Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Ernie Muppari posted:

the hell's cross ange?

is it like a crossbone gundam spinoff or something?

It's a mecha anime by the guy who made Gundam SEED about a women's prison where the prisoners have to fly robots to fight dragons until they die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

boom boom boom posted:

It's a mecha anime by the guy who made Gundam SEED about a women's prison where the prisoners have to fly robots to fight dragons until they die

To be fair in this case he's a producer, not a director

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Angie's Hot Cross Buns

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Ernie Muppari posted:

the hell's cross ange?

is it like a crossbone gundam spinoff or something?

Gundam Seed director did a show about girls in giant robots fighting dragons, and it turned out to be super creepy and bad.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Cross Ange is Valverave only the rape is in the first episode instead of 8 episodes in, so that means people get ridiculously mad at it instead of calling it a ~wacky trainwreck :iamafag:~

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
From the gifs I've seen, the first episode's anal fist scene was one of the more mild things.

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!
the gently caress's valvrave?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Ernie Muppari posted:

It and Cross Ange can both be traced back to Code Geass, in that basically they are aiming for the audience that ate up Geass.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Ernie Muppari posted:

The (hopeful) nadir of Ichiro Okouchi's downward spiral after Code Geass.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Srice posted:

Cross Ange is Valverave only the rape is in the first episode instead of 8 episodes in, so that means people get ridiculously mad at it instead of calling it a ~wacky trainwreck :iamafag:~

they're not even wacky, by the end of shows that people call "trainwrecks" like valvrave or guilty crown, they just become incredibly dull

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
How come nobdoy told me that the band who did the IBO theme song has such a rich backstory?

Before becoming popular, the band invented a back-story for why they wear wolf masks, which involves them being created as the "Ultimate Life Form" by Jimi Hendrix, who is described by the band as being the doctor of the guitar and master wolf biologist. They were then frozen in Antarctica for years, before escaping and emerging on the Japanese music scene

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I watched the first season of Valvrave and didn't even bother with the second. It was just really boring and I didn't care about any of the characters.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Say waht you will about Cros Ange, it's not boring.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

boom boom boom posted:

Say waht you will about Cros Ange, it's not boring.

The last 10 episodes are boring as poo poo. It front ends the shock stuff and the rest is regular crap

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Motto posted:

they're not even wacky, by the end of shows that people call "trainwrecks" like valvrave or guilty crown, they just become incredibly dull

Yeah pretty much.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

DamnGlitch posted:

The last 10 episodes are boring as poo poo. It front ends the shock stuff and the rest is regular crap

I learned my lesson from valvrave and expected that and dropped cross ange after the first singing thing happened and showed a bunch of alternate timelines or some poo poo. what i've heard of what happens after that sounds really poo poo, even by the standards set by the first half

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
There's a discussion in the Pillow Boys thread, what male Gundam character would you most want to sleep with? Not have sex with, just sleep. What do y'all think?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

the worst part about bad shows is when you see the glimmer of something good occasionally peek through, but never see it realized

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

boom boom boom posted:

There's a discussion in the Pillow Boys thread, what male Gundam character would you most want to sleep with? Not have sex with, just sleep. What do y'all think?

I think i'm never going into that thread.

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

Garma Zabi > Terry Sanders > Ramba Ral > Chibodee Crocket > Henken Bekkener > Roberto > Master O > Paptimus Scirocco

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!

boom boom boom posted:

Yazan, obviously.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Motto posted:

the worst part about bad shows is when you see the glimmer of something good occasionally peek through, but never see it realized

That's the thing about Cross Ange. Most bad shows have at least a glimmer of a decent premise and are just fumbled in the execution for one reason or other, but Cross Ange had thought put into it. This is the show they wanted in all it's horror.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Char and Master Asia

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Not enough Treize in these lists.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
im sick of hearing about gundam wing from americans

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

boom boom boom posted:

How come nobdoy told me that the band who did the IBO theme song has such a rich backstory?

Before becoming popular, the band invented a back-story for why they wear wolf masks, which involves them being created as the "Ultimate Life Form" by Jimi Hendrix, who is described by the band as being the doctor of the guitar and master wolf biologist. They were then frozen in Antarctica for years, before escaping and emerging on the Japanese music scene

So they're characters from Part 9 of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure?

Not Dave
Aug 9, 2009

ATAI SUPER DRY IS
BREWED FROM QUALITY
ENGREDIENTS BY USING
OUR PURE CULTURE
YEAST AND ADVANCED
BREWING TECHNIQUES.

muike posted:

im sick of hearing about gundam wing from americans

Same. At least the last time this happened the guy knew about Frozen Teardrop to some extent.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Patrick.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
South Burning.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
Lockon 1

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

boom boom boom posted:

:stare:

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.
Mr. Ral.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Sleggar, Hayate, Mashymere, Lockon I, Judeau

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

aw dang i forgot about mashymere

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
AnimeLab's confirmed they're simulcasting IBO :peanut:

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Quattre and George de Sand would respect your space and not hog the bedding. Louts like Chibodee or Yzan would spread out. You might as well sleep on the floor.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
The new Gundam thread should appear sometime within the next few days. Thanks for hanging in there.

As per tradition, IBO will have its own thread, so whoever wants to make that can just go ahead.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Daisuki is streaming IBO in "242 countries." Dunno if it's going to be another G-Reco situation or if the US is included. And speaking of G-Reco, it's conning to Hulu this week.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

If its not a case then you could just use a proxy to watch it from them. My other experiences with Daisuki have been that their english translator can get pretty lazy and take longer than the other languages to come out. Spanish was ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cao Ni Ma posted:

If its not a case then you could just use a proxy to watch it from them. My other experiences with Daisuki have been that their english translator can get pretty lazy and take longer than the other languages to come out. Spanish was ok.

Pretty sure Bandai or the broadcasting network do their own subtitles, because AnimeLab was the only simulcaster for G-Reco and they dont do in-house subtitling.

• Locked thread