Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Help me decide if I should make this trade. Right now, I'm leaning towards "yes"

I trade: Lamar Miller, Amari Cooper
I get: AJ Green, and I can pick one of Rashad Jennings or Mike Wallace as the second piece. I'd probably take Jennings if I do it.

Obviously, the big piece here is AJ Green and the guy is banking on Miller picking up steam and Cooper continuing to play as well as he is.

League is half PPR. Here are our rosters, is there someone else I should be targeting on his team as a second piece? He won't give up Forte, since he's hurting at RB to begin with. I feel like I can give up Miller and Cooper and not be hurt by it. Cooper has been pretty good but I have nice depth at receiver and Miller has just been a hindrance so far this year. It's starting to look like Jones might take the starting job in Washington and I have Woodhead as well. Of course if Lynch is seriously injured I have a problem at RB.

My Team
QB: Tannehill, Winston
RB: Lynch, Miller, Woodhead, Jones, Spiller, McFadden
WR: Cobb, Cooper, Edelman, Brown, Baldwin
TE: Cameron
DST: Packers
K: Catanzaro

His Team:
QB: E. Manning, Dalton
RB: Forte, Jennings
WR: Green, Robinson, Jeffrey, D. Jackson, Wallace, Lockett
TE: Tamme, Green, Thomas
DST: Eagles
K: Walsh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
As down as I am on Miller, you don't have the depth you think you have at RB with Lynch possibly out.

I'd rather keep Amari Cooper tbh.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
That's kind of my thinking as well and the reason I haven't pulled the trigger yet. I'm really tempted though. Everything I've read about Lynch so far suggests the injury is minor, and I have a claim in on Rawls as well, but I'm not sure if AJ Green is worth, in a worst-case scenario, using two of Rawls/Jones/Woodhead/Jennings as my starting backs.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Will Rishard Matthews remain consistent? He's been putting up better than respectable points every week. .5 ppr.

obviously I expect a drop off I just don't want him to tank.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Dalton or Carr off waivers? I'm basically boned so far this year unless I can start making trades/good waiver pickups.

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre
12 team league with standard scoring.

I currently have Eifert and Witten on my squad but will likely drop (trade) one of the two to make room for bye week cover (need a kicker this week but don't really want to completely give up Gostowski).

Who is worth keeping going forward: Witten or Eifert?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

after I beat him by literally one point, a dude offered his larry fitzgerald and colin kaepernick (lol) for my julio jones. sure let me just give up the guy who gets 30+ points every week for a lesser WR plus loving kaepernick.

the best was that the rebound offer was fitzgerald and brees. I have peyton and alex smith, why would I need these qbs.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I think Dalton and Carr have both been exploiting bad opponents to some degree but Dalton less so and he has better weapons. I like Dalton a whole lot. I've never been a fantasy Dalton owner though so maybe this is normal for him? Sucking you in with a few good games and then coming back to earth?

Tree Dude fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Sep 29, 2015

punch drunk
Nov 12, 2006

My DeMarco Murray for his Larry Fitzgerald and Chris Ivory? I think Murray will bounce back but it looks like Mathews might cut in to that a bit.

RB: Lacy, D. Murray, L. Murray, Crowell, Hillman
WR: AJ Green, Cobb, Marshall, Garcon

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

punch drunk posted:

My DeMarco Murray for his Larry Fitzgerald and Chris Ivory?

Mash

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

punch drunk posted:

My DeMarco Murray for his Larry Fitzgerald and Chris Ivory?

Yes, definitely.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
I think in my heart I knew it was going to be Dalton. I think this is the third time in the 5 years that I've been in this league that I picked up Dalton after the first few weeks.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Timett posted:

I think Dalton and Carr have both been exploiting bad matchups to some degree but Dalton less so and he has better weapons. I like Dalton a whole lot. I've never been a fantasy Dalton owner though so maybe this is normal for him? Sucking you in with a few good games and then coming back to earth?

Primetime Dalton is who you want to avoid.

He was like QB #5 overall in 2013, and dropped a 30 + point game in week 16. Won a championship streaming the Red Rifle, felt pretty good.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

punch drunk posted:

My DeMarco Murray for his Larry Fitzgerald and Chris Ivory? I think Murray will bounce back but it looks like Mathews might cut in to that a bit.

loving mash accept. you're going to be overflowing with WRs and latavius/ivory/lacy is unreal

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Time to sell high on Devonta Freeman? Thinking about offering him to the Tevin Coleman owner and ask for Steve Smith Sr. in return. Should I be aiming higher? It's pretty tempting to keep Freeman after the performance he just out up, but I feel like he'll be less and less valuable a trade commodity if Coleman heals up quickly.

