Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

FirstPlayer posted:

*dolphin noises*

That's a two-packer. You're officially in porpoise and upwards territory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slappy Pappy
Oct 15, 2003

Mighty, mighty eagle soaring free
Defender of our homes and liberty
Bravery, humility, and honesty...
Mighty, mighty eagle, rescue me!
Dinosaur Gum
I took all of your expert advice and rolled 3 while leading a conference call with my CEO, my CIO and a few project managers.

Verdandi and Zuoh dupes plus Krishna. Not bad I guess but would have been happier with a Shiva.

Brood
May 27, 2007
Pip Pip, Wot Wot
So is it worth using L.Kali as a leader these days? It seems all the teams I ever see with her are as a sub role.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Brood posted:

So is it worth using L.Kali as a leader these days? It seems all the teams I ever see with her are as a sub role.

She's still really good. As long as you're doing prongs you'll be fine.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Farmed low-level challenge stuff for stones to take another roll.

Silver egg. What the gently caress is an exa-hydra. gently caress you rem.

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

Spent all my stones this god fest, all golds.

L Kali #3 (Kali dupes are always welcome)
Akechi Mitsuhide
Rozuel
Leilan #2 (Chinese dupes are always welcome)
Ishida Mitsunari
Ishida Mitsunari #2

Brood
May 27, 2007
Pip Pip, Wot Wot

trucutru posted:

She's still really good. As long as you're doing prongs you'll be fine.

Would it be worth it to focus on getting L.Kali swole as a leader, or just stay the course with either Levi or DuelMasters Dragon for my primary combo leader?

https://www.padherder.com/user/BroodJP/monsters/

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

lesbian baphomet posted:

Farmed low-level challenge stuff for stones to take another roll.

Silver egg. What the gently caress is an exa-hydra. gently caress you rem.

Welcome to the REM game, son!! :getin:

coaxmetal
Oct 21, 2010

I flamed me own dad
After whaling a bit today, I have a ton of new poo poo. I can make a ra team now, and I'm looking to make some others. On the teams page on my padherder i have a few teams I'm messing around with, any suggestions?

https://www.padherder.com/user/coaxmetal/

besides those, im also looking to make a blue team of some sort, maybe leading with U&Y? Also maybe a typhon team.

I did finally get an lkali which is what i needed (though another would be even better), after like, 3 packs. Got a 2nd dkali during that too. And enough MP To buy a dragon, think im going to wait for Ra though.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Artificer posted:

Welcome to the REM game, son!! :getin:

The bright side: I used the 3,000 MP it was worth to buy the second Ancient Blue Mask i needed to uvo Andromeda.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Got nothing I wanted, not even Yukimura or Uriel (my Gadius team is either of those away from being amazing). I DID get Minerva though... a few days AFTER I feed away that Zeus Vulcan sitting in my box. God drat it.

I'm considering using all this MP I've gotten to buy evo materials so I can spend my stamina on skill ups and king dragons. I don't really want any of the current or upcoming whale dragons, so should I go for it?

Skyridge fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Sep 30, 2015

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
Okay, so here's the total so far:

DQXQ
Shaitan
Blazing CyberDagrong Thuban
Anima
Ares
Fire Wizard, Laila
Anubis
Flame-Winged CyberBeast, Markab
The Norn Urd

78 stones left, no clue what else I'd be dropping these stones on otherwise, not terribly far into the game and mostly running Ronia teams. Keep pulling?

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything
So I feed my Kaede 297 plus eggs. I don't regret it at all. My god she hits hard. Cleared challenge seven with bastet and almost got 8.screwed up a combo on belial.

Does kaede fit into the evo mat skill rotation?

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Cleared the Dark Cat Dragon for the stone and rolled again for my first DQXQ on my main. I'm not sure that I can use this now.

