Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stux
Nov 17, 2006

this picture is literlally what somoen who has never encoutnerned lower case letters before would make lmao its ridiculous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

cant believe the ibts of g and y which are meant to sit under the line they're on are under the line theyr'e on its ridiculous. unbelivable that the b and d have those bits that go up? loving hell whaht a train wreka - a 3 year old seeing letters for othe first time

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Stux posted:

why would u ever install clean this isnt windows m8
feels good man

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Stux posted:

why would u ever install clean this isnt windows m8

he admitted it was for spergin' reasons

also yeah sennies aren't the aboslute best but they're at a really good price/quality point so idk

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

zen death robot posted:

Hell I didn't even install clean going from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10
i did that too. that was more because my machine was a box deal from costco with a bunch of preinstall poo poo and i figured i would clean it up a bit

also i have only done osx clean installs on my 128gb mba which doesn't carry much data on it anyway

incidentally i would never start 100% fresh with my iphone for a new unit or ios upgrade. even i have my limits

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i even carried my osx install over to a new amchine what is this nosnense

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
its faster to clear up space with a reinstall instead of trying to find every orphaned file

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Stux posted:

i even carried my osx install over to a new amchine what is this nosnense
i only got an osx machine in 2011, with Lion so all my settings etc were synced through icloud. didn't need to do a transfer

also when i first started using the mba i initially did dual boot with windows 7 and got sick of doing that within a year. so had to flatten & reinstall to get things back to normal. so i just kind of got used to doing that

i also like not having weird odds and ends from uninstalled programs kicking around so instead of doing a deep uninstall every time i just do a clean install every time osx goes to a new release

i'm not spergy about much but this is one area where i definitely am

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Perplx posted:

its faster to clear up space with a reinstall instead of trying to find every orphaned file
yes exactly

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
its out!!!! i will reveal the link once my download is over. please dont post the link yet

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
22 hours to go. stay tuned

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Stux posted:

cant believe the ibts of g and y which are meant to sit under the line they're on are under the line theyr'e on its ridiculous. unbelivable that the b and d have those bits that go up? loving hell whaht a train wreka - a 3 year old seeing letters for othe first time

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Perplx posted:

no because the installer moves all the poo poo out to /PreviousSystems or sth

ive installed on top of the same install for 3 macs, p sure since 10.2 or so. it just works™

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

ios 9.0.2 is out. restart your steam

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lol if u dont already have it installed

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

1.8GB download for iOS 9.0.2, :lol: Good job iTunes.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

MrMoo posted:

1.8GB download for iOS 9.0.2, :lol: Good job iTunes.

uhh its 61mb for me
i think you did something wrong

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Puppy Galaxy posted:

wow nice own "I bet you have a sexy, big dicked boyfriend"

ther implication was that he was.. how do you sya... a homo??? probably not what his grandfather would have wanted

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

apple's back baby!

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/09/30/apple-bans-ifixit-developer-account-apple-tv/

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
the speed of safari has increased immensely from fast to ludicrously fast... praise tim for this great day

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

:swoon:

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

gently caress yeah. i love when apple does poo poo like this and it seemed like they were going away from this after katie cotton retired.

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

developers and journalists have been taking apple's "openness" as weakness and they need to knock them back down a peg

hopefully they punish the verge by withholding the ipad review units

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
I want to see apple banning devs who sold their $1 Apple TV for $600 on eBay.

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

from HN:

Wow. This is how you write an announcement delivering bad news with class. They are unapologetic for exercising their right to tinker, but feel no need to whine about Apple's response.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

zen death robot posted:

i love it when corporations bring the hammer down on people gently caress yeah

tbf this isn't a steve jobs bobble head it's a pre-release device with lots of paperwork to sign which costs $1 for the specific purpose of making the contract binding. and the "people" involved are a corporation that sells things for profit so

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
i installed el capitan and it's pretty needs suiting

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
steve literally had someone killed over leaking iphone specs

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Phoenixan posted:

i installed el capitan and it's pretty needs suiting

Mr. Onslaught
Jun 25, 2005

For you, it was the last time you would ever post in YCS. But for me...it was Tuesday.
It's absurd how much faster any of the gesture stuff/scrolling is with El Capitan on the Macbook (2015), night and day difference from before

Not like it was bad before, but it's magical now

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

yeah my MBA feels faster/smoother with el crapitan

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Mr. Onslaught posted:

It's absurd how much faster any of the gesture stuff/scrolling is with El Capitan on the Macbook (2015), night and day difference from before

Not like it was bad before, but it's magical now

there seemed to be a big speed drop-off starting with Mavericks. i tried a pre-mavericks machine at a company where they haven't updated their texting Macs in forever and i have to agree.

if you haven't tried already, try full screening and unfullscreening an app. it's like aggressively fast compared to before.

zen death robot posted:

I'm sure apple lost many profits from pics of a motherboard

Both parties are retarded

well no doubt google completely overhauled the new Chromecast after seeing this teardown a few days ago

Mr. Onslaught
Jun 25, 2005

For you, it was the last time you would ever post in YCS. But for me...it was Tuesday.

PleasureKevin posted:

if you haven't tried already, try full screening and unfullscreening an app. it's like aggressively fast compared to before.

I never even expected to be able to run Photoshop on this, yet now I'm jamming split screen without a single hiccup, and yea moving between full screen now is noticeably smooth, whereas before sometimes it looked like the framerate was 1 fps for a few seconds

It's good

However, delete/backspace shortcut to go back no longer works in Safari and settings won't let me set delete as a shortcut, someone tell me the Terminal cheat codes pls

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
I kind of don't like how fast the touchid is now because when I go to check the lock screen it unlocks before I have a chance to react. just need to teach myself to use the side button I guess

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Mr. Onslaught posted:

I never even expected to be able to run Photoshop on this, yet now I'm jamming split screen without a single hiccup, and yea moving between full screen now is noticeably smooth, whereas before sometimes it looked like the framerate was 1 fps for a few seconds

i don't think adobe has shipped the metal yet, right

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

Stux posted:

the fact u just mentioned sony headphoens shows u dont know anything abotu headphones lmao

sony make a lot of high quality headphones. they certainly make better headphones than apple. Apple headphones have heavy mid range distortion which makes all music sound terrible

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

vergescore 8.5
http://www.theverge.com/2015/9/29/9411441/apple-mac-os-x-el-capitan-review

0.3 less than windows 10. wrap it the gently caress up applailures

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Necc0 posted:

I kind of don't like how fast the touchid is now because when I go to check the lock screen it unlocks before I have a chance to react. just need to teach myself to use the side button I guess
yeah I noticed this too. I use the side button or just press half the home button with my thumb to prevent it from unlocking

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

microsoft is garbage

i didn't even have a Skype window open.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Hmmmm, try running skype on a more performant OS, maybe?

• Locked thread