Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

sean10mm posted:

Do the Bears have any decent defensive backs they can trade to the Patriots for peanuts for no good reason? That seems like the next logical step to the "gently caress it we give up" plan.

ahahahaha

Ahahahahahahaha
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH

ASSAAAAAAHHHHAAaaaa

No we do not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Bears need to trade Forte to the Patriots because holy poo poo he would be scary on that scheme.

I just want the best for Forte :smith:

Shouldn't be forced to deal with the trash heap that is this tean.

Go win a ring with the Pats.

ArgaWarga
Apr 8, 2005

dare to fail gloriously

Commence the fire sale, trade Forte and Bennett.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Package Bennett and Forte,

:allears: That 2 TE Package with Gronk, and Martellus.

Catfish Stevens
Jul 9, 2001

WHO DAT? Who gives a damn?
What's Curtis Painter doing these days?

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

Catfish Stevens posted:

If the Bears are going to get any other QBs in 2015, it better be Rex Grossman or Kyle Orton. :colbert:

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Catfish Stevens posted:

Legit shocked he's not on a roster right now.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Dexo posted:

Iirc he injured his leg in the middle of the second played the rest of that, then came back out for one drive in the third.

Yeah, no one ever remembers that one possession in the third where he came out and looked slower than a legless Drew Bledsoe

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

C-Euro posted:

Six is as high as I'll go-
CHI twice
NO
SF
OAK
STL

And even that's assuming quite a bit (Chicago and NO stay injured, Oakland can't cope with a 1 EST kickoff). Anything past that and you need to really convince me. Unless someone implodes hard, maybe bad Philly will show up for Thanksgiving.

Lol, the Raiders just won a game in that time zone.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Seahawks should trade for Martellus Bennett. Imagine having 2 good TEs, it'd be like the Patriots with Gronk and Hernandez again, except one isn't a murderer (that we know of). Plus he'd be on the same team as his brother :allears:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

warcrimes posted:

Lol, the Raiders just won a game in that time zone.

Hence the "assumption" caveat. Again, six is optimistic and the Lions excel at finding new ways to disappoint! I'm super-excited to see them play the Bears though, games between lovely teams are the best.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

seiferguy posted:

Seahawks should trade for Martellus Bennett. Imagine having 2 good TEs, it'd be like the Patriots with Gronk and Hernandez again, except one isn't a murderer (that we know of). Plus he'd be on the same team as his brother :allears:

You know who your OC is, right? The odds of him using 2 skill position players properly, at once, are like (does math) a quadrillion to one?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

sean10mm posted:

You know who your OC is, right? The odds of him using 2 skill position players properly, at once, are like (does math) a quadrillion to one?

At least Martellus can block, right? :downs:

Miloshe
Oct 25, 2009

The little chicken girl wants me to ease up!
He can't handle!
He cries like woman!

sweet thursday posted:

Bears are burning the car for insurance money

They should contact Chiche. The butler did it. Go Pats.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

ArgaWarga posted:

Can we have the Cardinals back? :shobon:

what a world we live in :allears:

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

If Lacy is really hurt or reinjures the leg tonight, Packers should trade for Forte IMO

In fact, the rest of the NFC North should all pick up something at the Bears' Estate Sale

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Petite Dinklage posted:

If Lacy is really hurt or reinjures the leg tonight, Packers should trade for Forte IMO

In fact, the rest of the NFC North should all pick up something at the Bears' Estate Sale

No we have one former bears player and that is enough

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I'd be 100% ok with Forte going to the Packers and owning. Only thing that would suck would be rear end in a top hat packer fans but I've dealt with them my whole life so what's one more bullet in their rear end in a top hat gun.

Wherever he can go to actually have success and maybe get a ring.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Jon Bostic is a Patriot, what we get back hasn't been announced yet.

Hail satan, get off my TV Bostic

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
Are there Bears going to have anyone left by Sunday if they keep trading players?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Dexo posted:

I'd be 100% ok with Forte going to the Packers and owning. Only thing that would suck would be rear end in a top hat packer fans but I've dealt with them my whole life so what's one more bullet in their rear end in a top hat gun.

