Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is going to be your MGV mission bro
This poll is closed.
DD 72 0.24%
Quiet 30008 99.63%
idk some robot thing 38 0.13%
Total: 30118 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

From what I've read it's a guaranteed S rank, but in order to get it you:
1) can't trigger reflex mode
2) can't place, CQC, throw or shoot anything. If you press the trigger button, you fail.
3) you can't leave a cardboard box behind, even if it's destroyed.

it's literally leaving no trace of you being there. I think if you fulton poo poo it counts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Carteret posted:

From what I've read it's a guaranteed S rank, but in order to get it you:
1) can't trigger reflex mode
2) can't place, CQC, throw or shoot anything. If you press the trigger button, you fail.
3) you can't leave a cardboard box behind, even if it's destroyed.

it's literally leaving no trace of you being there. I think if you fulton poo poo it counts

I fultoned out some containers from that outpost at the start of the mission. So does the no throwing thing count tossing those empty magazines too?

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

vitamin the d posted:

I fultoned out some containers from that outpost at the start of the mission. So does the no throwing thing count tossing those empty magazines too?

If no one noticed the containers then maybe? And the magazines are mentioned as failing it, but I've heard conflicting info. Did you throw any?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

vitamin the d posted:

What are the requirements for the "no traces" bonus? I've never even seen that listed before mission 30.

how the gently caress do you have the patience to take 95 minutes doing that mission? i went loud after i snuck past the first gate

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

how the gently caress do you have the patience to take 95 minutes doing that mission? i went loud after i snuck past the first gate

It was really satisfying the first time I stealthed that.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Cutscenes are counted towards your time and that mission has some long ones. Also I spent a good 15 minutes running all over the area to see if there were any ways to get in through the sides of the base.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Wish I had this earlier

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KndXKm7Po8k

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

:perfect:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxYavERCXPI

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.

I managed to low crawl past the first 2 gates without so much as a tranq shot, then everything went to poo poo

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

vitamin the d posted:

Wish I had this earlier

That's me on every god drat mission... please no skulls please no skulls.

FiestaDePantalones
May 13, 2005

Kicked in the pants by TFLC
PS4: steelxego

Also, I've never gotten above a C. It's me, I'm the scrub.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

elite_garbage_man posted:

I managed to low crawl past the first 2 gates without so much as a tranq shot, then everything went to poo poo

mgsv.rtf

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I had some conveniently timed sandstorms that let me get past the other gates and I just never changed stances from crawling.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Sick of not being able to use my tv since girlfriend and the kid hog it all the time, gently caress it, hooked up my ps4 to my computer monitor and using headsets so I can play whenever the gently caress I want and finally beat this game. Just finished the skulls mission after you pick up code talker. I kept cqc'ing the skulls and stabbing them with their own swords :feelsgood:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
MGSV: The Fulton Pain https://imgur.com/gallery/s1F3ANy

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Why are there more than one balloon?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

vitamin the d posted:

Why are there more than one balloon?

Upgrades bruh.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
PS4 wordyrappinghood

at 88% First nuke done in 2 hours :)

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

How do nukes work anyways? They keep telling me they can be made with the idroid, but I can't find it anywhere. They said something about how to use the walker tank too but I don't remember what it was.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

vitamin the d posted:

How do nukes work anyways? They keep telling me they can be made with the idroid, but I can't find it anywhere. They said something about how to use the walker tank too but I don't remember what it was.

for nukes they're built under the resources tab of all places.

Walker gear deploys in S-Rank combat deployments if it calls for it, you dont have to do anything after its built.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

That tape about emmerich I got after mission 35 :stonk:
Can I just get a side op to strangle that fucker already

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

vitamin the d posted:

That tape about emmerich I got after mission 35 :stonk:
Can I just get a side op to strangle that fucker already

Man, emmerich is like the one voice of reason in this game.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

He can't even keep his story straight
He says the ai pod cant be opened from the outside and then right after mentions that he opened it. And I'm not sure how strangelove really died.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

L M F A O

Hal is the biggest monster in the game.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

vitamin the d posted:

He can't even keep his story straight
He says the ai pod cant be opened from the outside and then right after mentions that he opened it. And I'm not sure how strangelove really died.

Huey locked her in there and she suffocated. You get a tape recording of the last ten minutes of her life.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Decided to click to the spoiler text and welp :stare:

Can't wait to get to that point in the game.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

ElMaligno posted:

L M F A O

Hal is the biggest monster in the game.

He's poo poo dont get me wrong, but he's not a rogue oil platform stockpiling nukes in the 70s lol. I'm sypathetic for Diamond Dogs and Outerheaven based on what we've seen but to see that as anything less than a huge risk to WORLD SECURITY and all that is silly. If Emmerich allowed inspections for legitimacy thats the best thing Big boss could do. Other than the fact that everything else is CORRUPT FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Huey locked her in there and she suffocated. You get a tape recording of the last ten minutes of her life.

Yeah I figured he was lying about the death too since he changed it 3 times in a single sitting. I don't know why they even bother interrogating him at this point because he just lies about everything.

Edit: even his crying at the end of the tape sounds like some hosed up laughter.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

realtalk i loving love the casettes

i was incredibly saddened when they said they weren't going to do a lot of crazy cutscenes, but god drat the voice acting is awesome

the writing is poo poo, but it's like a geopolitical radio play and i love it

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
the only cassette I've listened to so far is the porta john one

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I play that tape when I'm posting on SA.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i've been blowing through the side ops while i develop poo poo so i listen to them then

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Some interesting backstory in them, like the one explaining the nickname Shalashaska. Also the one with the rest of the post-credits conversation between Paz and Skeletor in Ground Zeroes.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNoyEPDaL9M

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room