Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Germ
May 7, 2013

Hell, no. I'm not gonna be one of you goons who paints without stuff counting toward the Oath Thread.

OATH ADDITION

I, Germ the Germane, do solemnly OATH to paint these 3 Eldar Jetbikes (28ish mm) by GW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
I have already painted two things I should have oathed. NO MORE!

WhiteOutMouse posted:

I WhiteOutMouse Oath my starter set for Drop Zone Commadner that I got at nova, plus the HQ blister: 10mm scale, Hawke Minis
3x Neptune Medium Dropships
2x Ares Battle Walkers
2x Phobos Battle Walkers
2x Juno A1 APC's
2x Zeus Walkers
*Including the extra arms and crap for options.

Primed and (poorly) sprayed VMA yellow-orange color.

I hope to add some of the :butt: minis I got in the wrath of kings starter at nova as well later. But these are the minis that I plan on making look like GDI stuff:

I WhiteOutMouse ADD two Skorza Skirmishers and three War Dancers to my oath Coolmini-or-not minatures, 32mm.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Oath Complete! Claiming this month's jurnal for the Battlestar Galactica ships. Those ships are the first minis I have painted 100% with an airbrush. Pretty happy with the basestars and ressurection ship, not so much the Pegasus.

nesbit37 fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Sep 26, 2015

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
I, Dr. Gargunza, running just a teense late, oath (3) Ork Boyz and (1) Ork Nob! Games Workshop, 28mm. I'll be posting an after-conversion pic in the very near future.

The real challenge will be to see if I can get these dudes finished in time!

e: Actually, the real challenge will be to do anything that's half as good as nesbit37's Resurrection Ship, because that is some sweet iridescent glow on there. What scale did you say these were again?

Dr. Gargunza fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Sep 27, 2015

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Germ posted:

Hell, no. I'm not gonna be one of you goons who paints without stuff counting toward the Oath Thread.

OATH ADDITION

I, Germ the Germane, do solemnly OATH to paint these 3 Eldar Jetbikes (28ish mm) by GW.

WhiteOutMouse posted:

I have already painted two things I should have oathed. NO MORE!

I WhiteOutMouse ADD two Skorza Skirmishers and three War Dancers to my oath Coolmini-or-not minatures, 32mm.

Dr. Gargunza posted:

I, Dr. Gargunza, running just a teense late, oath (3) Ork Boyz and (1) Ork Nob! Games Workshop, 28mm. I'll be posting an after-conversion pic in the very near future.

Oaths Accepted!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
:siren: Your August Photo Album is here! :siren:

https://goo.gl/photos/KqWqJgxzqeaGYGfB9

Please have a look and make sure all your photos and models are included for the Judges to peruse and bemuse. I will send this link to the Judges in the next 24 hours!

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Indolent Bastard posted:

I, Indolent Bastard, Oath the following for September 2015:
1 (2 piece) Gothic Ruins from Games Workshop, 28mm
1 (5 piece) Ruined tower from Reaper Miniatures, 28mm

Oath Addition

1 Reaper Miniatures 28mm dude.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe

Dr. Gargunza posted:

As promised, here's the post-conversion pic.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Oath complete!

A bunch of heavily color-coded mercenaries. It's for easy recognition while playing, and I like the idea of a bunch of unscrupulous thugs going into battle wearing colorful scarves and sweaters that their mothers made them for christmas.

For the September challenge: Going for Ragnar Lothbrok from Vikings.

The pose is bad for Frostgrave, so I repositioned his arm and cut off his head to get rid of that stupid haircut:

Electric Hobo fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Sep 28, 2015

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

LazyAngel posted:

I , LazyAngel, oath for the month of September some PHR vehicles from Dropzone Commander; Two Juno IFVs (with magnetised turrets), and two Triton A1 dropships

LazyAngel posted:

Oath Addition!
Four PHR Neptune dropships, also from Dropzone Commander.

Oath Complete!

Bonus, fun with magnets;

Apologies for the lack of a clear picture of the Tritons - half my flight stands are too large to fit in the bases/widgets so need to work at them with a file. Decided not to put the orange stripe on the dropships as there wasn't anywhere that looked 'right'. Also had fun with the weathering liquids I picked up after Salute this year (found here) - they dry quick, opaque (or transparent, depending on the colour/effect), and are water soluble even after drying. Smell vile though, and need spray varnish to avoid re-wetting.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hey, I still have two days! Why the hell not.

