Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
There's literally an EA NBA game coming out today, it's just garbage so no one ever talks about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Blast Fantasto posted:

There's literally an EA NBA game coming out today, it's just garbage so no one ever talks about it.

I don't know what you mean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMQZrKOrdNQ

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

http://whatculture.com/gaming/wwe-2k16-full-list-of-matches-in-stone-cold-steve-austin-mode.php

quote:

The matches for WWE 2K16’s Showcase Mode are now confirmed. The list was published on the 2K forums, and it reveals that Stone Cold Steve Austin mode is going to be a comprehensive story of his entire career. The matches you’ll be playing are as follows-
vs. Pillman – Clash Of The Champions XXV
vs. Steamboat – Bash At The Beach ’94
vs. Whipwreck – November To Remember ’95
vs. Vega – WrestleMania XII or In Your House: Beware Of Dog
vs. Roberts – King Of The Ring ’96
vs. Hart – Survivor Series ’96 (Bret’s attire)
vs. Vader vs. Hart vs. Undertaker – In Your House: Final Four
vs. Hart – WrestleMania 13
vs. Rock – D-Generation X: In Your House
vs. Michaels – WrestleMania XIV
vs. Undertaker – Rock Bottom ’98
vs. McMahon – St. Valentine’s Day Massacre ’99
vs. Rock – Backlash ’99
vs. Undertaker – Fully Loaded ’99
Royal Rumble 2001
vs. Triple H – No Way Out 2001
vs. Rock – WrestleMania 17

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Well the first few matches are something different at least

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
I can't imagine Yukes adding the strap match.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
Im pretty sure that was peoples guesses from what attires had been shown in screenshots

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I'm surprised they aren't including his match against the Rock at Wrestlemania XIX. Wasn't that supposed to be the end of the whole Rock/Austin feud that had been going on since 1997?

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
Awwwww can't wait for the Limp Bizkit promo package

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit
Got to be bonus matches surely? Like in WWE '13 had bonus matches from events and off script matches.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I'm surprised they aren't including his match against the Rock at Wrestlemania XIX. Wasn't that supposed to be the end of the whole Rock/Austin feud that had been going on since 1997?
Maybe they decided three matches against the Rock was enough. Or they didn't want to end Austin mode in a loss.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
"comprehensive story of his entire career"

starts well into it, ends well before it

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
That's just from some dude posting stuff guessing off of roster reveal and trailers. Wrestlemania 19 match is in.

A guy just asks what someone on the IGN board said the showcase was.
http://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?3325961-Is-this-the-Austin-showcase
http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/list-of-stone-cold-showcase-matches.454596185/

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Lacey is really good actually
I Know the 2001 rumble will be in the game because of some of the wrestlers in the game I am just not sure HOW its going to work, the wrestlers confirmed say that the final 7 from the 2001 rumble will be in but there is no way to do that match legitimately if the screen limit is still 6 superstars

the final 7 that year were
Kane (#6)
Rock (#13)
Taker (#25)
Austin (#27)
Billy Gunn(#28)
Haku(#29)
Rikishi (#30)

Since Haku Gunn Rikishi and ABA Taker are all in you have to assume they will all be in the match in game

Austin Entered the ring at the exact same time as Rikishi because he suffered a beat down by HHH when he entered and at the time they both entered all 7 of those men were in the ring

Haku was eliminated shortly after Austin and Rikishi got in the ring

Then Taker got tossed followed by Rikishi Gunn Rock and Kane

I honestly dont see any legitimate way this match can be in with only 6 men on screen but I know it has to be in because of the superstars in game

But honestly if I wanted to guess what the matches in Austin's 2k showcase are i would go with this

