Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
Shameless plug: <TMO> is looking for 50+ members on the red server who are interested in raiding. We've been silently doing our thing behind the shadows letting the server think we're dead, but we've repaired our relationship with empire and are fielding solid numbers and beginning to work on new content. We could really use a goddamn shaman (I don't think we have a single shaman that isn't an alt) we're low on wizards, and more clerics/rogues are always top priority, but every class is welcome. !!we are no longer only running raids that gently caress over tunare faction classes!!

On another note, if there's any goons who play on Red who I don't already know about, you should come out of the woodwork and send me a tell on Anime. Especially if you were in <SLAMDUNKATRON> (I'm Hardon Collider)

Tashan Dorrsett fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Sep 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013
Curious to hear what you guys are doing, not so interested in the idea of being buddies with Empire but I guess it's how you have to survive on Red99. 54 Monk / 52 Bard here.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
48 Ranger/45 Bard/44 Druid here.

The people I play with are 47 Bard/50 Sham, a 36 SK, and a 35 Ench

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
I was gonna roll a shaman as soon as I farmed up enough money to do a little twinking. Glad you hear there are spots open at end game.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
I was the guild leader of SLAMDUNKATRON but when i had to quit someone else got the tag and I can't get it back because I don't know who they are.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"

I Love You! posted:

I was the guild leader of SLAMDUNKATRON but when i had to quit someone else got the tag and I can't get it back because I don't know who they are.

I have a Slamdunkatron officer on Skullmonkey (Red). Maybe my logs would show who GL is?

Kefit
May 16, 2006
layl
I've got my shaman on blue to 38 now. It's amazing how much better life becomes after 34. I'm not sure how I ever lived without dogdog at my side. He's great for killing greens. eating harm touches, and in general greatly increasing the efficiency of killing low blues. I just wish I didn't have to summon him so many times on average to get a max level dogdog. I've got a magician broom to make the process less painful, but it's still annoying.

I've also started on the initial steps for my epic, since that sounds important if I want to be efficient at higher levels. I suppose I should probably find a guild to join if i want any hope of killing the final boss of the quest, though.

Conskill posted:

I am trying to start a Barbarian Shaman over on blue. I never did Everfrost back in the day and dear God I remember why. This is brutal in an unfun way and I'm not sure I'm going to make it to level 2.

Currently my corpse is being camped by a goblin that doesn't move and kills me before I can loot all my stuff. Yay.

Everfrost is kind of a weird newbie zone. There's very little you can safely kill at level one, but there sure are a ton of level 2-3 mobs pathing around that scowl at you. Getting past the first level basically requires finding 13 decaying skeletons. After that the zone becomes much more pleasant, since you can kill a lot more once you get to level two.

I'm going to be in the Qeynos area with Kefkef later tonight, send me a tell and I can pop by to buff you and throw some plat at you.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Ashenden posted:

Curious to hear what you guys are doing, not so interested in the idea of being buddies with Empire but I guess it's how you have to survive on Red99. 54 Monk / 52 Bard here.

Haha, same - after Empire spent two months constantly shittalking and warring with TMO and generally being the terrible, cheating, RMTing people we all know Empire to be, it's a little odd to hear.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

is there such thing as an everquest speedrun? obviously there's no real ending other than when you get bored, but I think you could define categories to race towards.

tl;;dr i like eq and i like speedruns

necro%

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

a real jerk posted:

is there such thing as an everquest speedrun? obviously there's no real ending other than when you get bored, but I think you could define categories to race towards.

tl;;dr i like eq and i like speedruns

necro%
There's lots of stuff in EQ that is hard to do fast, but most of it isn't very entertaining to watch. Level 1 races from place to place are probably the closest. They involve speedrun-esque stuff like strafe-running and bunny hopping to go faster, camping your character inside a wall to bug-warp to the zone safespot (when that gets you most of the way across the zone its a big deal), and tricks for negotiating areas with mobs that will 1-shot you.

Leveling happens too slowly to really be done like a traditional speedrun but small chunks of a level or a few lower levels could be done speedrun style. But when the fastest way to get from 1-10 is really going to be someone spam-turning-in items to a quest mob, it's really not very exciting.

Clearing your way to a camp or mob target with a group or raid and killing it isn't really done much like a speedrun but it is at least somewhat interesting to watch and requires skill/knowledge of the game like a speedrun does. It also matters a lot (on blue at least) where you often don't get a shot at a mob if you aren't faster than the other guys.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
I'd watch a video of a level one race from one end of the Dreadlands to the other, no buffs.

That zone is scary as hell. Probably wouldn't be any survivors,but maybe someone could dodge the raindrops of wandering mobs and use them eating the other racers as a distraction.

cinder
Aug 25, 2000
What level are you guys on red now? I leveled a cleric to 55 a while back but haven't logged in for quite a while.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

A Strange Aeon posted:

I'd watch a video of a level one race from one end of the Dreadlands to the other, no buffs.

