Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best K-On?
This poll is closed.
Mio 26 18.18%
Yui 21 14.69%
Ritsu 30 20.98%
Azusa 17 11.89%
Mugi 49 34.27%
Total: 143 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
OK. I missed the HLs when they came out because I didn't enjoy shooters at the time, but I can appreciate good ones now, so I might give it a shot sometime. Thanks, friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

OK. I missed the HLs when they came out because I didn't enjoy shooters at the time, but I can appreciate good ones now, so I might give it a shot sometime. Thanks, friends.

the Gameplay in the half life series is way more about thinking quickly about how to use the environment to avoid enemy attacks

heres a cool video of friend arfjason playing a segment of the fan made remake of 1, black mesa source

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHaetwsu6_Q

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

tbf undertale actually has an ending

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I'd actually extend that to say half lifes is all about the environment really, you spend as much time navigating space as you do in combat probably

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Shadowgate is a good game but sometimes delves into adventure game logic which eh.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

drat. I saw it a theater that kicks folks out for talking during movies, which has its own charm (hearing the movie, for one), but that sounds pretty fun.

It was a Special Stage specifically meant to provide a concert experience. The room itself just just your standard theater, except for the cardboard cutout of the girls in front of the line that kept people from getting close to the screen.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Sharkopath posted:

I'd actually extend that to say half lifes is all about the environment really, you spend as much time navigating space as you do in combat probably

That sounds neat.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

It was a Special Stage specifically meant to provide a concert experience. The room itself just just your standard theater, except for the cardboard cutout of the girls in front of the line that kept people from getting close to the screen.

ahhh, OK. That's a good idea. I wish they catered to the turbonerds in that fashion over here, but there probably aren't enough to fill a theatre in most cities.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

the fairy is very cute, the fairy is very powerful, do not aggress the fairy.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

the two knights in the back!!!!!

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

one of the dudes there is called alekder sander and that name is loving with my head

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i thought for a sec sharkey had gotten his hand on berserk chapters from the future

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Sharkopath posted:

half life 2 is still one of the greatest first person games ever made

i will one day muster up the courage to play the half life games

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sharkopath posted:

one of the dudes there is called alekder sander and that name is loving with my head

The venerable and wise Sander, known to us as Smart-Alekder Sander.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

everythingWasBees posted:

i will one day muster up the courage to play the half life games

bee brave

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

this is probably the sequence i would put in the manga thread, because it shows off the themes of the whole story and also the artists really good eye for timing in page layouts

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

also the two lady knights are totally dating each other, its canon.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Sharkopath posted:

also the two lady knights are totally dating each other, its canon.

Is it actually canon or are you making that up because it'd be cute?

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
some fans released a modest graphics update for hl2 a few month ago that you can pick up right from steam, so I was playing the game again for the first time in years and years.

it's still really good. one of the small things I still really appreciate is the passage of time in the game. From day, to night, to day, to dusk again, and the way it lines up thematically with the levels you're doing...it's really good. Still one of the best directed experiences of the day, and they still barely ever take character control away from you

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

wait is black clover good i thought that people said it just stole all of its plot beats from naruto or was that something else

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Is it actually canon or are you making that up because it'd be cute?

shes the head of a ladies only strikeforce of knights and sol who is the other one is constantly being lovey dovey around her and it makes her embarrassed and she has to tell her to keep quiet

its not explicit but its like 1 step away from being

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

wait is black clover good i thought that people said it just stole all of its plot beats from naruto or was that something else

im reading it right now and its good

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I read the first few chapters and I thought it did little to stand out. But those were basically just introductions for the protagonist and the rival so maybe it got better.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

its a shonen rear end shonen inspired by a lot of other shonen but its all entertaining and the cast is really strong and cool and fun

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I described it as Naruto if Rock Lee was the main character and everyone was wizards. I liked it but Sharky's better than me at selling people on comics.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

the art is incredibly high tier and the artist has good control over page layouts and composition but also just creatively illustrating magical attacks

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

im gonna dump a scene thats just a bunch of attack illustrations, please stand by.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Allarion posted:

I described it as Naruto if Rock Lee was the main character and everyone was wizards. I liked it but Sharky's better than me at selling people on comics.

That's still a pretty fantastic sales pitch.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

The Colonel posted:

Actually Half-Life 2 is really bad and overrated and people only like it cause of nostalgia and *gross poopy fart noises*

It's a good game but the shooting part is pretty boring.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
you know what was good? red faction 1

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

imgur is broken, i cant do it, sorry

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

everythingWasBees posted:

That's still a pretty fantastic sales pitch.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

this spread is oda as hell and i love it though

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

my favorite character is the tiny girl who is always eating and has incredibly powerful sheep based spells, but shes used sparingly and thats probably for the best

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I read it all, final verdict: is very nice.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

shonen can't last though so eventually itll burn out, it has more heart and better characters than the last shonen i read though so thats good

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

shonen can't last though so eventually itll burn out, it has more heart and better characters than the last shonen i read though so thats good

what was the last shonen you read

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

The true ending was pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

what was the last shonen you read

seven deadly sins, i liked the art design but the characters were all pretty weak and then the story got bad

• Locked thread