Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Bombogenesis posted:

I will play this game again because I need something to do until a less lovely game updates or releases. Also I hate myself.

GW2's free to play now, hope that helps bub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Bombogenesis posted:

I will play this game again because I need something to do until a less lovely game updates or releases. Also I hate myself.

On the one hand Wildstar isn't quite as bad as the people in this thread make it sound. On the other hand it isn't, like, actually worth playing. Might I suggest community service?

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
Nobody's actually stopping anybody from playing the game. We all have bad taste here.

Yes you do.

Yes, you.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I'm the OP of the Starbound thread and even I'm not going to play this game

Commissar Budgie
Aug 10, 2011

I am a Commissar. I am empowered to deliver justice wherever I see it lacking. I am empowered to punish cowardice. I am granted the gift of total authority to judge, in the name of the Emperor, on the field of combat.

Babe Magnet posted:

post a chua, it doesn't matter how much you fiddle with sliders, it's always going to look like The Worst Character

Did somebody say Worst Character?

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

Commissar Budgie posted:

lol

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Commissar Budgie posted:

the proportions look like a baby dressed up as master chief

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

Commissar Budgie posted:

What the gently caress is that armor. Are those plugs on the shoulders?

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
"Ahahahah I'm so drunk and there are hair growing out of my eyes! Ahahahaah!"

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Lizard Wizard posted:

GW2's free to play now, hope that helps bub.

and the only restrictions for gw2 F2P is just to combat gold farmers. it like the most player friendly F2P restrictions compare to most F2P conversions.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Bombogenesis posted:

Are those plugs on the shoulders?
yes

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Commissar Budgie posted:

:holymoley:

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Cyron posted:

and the only restrictions for gw2 F2P is just to combat gold farmers. it like the most player friendly F2P restrictions compare to most F2P conversions.

I just started playing SWTOR and holy poo poo is that a horrid F2P set up. So many important things that you normally do not think about require real money to unlock. You have to pay about eight or nine bucks to unlock the "display helmet" option.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Commissar Budgie posted:

Still better than those things posted earlier.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

midnightclimax posted:

what makes it even funnier is you can get flat out mouse eyes on your chua, which is way more entertaining than the hugely bushy eyebrows thing

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

midnightclimax posted:

Remember how the wildstar goons thought the chua was the best thing ever? sadly I do.

I brought the game at launch due to peer presser but I was more into what that zombie race was, they to me the only decent looking race and their undead night elfs more or less.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
So did they actually add proper mouse-aim to the game, or do you still need to kludge a bunch of mods to make that work

I thought I saw something about full mouselook and mouseaim support being added but I might have misread

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

SpaceDrake posted:

So did they actually add proper mouse-aim to the game, or do you still need to kludge a bunch of mods to make that work

I thought I saw something about full mouselook and mouseaim support being added but I might have misread

Yeah, that's one of the new features according to an article on their website.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Baller Time posted:

Making characters look really dumb is the best part of any character creation, so Wildstar did the right thing by skipping right to that part.

happy f2p launch

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Firmly grasp the :kazooieass:

Anoia posted:

Midnight PST

That don't really want anyone there for it.

Christ. Well, I'll be there, I'm not spending 15 bux to run around on my old stalker but I'll def do it for free.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Kelp Plankton posted:

happy f2p launch

This guy looks like a character from Antz.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Just in case anyone hates themselves that much, it's not midnight PST, it's midnight EST, so about 9 pm PST.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Just in case anyone hates themselves that much, it's not midnight PST, it's midnight EST, so about 9 pm PST.

Confession: my self-hate knows no bounds

Further confession: I cannot help but stare at trainwrecks

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

SpaceDrake posted:

Confession: my self-hate knows no bounds

Further confession: I cannot help but stare at trainwrecks

oh I just finished downloading it, gonna go on an hour long safari if the servers don't blow up before I go to bed

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Also the stream is already a bit of a tragicomedy, Chad Moore looks like he'd rather be doing anything other than spinning that dumb wheel

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Cyron posted:

you're missing an important criteria here:

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Oh hey, Caydiem/Cyster is on stream now and is actually enjoying herself!

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I find it pretty fitting that the silent fang herself works for carbine.

Noirex
May 30, 2006

That poor couch....

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Big surprise, the content Cyster worked on actually looks pretty okay or even good

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Wow, they got the whole dev team on the couch.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

They're right about the guy who composed the music for this game, all of it is loving amazing and I still occasionally fire up the youtube playlist for that.

edit: no audio, lol

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

They're right about the guy who composed the music for this game, all of it is loving amazing and I still occasionally fire up the youtube playlist for that.

I was gonna say, the game's soundtrack deserves a better game overall, the game that launched a year ago was in no way worthy of its music (and in many cases had no idea how to use said music)

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

what the gently caress?

the lion king is still on broadway? is that sign for the musical?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

what the gently caress?

the lion king is still on broadway? is that sign for the musical?

Just like cats it will always be on Broadway.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

SpaceDrake posted:

Big surprise, the content Cyster worked on actually looks pretty okay or even good

The stuff she did was pretty much always thought to be the best parts.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Remember to brush your teeth before playing!

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
gently caress it am downloading it, because I am insane.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Too good a dev for this poo poo game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

the fact that we keep posting in this thread almost guarantees that you're gonna play this game again when it's free

• Locked thread