think), I'm just not sure who it'll upset first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
All these alcoholic root beers I've tried all taste too sweet at first, and have a nasty aftertaste.

• Locked thread