Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
God drat do I ever hate having to Kizuna rush Doflamingo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Failboattootoot posted:

God drat do I ever hate having to Kizuna rush Doflamingo.

I got credit for it by getting the final hit on him the first time you encounter him on the map (when he ambushes you after delivering Caesar) for some reason.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Selane posted:

Awwww yeah. Time to break out Ii Naotora and Saika Magoichi, press Triangle once, and watch everyone within 500 miles die instantly all over again!

Apparently they toned down hyper attacks in this. :(

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!
Anyone happen to know if they've announced the PSN price for Samurai Warriors 4-II on PS4? Cause it's only 50 on Amazon, but I'd rather not wait for delivery on that, but for some reason SW4 original is still 60 bucks on PSN.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Dawnfire posted:

Anyone happen to know if they've announced the PSN price for Samurai Warriors 4-II on PS4? Cause it's only 50 on Amazon, but I'd rather not wait for delivery on that, but for some reason SW4 original is still 60 bucks on PSN.

I wish there were a way to price match digital with physical media. I just picked up Samurai Warriors 4 (it's 28 bucks on Amazon) but would much rather have digital so I can use it on either of my PS4s.

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

What the best version to pick up if you have a good pc and a ps4?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

PS4 probably since PC is just going to be the PS3 version with different resolutions, plus KT's PC port history is kind of spotty.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME
Does Samurai Warriors 4-II add story modes for all characters?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Report: Dragon Quest Heroes 2 won't have the original protagonists.

It sounds like Square-Enix is going to make each DQH game its own thing, rather than build on previous entries and expand the story of those like Tecmo Koei does with many of their Warriors franchises. As mentioned back at Tokyo Game Show, DQH2 has an entirely different setting and story from the original and now apparently won't have the protagonists from it either. Something I didn't know before this article was that Maribel (DQ7) and Carver (DQ6) were confirmed for this game, so that's nice. I'd like to see Kiefer if we had to have a DQ7 rep! Anyway, if you're one of those people thinking they'll just wait for DQH2 to come out overseas, you might want to change your mind as apparently it'll be an entirely different game.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
They'll probably still keep the assets around if they wanna mash 'em together later.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Real talk, unless KT publishes it I doubt DQH2 will leave Japan.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Yeah I'm not sure how well DQH 1 is going to sell. October is a really loaded month.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Speaking of DQH1, Square-Enix just put out an "overview" trailer for the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE72o9ncWaM

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Mokinokaro posted:

Yeah I'm not sure how well DQH 1 is going to sell. October is a really loaded month.

It would have sold to me if they bothered to release the PS3 version, gently caress you Koei I guess you don't want my money :argh:

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

Mokinokaro posted:

They have to have a low target number, otherwise it just looks like they sent it out to die.

edit: If it even breaks six digits I will be shocked.

Rutibex posted:

It would have sold to me if they bothered to release the PS3 version, gently caress you Koei I guess you don't want my money :argh:

Blame Square, if it was KT publishing they probably would. But the localization would be poo poo.

The GIG fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Sep 29, 2015

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The PS3 is not anyone's target market outside of Japan, I'm sorry a company had common sense?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Rutibex posted:

PS3 is old news son, time to move on.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The PS3 is seriously not considered a viable target for most companies anymore unfortunately. While it has a large install base there has been a tremendous drop in sales of PS3 titles, especially ones that have PS4 versions.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Seriously it's been almost a decade it's time to let go.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
It is seriously confusing how we have been conditioned to replace $800 phones every single year, yet there is an incredible amount of resistance to moving on from 9 year old PS3s and 10 year old 360s.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

abagofcheetos posted:

It is seriously confusing how we have been conditioned to replace $800 phones every single year, yet there is an incredible amount of resistance to moving on from 9 year old PS3s and 10 year old 360s.

My phone is 5 years old but I have a ps3, ps4, wiiu and pstv in my entertainment center.

Priorities.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

abagofcheetos posted:

I don't play a lot of console games, I only just recently got a PS3 because it was so cheap and all the games where a bargain. I'm certainly not going to get an expensive PS4 when I still have a huge backlog of PS3 games to play.

Oh well if Koei/Square don't want my money I'll just keep playing Warriors Orochi 3: Ultimate :shrug:

Sakurazuka posted:

PS3 is old news son, time to move on.

I wouldn't complain if they didn't already have a Japanese PS3 version of the game. They could just slap the localization from the PS4 version on it and call it a day, how hard could it be to port it?

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Sep 29, 2015

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

"Why don't they want my money" in obvious financial loss situations is a thing that must die eventually, right

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Tae posted:

"Why don't they want my money" in obvious financial loss situations is a thing that must die eventually, right

How hard could it be to add in a localization of a game they already have a PS3 version of? I bet it wouldn't take more than an afternoons work, they already translated it for the PS4.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Rutibex posted:

I wouldn't complain if they didn't already have a Japanese PS3 version of the game. They could just slap the localization from the PS4 version on it and call it a day, how hard could it be to port it?

From current circumstances, it seems like it's hard enough that it is not profitable for them to release that version of the game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Rutibex posted:

The answer is that it would still cost more money that S-E/KT think is worth it. Localisations still have to be tested, because even 'just' changing the text can gently caress things up badly, something that Koei has learned to its cost already this year.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Not to mention paying for licensing to release the game on PS3. I'm assuming it's separate licensing fees in each region.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

abagofcheetos posted:

Most people don't pay $800 up front for phones

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No we pay £600 a year for two years on contract. :(

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

22 dollars for loving costumes, and only half of them.

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer
Question: As someone who enjoyed the poo poo out of SW4, is II a good purchase? I'm probably going to buy it anyway, but someone help me justify throwing away $50 for what is likely a shameless cashgrab

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I'll report back on SW420 once I get Miguel at Sony to fix my foolish error of buying it for Vita instead of PS3. :v:

e: Booo. 3-5 days for the refund. I feel pretty dumb.

Jibo fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Sep 29, 2015

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I haven't played a SW game since 3 on the Wii but...combat seems a little...janky? At least compared to One Piece Warriors.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Tae posted:

I haven't played a SW game since 3 on the Wii but...combat seems a little...janky? At least compared to One Piece Warriors.

It's a heck of a lot less janky than SW3. Just keep pressing the heavy attack button and watch as the random dudes are reduced to chaffs of wheat.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The tower/survival mode seems like it will be similar to gauntlet in wo3u, which would be great. Gauntlet mode is the best thing.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Yo that Arslan demo is out on PS3/PS4 but I have no idea what anything is about so enjoy!

I'm gonna muck around with it on Twitch for a bit. https://www.twitch.tv/sapolicenaut

edit: Yeah it's a Warriors game alright. I played through the demo twice if you wanna watch the VOD, it looks okay.

Policenaut fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Oct 1, 2015

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I kinda wish they would put out a demo for Dragon Quest, if only because I want to play it real bad and don't want to wait two weeks.

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs

mikeycp posted:

I kinda wish they would put out a demo for Dragon Quest, if only because I want to play it real bad and don't want to wait two weeks.

I want a demo so I can figure out if it's bad or not. It could be fun, but the gameplay videos so far look pretty....boring.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Vice Zoomler Aestro posted:

I want a demo so I can figure out if it's bad or not. It could be fun, but the gameplay videos so far look pretty....boring.

Well, I'll probably stream some out on release day, and record some footage the day after, if that sounds like it will help.

To me it looks almost like a musou/strikeforce hybrid, mostly. And that sounds dope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Arslan Warriors demo is on the Japanese store right? I gave up on the anime like halfway through but it would still make a good Musou game.