Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Sadly, half the races don't even get to turn 1 before people with fast accelerating cars decide it's a good idea to go 4 wide on the first straight away...

The best starts are on Daytona, nobody knows how to handle the cars desire to turn into the infield when you accelerate on a bank...

To be fair, they would never do a standing start at a track like Daytona anyway for that very reason. Really its kinda insane to me that Forza still does not have rolling starts at least as an option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adisca
May 6, 2003

Young Turks
GT: adisca

I'm still learning, but I'd love to race with you goons.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
bwahaha I have made myself a new C-class weapon. Should be popular with the pubbies online. Except the C hopper is bullshit no collision. Time to upgrade to B.

burtonos
Aug 17, 2004

...and the angel did say, "go forth, and lay waste to all who oppose you"
I am finally getting a feel for this game, and I like it. My brief foray into A class hoppers was brilliant and terrifying. I will be hopping it up this evening, Bentron will be sending out occasional invites. Join me for cocktails and pubbie madness!

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Still getting last place at D class hopper races but still loving the poo poo out of this game.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Spades posted:

I am now regolded.

Have some memory:

Actually interested to see if this spec still pans out two and a half games later.

Have some memory to go with that memory
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs8nNWuseTA

Holan
Oct 14, 2007
Will add everyone tonight, GT Go Spastic. GMT, so probably won't be online for many EST races, but at least my drivatar can harass people.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

geeves posted:

:howdy tears:

Howdy Tears are here again
My cars will all be queer again
All us Back-markers are back again
Howdy Tears are here agaiiin!

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

Holan posted:

GT Go Spastic. GMT, so probably won't be online for many EST races, but at least my drivatar can harass people.

Is that a Squarepusher ref?

Speaking of GMT crew - Jarf, Breeet - do you own this yet?

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Scatterfold posted:

Is that a Squarepusher ref?

Speaking of GMT crew - Jarf, Breeet - do you own this yet?

gently caress yeah I do. Capri and all.

:getin:

I can do pretty much any weekday around 8-9ish or maybe Sunday evening? Let me know when is good for GMT folk and I'll try my best to make time for it.

Spades
Sep 18, 2011
Somewhat unsurprisingly, this time around it seems like low weight cars are super overpowered again ala Forza 4 - in particular the Mustang, Rx3 and Mini can easily make a good +10 seconds on lap of an average car. Figured after six games they'd have this stuff almost sorted but apparently not.

Either way, online play with pubs is terrible and you should all invite me so I can learn how to drive again.

Spades
Sep 18, 2011
Since it was pretty good last time we had it, how about a spec time trial challenge? If anyone can think of a particular car/track combo they'd like that'd be good, else I'll come up with something tomorrow night.

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

Jarf posted:

I can do pretty much any weekday around 8-9ish or maybe Sunday evening? Let me know when is good for GMT folk and I'll try my best to make time for it.

Sunday evening might be good. That way the US & Canadian folk can join us if they want some early afternoon racing.

Someone - I can't remember who - made a good little website app to randomise tracks and classes; does that still exist? Has it been updated?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Scatterfold posted:

Sunday evening might be good. That way the US & Canadian folk can join us if they want some early afternoon racing.

Someone - I can't remember who - made a good little website app to randomise tracks and classes; does that still exist? Has it been updated?

Rainwave made it for 4, I updated it for 6. http://gutbomb.net/diceracing.html

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty

L_Harrison posted:

bwahaha I have made myself a new C-class weapon. Should be popular with the pubbies online. Except the C hopper is bullshit no collision. Time to upgrade to B.

You either got a new name or I forgot. I was wondering whose times I had been chasing since I got the game!

Also, put me down for pubbie racing if anyone is doing rando invites gt: robocratic

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

GutBomb posted:

:perfect:

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Scatterfold posted:

Sunday evening dice racing would be pretty much perfect for us.

GMT/Euro folk make yourselves heard!

GutBomb posted:

:fap:

headfake
Aug 6, 2011

Adding people from spreadsheet, I'm incandenza137 - US West

Spamtheman
May 30, 2005

Effer of the ineffable

Jarf posted:

Sunday evening dice racing would be pretty much perfect for us.

GMT/Euro folk make yourselves heard!

:fap:

All over it like a fat kid on the last cupcake.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
I guess they finally fixed Forza Rewards, so I can finally chart the progress of my horrible compulsive goal-meeting.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
my t500rs finally works in fm6. feedback feels so much more realistic than project cars, especially with simulation steering :fap:

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

deep impact on vhs posted:

my t500rs finally works in fm6. feedback feels so much more realistic than project cars, especially with simulation steering :fap:

Do you mean Thrustmaster TX or really T500RS?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Yeah gunna be pissed if I coulda bought a t500 that works on ps4 and xbone instead of the TX....

