Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best K-On?
This poll is closed.
Mio 26 18.18%
Yui 21 14.69%
Ritsu 30 20.98%
Azusa 17 11.89%
Mugi 49 34.27%
Total: 143 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im glad you posted a selfie, pon alien

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Budget Prefuse posted:

owarimonogatari hasnt even aired yet you monster
I'm not going to change it today, I'm just saying I'll probably be the one to break away first.

Whenever it happens.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
.hack//sign was boring and I can't believe bee train still exists in any capacity

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Unfortunate butt.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

oh, so this is the original. every translation has been of the "cute girl" edit, so i kept getting confused whenever i saw this.

and

Endorph posted:

im glad you posted a selfie, pon alien

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Blockhouse posted:

.hack//sign was boring and I can't believe bee train still exists in any capacity

Yes but https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfwJOyfmXj4

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Endorph posted:

because rokka sold like poo poo

i want her to transcend her show's bad performance

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dogsicle posted:

i want her to transcend her show's bad performance

she's phi from virtue's last reward, but with bigger boobs

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

i'm glad, because hyouge mono was Epic

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

alt., she's white shinobu from no more heroes

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

all those girls are goiod

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Endorph posted:

You say that like it's a bad thing

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i was trying to say he could just get a figma of one of those but then i realize none of them have figmas either

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the anti-white haired girl discrimination continues

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

It was weird to me learning most of what I liked about Phi was apparently invented by the localization team.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Bee Train did three shows about lesbians with guns, so they're okay by me

Only one of them was actually good though.

And good is stretching it a bit

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Sharkopath posted:

Unfortunate butt.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

It was weird to me learning most of what I liked about Phi was apparently invented by the localization team.

what was it?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Endorph posted:

i was trying to say he could just get a figma of one of those but then i realize none of them have figmas either

i like her hat and outfit a lot. though either of those spiky white haired girls would be good figures too

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Bad Seafood posted:

I'm inclined to think that's a fairly common occurrence for things that are not fan-translated beforehand.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

Unfortunate butt.

Thats my arch-nemesis

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The battle tech game got a million in 1 day, Im glad.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

the wildest rear end posted:

Thats my arch-nemesis

We should start a fund to help people who have unfortunate butt.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Davincie posted:

the mc in this has a wheelchair-bound sister. you don't see a lot of disabled people in manga

ever heard of a little manga called fragile and tough

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Endorph posted:

Phi is extremely good

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Cripple moe.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Also I missed the sig page so I'm going to do that now.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

season two of Rokka should just be Flamie petting small animals

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

yo

Blockhouse posted:

I enjoyed it a bunch and I am glad I watched it, even though it could probably have been done better in half the episodes

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

wu-tang ain't nothing to gently caress with

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Somebody post the page of some guys making the perfect girl: a retard cyborg maid in a wheelchair shaking a baby rattle.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

pon alien posted:

Somebody post the page of some guys making the perfect girl: a retard cyborg maid in a wheelchair shaking a baby rattle.
dont sign your posts

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwu-E3QbpGE

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Motto posted:

what was it?
Allegedly in the original Japanese her dialogue and general demeanor is just really dry most of the time with an occasional dash of mysteriousness, so the American translators (with Uchikoshi's blessing) punched up a lot of her dialogue, giving her a lot more personality.

As someone who enjoyed English Phi's composed but wry personality, trading jabs and snipes with Sigma, it was a bit of a shock at the time learning how much of that was flat out just invented by the localization team, though in retrospect I suppose it shouldn't have been that big of a surprise.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

She was a ghost too.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Parallax posted:

season two of Rokka should just be Flamie petting small animals

if "petting small animals" is a euphemism for kissing adlet then i agree

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

Allegedly in the original Japanese her dialogue and general demeanor is just really dry most of the time with an occasional dash of mysteriousness, so the American translators (with Uchikoshi's blessing) punched up a lot of her dialogue, giving her a lot more personality.

As someone who enjoyed English Phi's composed but wry personality, trading jabs and snipes with Sigma, it was a bit of a shock at the time learning how much of that was flat out just invented by the localization team, though in retrospect I suppose it shouldn't have been that big of a surprise.

i hear that a lot, the original script being dry and being given more "life" in the localization.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Bad Seafood posted:

On the other hand don't believe anything you hear about localization changes

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I forget where I read it, exactly, but I had reason to believe it was trustworthy information at the time.

It's been awhile though, I'll admit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Endorph posted:

[wu-tang ain't nothing to gently caress with

The wu-tang clan must be asexual, huh.

• Locked thread