Wherever he can go to actually have success and maybe get a ring.

I wouldn't go quite that far, but if Forte joins any team other than the Packers, I want him to get a ring.

E: The Bears should have dealt him to New England or Arizona

Catfish Stevens
Jul 9, 2001

Christ Pseudoscientist posted:

Are there Bears going to have anyone left by Sunday if they keep trading players?

Who would even take draft picks for Pickles?

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

GNU Order posted:

Jon Bostic is a Patriot, what we get back hasn't been announced yet.

Hail satan, get off my TV Bostic

Another 6th round pick. Well uh at least Kyle Long was a good pick in 2013

Christ Pseudoscientist posted:

Does it matter? The only thing to watch this season is to see if Chicago breaks the all time punt yardage record

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Emanuel Collective posted:

Another 6th round pick. Well uh at least Kyle Long was a good pick in 2013

Does it matter? The only thing to watch this season is to see if Chicago breaks the all time punt yardage record

Pat' ODonnell is hurt so probably not.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The Bears should shoot Jimmy Clausen out of a loving cannon.

Also, the Bears, who desperately want to get rid of Cutler and get a QB, find themselves tanking for a high pick in a year where there are no goof QBs in the draft, and they will certainly reach for some poo poo hackenberg-level quarterback and just continue to gently caress the team forever.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Wow, it's a straight up fire sale.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

It's the equivalent of going to a merchant in an MMO and selling all your rat pelts and broken tree stumps

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
how much do you want for the rights to jay cutler. i need a dishwasher.

Catfish Stevens
Jul 9, 2001

The Bears have blindfolded Jimmy Clausen and released him in South Chicago with that ridiculous picture of him with the spiked hair and rings taped to his chest.

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

R.D. Mangles posted:

The Bears should shoot Jimmy Clausen out of a loving cannon.

Also, the Bears, who desperately want to get rid of Cutler and get a QB, find themselves tanking for a high pick in a year where there are no goof QBs in the draft, and they will certainly reach for some poo poo hackenberg-level quarterback and just continue to gently caress the team forever.

Pace is hired for the long haul, I have confidence that he won't reach for someone speculative. The brass knows that they just need talent.

That said all the touts have Jared Goff being worth a top 5 pick.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
sell all the good bears players to the niners so you can have one abjectly terrible team and then one historically the worst team.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I can't imagine the Bears drafting a QB high then not getting on the Browns QB Bust Carousel for the next 20 years.

Catfish Stevens
Jul 9, 2001

R.D. Mangles posted:

I can't imagine the Bears drafting a QB high then not getting on the Browns QB Bust Carousel for the next 20 years.

Bears, draft a QB? If they're going to Browns it up they should trade for Manziel imo

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

SirPhoebos posted:

There are people that want the Bears to pick up Tim Tebow! :psyduck:

There are Lions' fans who want Tebow to replace Stafford.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Sign Mike Kafka, you loving scrubs

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

Catfish Stevens posted:

The Bears have blindfolded Jimmy Clausen and released him in South Chicago with that ridiculous picture of him with the spiked hair and rings taped to his chest.

oh no turns out they let him loose in Bridgeport and now the south side Irish are demanding the Bears make this Notre Dame icon their franchise QB

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Emanuel Collective posted:

oh no turns out they let him loose in Bridgeport and now the south side Irish are demanding the Bears make this Notre Dame icon their franchise QB

It is funny that Chicago Notre Dame people have been simultaneously inflicted with Jimmy Clausen and Jeff Samardzija.

That's why you follow Chicago's Big Ten Team, wildcats bitch

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Draft the whole northwestern defense

Catfish Stevens
Jul 9, 2001

GNU Order posted:

Draft the whole northwestern defense

Draft the Polish cavalry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Bears are going to end up with a McCown next season. Off-season is looking pretty McCownish.

• Locked thread