Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I pity the dev team that has to work around Arkham's continuity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
I bet the next game stars the Joker.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I pity the dev team that has to work around Arkham's continuity

ehh. its 10 years. just have a bunch of vilians+batman+threat to city+joker=arkham

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Arkham Knight was about on par with Origins for me so at this point I don't care who makes the next Arkham game as long as Joker isn't in it (he will be).

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Joker: Arkham Joker.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Joker: Arkham Joker.

CuwiKhons posted:

Arkham Knight was about on par with Origins for me so at this point I don't care who makes the next Arkham game as long as Joker isn't in it (he will be).

I'd play another Arkham game with Hallucination Joker in an instant.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
For all its faults, Origins had the best story, plot and character development of all the Arkham games. Which, I realize, isn't saying much.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Origins has flaws but I think the biggest one was a poor PC release which AK sort of blew out of the water nine miles to Sunday so it probably looks better in comparison now.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The next game is just a whole game of Joker's musical number.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

So apperently WB publishing is going to continue making arkham games. before knight i would have been mad with not-rocksteady batman, post knight, i dont mind so much.

The tech problems with the launch of AK have explicitly been because not-rocksteady handled the port.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Whatever. I like the joker as much as I like batman. I thought the joker stuff in this was well done. And I hope they make like 5 more games with the joker in them.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Discendo Vox posted:

The tech problems with the launch of AK have explicitly been because not-rocksteady handled the port.

i dont even mean the tech problems.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
The new DLC pack was eh. Robin's predator map made me wanna pull my hair out. However, it came with a Dual Predator pack, so I was happy as hell. And it's got plenty of enemies in it too. Tons of fun. It's one of the maps where I do it first to get the medals and then play it again just to have some fun. Starting the Nightwing story now. Hopefully it's....well, hopefully it's something. Cause Harley sucked and Red Hood was only marginally better.

Edit: Holy poo poo, it's 2 minutes long. Well that fuckin sucks then. We didn't even get any good story out of it. No allusions to Dick taking up the mantle. No knowledge of who the Fear Batman thing is. Dick didn't even sell Bruce's death. Like at all. So do we assume he's in on Bruce surviving? Then why was he talking about him in the past tense? All we learned is that Barbara went with a hyphen! I'm disappointed. Again. In retrospect, I now give more credit to the challenge pack. At least that was an hour or 2 of fun. I see that October is coming with another pack (cool), Catwoman DLC (lol), and apparently another Nightwing/Batman team up. If it's another combat, whatever. If it's Dual Predator, 10/10 would buy twice. When the hell do we get the update that lets you play as everyone in every map?

SonicRulez fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Sep 30, 2015

spiff_dedalus
Jul 15, 2004
The best-laid plans of mice and men go oft awry.
The 2008 Tumbler actually makes me appreciate going back to the Arkham Batmobile's handling. That thing doesn't maneuver for poo poo.

The Nightwing DLC was depressingly short, and for some reason the game has decided it only wants to save my progress on the challenge maps occasionally. Which is frustrating as gently caress to see that the leaderboard has my score, while my game claims I never played it.

J2DK
Oct 6, 2004

Playtime has ended.
I was excited to see a bunch of DLC came out, and then was disappointed to see that it still isn't like City. I'd rather have the ridiculously similar 100+ challenges available to each character. This game was my big 2015 disappointment. I really wish it were better. The mechanics are all there, but there's too much emphasis on the car and challenges seem like an afterthought.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer

J2DK posted:

I was excited to see a bunch of DLC came out, and then was disappointed to see that it still isn't like City. I'd rather have the ridiculously similar 100+ challenges available to each character. This game was my big 2015 disappointment. I really wish it were better. The mechanics are all there, but there's too much emphasis on the car and challenges seem like an afterthought.

They are patching in support for playing challenges with all of the characters in October supposedly.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Discendo Vox posted:

From what I understand they barely got it running on the PS4 so I'm not sure they would have been much help on the PC side of things either.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Levantine posted:

From what I understand they barely got it running on the PS4 so I'm not sure they would have been much help on the PC side of things either.

Wasn't it handed off to another company to get the PC port of the game fixed?

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

LCL-Dead posted:

Wasn't it handed off to another company to get the PC port of the game fixed?

Iron Galaxy handled the initial port and last I heard Rocksteady had taken over the "fixing" duties. That may have changed in the last month or so since I stopped paying attention around August.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I didn't follow all of the wailing on initial release because I'd gotten the game with a new GPU.

