Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Soulcleaver posted:

Dodging those black bars with my mouse like I'm in some kind of message board shmup.
Don't worry, all that happens is berserk berserk berserk berserk so it's not really a big deal, just more berserk berserk berserk berserk berserk...
Kinda bloody though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Jose posted:

its cool that to deal with his writers block miura just decided to write about rickert for a while so we get new chapters

actually it's not writers block I'm pretty sure he is just being a lazy gently caress. Like if he says he doesn't know what to do next with guts thats mad bs yo. just get him off the boat. maybe he don't know what to do after that or after fairy island but deal with that when the time comes. for now just get us off this loving boat. christ almighty. it's actually been years. also his art is degrading this chapter looked like rear end and the characters have this wierd uncanny valley look to that and it's unsettling.

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

Ringo Roadagain posted:

actually it's not writers block I'm pretty sure he is just being a lazy gently caress. Like if he says he doesn't know what to do next with guts thats mad bs yo. just get him off the boat. maybe he don't know what to do after that or after fairy island but deal with that when the time comes. for now just get us off this loving boat. christ almighty. it's actually been years. also his art is degrading this chapter looked like rear end and the characters have this wierd uncanny valley look to that and it's unsettling.

DUDE, THE REDACTIONS INDICATE THE NEXT CHAPTER IS GOING TO BE RECKLESSLY BRUTAL! WHO SHALL BE MECILESSLY WITHOUT MERCY TO ANOTHER MORE OR LESS ESTABLISHED CHARACTER IN THIS WEEK'S INSTALLMENT?

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

There's nothing ultra crazy in this chapter and no real reason to worry about spoiler tags.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
The real news is that the last page says the next chapter will be out on October 23rd.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
New chapter is up in English - http://www.mangareader.net/berserk/340

This might be some of the best Berserk art ever, and that is no small statement.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
drat, that dude split a horse in half to douse the flames

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Nahxela posted:

Peak Berserk.

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again

7c Nickel posted:

So I finally got around to reading through this series. Good stuff though some of the rape scenes seem a bit gratuitous. I then decided to read through the thread and came across this exchange from 2008.

You know what, I'm coming back on 2010. Hopefully caska will be healed by then.
They've been trying to get a boat for over a year now, at best they'll be halfway to Elf-land fighting random krakens.
[/quote]

What the gently caress have I gotten myself into.
[/quote]

Yeah its pretty wild.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

Ethiser posted:

Peak Berserk.

No, peak Berserk will be next chapter when he splits a little girl in half to do the same.

Or maybe Miura will just have her piss on him to put it out.

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp
Looks like Mirura got his mojo back.

Erica, being a product of the cursed blacksmith, symbolizes Guts' sword

Guts' sword, being taken, symbolizes Miura's writers' block

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp
The demon armor actually is a symbol of Miura's corporate or private sponsor with much money/

go fig.

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again
I just read through Berserk after watching the anime over like 3 weeks. I like this current storyline with Rickert more then anything since like the church arc maybe. I don't think Erica is going to die, the old kushan wizard guy is probably going to save her

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
Erica makes no sense in this chapter. Its like Miura was just like "i need her to be held hostage right now". bad writing. I hope that gets explained more adequately.

Law Cheetah fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Sep 29, 2015

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
Am I supposed to recognize the term 'war demon'?

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Relin posted:

I have no loving clue either.

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
All your spoiler hintings about how Miura is back to pre id@lmaster days and all that happens is that Erica gets captured and a horse gets split in half? Really?

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
horsey no

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again

Relin posted:

At least in the translation I read that terms been used all throughout to refer to Griffths's apostles.

Vedius Pollio
Sep 11, 2007

I swear the preview image floating around was cropped a certain way so that it looked like her legs were flying from her torso. Rakshas' cloth looked like her guts spilling out and the people posting the image were making GBS threads bricks about it.

Come on Miura, just pull the loving trigger.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
It wouldn't make sense thematically. Rickert is like Guts in a lot of ways, he's lost a lot, but he hasn't had the same things happen to him that leave him as completely hosed up and monstrous as Guts. He serves as a foil, as someone who has also suffered at Griffith's hands, but instead of trudging through the blood and bile that Guts did for his chance at revenge, Rickert is keeping a level head and is just generally more well adjusted.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
War Demons were what the humans call the Apostles working for Griffith.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Relin posted:

I seem to recall some of the characters using the term to refer to Griffith's generals/apostles.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
It's what Griffith's apostle army is called in the Dark Horse translation.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

Rickert is so manly :swoon:

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Amorphous Blob posted:

Rickert is so dead :unsmigghh:

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i don't remember who these people are but this comic has 8000000 lines per panel now

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

Were they given a specific name in the EG translations?

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.

pinegala posted:

Were they given a specific name in the EG translations?
We've been using war demon and war demon soldiers where characters actually say those words for a while now. Through the current Rickert-centric arc, and probably before then but I don't remember the last time the term appeared because my memory is terrible and I actually had to be reminded about the Guts-stalking apostle Rickert refers to in this chapter Miura draws slow lol

Edit: also the fight this chapter owns and I love it when Miura draws a million squiggly lines

LordMune fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Sep 29, 2015

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Nahxela posted:

Guts already did the same thing in an even more badass way.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
I just realized Rickert is the first one to lay a hand on post-Eclipse Griffin.

Literally more badass than the protagonist and he knows mechanical-fu, besides.

I think he's got this poo poo cold.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Bad Seafood posted:

Didn't the EG crowd make a point of eschewing the official translations or am I thinking of another douchebag sub group

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
that ending was really stupid

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

We have nothing but respect for the thankless work Dark Horse does (and we are partially guilty of making thankless), so you're probably thinking of some subset of the SK.net crowd or something.

That said, rarely do we refer to them for names and the like, if for no other reason than that we often have to translate those names "first" - but sometimes Miura dredges up some up some ancient concept from the early days.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Law Cheetah posted:

Erica makes no sense in this chapter. Its like Miura was just like "i need her to be held hostage right now". bad writing. I hope that gets explained more adequately.

She's like, eight years old.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

It's not like Miura couldn't have let Rakshas snatch her from a window or something. She runs out because she's eight years old, not because there was no other way to engineer the cliffhanger.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I feel like it's a dumb cliffhanger for reasons that have nothing to do with how contrived it is or isn't for her to run out there.

It's just cheap, bargain bin drama.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

muike posted:

It wouldn't make sense thematically. Rickert is like Guts in a lot of ways, he's lost a lot, but he hasn't had the same things happen to him that leave him as completely hosed up and monstrous as Guts. He serves as a foil, as someone who has also suffered at Griffith's hands, but instead of trudging through the blood and bile that Guts did for his chance at revenge, Rickert is keeping a level head and is just generally more well adjusted.

It helps when you nor your SO are not branded!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

OnimaruXLR posted:

She's like, eight years old.

That's not an actual reason. Characters have reasons why they do things. Why did she do that. What was in her head. "She's like eight.", so are Schierke and that other kid

LordMune posted:

It's not like Miura couldn't have let Rakshas snatch her from a window or something. She runs out because she's eight years old, not because there was no other way to engineer the cliffhanger.

She runs because he needed it to be Erica that got grabbed and not anyone else, for Rickert-related reasons. If he went up to the window it would have involved all the girls.

Law Cheetah fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Sep 29, 2015