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

Inspector 34 posted:

Time to sell high on Devonta Freeman? Thinking about offering him to the Tevin Coleman owner and ask for Steve Smith Sr. in return. Should I be aiming higher? It's pretty tempting to keep Freeman after the performance he just out up, but I feel like he'll be less and less valuable a trade commodity if Coleman heals up quickly.

Aim higher, if Freeman keeps it up, Coleman healing won't matter. I feel like Steve Smith can be had for cheaper than you think.

Thinking of bailing on Jeremy Hill, what would a reasonable target be for him?

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

24-7 Urkel Cosplay posted:

Aim higher, if Freeman keeps it up, Coleman healing won't matter. I feel like Steve Smith can be had for cheaper than you think.

Thinking of bailing on Jeremy Hill, what would a reasonable target be for him?

This brings up a good point, with Devonta breaking out, I feel like Coleman's value has suddenly plunged. Coleman was clearly the guy in Atlanta prior to his rib injury, and with Devonta's performance I don't know how you go right back to Coleman. Yuck.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

a shameful boehner posted:

This brings up a good point, with Devonta breaking out, I feel like Coleman's value has suddenly plunged. Coleman was clearly the guy in Atlanta prior to his rib injury, and with Devonta's performance I don't know how you go right back to Coleman. Yuck.

It was one game is how. Freeman will put up another game with 2.1 ypc or so, along with a handful of nice catches, while Coleman puts up 60 yards and a touchdown on 11 carries. Now is the perfect time to sell high on Freeman IMO.

I will say, though, that I didn't actually watch Freeman last year or last game, so I don't know if he looks like a new RB or something. I suspect not given his production in the first couple weeks, but maybe someone else can say better.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
I'm a Marshawn Lynch owner, who's the guy to have going forward Rawls or Jackson? Was this week an aberration? Was it all garbage time Rawls, or is Jackson done?

Second, TJ Yeldon, is he even worth rostering? He hasn't broke 10 pts yet in my .5 ppr league. Keep him for Bye Weeks or try to pick up a lottery ticket? My other RBs are Foster, Gore and Matt Jones.

a shameful boehner posted:

This poo poo kills me because I drafted Freeman but dropped him when it looked like Coleman had won the job. Someone else snagged him at the last minute last week too.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Considering offering Peyton/Hyde for Roethlisberger/Lynch and then grabbing Tyrod Taylor off of waivers since Peyton is my only QB. Ben/Lynch owner is in some injury trouble and panicking a bit, and I've got higher waiver priority than him.

This is the 14 team league with overpowered running backs (0.125 points per yard, 1 bonus point for first down rushes), so Hyde getting gameflowed out of carries really hurts me. Thoughts?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Timett posted:

I think Dalton and Carr have both been exploiting bad opponents to some degree but Dalton less so and he has better weapons. I like Dalton a whole lot. I've never been a fantasy Dalton owner though so maybe this is normal for him? Sucking you in with a few good games and then coming back to earth?

He feels more higher-octane this year than in the past, but i always rostered him on the expectation that he would adequately backfill for my QB1. The years I depended on him as my QB1 were dark times that I speak not of.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Epi Lepi posted:

I'm a Marshawn Lynch owner, who's the guy to have going forward Rawls or Jackson? Was this week an aberration? Was it all garbage time Rawls, or is Jackson done?

Second, TJ Yeldon, is he even worth rostering? He hasn't broke 10 pts yet in my .5 ppr league. Keep him for Bye Weeks or try to pick up a lottery ticket? My other RBs are Foster, Gore and Matt Jones.

This poo poo kills me because I drafted Freeman but dropped him when it looked like Coleman had won the job. Someone else snagged him at the last minute last week too.

Jackson is never going to be a feature back at his age, even with Lynch out. Rawls is the guy you want if Lynch goes down because he will get the majority of carries, even though he would split some with Jackson.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Peyton has a very nice set of games coming up, the time to sell may not be right now.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Gobias Ind. posted:

Considering offering Peyton/Hyde for Roethlisberger/Lynch and then grabbing Tyrod Taylor off of waivers since Peyton is my only QB. Ben/Lynch owner is in some injury trouble and panicking a bit, and I've got higher waiver priority than him.

This is the 14 team league with overpowered running backs (0.125 points per yard, 1 bonus point for first down rushes), so Hyde getting gameflowed out of carries really hurts me. Thoughts?

Are you confident you will get Tyrod? His ranking is going to make him very attractive to the Romo, Tannieyill, and Rivers owners.

The offer is pretty even. I can't really say no to it but I want to believe Hyde not going to sit at single-digit production very long.