I already evo'd the one on my alt into DQ in preparation for Awoken Amaterasu. I know I'm making one there since I have 3. I've only got one Amaterasu on my main and I really like Attackerasu. On the other hand I don't have any skill ups on her.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Meldonox posted:

Okay, so here's the total so far:

DQXQ
Shaitan
Blazing CyberDagrong Thuban
Anima
Ares
Fire Wizard, Laila
Anubis
Flame-Winged CyberBeast, Markab
The Norn Urd

78 stones left, no clue what else I'd be dropping these stones on otherwise, not terribly far into the game and mostly running Ronia teams. Keep pulling?

You've got some nice red stuff for an early team. Run Urd as leader since she can pair with whatever buffs red (probably another Urd or AShiva). Ronia and Ares are good subs. Throw in whatever other red stuff looks fun.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Brood posted:

Would it be worth it to focus on getting L.Kali swole as a leader, or just stay the course with either Levi or DuelMasters Dragon for my primary combo leader?

https://www.padherder.com/user/BroodJP/monsters/

L.Kali is the second best monster (after her sis) to +egg in the game, since she's a superior sub that works well in pretty much any rainbow team so yeah, work on her.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Just tried Izanami Descended on Mythical for the first time (potential free stone) and it was actually pretty easy. No stamina or will to do it again to start skilling her up though

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

lesbian baphomet posted:

The bright side: I used the 3,000 MP it was worth to buy the second Ancient Blue Mask i needed to uvo Andromeda.

I really don't think you should buy anything farmable using the MP store. Hell you can get the mask in the PAL machine, even.

Rlazgoth
Oct 10, 2003
I attack people at random.
I got one of these today:

http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=2190

I had no idea this thing even existed. This looks like a pretty good Shiva sub, but doesn't seem like there's any way to skill it up in US at the moment. What are the odds of the skillup monster dungeon coming to the US in the foreseeable future?

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Artificer posted:

I really don't think you should buy anything farmable using the MP store. Hell you can get the mask in the PAL machine, even.

I doubt I could even beat mythical mask dungeon yet (maybe if I ended up with a really good gadius board on the last floor), much less farm it. And unless I were saving for shiva dragon (which I doubt I'd ever build up enough MP for even if I gave a poo poo about him), I don't see much point in waiting months or more to roll a super rare evo item from PAL when I could just solve the problem and have a more effective monster now.

Jewels are a more difficult choice since they're so much more expensive, but spending only 3000 to finish uvos I've been waiting ages for (I did the same thing with ronia's red fruits, since PAL only ever gave me blue/green) is one of the best uses of those points that I can imagine.

coaxmetal
Oct 21, 2010

I flamed me own dad

Rlazgoth posted:

I had no idea this thing even existed. This looks like a pretty good Shiva sub, but doesn't seem like there's any way to skill it up in US at the moment. What are the odds of the skillup monster dungeon coming to the US in the foreseeable future?

Yeah the cyberdragons are new, added last event or something. People like to poo poo on them but they all seem like decent/good subs. Hopefully they will get skillups though. Skilling up is the worst part of the game and there are now a ton of things without farmable skill ups.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Rlazgoth posted:

It is in the next biweekly rotation after cat dragons

Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!
So uhh, can I do anything cool with three Tsubaki? Maybe as ILM subs?

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

coaxmetal posted:

Skilling up is the worst part of the game and there are now a ton of things without farmable skill ups.

Things I have that I might use if I could skill them up: Kaede, Mitsunari (double-haste full board change with healing: yes, please. 18 turn cooldown: no, thank you), Ganesha (I need a good light prong leader. I have so many great subs in that category).

Also, I pulled Andromeda from a special REM ages ago (school or beach, I forget which had them), and I haven't seen blue sprite show up in coins or event rotation once.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Artificer posted:

I would buy Dub-Topalits if they sold them.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
I got one roll and got Ronia; rip my H.S.Luci cast down from the hights of leaderdom into the depths of subdom.

mom's account got verd on one of her two rolls, so I can be happy she has a usable lead now.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Rolled a lmetatron on alt account.
I have 3x light Kali, a Sun quan, and a Famiel?

Worth keeping?