When I did, however, find the guide on how to disable the 30 fps lock and boosted it to 60, bringing about all of the stuttering, hang ups and freezes associated with the game I started digging a bit. I've since uninstalled and am waiting for the "fix-it" patch to drop before I reinstall, which is a shame. It was shaping up to be a pretty decent game and I was enjoying the hell out of the story, which is more than I could have ever said about Asylum or City.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
You may want to try again. It was stuttery as hell for me but the last patch made it play smoothly (at 30FPS and low settings that is because of my "only 2GB" graphics card) but it was good enough for me to play though it.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Hopper posted:

You may want to try again. It was stuttery as hell for me but the last patch made it play smoothly (at 30FPS and low settings that is because of my "only 2GB" graphics card) but it was good enough for me to play though it.

Once I finish up MGSV (or buy a new SSD to reinstall Batman on to) I'll give it a shot. It played fine for me at 30fps too, max settings (Gotta love the 4gb of VRAM on the 980's) but when I bumped it to 60 in the config even the cut scenes were taking a hit. It felt like I was playing a scratched CD, just stutter and randomly hang up at the most inopportune moments.

The scene on the blimp with scarecrow, where he hits you with the gas and joker comes out to surprise him took a huge hit in performance and even froze up while the audio continued to play for about 30 seconds. I was disappointed then and decided to stop before any of the other story elements took a hit due to lovely implementation.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Steam finally removed batmans from my library after I requested a GMG refund a day after realese.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Levantine posted:

That was the case with the original release date in 2014, but it's not like they didn't optimize it since then. Digital Foundry called the console versions "a technical tour de force."

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Pirate Jet posted:

That was the case with the original release date in 2014, but it's not like they didn't optimize it since then. Digital Foundry called the console versions "a technical tour de force."
Yeah, anyone who says AK runs poorly on the PS4 has never seen it on the PS4.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

LCL-Dead posted:

I didn't follow all of the wailing on initial release because I'd gotten the game with a new GPU.

When I did, however, find the guide on how to disable the 30 fps lock and boosted it to 60, bringing about all of the stuttering, hang ups and freezes associated with the game I started digging a bit. I've since uninstalled and am waiting for the "fix-it" patch to drop before I reinstall, which is a shame. It was shaping up to be a pretty decent game and I was enjoying the hell out of the story, which is more than I could have ever said about Asylum or City.

The fix-it patch is out, and works pretty well (aside from some issues for some configurations).

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
PC patch/redistribution update here.
- end of October shoot date (literally releasing the game on Halloween LIKE IN THE GAME) (THE GAME IS SCARECROW'S FEAR TOXIN IN THIS METAPHOR)
- not really clear if any already-released dlc will be made freely available for pc users, but it all will be ready by then.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Oct 2, 2015

l33t b4c0n
Aug 19, 2000

King of E/N
So end of October means mid November at this point right?

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Crows Turn Off posted:

Yeah, anyone who says AK runs poorly on the PS4 has never seen it on the PS4.

Arkham Knight on consoles is seriously the only game I've played so far that feels like an 8th-gen game, though admittedly I haven't played Witcher 3.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Rumours about upcoming DLC

quote:

Dlc Name : Batman Classic TV series Batmoblie Pack
Cost (uk price) : 1.69 (TBA)
Cost (us price) : 1.99 (TBA)
Release Date : October 18-22 (TBA)
Description : Inspired by the 1960's Adam West Batman tv Series. Race through the city of Gotham in two new Batmobile Race tracks. Also comes with 1960's Robin and Catwoman skins.

Dlc Name : Crime Fighter Challenge Pack 3
Cost (uk price) : 1.69 (TBA)
Release Date : October 18-29 (TBA)
Description : Grab this Crime Fighter Challenge Pack and receive 6 AR challenges for Batman, Nightwing, Robin, Azreal and the Batmobile. This expansive challenge pack allows focused training in Freeflow Combat, Batmobile Race tracks and Invisible Predator stealth incursion.

Dlc Name : Catwoman's Revenge
Cost (uk price) : 2.49 (TBA)
Release Date : October 18-29 (TBA)
Description : Set after the events of Arkham Knight, destroy the robotic guardians and take revenge on the Riddler as Catwoman.

Month : November (speculation)

Dlc Name : Batman Animated Series Batmoblie Pack
Cost (uk price) : 1.69
Cost (us price) : 1.99
Release Date : November 18-22 (TBA)
Description : Inspired by the 1992 Batman: The Animated Series, journey through the streets of Gotham City in two new Batmobile Race tracks. Also comes with a new Batman skin from The Animated Series.

Dlc Name : Classic TV Series and New 52 Batgirl
Cost (uk price) : Free
Cost (us price) : Free
Description : DLC REQUIRES 'Batgirl: A Matter of Family' TO USE. Continue the war against crime in the Classic TV series and New 52 Batgirl skin.

Dlc Name : Revenge of The Red Hood skin
Cost (uk price) : Free
Cost (us price) : Free
Description : DLC REQUIRES 'Red Hood Story Pack' TO USE. Take on Crime in brutal ways with the 'Revenge of The Red Hood' skin.

