Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I spent my whole evening dowloading a patch instead of crushing cycling the puck around mans. Thank gently caress I at least have tomorrow off for hockey, so all you goons I friended better be ready to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Furnaceface posted:

I spent my whole evening dowloading a patch instead of crushing cycling the puck around mans. Thank gently caress I at least have tomorrow off for hockey, so all you goons I friended better be ready to play.

How bad is your Internet?

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

If anyone is still looking for a club on PS4, I made one. It's called Kitten Party on US West, my psn name is tannerwheat if you want to add me.

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos

Furnaceface posted:

Always put the PS4 in rest mode. :manning:

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
I decided that goon hockey sounds like a place where I can contribute my talents. If some of you goons see an invite from brushyrapier, that is me.

Prepare for mediocrity.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

How bad is your Internet?

Its Rogers. So it rangers between bad and hot garbage.

Bradf0rd posted:

Always put the PS4 in rest mode. :manning:

I skipped the PS4 tutorial and never read the manual so I only discovered this amazing feature as I was shutting it down last night. :downs:

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

We played a Div 1 team last night. They were really good.

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
So I played around in some EASHL drop ins today.

I found that this game is extremely satisfying when things go the right way, and terribly frustrating when they don't. First game i played I was forced into RD, and did a terrible job. Realized defense was not for me, and move to a winger.

Next game, played LW, scored two goals and an assist, and my team won. Sure, its a completely unrealistic game, but if i wanted that I'd actually learn to skate I guess.

Question though: Are pubbie games usually terrible? It just seems like basic hockey strategy is beyond understanding for some of these people.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Avenged posted:

Question though: Are pubbie games usually terrible? It just seems like basic hockey strategy is beyond understanding for some of these people.
You can bet on that.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

It's also beyond many posters in this thread.

Let's start naming names!

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

I will start. It's me.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Hockey doesn't have or need strategy.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
wait...

I thought you were just supposed to hit the mans with the black thingy.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

My strategy is to get two assists then get kicked out of the game for boarding. No getting yelled at for crappy plus minus and I get through the whole season way faster.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you
Welp. EASHL is broken after a "update". Poke check is almost guaranteed to be a penalty, and easy curve shot goal from the hash mark i back in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJDRMLheIRs

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Ugh the defensive AI while I'm playing my winger BAP is loving atrocious. I'll be covering my man on the point and their forwards will just cycle passes through my slot every 3 seconds and score almost every loving time I'm on the ice.

2G/3A, C+ overall because I only did a stride deke 7 times. gently caress you.

aunt jenkins
Jan 12, 2001

Was pretty frustrated last night since I'd been away from the game for a few days and was looking forward to playing again, only to have at least a full second of input lag. Frustrating to say the least to be always that far behind what was happening.

Did some checks and realized that apparently my connection had been degrading over time and I was only getting 2mbps from my ISP in prime time. Not used to that being a problem since I have fiber optic to my house. Apparently my ISP (Frontier) has massively oversold their network in my area and prime-time congestion has been a known issue for a month. :argh:

Tried it this morning at 6AM when I was getting my usual 50megs and it's like a different game. My passes are hitting, I actually have time to get decent shots off, etc. Also I can poke and stick lift effectively without taking penalties.

Apparently it'll be fixed "soon". :negative:

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
I know they're gonna tone it back but it isn't necessarily all bad that you can only poke check judiciously. I mean, it's not ideal, but having every poke that can't reach the puck be an auto-penalty isn't really that much worse than letting people just spam it blindly until one works. You really do have to change how you play though.

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos
Poke check is fine. You just have to actually time it correctly. I took one tripping call last night and it was a legit trip where I was beat and poked from behind.

Thunderhorse Z
Sep 29, 2010

We're in a tight spot.

eSports Chaebol posted:

I know they're gonna tone it back but it isn't necessarily all bad that you can only poke check judiciously. I mean, it's not ideal, but having every poke that can't reach the puck be an auto-penalty isn't really that much worse than letting people just spam it blindly until one works. You really do have to change how you play though.

Yeah I got two or three during a HUT game last night and they were all because I pokechecked from behind. Basically you have to treat it like the stick life and time it because if you spam stick lift same thing happens, penalty after penalty.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

yea new tuner is great guys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IL_6aFzdFM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJGoaJqufhY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vhr4VmbmEk

But at least they made the goalie cover the short side goals now.

http://www.gfycat.com/RelievedGreedyHackee

Southpaw
Mar 9, 2006

My God, that is fantastic.

Some clear unsportsmanlike penalties for diving in those other clips.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

holy loving poo poo hahahahah that honestly may beat out warning getting hip checked out of the arena

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

https://twitter.com/Rammer34/status/649004928501858304

yay.

Supposedly live.

Doctor Butts fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Sep 30, 2015

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

I finally got my copy from Amazon 2 weeks late. Is there something up with HUT right now? I tried to make my team yesterday and again today but it says it can't connect (PS4).

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Yeah that happens but at least in my case I could play in couple hours.

SAMB0
Jul 9, 2004

Space Bear.
Destroyer of Worlds.
Any of the dozers around tonight for some games?

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

:allears:https://youtu.be/GIQn8pab8Vc?t=238:allears:

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Confirmed. Game is unbroken.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Hockles posted:

Confirmed. Game is unbroken.

This would have been much nicer last night when I was trying to make the cut to make the big team and instead took 14 minute sin tripping penalties. :argh:

Also Hockles teach me how to make a custom roster. I want to run a quick and dirty sim of our re-draft we did over the summer to see who made the worst team (it was MACHO MAN).

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
After fighting EA against skill stick for a few years, I gave in.

Skill Stick owns. I'm loving this game now.

Any EASHL groups open on PS4?

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

Dubious posted:

After fighting EA against skill stick for a few years, I gave in.

Skill Stick owns. I'm loving this game now.

Any EASHL groups open on PS4?

inferis posted:

If anyone is still looking for a club on PS4, I made one. It's called Kitten Party on US West, my psn name is tannerwheat if you want to add me.

There are a few more straggelers around too

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Last night the neighborhood couldn't get a game going from what I saw but idk, I guess they are full.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

That's because we have a bunch of whiny lovely babies. Too many whiny lovely babies. And we've had 5-7 each night for the last week you awful troll you.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Last night there was only AJ and someone later literally said "glad we cut all those guys" or whatever so I don't know

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
So would a goon club take in me (obviously a goon) and a friend or two (not goons)? We're tired of playing with only 2 or 3 people on a team :(

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I dunno either I was playing real hockey.

Maybe if sba hadn't thrown a console tantrum, split the team, then announced his whiny retirement.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

How do you guys get so much drama going in this dumb, lovely, easy game :smug:

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Soft Shell Crab posted:

How do you guys get so much drama going in this dumb, lovely, easy game :smug:

I'm 25-2-5 in online vs. play lol :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

I once went fifty straight wins on vs. :smug: And then got my rear end kicked on top 100.

• Locked thread