Who would you rather ride with ROS in 1ppr: Fitzgerald or Jordan Matthews?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Suave Fedora posted:

Are you confident you will get Tyrod? His ranking is going to make him very attractive to the Romo, Tannieyill, and Rivers owners.

The offer is pretty even. I can't really say no to it but I want to believe Hyde not going to sit at single-digit production very long.

Who would you rather ride with ROS in 1ppr: Fitzgerald or Jordan Matthews?

I've got 3rd waiver priority. #1 has Wilson and Mariota and won't grab Tyrod, but #2 has Palmer/Romo, so I suppose that's a possibility.

It definitely feels like the wrong time to be selling Hyde and I agree with Lmao that Peyton has a great schedule coming up. I felt a little rushed to do it because I wasn't planning on grabbing Tyrod unless I moved Peyton, but maybe I should grab him anyways? We've only got 4 bench slots, in which I'm currently carrying Sankey/David Johnson/Crabtree/Garcon. I guess I could grab him now and try to make a deal in a week or two. Lynch's value will probably never be lower though.

I think I'd prefer Fitz - he looks great. I guess the only concern there is that he's got more injury risk because his value plummets if Palmer gets hurt.

e: It's a 0.5 PPR, weird RB scoring, 14 teams, and I'm 1-2 with the most points against in the league. My current roster:

QB: Peyton
RB: CJA, Ingram, Hyde, Sankey, David Johnson
WR: Cobb, ARob, Garcon, Crabtree
TE: Eifert

Gobias Ind. fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Sep 29, 2015

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

GIVE: CJ Spiller
GET: Gio Bernard
Non-ppr, standard scoring
(I also have Ingram if that matters)

Thoughts?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

RCarr posted:

GIVE: CJ Spiller
GET: Gio Bernard
Non-ppr, standard scoring
(I also have Ingram if that matters)

Thoughts?

I like it. I'm trying to divest myself of Saints players where I can and Gio's role has definitely increased.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Any decent receivers worth looking for on the wire? No one in my league pays attention to trade alerts so I'm sort of SOL.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Kingtheninja posted:

Any decent receivers worth looking for on the wire? No one in my league pays attention to trade alerts so I'm sort of SOL.

Marvin Jones? Ty Montgomery? Brandon Lafell possibly but probably taken.

edit: Hankerson seems to have taken hold of WR2 in Atlanta and White is looking like he's getting phased out, so that's an option too when Julio isn't soaking targets. Rishard Matthews is a decent pickup too.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Sep 29, 2015

Yakadan
Aug 1, 2008
I'm in a 12 team 0.5 PPR league where I have 11th waiver priority but it's auction style with $100 FAB so priority only comes into play as a dollar value tiebreaker.

2RB, 2WR, 1 RB/WR/TE Flex

I'm dropping Helu for Dunbar and Roddy White for Hankerson right now and am looking at picking up K. Williams too. Is it worth dropping Terrence Williams after last week and with Romo's injury? Should I make a different move entirely?

Current RB: DeMarco Murray, Latavius Murray, Blount, Sproles

Current WR: Edelman, Keenan Allen, Terrence Williams, Branden LaFell (out), Roddy White

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Any news on Lafell?

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Assuming McCoy doesn't play I'm going to stick with Jones for another week. I got waivers in for Matthews and Williams but not banking on getting them.

Was going to put Wright in for Matthews but he has a bye. Got a waiver in for Jones.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

This is the worst 3-0 team I've ever had

There's absolutely nothing on the waiver wire in a 12 man league of people who care more than I do.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Harlock posted:

This is the worst 3-0 team I've ever had

There's absolutely nothing on the waiver wire in a 12 man league of people who care more than I do.

try to trade Dalton for an upgrade elsewhere

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
Yeah, you've probably got some big ben/tanny/romo owner in trouble if the QB wire is picked clean

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I'm holding B. Lafell but I was gonna drop him this week, he's doing me no good sitting on my bench. Is that a bad move?

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!
Who do you guys like more rest of season:

Karlos Williams vs Devonta Freeman

Marvin Jones vs Rishard Matthews

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
I figured I would take up the mantle of the posters trying to predict Dion Lewis's usage each week and give a crack at it for next week.

I don't think he sees any playtime. This has been an investigative report by MrSargent, you're welcome.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

MrSargent posted:

I figured I would take up the mantle of the posters trying to predict Dion Lewis's usage each week and give a crack at it for next week.

I don't think he sees any playtime. This has been an investigative report by MrSargent, you're welcome.

I'm playing him then. Belichick decides to let him play for another team on his BYE in order to get him up for game shape in NE's next game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

There's no more argument, Lewis is for real and a startable back, especially in PPR. Never been happier to eat crow in my entire life.

E: :lol: not this week though XD

• Locked thread