For September, I Oath 6 Epic Eldar Support Weapon Stands

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
:siren:September oath complete.:siren:

Claiming theme challenge: Paint up something to do with a TV show you like! It can be a homage, character portrait, replica of a character or vehicle :siren:Anime is TV too!:siren:

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Indolent Bastard posted:

:siren:September oath complete.:siren:

Claiming theme challenge: Paint up something to do with a TV show you like! It can be a homage, character portrait, replica of a character or vehicle :siren:Anime is TV too!:siren:

Very anime! I'll double check before rolling off, but I think you are the second one for the anime inspired model.
If anyone wants a chance to win Relic Knight models time is running short.

Germ
May 7, 2013

September Oath Complete!

I'm using the Weeping Angels (ala Doctor Who) for the Theme Challenge.

Here's the Eldar stuff - The guns and gunshields on the Warwalkers are magnetized. The bases are cast by yours truly. I'm doing the list as the Void Dragon Corsairs, and want to see if I can do the entire army in 3 colors (bases excepted): red, bone, and black-blue.

I painted up the Reaper stuff so I'd have options to show off the statue plinth I did last month (or two month ago?)

Angelic

Creepy

Creepy Angel

Ahh!!!!

BobFish
Jan 16, 2004

Believe: The Sequel - This time it really will happen
September Oath Complete

Really happy with the lava effect on the Golem, not so much with the shield freehand, but the photography makes the former look crap and the latter quite good so what do I know!

When I move I will try for a more complex photography set-up than "All-the-lights-on-in-the-kitchen" approach, promise.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Indolent Bastard posted:

Oath Addition

1 Reaper Miniatures 28mm dude.
You've already done him of course but it's all good

Leperflesh posted:

Hey, I still have two days! Why the hell not.

For September, I Oath 6 Epic Eldar Support Weapon Stands

Dr. Gargunza posted:

As promised, here's the post-conversion pic.
And you're all good too!

Oaths Accepted!

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
Oath Complete! ish..

My bases haven't come in the mail, and I refuse to paint up a base I plan to replace almost immediately, so here you go.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Uroboros posted:

Oath Complete! ish..

I like the idea of this guy giving a drive-by power uppercut.

Lord Thrust
Jan 18, 2013

If you build a man a fire he'll be warm for a night.
If you set a man on fire he'll be warm for the rest of his short, painful life.
I Lord Thrust oath, for September 2015, this GW 28mm Chaos Cultist

He will look like Caillou, the Canadian children's television character, gone terribly wrong.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Oath Complete

Will repost better pictures in the morning when I have some better lighting, I just wanted to turn this in as soon as it was done. I swear it ain't that eye-searingly pink irl.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Oath Complete!

I've converted the Malifaux model "Envy" so that it's no longer a tiny old man pianist, but is instead DJ-NV, the hottest new DJ in all of Malifaux! The conversion is loosely based on Arcade Sona from League of Legends, for the Jurnal of including something from a video game.

I know I hosed up a lot of things on the model, not least her gigantic eyes. Unfortunately I didn't leave myself enough time to redo it this month, so you guys get to see the first draft, crazy eyes and all. I wasn't sure what to do on the music sheets, but eventually decided that "MINE MINE MINE GIVE IT TO ME" seems pretty envy-appropriate, and easy enough to fit on the tiny pages. The turntable is an original part of the model - I have no idea why it was there, when the fluff describes the giant steam spider organ thing as having a semi-circular keyboard.

I'm using the Reaper Dancer as a proxy for the unreleased Malifaux "Ice Dancer" model, featuring the same blue skin, silver jewellery, and lack of clothing as the original art.

It's weird that I managed to do acceptable skin tones in blue, but not in real people colours.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Lord Thrust posted:

I Lord Thrust oath, for September 2015, this GW 28mm Chaos Cultist

He will look like Caillou, the Canadian children's television character, gone terribly wrong.

Oath Accepted! Better hurry!

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Since I'm bad at both painting and pattern recognition, I will paint this champion in 24 hours

The grey-er part is an ork skull from the sniper scouts. I put it there because I hate tiny, this-is-definitely-a-bolt-pistol pistol holsters.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Complete
And god did I hate this model.....

Claiming the Journal and Anime for the Arcadia from Captain Harlock.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

JcDent posted:

Since I'm bad at both painting and pattern recognition, I will paint this champion in 24 hours

The grey-er part is an ork skull from the sniper scouts. I put it there because I hate tiny, this-is-definitely-a-bolt-pistol pistol holsters.

Oath Accepted!

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

Oath Breaker about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
Oath failed :(
I only managed to finish one of my two spacemans.

