Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Post funny panels: sociological implications of western movies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Source: Some new Green Lantern or whatever, I don't know what the gently caress.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

That's amazing. The ring comment is so perfect it's eerie.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Dr. Doom has some wierd ways to beat off Richards.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
I tried to photoshop the caption to 'This is MY hole! It was made for ME!' but CBA.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Chinaman7000 posted:

I think the ring comment clearly means it's deliberate.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

SynthOrange posted:

Cap #387 or thereabouts:

I like the fact that they stripped them right down to their skivvies but left the masks on.

Presumably because otherwise the reader wouldn't have a loving clue who they were.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Gosh I hope they shared this technology with the trans community worldwide.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Chinaman7000 posted:

As a meme goatse and the ring is shockingly long-reaching.

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

mind the walrus posted:

As a meme goatse and the ring is shockingly long-reaching.

Goatse is now and forever; the alpha and omega of distended buttholes.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

MikeJF posted:

Gosh I hope they shared this technology with the trans community worldwide.
Pretty sure it's like this:

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

theflyingorc posted:

Sauron needs to be teamed up with Dr Dinosaur at some point.

I would literally murder to have Atomic Robo have a crossover with Marvel in some fashion.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

theflyingorc posted:

Spider-Man and The X-Men was probably the best X related title in the last few years, also probably the best Spider related title in the same time frame.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
She needs to team up with Magneto from the first X-Men movie and make a machine that turns people into women AND mutants. I don't know what the next step of this plan is, but I'm guessing something that involves making those people into cyborgs or downloading their brains onto the internet, too.

JediTalentAgent fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Oct 3, 2015

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Squirrel Girl posts in GBS.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Sadly, I don't know the issue so I don't know how Superboy gets out.

Benito Cereno
Jan 20, 2006

ALLEZ-OUP!
Pretty sure that's Action Comics #259, "The Revenge of Luthor."

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Evil Mastermind posted:

Be honest, we'd all fall for something like that.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

SilverSupernova posted:

Be honest, we'd all fall for something like that.

"But why would they... I mean, it's so obvious, it has to be a trap, right? Unless... that's what they want me to think... or is it that they want me to think that it's more complicated than it really is... but what else could it do... GAH! I MUST KNOW!" *walks into cage*

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.

Kwyndig posted:

So does Cap actually get turned into a woman or does he somehow escape?

Hey, not sure if anyone answered this, please don't jump down my throat if someone did. But yes. Captain America was turned into a woman and that's why he's been a woman till the introduction of the (male) Ultimate Captain America character, on whom the film version was loosely based.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Hey, if the terrible webcomics thread has taught me anything, it's that being transformed into a woman is a recipe for hijinks, with no long-term consequences when it's eventually reversed.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Evil Mastermind posted:

Inconceivable!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Evil Mastermind posted:

It's tough when even the narrator agrees with Luthor.

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."

Elfface posted:

Hey, if the terrible webcomics thread has taught me anything, it's that being transformed into a woman is a recipe for hijinks, with no long-term consequences when it's eventually reversed.

Tell that to the Ultra-Humanite.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Batman defeats the Flash in the goofiest way imaginable:

(Batman#35)

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

So, Barry just skidded into the side of a building at several hundred MPH. But I'm sure he's okay.

(and the goofiest way to defeat Flash will always be Deathstroke's "I'll stick my sword behind me so fast he won't be able to swerve away" from Identity Crisis.)

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
They both require being able to do something so fast that someone moving faster than you can see not realize what you're doing and compensate, but I'll at least grant that coating the ground in teflon is a little more plausible from the perspective of "maybe he wouldn't realize what was happening."

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Alhazred posted:

Batman defeats the Flash in the goofiest way imaginable:

(Batman#35)

Defeating Superman with a glove containing miniaturized red suns in the knuckles is goofier.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Teenage Fansub posted:

Defeating Superman with a glove containing miniaturized red suns in the knuckles is goofier.
Probably, but Flash's is funnier since it's almost completely passive and he doesn't even know whatthefuck just happened. At least with the SUNFIST Bruce still has to punch that handsome alien right in the face.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Red suns hurt Superman now? I thought they just didn't empower him.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Bruceski posted:

I remember an episode of Superfriends (or something) where Superman was in a deep hole, and a drill was coming down at him. The drill became red-hot because of the friction, and that red glow sucked out Supes's power.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Bruceski posted:

It varies, usually somewhere between "neutralizes his powers" and "actively hurts him." I prefer it closer to the former, but hacks tend to use it as a Kryptonite equivalent because yeah.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Red sun is always kind of iffy.

At times it is just "red sun doesn't give Superman energy and so his batteries will eventually run dry." But since "Superman's batteries run dry" is a process that takes a small eternity it has become "it actively saps his power" to make it more significant.

There is no good reason why it should HURT him though.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
The Superman vs Batman dynamic would work a lot better if Superman was some kind of reverse vampire who got significantly weaker at night.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Selachian posted:

So, Barry just skidded into the side of a building at several hundred MPH. But I'm sure he's okay.

(and the goofiest way to defeat Flash will always be Deathstroke's "I'll stick my sword behind me so fast he won't be able to swerve away" from Identity Crisis.)

See that building? That's what should have happened to Deathstroke. The brilliant plan of "The Flash won't be able to stop in time!" includes the flaw that The Flash won't be able to stop in time.

Avulsion posted:

The Superman vs Batman dynamic would work a lot better if Superman was some kind of reverse vampire who got significantly weaker at night.

There was a brief period where that was basically how it worked, Supes couldn't walk into a windowless room without his powers starting to fade.

SirDan3k fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Oct 5, 2015

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Keeshhound posted:

They both require being able to do something so fast that someone moving faster than you can see not realize what you're doing and compensate, but I'll at least grant that coating the ground in teflon is a little more plausible from the perspective of "maybe he wouldn't realize what was happening."

Snyder at least tried to sell it it by pointing out that setting up that particular defense against Flash took billions, is completely automatic since Bruce would never react on time and was the bulk of the budget for the suit since Flash would otherwise take him down before Bruce had a chance to even acknowledge it.

I have no idea about the sun knuckles.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Snyder at least tried to sell it it by pointing out that setting up that particular defense against Flash took billions, is completely automatic since Bruce would never react on time and was the bulk of the budget for the suit since Flash would otherwise take him down before Bruce had a chance to even acknowledge it.

I have no idea about the sun knuckles.

It's still pretty dumb and just meant to prop Batman up as a world beater instead of a smart guy who's down in the trenches. :smith:

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Trast posted:

It's still pretty dumb and just meant to prop Batman up as a world beater instead of a smart guy who's down in the trenches. :smith:

So Batman is the HHH of the DC universe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Batman is absolutely the HHH of the DC universe.