-Austin vs Steamboat Saturday nights main event september 92
-Pillman vs Austin Clash of the champions 25
-Steamboat vs Austin Bash at the beach 1994
-Austin vs Whipwreck November to remember 95
-Austin Vs Vega KOTR 96 (put this one over the WM 12 or IYH Beware of dog because Austin had dibiase managing him for both those matches and IYH was a strap match)
-Austin vs Roberts KOTR 96
-Rumble 97
-Austin vs Hart WM13 (shamrock ref)
-Austin vs Hart In Your House 14 (bulldog interference)
-Austin vs Taker WWE TITLE IYH 15 (pillman interference)
-Austin vs Rock IC title IN YOUR HOUSE DX December 97
-Austin vs Rock IC TITLE Raw December 97
-Rumble 98
-Austin vs HBK WWE Title WM 14
-Austin vs Dude love Unforgiven 98
-Austin vs Kane WWE TITLE First Blood KOTR 98 (match type might vary based on blood settings)
-Austin vs Taker WWE TITLE Summerslam 98
-Austin vs Mankind Survivor Series 98
-Rumble 99 (big maybe on this one)
-Austin vs McMahon Steel Cage SVD Massacre 99
-Austin vs Rock WM 15
-Vince and Shane vs Austin Ladder Match KOTR 99
-Austin vs Taker First blood Fully Loaded 99 (Xpac and Mcmahon interefere
Austin vs Mankind vs HHH Summerslam 99
-Austin vs Rikishi No mercy 2000 No Holds Barred
-HHH vs Austin Survivor Series 2000
-Rumble 2001
-HHH vs Austin 3 stages of hell No way out 2001
-Austin vs Rock WWE TITLE WMX-Seven
-Austin and HHH vs Taker and Kane WWE Tag Titles Backlash 2001
-Austin vs Rock Wrestlemania 19

This would get a very large part of his career in and accounts for alot of the new characters this year such as Shane Rikishi Vader Vega Bulldog Pillman and Shamrock as well and it's 31 matches which is just 3 less than the combined number of matches last year's 2 showcase modes.

Brokenogre fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Sep 30, 2015

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Haku probably gets eliminated via cut-scene before they hand over control to the player.

VVV It's just a guess honestly, but If they were increasing the amount of wrestlers that could be used in a match, I doubt they would have kept that quiet all this time. VVVV

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Sep 30, 2015

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

remusclaw posted:

Haku probably gets eliminated via cut-scene before they hand over control to the player.

Ok that could be possible and then they made him playable because people would have complained otherwize I honestly hadn't thought of that being a possibility thanks for that insite

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
2K are also really bad at advertising or actually promoting their game. Create a Belt and Create an Arena are back.

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

KungFu Grip posted:

2K are also really bad at advertising or actually promoting their game. Create a Belt and Create an Arena are back.

Yeah although you wouldn't know it if you haven't been following the game like a hawk i

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

You know, considering last years game having a casket match during a showcase, but not making it available elsewhere, maybe they did manage to get 7 people into the ring at once for game-play, and only allow it during that one match. Would fit their M.O.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I mean, they're only using the PS4. There's no way to put in more than six controllable characters

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

The first Smackdown on the PS2 allowed 8 at a time, but that game looked pretty bad. Was the PS2 capable of handling more than 6 controllers via mutitap? Could it even handle 6?

Edit: Apparently only four controllers can attach to a ps4, down from 7 on the ps3. The multitap allowed up to 8 on the ps2, though who knows if any games supported it. Anyway, I suppose the extra characters can be used in online play.

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Sep 30, 2015

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

remusclaw posted:

You know, considering last years game having a casket match during a showcase, but not making it available elsewhere, maybe they did manage to get 7 people into the ring at once for game-play, and only allow it during that one match. Would fit their M.O.

People were pissed last year at the casket match thing, and would likely be even more pissed knowing that in that one match you can go above the 6 man limit. Hell even watching the 2k forums right now im watching people bitch because if you take out multiples that arent faces of foley there are only 118 unique characters instead of 120+ a number that was likely true when they released it but legal troubles with guys like Hogan and snuka and possibly even the Viscera lawsuit or the fact that martha hart wasnt open to the Owen DVD lowered that number. I don't want to think that 2k would be stupid enough to do that but they are still working with Yuke's so who knows Yuke's has made plenty of mistakes while building the WWE games and THQ and now 2k didn't help much in that regard

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Buried Alive Match will probably be in 2K16 but showcase mode only

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Sep 30, 2015

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I'm pretty sure the Buried Alive match will be handled like the Casket match from last year's HHH/HBK Showcase where you just wrestle a regular extreme rules match and all the gimmick stuff is QTEs.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Brokenogre posted:

People were pissed last year at the casket match thing, and would likely be even more pissed knowing that in that one match you can go above the 6 man limit. Hell even watching the 2k forums right now im watching people bitch because if you take out multiples that arent faces of foley there are only 118 unique characters instead of 120+ a number that was likely true when they released it but legal troubles with guys like Hogan and snuka and possibly even the Viscera lawsuit or the fact that martha hart wasnt open to the Owen DVD lowered that number. I don't want to think that 2k would be stupid enough to do that but they are still working with Yuke's so who knows Yuke's has made plenty of mistakes while building the WWE games and THQ and now 2k didn't help much in that regard

Maybe they should have given themselves a buffer and advertised it as 100+ to begin with, and them bump it up to whatever the final number is during the last preorder stretch. 100+ characters still sounds impressive.