That zone is scary as hell. Probably wouldn't be any survivors,but maybe someone could dodge the raindrops of wandering mobs and use them eating the other racers as a distraction.

One thing I've been wanting to do for awhile that'd be a fun goon event is get a bunch of people together and all roll level 1 halflings. Then we all set out from the Shire misty thicket on our quest to not-mordor. As we travel we Oregon Trail it and see what poo poo happens to who, who dies where and if anybody survives to the end.

Would probably be even more fun on Red or Discord than on Blue.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Zaphod42 posted:

One thing I've been wanting to do for awhile that'd be a fun goon event is get a bunch of people together and all roll level 1 halflings. Then we all set out from the Shire misty thicket on our quest to not-mordor. As we travel we Oregon Trail it and see what poo poo happens to who, who dies where and if anybody survives to the end.

Would probably be even more fun on Red or Discord than on Blue.

I am instantly down for this whenever it happens. Which zone is not-Mordor? I assume Lavastorm? Maybe Veeshan's Peak if we want to be really epic and include a boat ride. Also I vote that no matter what happens we all jump into a volcano and die at the end.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Siets posted:

I am instantly down for this whenever it happens. Which zone is not-Mordor? I assume Lavastorm? Maybe Veeshan's Peak if we want to be really epic and include a boat ride. Also I vote that no matter what happens we all jump into a volcano and die at the end.

Yeah that's the question, and those were the ones that came to mind to me, Lavastorm or Veeshan's or something like that.
We could even do a few runs, one to each and see who dies where.

Even better if somebody could stream it, or we could just all get in IRC.

And yes, it has to end with everybody dying in a fire regardless. :) I'm so down for this.

Are you allowed to zone in to Velious or Kunark at level 1? I once got booted trying to zone into OT as a level 1 for some weird reason, not sure if that was a bug or some arcane expansion restriction or something.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

Anyone got a spot for a 55+ magician to solo level? I should be good to 57 where I am currently at (Kelethin), but I'm looking to the future/whenever Kelethin gets packed. Pulls need to be steady, as I can currently kill 15-20 mobs before I need to med. I realize that will probably change soon.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
There's some level 50 NPCs in Neriak Foreign Quarter that you could switch to. They're better suited to charming enchanters as they've got substantially more HP than what you're killing now, but a mage can probably do them. You really want some mobs that are 45-49 with lowish hp though, and most of them are in spots that are tough to break into or hold as a solo mage: perma pits, Efreeti area in SolB, bugs/jail in Seb. I have no idea what people are camping for XP in Velious but you could also do conceivably do Fe`Dhars in Skyshrine, random spiders at the front of Velks, geonids in WL, or phase spiders in DN.

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

Ashenden posted:

We've been farming Halls of Testing, Plane of Growth, Velk, and old kunark content for epics and such. Right now we're fielding a solid force on a pretty regular basis, but we're maybe 2 or 3 key players away from being able to take on some of the more difficult Velious content. If you want to raid and experience Velious with a tight knit crew of 35-45 instead of whatever Empire's doing, definitely consider throwing in an app.

ekeog posted:

Haha, same - after Empire spent two months constantly shittalking and warring with TMO and generally being the terrible, cheating, RMTing people we all know Empire to be, it's a little odd to hear.

We're not all buddy buddy with Empire -- it's just that they stopped griefing our raids and their leadership's now holding their members accountable and kicking people who grief us. A lot of the initial drama between TMO and Empire was caused by us allowing players they don't like to apply to (not join) the guild, and from Tiggles' poo poo talk. Not a single one of those players made the cut to member, and Tiggles went back to blue, so it's not like they have any reason to grief us these days.

Tashan Dorrsett fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Sep 28, 2015

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
RED UPDATE:

Currently on Scoobs in Crystal Caverns, group is 36-48. Send a tell if you're on red and care!

Edit: gently caress CC we are off to Lguk

I Love You! fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Sep 29, 2015

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
I leveled for a couple hours in CC. I hated it. Bound myself at the entrance, almost died after I gated. All the mobs run and pathing is really weird. Also, the horrors are significantly harder than the spiders.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

FranktheBank posted:

I leveled for a couple hours in CC. I hated it. Bound myself at the entrance, almost died after I gated. All the mobs run and pathing is really weird. Also, the horrors are significantly harder than the spiders.

CC is glorious, you just have to learn the weird quirks of the dungeon. Great loot for mid-30s, a town right there to hang and bank in, guards that protect you like it's a newbie zone. The binding is tough but you're very safe once you learn the place.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

I Love You! posted:

CC is glorious, you just have to learn the weird quirks of the dungeon. Great loot for mid-30s, a town right there to hang and bank in, guards that protect you like it's a newbie zone. The binding is tough but you're very safe once you learn the place.

