Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Post 9-11 User posted:

Ever see a radio host that you've heard for years but whose face you have never seen? Usually, when I see the face I am totally surprised by how it looks, in this case it is exactly what I expected.

I dunno, it's weird that he's smiling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
he had just been paddling a kid

it wasn't even his

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Ambitious Spider posted:

Yea but he's also saying stuff like "hey maybe we shouldn't treat gays, divorcees, and people who have had abortions like complete poo poo"

Which he's been fought on every step of the way. It's a small change, but still pretty significant considering the glacial pace of change for the church.

Well yeah, his election was definitely a positive thing given the likely alternatives and I said he looks good if your standard is other popes.

But I don't hold regular people's character to the low low standard of "are you a better person than Benedict XVI". A regular person who says "women have no moral right to control their own reproduction but at least I don't treat you like complete poo poo for it you're welcome" is still a huge rear end in a top hat. Maybe not throwing molotov cocktails into gay bars was all it took to be a good person in the 1960s but this is 2015 and telling a whole class of people with higher than average suicide rates that they're morally inferior people and can't in good conscience find love is lovely even if you say it in a nice way, sorry :shrug:

Still it's progress and I'm not unhappy about that. It just kinda sucks when he says something lovely and I have to be like "oh right"

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

minimalist posted:

he had just been paddling a kid

it wasn't even his

And that kid will grow up respectful of their elders :911:

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

He's got a straight razor in his hat.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

From a ways back...

Riatsala posted:

I know what you mean, man. Some of these cartoons form fuzzy blank spots in my vision; I think my brain is trying to save itself by refusing to acknowledge them.

They're unsettling. The creepy art style doesn't help, either. If someone were to put one cartoon from every artist in this thread in front of me and ask "which one was created by a serial killer/computer algorithm?" I wouldn't even hesitate. I'd point to this guy.

70den is my go-to cartoonist for "there's no way this guy doesn't have heads in his freezer." Something thoroughly off about the way he constructs things, like a more functional, evil Benji Compson.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

T-man posted:

Does he not know what that A stands for?

A big piece of poo poo who loves to gently caress the poor.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

I don't know exactly what he's trying to say here (he can't be a huge fan of Boehner but also made the elephant look like a dumbass, unless that's a failed attempt at "hip and cool youth"), but Boehner in box form seems natural for some reason; don't ask me why.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Monkey Fracas posted:

unless that's a failed attempt at "hip and cool youth")

P sure it is, notice he's calling the Tea Party "New Wave Republicans" meaning he sees them as the future of the GOP. I hope he's right because if so they'll never win the White House again :allears:

Alternatively he could just be making a Reagan comparison by way of an '80s music reference

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Saint Sputnik posted:

A big piece of poo poo who loves to gently caress the poor.

:capitalism:

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Unless I'm completely AGC-IMF here I thought it was a clear criticism of those that got Boehner to quit. "Stupid youth destroys an expensive and important piece of equipment, doesn't appreciate how badly they just screwed up"

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
It's either "a thing happened" or critical of the tortilla coast because there is no way Glenn McCoy would put sagging pants on a character we are supposed to identify with, or that he's not exactly the sort of person who calls the cops on the neighbor's kid's band practice in the garage.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

Phuzzy posted:

IT'S MONDAY

Sorry to bring up yesterday's news (not sorry, it's Kelly) but guys in my office were literally sitting around the break room going "hell yeah, awesome that Volkswagen stuck it to the fuckin' man and cheated on those emissions tests, that's awesome" last week. God drat it.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
I'm sure Obama is devastated that the guy who filed a lawsuit against him for executive overreach is retiring.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

That's an alright Nigel Farage. Only missing a pint of lager.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

quote:

I pondered deeply, then, over the adventures of the Republicans. And after some work with colored pencils I succeeded in making my first drawing. My Drawing Number One. It looked like this:

RonJeremysBalzac
Jul 29, 2004

overdesigned posted:

Sorry to bring up yesterday's news (not sorry, it's Kelly) but guys in my office were literally sitting around the break room going "hell yeah, awesome that Volkswagen stuck it to the fuckin' man and cheated on those emissions tests, that's awesome" last week. God drat it.