Edit: I really thought they would have done a Monday Night Wars game by now. They did a lot of WCW stuff in WWE 12, 13 was WWF Attitude with most the WCW stuff taken out. I thought doing one big game with all the 90-2000 WWF/WCW stuff would have been a slam dunk.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Cena wins LOL? :psyduck:

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Cena even gave it a shout out on Twitter!

John Cena posted:

Would've liked to see a "5 moves of doom attack" in there, but this made me laugh. @crazy_boris #LeagueOfLegends http://youtu.be/ui9egS_0PQ8

Panama Red
Jul 30, 2003

Only in America could you find a way to earn a healthy buck and still keep your attitude on self destruct
Downloaded EWR recently and wanted to take a stab at making my own promotion using the file editor. I don't want to do anything ambitious like go from a backyard fed to a global one; I actually want to have a small promotion (like city-based) to do like an American Osaka Pro. How small should my roster be? How much money should I give myself to start? Again, expansion is not my goal, I just want to break even.

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Well 2k released a video yesterday of them quickly scrolling through every new finisher (newly animated and new to the game) the video is at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVW51hfY95M

LIST:

12 Step
3:16 Thesz Press
Ab Stretch 2
Air Raid Siren
Arm Trap STO
Arm Wrench DDT
Attitude adjustment 1
avalanche victory roll
back/neckbreaker combo
back neckbreaker
backbreaker leg sweep
basement dropkick 3
beauty shot
belly to back mat slam 2
bow and arrow
bowing leg drop
brain chop 1
brainbuster 2
bridging butterfly suplex
canadian backbreaker 3
capture suplex
caribbean kick
chicken wing gutbuster 2
chokeslam 3
clothesline 20
cloverleaf 2
codebreaker 1
corkscrew senton 2
corner european uppercut
corner facebuster
corner stomps 2
corner trapped clotheslines 2
coup de grace
cravate neckbreaker
curb stomp 1
curb stomp 2
dark mattter
ddt 7
deadlift gutwrench suplex 2
diamond dust
director's cut
diving clothesline 5
dominator
double leg drop to groin
east river crossing
electric chair & roaring elbow
empire elbow
enzuigiri 5
european uppercut 3
face stretch 2
face-plant
falcon arrow 3
fallaway package powerbomb
famouser 1
famouser 2
figure four sharpshooter
final cut 1
fisherman driver 2
fisherman neckbreaker 2
fist drop 1
flapjack 4
flatliner 1
float-over ddt 1
float-over neckbreaker 2
float-over snap suplex
foot press 1
forearm smash
frankensteiner 2
full nelson slam 3
gts 3
gentleman's clutch
german suplex 5
go home driver
gut kick & forearm smash
half & half suplex 1
half half suplex 2
half nelson bulldog
handstand headscissor takedown
headbutting ram-paige
headscissor ddt
helluva kick 2
hesitation dropkick
hip press
hollywood & vine 1
hollywood & vine 2
impaler ddt 3
inverted powerslam
itami strike combination
jumping clothesline 1
jumping corner clothesline
jumping knee strike 4
kneeling facebuster
kneeling jawbreaker
ko cannonball
lariat
lawn dart
leg drop ddt
leg trap ddt
lift 7 cutter
lift inverted ddt 1
lift inverted ddt 2
lift single underhook ddt 2
listo kick
lo down leg drog
lost in the woods
love tap head strike
low down
lunatic fringe elbow drop
mandible claw 3 Breaking point Lower body
meat hook clothesline
middle rope corkscrew elbow
middle rope crossbody 1
middle rope crossbody 2
middle rope ddt
middle rope front dropkick 1
middle rope front dropkick 2
middle rope missle dropkick
middle rope senton 1
middle rope senton 2
middle rope shoulder block
mr mcmahon stunner
mudhole stomps 2
neutralizer 2
oklahoma stampede
Olympic slam 3
package piledriver
pedigree 3
pele kick 1
pele kick 2
pendulum backbreaker stretch
phoenix splash
pop-up powerbomb 1
pop-up powerbomb 2
powerbomb 1
powerslam 5
pumphandle backbreaker
pumphandle drop 3
pumphandle drop 4
pumphandle neckbreaker 2
pumphandle suplex 1
pumphandle suplex 2
rebound elbow strike 2
release tiger bomb
rib buster
ricola bomb
roaring swiss uppercut
rock bottom 3
rocker dropper
rolling neckbreaker
rolling savate 3
romero dragon sleeper
rope hung knee strikes 2
rude awakening 2
running bella buster
running bionic elbow
running chop
running corner knee strike
running crossbody stikes
running euro uppercut
running hip attack 1
running senton 3
russian leg sweep 2
salida del sol
sambo suplex
samoan driver 2
samoan drop 3
school boy powerbomb
school boy superkick
sharpshooter 1
sharpshooter 2
sharpshooter 4
shotgun dropkick
shoulder tackle 1
shoulder tackle 2
shoulder tackle 3
shoulder tackle 4
sidewalk slam 3
single leg dropkick 2
single underhook facebuster
sitout tombstone piledriver
sitout jawbreaker 1
skull crushing finale
sky high
sling blade
slingshot falcon arrow
slingshot guillotine leg drop
snap swing neckbreaker 2
snapmare driver
snapmare knee smash 1
snapmare knee smash 2
sole kick & uppercut 1
summersault leg drop
spin headlock elbow drop
spinebuster 2
spinebuster 3
spinebuster 15
spinebuster 16
spinning hammerlock takedown
spinning heel kick 4
springboard headscissor takedown
springboard stunner 1
squatting indian deathlock
step-over heel kick
stinkface
stone cold stunner 3
straight jacket ddt
stump puller
stun gun 2
superkick 8
superkick 9
superkick 10
superman punch 2
suplex city 1
suplex city 2
suplex release slam
surfboard facecrusher 1
swanton bomb 2
sweet shin music
swinging rope guillotine
t-bone suplex 3
teardrop suplex combo
texas piledriver
that's a wrap!
the accolade
the ddt
tilt-a-whirl backbreaker 2
tongan death grip
triple back elbows
triple clotheslines
triple headbutts
very european uppercut 2
wheelbarrow flapjack
wheelbarrow split-leg armdrag
wheelbarrow suplex 2
whippersnapper
wristlock arm drag 4
zig zag 2