Yeah the loot was okay. Someone killed the queen and I got a bracer I think and Messenger of the Queen

I just don't have invis as a cleric and its annoying lol.

Kalaxus
Dec 8, 2003

Battle Master
any sage advice for advancing a lizzy necro from 8-12? Spell tier without any new dots or dd spells is worrisome, don't think that my pet is ready for tanking drawn out battles yet, and I think the undead nuke is too high mana cost to try to lean on it.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Kalaxus posted:

any sage advice for advancing a lizzy necro from 8-12? Spell tier without any new dots or dd spells is worrisome, don't think that my pet is ready for tanking drawn out battles yet, and I think the undead nuke is too high mana cost to try to lean on it.

Go to Kurn's, get a group, use undead nuke, coast by on group DPS and pet is really the answer.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"

Kalaxus posted:

I could get you a ton of Marauder snout MM rings that you can turn in to the warrior guild in East Cabilis. Pretty good exp when you're not grouping

Kalaxus
Dec 8, 2003

Battle Master
I Managed to get 9 and nearly 10 thanks to chanter uber buffs was soloing yellows and never running out of mana, just had to wait like every 6 pulls for pets health to restore. followed up by a couple hours tag teaming pit with a shammy. Tried to enter Kurn's but 2 big skellys were guarding the entrance, decided probably best not to go in alone having never been in the zone before.

Pillow Armadillo posted:

I could get you a ton of Marauder snout MM rings that you can turn in to the warrior guild in East Cabilis. Pretty good exp when you're not grouping

that would be great, thank you.

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

Steeks(blue)/Rizen(red) here. For anyone wondering where I went well seems Thailand has some strict drug enforcement and I was in one of their prisons for a few weeks. Should be making it back to the states in another month or two :a2m:

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

shirunei posted:

Steeks(blue)/Rizen(red) here. For anyone wondering where I went well seems Thailand has some strict drug enforcement and I was in one of their prisons for a few weeks. Should be making it back to the states in another month or two :a2m:

Wait I want more details on this

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

shirunei posted:

What did you do.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

Pathos posted:

Wait I want more details on this

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Holy poo poo why would you bring drugs into any asian country least of all Thailand

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Why the hell would he play on red?... I mean bring drugs to asia.

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013

shirunei posted:

Man I love you Rizen. -Jinouga/Ashenden from SLAMDUNKATRON

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

What do they call Bubba in thai?

Or wait them are some little bastards over there you probly Bubba huh

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013
Any people on Blue able to help me (That's a lie, I'm level 34, I can't help at all) kill Black Dire at some point? At that point on my quest, running to turn in the Rathe Mountain stuff then I'll probably be leveling in MM all day anyways so I'd like to do it if possible.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

I'd totally help out but I'm only 30 so I'd be useless.

Been busy with life and other games but I need to get back into EQ and grind out a few more levels, time to get some new spells already.

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013

Zaphod42 posted:

I'd totally help out but I'm only 30 so I'd be useless.

Been busy with life and other games but I need to get back into EQ and grind out a few more levels, time to get some new spells already.

Just make sure you play on the 2nd for that double exp.

Kalaxus
Dec 8, 2003

Battle Master
Almost 12 on my necro , thanks to amazing luck getting constantly grouped with at least one person that could con my pet for amazing pet tanking action and a surplus of shields to give them all bash. But I read something on Project1999 forum that saying something about pulling back the pet at 25% mob hp or you take an big hit to xp. Did I just have the easiest leveling experience in a long time despite nerfing my xp? Always thought of pets as an extra spell or attack not another player in the group. The best xp rate I had though was group of 4, 2 SK and 2 necro and all our pets were out and partying. Does the pet only count as person for xp while not in the group or something?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Ashenden posted:

Just make sure you play on the 2nd for that double exp.

Oh you betcha, I'm gonna try to grab a few levels for my druid and SK both on Friday. (poo poo, why isn't it Saturday?)

Kalaxus posted:

Almost 12 on my necro , thanks to amazing luck getting constantly grouped with at least one person that could con my pet for amazing pet tanking action and a surplus of shields to give them all bash. But I read something on Project1999 forum that saying something about pulling back the pet at 25% mob hp or you take an big hit to xp. Did I just have the easiest leveling experience in a long time despite nerfing my xp? Always thought of pets as an extra spell or attack not another player in the group. The best xp rate I had though was group of 4, 2 SK and 2 necro and all our pets were out and partying. Does the pet only count as person for xp while not in the group or something?

Yeah pets definitely take away some of your XP, although AFAIK as long as they're alive you get the penalty. The only way I knew to avoid it was to kill your pet or drop charm before the thing dies, I don't know anything about pulling back at 25%. You'd probably have to dismiss and resummon? Might not be worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013

Zaphod42 posted:

Oh you betcha, I'm gonna try to grab a few levels for my druid and SK both on Friday. (poo poo, why isn't it Saturday?)

It starts the 2nd but goes through to the 5th.