Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

Gravel Gravy posted:

Glad you dug it. I'd look into his prior album Soft Money too.

It's a little more hip hop but less moody.

I did, and that's great too. "Sweet Cream In it" is a great tune. Some of it reminds me of Buck 65 in a good way, especially the "Squares" era. Thanks again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
Merge are reissuing The Magnetic Fields - 69 Love Songs. First 1,000 on colour vinyl. This is one of my favourite albums so I had to take the plunge, even though it's pricey.

http://www.mergerecords.com/69-love-songs-lp-reissue

Pooper Trooper
Jul 4, 2011

neveroddoreven

drat this thread! I only started reading it a couple of days ago, remembered all my records that are sitting at my parents' place along with my turntable and it all came rushing back. Next thing I know I'm back to shops I haven't visited in almost 10 years and buying records of bands I've never heard of along with albums I've had in digital format but never got around to physically buy and UGH MY WALLET but hot drat this warm feeling cannot be beaten. I'm so glad I get to experience that feeling all over again, you know, when you just want to run back home and put your headphones on and listen to all your new stuff while looking at the artwork, reading the lyrics and the sleeves and getting hypnotized by the record's revolutions. gently caress. Thank you thread for rekindling an old passion of mine. You'll be seeing more of me!

Today's haul:

The last two are 7"s of a couple Greek bands that play a sort of new wave-y thing. Not too bad I guess but not really my thing. but hey they were freebies from the guy who owns the shop I went to. Limited to 500 pieces each, why not. If there's anyone in here into obscure international new wave bands I can send them to you for free, I'd rather they went to a good home where they'll be welcome additions to someone's collection.

Σελοφάν Side A - Behind the Dunes, Side B - Tristesse
The second band I can't actually find on youtube but I think it's these songs Side A - Lacrimae Christi, Side B - Fear

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Don Giovanni is having a kickstarter to clear out a ton of their stock before they move, there's some cheap random vinyl bundles available:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dongiovannirecords/help-don-giovanni-records-move?ref=thanks_tweet

Most of their stuff is fantastic, and I may do it despite having half their catalog.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Kaboobi posted:

Don Giovanni is having a kickstarter to clear out a ton of their stock before they move, there's some cheap random vinyl bundles available:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dongiovannirecords/help-don-giovanni-records-move?ref=thanks_tweet

Most of their stuff is fantastic, and I may do it despite having half their catalog.

Thanks for the heads up, went in for two LPs. Never heard a Don Giovanni band I didn't like :)

Elrobot
Dec 28, 2004
Press the buttons all at once, all of the time
saw a show and bought a thing and met a guy

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Don't call a cat a thing, man.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Had some good luck at a flea market this weekend, amazingly:

Abbey Road was $5
Simon and Garfunkle - $1
Pixies - $3
Smiths - $3
Dion - $1

All in great shape except for Abbey Road, which is terrible but I don't have the willpower to pass it up for 5 bucks.

That Dion album kind of sucks because it doesn't include anything off Runaround Sue, even though it came later.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
drat, that's an absolute steal for the Pixies/Smiths LPs, regardless of their pressing.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
I paid $25 for my Doolittle copy :argh:

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
I've bought a few records recently.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Doctor Cave posted:

Merge are reissuing The Magnetic Fields - 69 Love Songs. First 1,000 on colour vinyl. This is one of my favourite albums so I had to take the plunge, even though it's pricey.

http://www.mergerecords.com/69-love-songs-lp-reissue

Oh poo poo, thanks for the heads up on this. I've been hating myself for not picking this up last time they pressed it like five years ago.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

wa27 posted:

Had some good luck at a flea market this weekend, amazingly:

Abbey Road was $5
Simon and Garfunkle - $1
Pixies - $3
Smiths - $3
Dion - $1

All in great shape except for Abbey Road, which is terrible but I don't have the willpower to pass it up for 5 bucks.

That Dion album kind of sucks because it doesn't include anything off Runaround Sue, even though it came later.