I privately sold my VW Golf (one of the regular gas ones, not TDI. I wanted to get it, but it was $7000 more I decided against it) a few years back, but I kept getting buyback offers from the dealership every couple of months. I wonder if i'll still get those offers.

RonJeremysBalzac fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Sep 29, 2015

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

My new favorite contextual edit.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Oh poo poo is this seriously a "mmm...mmm...mmm" reference? He's seriously never going to drop that is he?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Gotta have the fangs, reptilian eyes, Frankenstein bolts, forked tongue, crazy eyes... Mr. Editor, I want it all!

I do love Rogers' wild-eyed weirdos.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Oh poo poo is this seriously a "mmm...mmm...mmm" reference? He's seriously never going to drop that is he?

I think he's just trailing off after the end of his Stevie Wonder parody.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

The elephant and Callista Gingrich have something in common!

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Went googling for "why the hell is that guy known for crying so much anyway" and came back with this:

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Xander77 posted:

Went googling for "why the hell is that guy known for crying so much anyway" and came back with this:

I think he like maybe cried once or twice in public and he maybe sorta has a lachrymose-looking face? Kinda boring characterization; why can't he be like a living condom or something like in UK politoon?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

No he cries all the time.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

https://screen.yahoo.com/weekend-pelosi-boehner-000000888.html

Eschers Basement
Sep 13, 2007

by exmarx

Monkey Fracas posted:

I think he like maybe cried once or twice in public and he maybe sorta has a lachrymose-looking face? Kinda boring characterization; why can't he be like a living condom or something like in UK politoon?

Yeah, dude goes into tears at the drop of a hat.

http://www.politico.com/gallery/2012/07/11-times-john-boehner-cried/000266-003390.html

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Boehner cries a lot, has some serious resting sadface, and until recently had what I wouldn't hesitate to call the worst job in government. With a combo like that it's pretty hard not to make jokes.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://media.giphy.com/media/l41lREohDQagVjXHO/giphy.gif

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
It's one of those things where it might not be fair to make fun of him for but let's be honest, it's really hard to resist.

Hammurabi
Nov 4, 2009
my boehner keeps emitting fluid (tears). should i call a doctor?

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Bushiz posted:

It's either "a thing happened" or critical of the tortilla coast because there is no way Glenn McCoy would put sagging pants on a character we are supposed to identify with, or that he's not exactly the sort of person who calls the cops on the neighbor's kid's band practice in the garage.
Alternatively, he and his brother would try to fist-fight the neighbor kid's dad.

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

Some refreshingly direct racism from Lang

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

I only wish I had the time and editing skill to take those Wise forearms and do what must be done.

A Big Bambu cartoon.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

mfw biting the cyanide tooth and it's full of lemon juice

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Riatsala posted:

I know what you mean, man. Some of these cartoons form fuzzy blank spots in my vision; I think my brain is trying to save itself by refusing to acknowledge them.

They're unsettling. The creepy art style doesn't help, either. If someone were to put one cartoon from every artist in this thread in front of me and ask "which one was created by a serial killer/computer algorithm?" I wouldn't even hesitate. I'd point to this guy.

There was one time where a reader wrote into Wise asking something about personal safety. He responded by drawing his self-insert rat raping her. Also the rat may have once been shown to have a bathtub full of body parts, but I could be remembering wrong.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Paladinus posted:

That's an alright Nigel Farage. Only missing a pint of lager.

And blood streaked across his face.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Muir changed hijab to hijrah, "migration," which actually makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

Jurgan posted:

There was one time where a reader wrote into Wise asking something about personal safety. He responded by drawing his self-insert rat raping her. Also the rat may have once been shown to have a bathtub full of body parts, but I could be remembering wrong.

Wise is a curmudgeonly paddling enthusiast but there's no way you're not describing edits, here.

• Locked thread