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

GutBomb posted:

Do you mean Thrustmaster TX or really T500RS?

it's the tx, sorry, i keep getting them mixed up because the control panel tells me it's a t500rs for some reason

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Are any of you actually using sim steering on the gamepad? I managed it up until A class, then I would spin out if I breathed on the left stick, and I have those extenders that gives you more precise control.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Sim steering is for wheel users.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I used sim steering on a controller through about 75% of my Forza 5 playthrough (and then the Thrustmaster TX finally came out)

But yeah, I guess I am a wheel user most of the time.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

What's currently the most decent affordable wheel? Under $200.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Crossposting from GTCC

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

ChocNitty posted:

What's currently the most decent affordable wheel? Under $200.

The Fanatec Clubsport v2 base and the Xbone Universal Hub + a wheel rim, and Clubsport pedals.

Oh I thought you said under $1200.
There is nothing under $200.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
The voice chat bugs are getting ridiculous. What's astonishing to me is the lack of people complaining about the issue on the official forums. There are a few threads but they each only have a couple of posts and when it does get posted it gets grouped together with the robot voices issue which, while annoying, is completely avoidable and not related to the issue at hand. And I don't really blame T10 for not paying attention to people on that forum because it's mostly a cesspool. People not being able to properly articulate what the problem is, and just general 12 year old kid idiocy runs rampant over there.

These are the few threads I found about the issue and there are no official responses to any of them.
http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postsm381054_Game-chat-issues-in-multiplayer----Can-you-hear-me-now.aspx
http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst41078_Game-Chat-Issues--Voice-randomly-stops-working.aspx
http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst45615_Teamspeak-problems-in-customer-multiplayer-sessions.aspx
http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst42384_Private-Multiplayer---bug-reports-and-enhancement-requests.aspx

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Oct 1, 2015

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
i tried to make a post that nobody can mistake for "robot voice"

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postsm381088_Voice-problems-NOT-ROBOT-VOICE--T10-please-at-least-respond.aspx#post_381088

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It really is amazing, it's 2015 TYOOL and voice chat in video games is seemingly more difficult than it was in 2005 on PC...

I totally forgot about racing this week and missed out on the fun, will try to make it next week! Now I got my mic working I think so I can yell at the people that the game lets me yell at.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
The "blades" xbox 360 system was the best console OS of all time. Its been downhill ever since. Lightning fast, does everything flawlessly. Easy chat, easy invites, no clutter. From parties to digital downloads to DLC i cant think of a single function we have today it didnt have back then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UURZ5IRvJQ4

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Oct 1, 2015

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I really hate the xbox one dashboard. It's impossible to do anything fast. In order to get rid of robot voice, I have to exit out of the game, start it back up, go back to the dash go to friends and do all that crap. Waiting for a horribly slow menu to load every step of the way. If they can't make the menus be fast, then simplify them until it works. I don't care if it looks nice, I just want to be able to muscle memory some buttons to get to the join friends screen.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Cojawfee posted:

I really hate the xbox one dashboard. It's impossible to do anything fast. In order to get rid of robot voice, I have to exit out of the game, start it back up, go back to the dash go to friends and do all that crap. Waiting for a horribly slow menu to load every step of the way. If they can't make the menus be fast, then simplify them until it works. I don't care if it looks nice, I just want to be able to muscle memory some buttons to get to the join friends screen.

But then they can sell you a "xbox one elite plus" with more memory. "look how much faster it loads!" (Was the plan the whole time)

Plus we need lots of tiles if you're playing xbox one on your ipad, and lots of ads! and social media! *loading screen*

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Oh you want to listen to music through the Xbox One while playing games. Sorry we are gonna need 25% of your screen space.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Is it possible to use the Stitcher Podcast app or the Spotify music app on xbox one?

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I've been waiting over an hour to start uploading pics from GTCC last night, but XBox Live! sign-in has been down for I don't know how long. No ETA on a fix. What's going on today?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Dr. Faustus posted:

I've been waiting over an hour to start uploading pics from GTCC last night, but XBox Live! sign-in has been down for I don't know how long. No ETA on a fix. What's going on today?

I dunno, but I was racing offline and they decided to reset something and it kicked me out of the loving single player race. Like what the gently caress is that poo poo.

• Locked thread