Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

A guy I worked with had a son with pretty severe mental retardation and an inability to wait in lines- they go up to the line and tell the operator what's up and based on the fastpass wait time they can come back and skip the line after waiting as if they were in line- his kid just can't handle being in line for that long, and they are accommodating. They just bring him in the exits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
The reason they got rid of it was they wanted people to use the expensive VIP tour service that is a few hundred bucks an hour that brings you to the front of lines as opposed to getting a third party to do it for you.

The fast pass is a fair compromise.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

ColHannibal posted:

The reason they got rid of it was they wanted people to use the expensive VIP tour service that is a few hundred bucks an hour that brings you to the front of lines as opposed to getting a third party to do it for you.

The VIP service is amazing at Disney World, they can schedule your day to be wall to wall rides if you want. They can also get you re-rides if the line is under 30 minutes I believe.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Mulva posted:

The VIP service is amazing at Disney World, they can schedule your day to be wall to wall rides if you want. They can also get you re-rides if the line is under 30 minutes I believe.

I feel like the VIP service isn't that expensive when compared to the cost of planes/cars/hotels/normal park fees - I think if I ever did a family vacation to Disney World I would just get the VIP passes, because what's another couple K on top of all those other costs?

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

OctoberBlues posted:

I feel like the VIP service isn't that expensive when compared to the cost of planes/cars/hotels/normal park fees - I think if I ever did a family vacation to Disney World I would just get the VIP passes, because what's another couple K on top of all those other costs?

It really isn't, especially if you're in a group since the fee covers up to ten people.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

It's not a picture but it sure is funny that a weekday night at a hotel at Disneyland starts at $379. I cannot imagine coming here in July and spending 6 grand for a week to wait 3 hours to ride Pirates of the Caribbean.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

Mulva posted:

Best avi post combo all day.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Smelly posted:

I watched a :btroll: cut the line at Hersheypark on her scooter only to discover she was too fat to ride. They couldn't get the guard down over her gut.

I worked at Hersheypark for three years. I once saw a similar situation. Some massive woman couldn't fit in a ride, at one point the employee was charge ramming the guard in an effort to make it lock. Eventually he just shrugged and the lady had to shuffle off.

I also worked near The Storm Runner, which is a newish hydraulic roller coaster that launches horizontally. It goes from 0-70mph in like two seconds. It goes straight horizontally for a bit then has a big hump to clear, and from there momentum does the rest. If there were too many massively fat people on the ride, the coaster wouldn't clear the first hump and could roll back to the starting area, where it would take them like 15 minutes to reset it. This was when the ride was new so it was really popular, and this happened semi frequently, so you'd often just see people at the back of the line just dip. It started happening less and less so maybe they figured out some kind of algorithm for seating fatties so they didn't gently caress up the ride.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

ColHannibal posted:

There's also no benefit to you standing in line - it's literally the only time when you don't have the opportunity to spend more money. The less time people spend in lines, the more money they'll give to the park, AND they'll be happier about their experience.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Zero One posted:

Disney got rid of their old system a couple years ago. Now the special access is pretty much only given to autistic and Make-a-Wish kids. People in wheelchairs need to wait the normal time or get a fastpass.

What? Why is this a thing that happens.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
I guess it's mainly for those who will start hurting themselves if stuck in a line rather than every sperg and socially maladjusted kid. But I don't know how can they tell the difference.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Wouldn't the enjoyment of a ride be wasted on someone who didn't even understand what was going on

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
https://i.imgur.com/9zRte0m.gifv

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Germans would never do something so inefficient

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

Triumph of the Wheel

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The Third Bike?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
'The misery of Germany is due to Jews and cyclists.'

'Why cyclists?'

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

The Third Bike?
Would be better as a treich in that case.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

mother loving double post cachning bullshit not showing i already posted

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

AKA Pseudonym posted:

Triumph of the Wheel

:sbahj:

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

Zero One posted:

Disney got rid of their old system a couple years ago. Now the special access is pretty much only given to autistic and Make-a-Wish kids. People in wheelchairs need to wait the normal time or get a fastpass.
More Disney derail:
My brother's mentally disabled + severely autistic and from my family's experience, Disney does not let people like him skip lines anymore. We've been on many phone calls/sent many emails/pleaded with many people at the park to let him go back to the way they used to do it, but the best they've been able to do is issue two or three more fastpasses than usual... which doesn't always help because those are on a schedule. After years of skipping the lines, it's hard keep a 6-foot-tall mentally disabled dude happy if you can't go on the ride NOW, and you have to wait for literally no reason that he can understand. Thankfully, we've gotten him on different meds that have made him a LOT more chilled out and flexible when it comes to changing up the schedule of rides and activities, but it can still be dicey. It used to be that if Peter Pan or Space Mountain were closed or having technical problems, it would immediately result in a grown adult screaming, punching, and headbutting us in the middle of a crowded park full of scared kids and ignorant adults shooting us freakshow stares.

goose fleet posted:

Wouldn't the enjoyment of a ride be wasted on someone who didn't even understand what was going on
No, the enjoyment of the rides are not wasted on people like my brother. The happiest my whole family's ever seen my brother is when he's at Disneyworld. We go to Disney JUST to see him happy like that.

So thanks to the jerks who rented out wheelchairs and acted like they had brain damage for ruining the only thing that gives my family a loving break from the hell we live in! You scum of the earth!

Here's a picture of Karl Pilkington saying something funny:

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

goose fleet posted:

Germans would never do something so inefficient

Do not vorry, ve haff already solved zis problem.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BtZcmEkFsI

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008
DCFYMPGRSQ

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

That bike looks very meinkampfortable.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
Not going to master any races on THAT bike

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Evilreaver posted:

:laffo:

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

That would make the strangest tracks

edit: nazi pun

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Evilreaver posted:

:perfect:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

A Google Deep Dream makeup.

This is how it looks like in Google Deep Dream, by the way.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

goose fleet posted:

Is that what you think autism is? It's not catatonia.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

flosofl posted:

Is that what you think autism is? It's not catatonia.

Pretty sure that dude was just trying to casually piss people off.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

OctoberBlues posted:

Pretty sure that dude was just trying to casually piss people off.

You're probably right. I was just blinded by the level of stupidity.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

i just do not see what's wrong with this bike.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

amityville anus posted:

i just do not see what's wrong with this bike.

For one you'd have to always lean hard toward the right.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

For one you'd have to always lean hard toward the reich.

FTFY

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Zopotantor posted:

Do not vorry, ve haff already solved zis problem.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BtZcmEkFsI

Curves of constant width are cool as hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoueExyXkWY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

The MSJ posted:

A Google Deep Dream makeup.

This is how it looks like in Google Deep Dream, by the way.

Absolutely would

• Locked thread