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it.
Roll until PADZ trash got me 2x Phoenix Rider, a third Satsuki, a D Meta, and (finally, gloriously) a D Kali (and a zeta hydra, but lol). A++ godfest, would roll again.

IntelligibleChoir
Mar 3, 2009
I've sold off two or three leilans so far - i have two remaining. And then i pull an ilm. Oh well.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
Pulled a Akechi Mitsuhide among other things. This looks like a really good dark sub for Pandora and the like. Needs skillups though.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体
I need a light jewel in JP. Does the PAD Z collab count as a descend for spirit jewel invades? I don't see any others besides today's rush.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

NextTime000 posted:

I got one roll and got Ronia; rip my H.S.Luci cast down from the hights of leaderdom into the depths of subdom.

mom's account got verd on one of her two rolls, so I can be happy she has a usable lead now.

Your MOTHER plays? That's pretty cool. Is she pretty into the game?

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
I had 10 stones to roll.

Viper Orochi
Goddess of power Kali

They're both good I suppose, but I really have no use for them yet. Maybe If I pull some leaders for them one day.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

maou shoujo posted:

I need a light jewel in JP. Does the PAD Z collab count as a descend for spirit jewel invades? I don't see any others besides today's rush.

There is the new descended with the fire dude at the end. I guess it should have invades.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------

Artificer posted:

Your MOTHER plays? That's pretty cool. Is she pretty into the game?
no matter how many tips I give her, she still lapses back into playing like it's bejewled. dragging one orb into two others one move at a time.

that's why verd seems like a good leader for her; she at least knows how to make a match of the color of her team. I mostly just manage her found monsters and roll the PAL and REM machines for her while she just plays random areas, with a decent chance to just run whatever collab is up on novice.

she just like matchin' orbs. I got her to start after seeing her try random candy crush clone #3454322 and run into nasty paywall after nasty paywall.

she also really likes crossy road

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Velveteen posted:

Goddess of power Kali

good I suppose

Can't wait for Trucu to read this

Convergence
Apr 9, 2005
2 rolls taken while on the toilet, before pooping

Light Dragon Swordsman
Exa-Hydra

2 futher rolls taken, still on toilet, post poop

DMeta
Red Dragonbound, Gadius

Makes sense

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

trucutru posted:

There is the new descended with the fire dude at the end. I guess it should have invades.

It does not, in fact, have invades.

Zeta posted:

I loving FINALLY rolled a DKali today, at long last. I had to throw 6 85-packs at the REM, but I got one, and now I have it, and nobody can take it away from me. I immediately max-skilled her with the devilits I've been holding onto for half a year in anticipation of pulling her, and I have enough +eggs saved up to hypermax her, as well. But then I went to evo her and realized I was stymied by the lack of a single dub-rubylit.

During my whaling adventures, I also pulled (among other things):
The entire Sengoku series
Zuoh x3
Verdandi x4 (11 in total now)
LKali x3
Ronia x4
Blodin
Grodin
Kanna
Satsuki
Kaede
Sumire
Tsubaki x2

But those were all just dupes (except Sengoku). In total, the only new things I pulled were DKali, Pheonix Rider, Minerva, and Lu Bu. Now the only GFEs I'm missing are Typhon and Gronia, and I don't have any desire for them. I think the only thing I want from the REM now is...another DKali. It never ends.
Hey good work. You win this GF i think.

My biggest streak of luck in this game was pulling 3 dkalis in one pack almost a year ago when they were new and pretty lovely - no awoken ra or anything. I almost sold one or two out of "wtf am i going to use these for". Phew welp that's my story.

Nendil
Apr 4, 2005

3D movies are the dumbest fad since pull-ups.

maou shoujo posted:

PAD Z does have Light Jewel invades and Surtr (new descend) does not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I wish they made it easier to tell when your PAL points were topped off. JP been running a PAL event at 500 points per roll so the gauge actually maxes out at 40 instead of 99+ and I didn't realize.

• Locked thread