Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Fried Chicken posted:

The one for this year is this year's municipal election

To be fair he might have a shot at that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

zoux posted:

I think the shillary guy probably has a pretty good grasp on the reality of politics, actually.

i wonder if he even has the ability to write hillary without seizing up until he adds the colons

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

sudo rm -rf posted:

right, my point is that dalael might be a moron.

Yep I was agreeing with you, minus the "might be" qualifier

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

zoux posted:

To be fair he might have a shot at that one.

Too late, Bernie hasn't lived in New York for 18 months prior.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

sudo rm -rf posted:

Wouldn't the general election deadlines be for October 2016? New York isn't going to require people to register over a year in advance.

True believers vote for Sanders every year. :colbert:

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Gravel Gravy posted:

Too late, Bernie hasn't lived in New York for 18 months prior.

drat sneaky :shillary: :argh:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I prefer Bernie to Hillary too but I'm struggling to see the difference between Hillary and Obama policy wise that would make her so much more offensive...

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
OKay.. Let me rephrase what this meme should say. I realise its confusing and not everyone knows this. People have until October 9th to register as democrats. New York has closed primairies therefore, people not registered as democrats cannot vote for Sanders, Hillary or anyone else who is on the democratic ballot.

Does that make more sense? FIne, the meme is misleading.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

She voted for and supported the Iraq war which either shows a horrible lack of judgment or a disturbing amorality and lack of character.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's going to be cool irony when Hillary gets PUMA'd by Bernlords after the primary.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

euphronius posted:

She voted for and supported the Iraq war which either shows a horrible lack of judgment or a disturbing amorality and lack of character.

I agree that a vote for the Iraq war should be disqualifying for the presidency but it's clearly not... Her morality/character or lack thereof is pretty irrelevant.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Gravel Gravy posted:

Wait so first you were pissed at there being 22 less, now we are just down to 2 then?

Also, how many candidates again?

Might?

Omg.. just how retarded are you?

THere was 26 debates total in 2008 for all those candidates. 6 of those debates, were for Hillary Clinton and Obama alone.
Now, there's 6 debates total.

Yes there may be less candidates than in 2008, but it still doesn;t change the fact that 6 debates is not enough, and almost everyone agrees except for HIllary shills. 4 out of those 6 debates are at trully horrible dates.

Opulent Ceremony
Feb 22, 2012
Do you need to be a registered Dem to vote in the primary in California?

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

Bernie is a great guy with great ideas but the notion that the only thing holding him back is Hillary's dirty tricks :argh: is wrong.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Dalael posted:

THere was 26 debates total in 2008 for all those candidates. 6 of those debates, were for Hillary Clinton and Obama alone.

Yes there may be less candidates than in 2008, but it still doesn;t change the fact that 6 debates is not enough, and almost everyone agrees except for HIllary shills. 4 out of those 6 debates are at trully horrible dates.

What makes you the expert on horrible dates?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Opulent Ceremony posted:

Only if you want to vote for a democratic candidate.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

mcmagic posted:

I agree that a vote for the Iraq war should be disqualifying for the presidency but it's clearly not... Her morality/character or lack thereof is pretty irrelevant.

I was just talking about substantive differences between her and Obama.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Dalael posted:

Just so you know, there were 6 debates between Obama and Clinton alone. Now there's 6 debates total for all candidates.

Okay so since 2=6, and we now have, what... potentially 6 candidates on the dem side (chafee, lessig, omalley, biden potentially) you want to have 3 times that? So you want 18 debates?

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

mcmagic posted:

I agree that a vote for the Iraq war should be disqualifying for the presidency but it's clearly not.

Says who? I mean, doesn't each person get to decide that for themselves? I know for drat sure I won't vote for Clinton based on this. Her vote on Iraq was by far the most meaningful one she cast as a Senator and she got it 100% wrong.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Alligator Horse posted:

Who else is going to wash her feet?

:boom:

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Dalael posted:

OKay.. Let me rephrase what this meme should say. I realise its confusing and not everyone knows this. People have until October 9th to register as democrats. New York has closed primairies therefore, people not registered as democrats cannot vote for Sanders, Hillary or anyone else who is on the democratic ballot.

Does that make more sense? FIne, the meme is misleading.

Dalael is actually technically correct here. If you want to change your party registration in order to vote in the primaries, you must do so in such a way that your request is received BEFORE the general election prior to the primary you want to vote in. It's goofy and arbitrarily restrictive, but it's been that way for a while.

EDIT:

Opulent Ceremony posted:

Not for any of the offices covered by the top-two primary system. President and local party officials are the two exceptions where registration is required.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Unzip and Attack posted:

Says who? I mean, doesn't each person get to decide that for themselves? I know for drat sure I won't vote for Clinton based on this.

Says the majority of democratic voters?

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Dalael posted:

You keep refusing to acknowledge the number of candidates there are in this cycle. Even fewer when you name the ones that people are aware of. Far be it from me to accuse the guy of posting the political forward equivalent of a truther video of being misleading though.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

mcmagic posted:

Says the majority of democratic voters?