Nice haul. I found a nice Dion and the Belmonts 7" recently.

http://www.discogs.com/Dion-The-Belmonts-Where-Or-When-Thats-My-Desire/release/3049379

Paid 75 cents.

vorbis vorbilby
Apr 9, 2001

d-beat dad
The record I did the art for has been delivered to the band on tour. I don't have pics but I have this low-quality vid. Stay till the end.

https://www.facebook.com/YautjaTN/videos/vb.239922862840956/528774240622482/?type=2&theater

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
So Olde Growth played their last live show Sunday night, and they went out on a high note for sure. In honor of the occasion, I am giving away two copies of the Owl EP vinyl.

https://oldegrowth.bandcamp.com/album/owl-ep

Quote this part of the post if you're interested. I'll check this thread out tonight and if enough people want it, I will do some random drawing thing for it. Continental USA only, please, sorry rest of everywhere else.

cf posted:

The record I did the art for has been delivered to the band on tour. I don't have pics but I have this low-quality vid. Stay till the end.

https://www.facebook.com/YautjaTN/videos/vb.239922862840956/528774240622482/?type=2&theater

Yautja owns. Nice work.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Blast Fantasto posted:

drat, that's an absolute steal for the Pixies/Smiths LPs, regardless of their pressing.

Yeah I've never seen a Smiths album go for under 25 dollars.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

The Smiths and Pixies albums were the first two in a box of about 50 marked for $3/ea, so for about two seconds I had visions of buying a whole box of great stuff. Ultimately the rest was mostly thrift-store stuff (not that I'm complaining).

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH

Detective Thompson posted:

Quote this part of the post if you're interested. I'll check this thread out tonight and if enough people want it, I will do some random drawing thing for it. Continental USA only, please, sorry rest of everywhere else.

I'd be down for this!

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

So Olde Growth played their last live show Sunday night, and they went out on a high note for sure. In honor of the occasion, I am giving away two copies of the Owl EP vinyl.

https://oldegrowth.bandcamp.com/album/owl-ep

Yautja owns. Nice work.

I would be down for this.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

http://www.starwars.com/news/sony-classical-to-release-ultimate-editions-of-original-star-wars-soundtracks?cmp=emc

All 6 soundtracks on vinyl as a boxed set :eyepop:

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
How's the music from Star Wars? Is it any good?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

BigFactory posted:

How's the music from Star Wars? Is it any good?

Have you some how never seen a Start Wars film or owned a tv in the last 30 years?

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
hook line and sinker

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Boy, only $230 for 6 records you can probably find on Discogs for much cheaper!

vorbis vorbilby
Apr 9, 2001

d-beat dad
There is no overlap in the Venn diagram of people who would buy a Star Wars boxset and people who would shop around on discogs.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

cf posted:

There is no overlap in the Venn diagram of people who would buy a Star Wars boxset and people who would shop around on discogs.

But how else am I supposed to get an LP of the score from Attack of the Clones?

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

ddddddffdfddddfddf posted:

I'd be down for this!

Flaggy posted:

I would be down for this.

Well sheee-it! You two lucky ducks are getting something good. Send an email to astockwell83 at the gmail with your name and address. I'm planning on sending these out Friday. Put your screen name in the subject line please, just so I know you're not some maniac emailing me about penis enlargement or whatever.

Detective Thompson fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Oct 1, 2015

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Well sheee-it! You two lucky ducks are getting something good. Send an email to astockwell83 at the gmail with your name and address. I'm planning on sending these out Friday. Put your screen name in the subject line please, just so I know you're not some maniac emailing me about penis enlargement or whatever.

Email sent. Subject line Flaggy from SA.

Thanks man, I really appreciate that, looking forward to the album!

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH

Sent my email last night as well!

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Got 'em. Will visit the post office tomorrow.

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!
Got some Vangelis and Perturbator

Battle Rockers
Aug 3, 2008

i wanna witness ur slit
Awesome. What cool rear end record store has Perturbator in stock?

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!

Battle Rockers posted:

Awesome. What cool rear end record store has Perturbator in stock?

Levykauppa Äx (Record shop X) in Finland.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Discovering discogs.com was the worst thing to happen to my checking account since student loans.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

In trying to avoid discogs but I did just get Bloodclaat Gangsta Youth's Kill or be Killed 7" for $6, pretty drat psyched to have it.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
great record, good work

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

Pingiivi posted:

Got some Vangelis and Perturbator

does that say 32.95 on the those records or are my eyes giving me trouble

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Chill Callahan posted:

But that's euros. So it's either 50 cents or 600 dollars. I'm not sure which.

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!

Chill Callahan posted:

The Perturbator LPs were 32.95 euros. Limited reissue with normal black vinyl, nothing special.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

CPL593H posted:

But that's euros. So it's either 50 cents or 600 dollars. I'm not sure which.

right now it's like $37 apiece.