Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Happy birthday 8bux.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I'm going to be that person but I don't get. Unless I'm overthinking it. Or I have no sense of humour, either or.

Pretty cool chart BK. I like where I am.

You poor guy

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

There's a fire drill at work today

This is the closest I'm getting to a paid break

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Our systems are down so I have been sitting around not doing anything for 43 minutes so far.
Granted, I don't normally do anything, but it's usually more difficult to make that happen

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Opopanax posted:

Our systems are down so I have been sitting around not doing anything for 43 minutes so far.
Granted, I don't normally do anything, but it's usually more difficult to make that happen

:justpost:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Opopanax posted:

I only get busy when the systems are down

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Kashuno posted:

this is me, usually

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Kashuno posted:

Come work for us and fix our chat platform asap so I don't have to go on the goddamn phones

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I am training new engineers today.

Normally I would be done with my assignment for the day and napping.

I am like 33% done.

:(

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy

BottleKnight posted:

Hufflepuff does not mean dumb.

pretty sure it does in my case

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Help mafia thread my coworker's having a baby shower at 12:30 on a Friday at the office conference room in a few weeks (???) and everyone in the office was just invited on a group email. Do I

- Assume that my presence as a 24-year old guy isn't desired and not get anything (potentially looking like a cheap rear end in a top hat)
- Assume that this is like a mandatory thing, get something from the registry, and duck out asap because my presence is totally not desired there (potentially looking like a total weirdo for showing up where I have no business being)

I feel like someone without weird social anxiety issues would be able to tell what the obvious expected one of these but vOv

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
is she a good friend? if not, ignore it and leave a gift on her desk the next day.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
the day after the event i mean.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Power of Pecota posted:

Help mafia thread my coworker's having a baby shower at 12:30 on a Friday at the office conference room in a few weeks (???) and everyone in the office was just invited on a group email. Do I

- Assume that my presence as a 24-year old guy isn't desired and not get anything (potentially looking like a cheap rear end in a top hat)
- Assume that this is like a mandatory thing, get something from the registry, and duck out asap because my presence is totally not desired there (potentially looking like a total weirdo for showing up where I have no business being)

I feel like someone without weird social anxiety issues would be able to tell what the obvious expected one of these but vOv

Was it like an outlook meeting invitation? If so, decline the invite and ignore ever mentioning it.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I like my place on that chart.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
If you personally know her then you're obligated to get something off the registry. If you're going to go and don't personally know her buy her a funny gift or nothing at all. She won't care if you didn't buy her a gift if she doesn't even know you

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Power of Pecota posted:

Ask the inviting party whether they'd like you to be there for reason #1. If they say yes, go and have a good time. If they say no, maybe get them a gift certificate for ice cream or w/e.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Power of Pecota posted:

Boy have you come to the right place :v:

e: taste is right

Pinterest Mom fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Sep 30, 2015

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Since everyone else has given good advice, I feel obligated to give bad advice:

You should go and hit on the pregnant lady. You know she puts out and she can't get double pregnant.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

TMMadman posted:

Since everyone else has given good advice, I feel obligated to give bad advice:

You should go and hit on the pregnant lady. You know she puts out and she can't get double pregnant.

:waycool:

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
If ladies can't get double pregnant then how do twins work?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The ovum splits or something

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

BottleKnight posted:

I have updated the mafia chart with new people that I have played games with!

Same disclaimer as last time:

GIMMICK THEFT

Less chill than Jake, you're silly

Rarity fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Sep 30, 2015

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Rarity posted:

GIMMICK THEFT

Mills will be very angry about his placement on this chart.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
someone who is a math should compare the two charts and see how strongly they correlate.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Well, the axes won't line up at all, you've got "Emotional - Calm" on one and "Emotional - Intellectual" on the other, "Positive - Negative" and "Serious - Not Serious", all of which could have different values for the same person.

Like someone who calmly shitposts is going to be calm on the E-C axis, but probably more towards the middle of the E-I axis, since it's more of a play to make someone mad to shitpost than it is to debate with actual logic.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
ok someone who is a math but not as math as allen should do the thing.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

EccoRaven posted:

someone who is a math should compare the two charts and see how strongly they correlate.

Well we can see here that by drawing a line of fit between the two placements of Opop and fitting the co-ordinates into a 3D Pythagorean matrix that we get empirical proof that Ecco is a buttwipe.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Rarity posted:

we get empirical proof that Ecco is a buttwipe.

wow rude?? what is with people ruding at me lately.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

EccoRaven posted:

It's not me, it's science :(

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

ok someone who is a math but not as math as allen should do the thing.

EccoRaven posted:

wow rude

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

you're like 10 math but this is very unscientific so we need someone who is only like 6 math. I am a 1 math so it is beyond my capacity.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
where is the fart quadrant of the chart, whats where i am

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Allen Wren posted:

Well, the axes won't line up at all, you've got "Emotional - Calm" on one and "Emotional - Intellectual" on the other, "Positive - Negative" and "Serious - Not Serious", all of which could have different values for the same person.

Like someone who calmly shitposts is going to be calm on the E-C axis, but probably more towards the middle of the E-I axis, since it's more of a play to make someone mad to shitpost than it is to debate with actual logic.

You could check to see if they are orthogonal though and basically do a factor analysis on the whole thing.

Sodomeow
Sep 26, 2015

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

There's a fire drill at work today

This is the closest I'm getting to a paid break

Its called pooping

Rarity posted:

GIMMICK THEFT

BK chart supremecy

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Sodomeow posted:

BK chart supremecy
tentatively agreeing but if we find they have surprising correlations then it wouldn't be intellectually consistent to like BK's but hate on Rarity's (even though rarity is apparently a hateful person irl?? the science is still out).

Asiina posted:

You could check to see if they are orthogonal though and basically do a factor analysis on the whole thing.

yes thank you this is the kind of math language I was thinking of.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I like my spot on BK's chart and especially like that it's basically the inverse of Kumba since we have recently determined we are intellectually linked

Sodomeow
Sep 26, 2015
I actually like the Axis' used on BKs more, and find the axis' in raritys to be borderline insulting

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
since I can't find myself on Rarity's chart I say BK wins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
finally got an av.