The majority of GOP voters think Islam should be outlawed. Better just cede that issue to them I guess.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

zoux posted:

What makes you the expert on horrible dates?

Look at the dates I've shown.

1st debate. 4 days after people no longer can register as a democrat. This can hurt all democratic candidate, including hillary. People who may be declared as independent or republicans will not be able to change their minds if they actually like what the candidates have to say.

2nd debate: on a saturday. Historically has less people watching TV than any other day.

3rd debate: The saturday rioght before Christmas. What do people do on that saturday? They shop, but they certainly don't watch debates.

4th: During the NFL Divisional Playoffs. A lot of people will chose to watch this over watching the debates.

Horrible dates. Deny it all you want.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Unzip and Attack posted:

The majority of GOP voters think Islam should be outlawed. Better just cede that issue to them I guess.

Do you uh, understand how elections work.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Unzip and Attack posted:

This isn't an argument to vote for her in the primary, I certainly won't be.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May
The fact that DWS isn't budging at all on the number/dates of the debates is proof enough even without the obvious lovely schedule. This isn't some tinfoil conspiracy BS, it's obvious DWS is in the tank for Hillary. It's hilarious to me that this is even in doubt.

zoux posted:

Do you uh, understand how elections work.

No, please help me with more shitposts.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Oh man, Richards ripped up that Planned Parenthood Investigation panel.

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004

Dalael posted:

1st debate. 4 days after people no longer can register as a democrat. This can hurt all democratic candidate, including hillary. People who may be declared as independent or republicans will not be able to change their minds if they actually like what the candidates have to say.

2nd debate: on a saturday. Historically has less people watching TV than any other day.

3rd debate: The saturday rioght before Christmas. What do people do on that saturday? They shop, but they certainly don't watch debates.

4th: During the NFL Divisional Playoffs. A lot of people will chose to watch this over watching the debates.

Horrible dates. Deny it all you want.

Not many people were going to watch the debates anyway, HTH. Feel the Bern.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

CommieGIR posted:

I think probably that prolife people think she got chumped and prochoice people think she was the one doing the chumping. That is to say, this isn't an issue it's possible to sway opinion on.

punched my v-card at camp
Sep 4, 2008

Broken and smokin' where the infrared deer plunge in the digital snake

Dalael posted:

In one state! It's a national primary, and the number of people who would register in NY after a single debate is probably in the thousands, maaaybe low five digits. NYS has almost 20 million residents.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

DinosaurEggSalad posted:

In one state! It's a national primary, and the number of people who would register in NY after a single debate is probably in the thousands, maaaybe low five digits. NYS has almost 20 million residents.

Stop letting the truth get in the way of attacking the Anti-Christ!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

What's Clinton polling at in NY anyway, it's gotta be insanely high.

e: the most recent poll on 6/1 had her at 55% to Bernie's 15, no one's bothered to poll the state since.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747
So can we talk about how the Pope is still a hateful bigot and shouldn't be fawned over?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

pathetic little tramp posted:

Okay so since 2=6, and we now have, what... potentially 6 candidates on the dem side (chafee, lessig, omalley, biden potentially) you want to have 3 times that? So you want 18 debates?

No. I didn't say how many debates I want. I said 6 isn't enough.

Gravel Gravy posted:

You keep refusing to acknowledge the number of candidates there are in this cycle. Even fewer when you name the ones that people are aware of. Far be it from me to accuse the guy of posting the political forward equivalent of a truther video of being misleading though.

Okay. There's less candidates this year.

The known ones:

Lincoln Chafee
Hillary Clinton
Martin O'Malley
Bernie Sanders
Jim Webb

These are usually featured in the polls.

The following other "notable" individuals have taken one or both of the following actions: formally announced their candidacy; filed as a candidate with FEC.

Jeff Boss
Harry Braun
Lawrence Lessig
Robby Wells
Willie Wilson

I don't think I've seen them in any polls. Total, 10 candidates.

About half of the number for 2008, yet 1/4th the amount of debates. Say what you want, you're wrong.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
In a thread about corrupted politics and political machinery people are aghast at the slightest accusation that democrats could possibly use their organization to promote their preferred candidate. The DNC and DWS are bastions of political purity.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Mulva posted:

So can we talk about how the Pope is still a hateful bigot and shouldn't be fawned over?

I mean, if the fact the Pope opposes gay marriage is news to you...

zoux posted:

What's Clinton polling at in NY anyway, it's gotta be insanely high.

No see, if only the debate was held 5 days earlier, Sanders would win New York!

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Unzip and Attack posted:

The fact that DWS isn't budging at all on the number/dates of the debates is proof enough even without the obvious lovely schedule. This isn't some tinfoil conspiracy BS, it's obvious DWS is in the tank for Hillary. It's hilarious to me that this is even in doubt.

No, please help me with more shitposts.

Pretty much my point. The schedule however, nicely demonstrate the point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

CommieGIR posted:

To be fair, poo poo paper isn't known for its durability.

• Locked thread