couple little things ive noticed, it seems like there are alot of moves there to make a solid Owen hart (new enziguri, new sharpshooters, and sitout tombstone specifically. Also it seems like the wrestling hero slam is back to being called the olympic slam

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Angle and Owen are probably featured in the game in cutscene footage so if they are referencing the wrestlers they might as well have their moves in. It also seems like a lot of these moves have always been in the game, they just have a new feature to them.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Wait there's no match in Austin Mode where you actually team with Pillman? That's unfortunate.

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit

flashy_mcflash posted:

Wait there's no match in Austin Mode where you actually team with Pillman? That's unfortunate.

The list of matches thats been posted isnt legit. Still some chance.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

So in this huge 2K16 roster I can't find a full list of, is Rey Mysterio MIA? Like I know he's in AAA and everything, but I just wanna hold onto the slightest hope of 619'ing dudes all day.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

wwe.2k.com

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

KungFu Grip posted:

Angle and Owen are probably featured in the game in cutscene footage so if they are referencing the wrestlers they might as well have their moves in. It also seems like a lot of these moves have always been in the game, they just have a new feature to them.

Most of the move on that "new finisher move list" are reanimations, or re mocapped, the changing of the Wrestling hero slam to the Olympic Slam is just unexpected to me

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Brokenogre posted:

Most of the move on that "new finisher move list" are reanimations, or re mocapped, the changing of the Wrestling hero slam to the Olympic Slam is just unexpected to me

Why remocap/reanimate Luke Gallows old finisher in WWE and the original attitude adjustment but none of the other ones?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

KungFu Grip posted:

Why remocap/reanimate Luke Gallows old finisher in WWE and the original attitude adjustment but none of the other ones?

Gotta leave something to have changed next year!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Hasn't the slingblade been in for years, they just called it something else before Seth and Finn began using it?

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

It was JTG's version, complete with his hand motions at the end of it. It was also only a rebound move, hopefully the new one can be hit on the run.

VV Not last gen, maybe on next. VVV

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Oct 2, 2015

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

remusclaw posted:

It was JTG's version, complete with his hand motions at the end of it. It was also only a rebound move, hopefully the new one can be hit on the run.

I'm pretty sure you can do the Shout Out while running too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

Is it true there'll be no Sasha Banks in WWE2K16?