Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
From what goons have told me and what I can gather on my own, she's a one off character. Which means she'll have her own book in 2016.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

All the rights to characters and concepts, including those that haven't even been created yet, will be strictly outlined in contracts at the time. Who owns the Blue Area of the Moon? You can bet they know exactly who does and it's in a contract somewhere.

Feige said last year there will be a few instances in the future where they will need to sort out who gets what but he didn't say what.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

What exactly do you guys think is the second body in the sky if she's on the moon?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Aphrodite posted:

What exactly do you guys think is the second body in the sky if she's on the moon?

COUNTER-EARTH

(I don't know)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Nick Fury's space clubhouse.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Hah if she were on counter earth and running from the high evolutionary that would be something. Hell, why not? They'll never wanna touch that in the movies, you could easily hamstring some connection between the high evolutionary and inhumans.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Ego

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
This might be a dumb question but did Simmons covering up the cut/blood on her head with dirt mean anything. Not too familiar with comics is there anything that hunts based on blood or something.

greatn posted:

There's like a fuckton of fictional and real creatures that can track the scent of blood.

I'm aware was just talking Marvel specific, i.e. it jumped out to someone that is familiar with the comics.

mikeraskol fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Oct 1, 2015

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

mikeraskol posted:

This might be a dumb question but did Simmons covering up the cut/blood on her head with dirt mean anything. Not too familiar with comics is there anything that hunts based on blood or something.

It probably did, but I don't think it has anything specific to the comics.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

mikeraskol posted:

There's like a fuckton of fictional and real creatures that can track the scent of blood.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

mikeraskol posted:

I'm pretty loving excited about this show.

Yeah, Alias is literally the first comic series I ever read. I really really want it to be good.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

mikeraskol posted:

Maybe, but clay is also said to be good for wounds so it could just be that.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

greatn posted:

Hah if she were on counter earth and running from the high evolutionary that would be something. Hell, why not? They'll never wanna touch that in the movies, you could easily hamstring some connection between the high evolutionary and inhumans.

In a just world, the Guardians would run into her.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I thought the high evolutionary was like a Dr. Zaius type dude, my only exposure being Spider-Man Unlimited the short lived cartoon they made as a response to Batman Beyond.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

greatn posted:

I thought the high evolutionary was like a Dr. Zaius type dude, my only exposure being Spider-Man Unlimited the short lived cartoon they made as a response to Batman Beyond.

The High Evolutionary is a character that writers can't really agree on. Sometimes he's helpful to the downtrodden, sometimes he's just neutral to it all, and sometimes he's mustache twirling evil.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Yeah, I remember Fraction having High Evolutionary team up with Magneto and giving him some form of powers way back in Fraction's X-Men run. That always seemed odd to me.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
My one major concern about Jessica Jones is that Melissa Rosenberg, despite a long career in television, has only had one prior gig as showrunner, Red Widow. It got pretty poor reviews.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
She wasn't explicitly the showrunner on Dexter, but she ran the writer's room, meaning she had a major hand in the creative part (the showrunner duties tend to be as much focused on the production aspects like budget and location) and that was during the time when that show had all the buzz that it pissed away in the second half of it's run. Plus looking at Red Widow's premise and reviews... It was never going to work on network TV. For the premise to have any bite, it would've needed to have been a female-driven version of Breaking Bad, but network demands mean the heroine has to be, well, heroic and not alienate the audience.

Not saying Jessica Jones will be perfect, but you may as well say the show will be campy shlock based on the fact she worked on Hercules: The Legendary Journeys and Birds of Prey... OK, that last one doesn't bode... well, but still!

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Well, this sounds silly, I know, but I vaguely know a Professional Hollywood Insider who's been trash-talking the show and Rosenberg's talents for a while now.

Hopefully, he's just to Jessica Jones what Devin Faraci was to Daredevil.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't think anyone's actually seen it yet that doesn't work for Marvel or Netflix.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

My uncle who works for Marvel says it's going to be dope as hell.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
My uncle is Stan Lee and he kept asking me who is this Jessica Jones broad he doesn't remember creating her. I told him he doesn't create everything and he just grabbed my shirt collar and yelled "I created YOU".

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

greatn posted:

My uncle is Stan Lee and he kept asking me who is this Jessica Jones broad he doesn't remember creating her. I told him he doesn't create everything and he just grabbed my shirt collar and yelled "I created YOU".

Weird way to find out who your real father is.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Not believable, Stan would claim he created her in 1974 after Roy Thomas begged him.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I thought Bob Kane was my dad forever, was not happy about my new last name.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Codependent Poster posted:

The High Evolutionary is a character that writers can't really agree on. Sometimes he's helpful to the downtrodden, sometimes he's just neutral to it all, and sometimes he's mustache twirling evil.

Yea, I just read the issues of X-men where the Savage Land had been destroyed, and the High Evolutionary with their help restores it to life, and he's pretty much a good guy. Though in the brief Uncanny Avengers arc that revealed the Maximoff's origin (again) he was pretty much Apocalypse.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Watchmen Babies is a go!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I'm vomiting in anger.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Gaz-L posted:

She wasn't explicitly the showrunner on Dexter, but she ran the writer's room, meaning she had a major hand in the creative part (the showrunner duties tend to be as much focused on the production aspects like budget and location)

Until I read the rest of the post I thought this was going to be the direst of insults.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

redbackground posted:

Watchmen Babies is a go!
This is some hilarious bullfuckle.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
All those people who said it would have been better as an HBO series are going to have their chance to be proven right perhaps.

Also, lol at Warner/HBO passing up basically every other DC/Vertigo series to remake Watchmen.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I hope that it is a procedural. And it has a crossover with Gotham.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I'll believe when I see a trailer, wasn't Preacher going to be an HBO show originally that they just let fester until AMC/Seth Rogan got the rights? And while it eventually did come out years and years passed between HBO getting the rights to Game of Thrones and them actually making the tv show.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

I'll believe when I see a trailer, wasn't Preacher going to be an HBO show originally that they just let fester until AMC/Seth Rogan got the rights? And while it eventually did come out years and years passed between HBO getting the rights to Game of Thrones and them actually making the tv show.

No, Preacher was going to be a film for the better part of a decade. The tv project was very recent and I don't recall HBO ever actually being connected.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

No, Preacher was going to be a film for the better part of a decade. The tv project was very recent and I don't recall HBO ever actually being connected.

Oh, maybe it was the zero patient for "should be an HBO mini-series instead" and I'm extrapolating. Kinda want an HBO tv show based on Scalped, maybe get the guy responsible for the first season of True Detective involved, just keep it the hell away from the guy who did season 2.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
My reaction is "Who even cares?" What rando schlub is clamoring for more Watchmen? Especially from Zac Snyder, who already did Watchmen?

I really liked...hell, I dunno...Kingsman or whatever, but I'm not gonna campaign for Matthew Vaughn to make a Kingsman TV show retelling the story he literally just told.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Who will be playing Watchman?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

ToastyPotato posted:

All those people who said it would have been better as an HBO series are going to have their chance to be proven right perhaps.

Also, lol at Warner/HBO passing up basically every other DC/Vertigo series to remake Watchmen.

It's too little too late, and I certainly don't want Snyder to be involved again. We don't really need more Watchmen adaptations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Whizbang posted:

Who will be playing Watchman?

Oh yeah, that reminds me: whatever happened to that Hourman pitch the CW were supposedly looking at?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Skwirl posted:

Recently HBO did the whole sitting on thing with American Gods until the option lapsed and Starz picked it up.