Dlc Name : Crime Fighter Challenge Pack 4
Release Date : November 18-29 (TBA)
Description : Grab this Crime Fighter Challenge Pack and receive 6 AR challenges for Batman, Nightwing, Robin, Catwoman, Azreal and the Batmobile. This expansive challenge pack allows focused training in Freeflow Combat, Batmobile Race tracks and Invisible Predator stealth incursion.

Dlc Name : Robin Dlc
Cost (uk price) : 2.49
Release Date : November 18-29 (TBA)
Description : Harley Quinn has returned to Gotham to and is causing chaos. Robin and Nightwing must team up to stop her.

Month : December (speculation)

Dlc Name : Batman Arkham Asylum Batmobile Pack
Release Date : December 18-22 (TBA)
Description : Inspired by the original Arkham Batmobile from Batman: Arkham Asylum, return to Arkham Asylum and Arkham City in two new race tracks dedicated to the first two Arkham games.

Dlc Name : The Dark Knight Batman Skin
Cost (uk price) : 0.79
Cost (us price) : 0.99
Description : Inspired by the 2008 movie 'The Dark Knight', intimidate your foes with the heavily armoured 'Dark Night' skin designed by Lucius fox.

Dlc Name : Crime Fighter Challenge Pack 5
Description : Grab this Crime Fighter Challenge Pack and receive 6 AR challenges for Batman, Robin, Nightwing, Azreal and the Batmobile. This expansive challenge pack allows focused training in Freeflow Combat, Batmobile Race tracks and Invisible Predator stealth incursion.

Dlc Name : Million Dollar Mayhem
Release Date : December 18-29 (TBA)
Description : Play as the Joker, cause as much mayhem as possible within 5 minutes and send the bill to Wayne Enterprises.

Dlc Name : Return to Gotham Skin Pack
Description : Get the Return to Gotham Skin Pack and receive 6 brand new skins of your favourite characters. This pack includes Jim Lee Batman, Classic Tim Drake, Damian Wayne Robin, Alex Ross Batman, Blackest Night Batman and Earth 2 Batman skin.

Dlc Name : Season Of Infamy
Cost (uk price) : 3.69
Cost (us price) : 6.99
Description : Six of Batman's greatest villains have returned to Gotham and are causing havoc. Take down Killer Croc, Mad Hatter, Black Mask, Mister Freeze, Ra's Al Ghul and Prometheus

Dlc Name : Azreal's Redemption Dlc
Cost (uk price) : 2.49
Description : Take revenge on the order of st Dumas, defeat your old masters as Azreal in new combat and predator encounters

Honestly, the only pack I'd find interesting is the Seasons of Infamy one and that is assuming is a full DLC like Batgirl's and not glorified AR maps like Nightwing, Red Hood and Harley's

Also if the list is true gently caress Rocksteady, they only give an alternate skin to Jason and is the lovely Condonman from Morrison's run. :argh:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I knew Robin would have a Harley DLC.

I'd be excited if history hadn't taught me that she'll be taken out with one punch or tackle.

Also, I'd rather have had Clayface instead of Freeze. He should've reformed after City. :(

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

quote:

Dlc Name : Season Of Infamy
Cost (uk price) : 3.69
Cost (us price) : 6.99
Description : Six of Batman's greatest villains have returned to Gotham and are causing havoc. Take down the tanks of Killer Croc, Mad Hatter, Black Mask, Mister Freeze, Ra's Al Ghul and Prometheus

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

The loving Riddler? Fantastic. Honestaly surprised they didn't rehash anything for Two-Face

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Season of Infamy is the only one that sounds worth a poo poo.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Sinners Sandwich posted:

The loving Riddler? Fantastic. Honestaly surprised they didn't rehash anything for Two-Face

Why would they? Nightwing goes after Penguin in the main game, Catwoman was grabbed by Riddler, and Robin helped with Harley. They're just going after their adversaries in the main story. Though, Nightwing is helping against Harley, so I guess they're trying to make up for him getting chumped in her DLC.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I had a thought. What if Seasons of Infamy was required to be completed to get a bonus ending that explains everything?

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

There is no way they are going to put 6 villains in one DLC and still give them substance. Season of Infamy is going to be a predator room where you take out Black Mask while the other villains talk over the intercom.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

The Human Crouton posted:

There is no way they are going to put 6 villains in one DLC and still give them substance. Season of Infamy is going to be a predator room where you take out Black Mask while the other villains talk over the intercom.

Nah.

It says they're in tanks.

Which means it's going to be nothing but Batmobile battles.

gently caress off Rocksteady.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

ayn rand hand job posted:

Nah.

It says they're in tanks.

Which means it's going to be nothing but Batmobile battles.

gently caress off Rocksteady.

I added the tanks part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

All the race maps were actually prepping players for Batman Arkham Kart: Season of Infamy

• Locked thread