Still, I'm reasonably happy with it. Although I think I could have pushed the red shading a bit darker. Particularly on the powerfist.
Lessons learnt. I'll do better with the next lot.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Thanks for making my oathed tower look like total rear end in comparison :smith:

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Arson Fire posted:

Oath failed :(
I only managed to finish one of my two spacemans.

Still, I'm reasonably happy with it. Although I think I could have pushed the red shading a bit darker. Particularly on the powerfist.
Lessons learnt. I'll do better with the next lot.

Your walking library looks better than man space man, though I consider him finished in that I refuse to put any more work into it.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
And additional oath complete!

I'm claiming the theme challenge too please. These are all taken directly from the Batman Arkham Asylum game and Victor Zsasz on the left there has appeared in the Gotham TV show in his pre-Asylum days. I was trying for something that was neither tones of black/grey/dark blue nor the typical Blackgate prison orange that is very common in the Batman game. I was shooting for grubby off-white straight jackets instead.

I did take loads more pics but they all turned out to be crap for some reason. I was trying to show Zsasz's 'marks' and my attempts at palid lunatic musculature but most the pics came out too damned blurry. My camera seemed to be struggling with the lighting and locking onto the lighter colours. :/

Ugleb posted:

Oath complete!

I'd like to claim Speed Painting for this please.

Ugleb posted:

Oath addition!

Finally got around to making my bases and spraying!

I Ugleb hereby additionally oath Victor Zsasz and Arkham Lunatics set for the Batman Miniatures Games by Knight Models, 32mm scale.

Ugleb fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Sep 30, 2015

Germ
May 7, 2013

Signal posted:

Oath Complete
And god did I hate this model.....

Claiming the Journal and Anime for the Arcadia from Captain Harlock.

That is awesome. Is it for a game or "just" a model-model?

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Germ posted:

That is awesome. Is it for a game or "just" a model-model?

Just a model, a friend of mine asked me to paint it for his birthday, but the garage kit is definitely not the easiest thing I've assembled.

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

:commissar:THIS HATEFUL OATH IS COMPLETE

EDIT: FORGOT THE DUMB WOOKIE

THEME

This dumb oath that I didn't have time for and I didn't like doing and bad models that I thoroughly half assed.

Gareth Gobulcoque fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Sep 30, 2015

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
And yet, they look good!

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

OATH COMPLETE

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
Oath Cmplete!

Part one, Drop Zone Commander:

Theme:
Looking like GDI from the more walkerish time of Tiberium Sun.

I hated this part. I oathed too much so it was nothing but batch work and on models that did not speak to me. I don't think I am cut out for less than 28mm games since I can't get into them as much. The more zoomed out the less 'narrative' I feel.

Now on to the stuff I had fun painting:

Linked for PAINFULLY large. These non-cellphone cameras really make you sad with the level of detail they pick out. I know I am not much of a painter but when you compare your work to the super close ups of Jen Haley's minis it hurts a lot. I know I barely spend any time and I just use table top standard techniques but drat.

The models are ok. They are very similar to mantic restic, but maybe a touch stiffer. There were more mold lines than I realized once the primer was there. I tried to remove them but I was just ready to paint at that point. Some parts had basically no detail at all, the left side of the female werewolf's mouth where teeth and gums were supposed to be. I kinda had to just paint colors to make the illusion of detail, but those areas were few, but it was a problem I see with the medium.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Oath Complete

For the jurnal, I've added a couple of tributes to favourite tv shows.

Look, one pirate has stolen Dr House's jacket!

Another pinched his from Vyvyan from the Young Ones

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Oath Complete

Jurnul is for the symbol on the big guy:

Which relates to the show heroes:

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Oath Comp- Wha?!

Jem and the Holograms!?

the Misfits!

I'm claiming this month's Jurnal for these Witch Elves' resemblance to the stars of an 80's cartoon I tragically overlooked as a kid, but recently discovered as an adult.

I'd also like to throw in for Anime. What! Moths you dum-dum, Jem was an American cartoon! And while it was, "The animation for most of the episodes was provided by the Japanese animation studio Toei Doga (Toei Animation)."

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

moths posted:

I'd also like to throw in for Anime. What! Moths you dum-dum, Jem was an American cartoon! And while it was, "The animation for most of the episodes was provided by the Japanese animation studio Toei Doga (Toei Animation)."

To be fair, the best anime in those days were made by the french.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
OATH COMPLETE!

Challenge

Necromancer Rick and overweight hypnotoad from Rick & Morty and Futurama respectively.

Anime

Marisa from Touhou

• Locked thread