Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Oh Young Pree Usagi. May you find wisdom at the bottom of the well you've dug with your terrible decisions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
There's no wisdom here. Should I dig further down to find some?

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
I wonder who gets to decide exactly what kind of skill is used. Alison could, in theory, turn this around on that basis.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

idonotlikepeas posted:

I wonder who gets to decide exactly what kind of skill is used. Alison could, in theory, turn this around on that basis.

http://www.threepanelsoul.com/comic/search/death

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Renaissance Robot posted:

There's no wisdom here. Should I dig further down to find some?

I found wisdom by cobbling it together out of a wristwatch. I'm dropping my blueprints and an assortment of watches into the hole.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
I am expecting a straight up Bill and Ted versus Death scenario. The test is Lore, Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon.

7c Nickel fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Oct 1, 2015

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
That devil is much too un-imposing to be an Ebon. He's furry, so he's probably actually just an old Crimson.

Operant
Apr 1, 2010

LET THERE BE NO GENESIS
Well, he was supposed to be an old crimson devil. But I'm going to roll with it and just thought of an interesting bit or two, so this is about to get far more horrifying.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Does this mean Allison just got crazy demon magic from someone a great deal more terrifying than before?

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

anyone genre-savy knows it's the old-looking unimposing ones you have to watch out for

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Operant posted:

Well, he was supposed to be an old crimson devil. But I'm going to roll with it and just thought of an interesting bit or two, so this is about to get far more horrifying.

That makes sense to me, actually; while the black mask (well, black-ish; the red tinge to the horns and such is more apparent to me now) and such made me think ebon devil, particularly after all the buildup, and the idea of a devil getting old seemed strange to me, the "I'm so old and weak" gambit seemed a bit simple for such a theoretically powerful and dangerous being. I was wondering if I was missing something.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Operant posted:

The fact that you're willing to change up established plans to make things more interesting is a thing I like about your work, :kheldragar:

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Operant posted:

It's good to know you're still taking reader input, even if the readers didn't know they were giving input at the time.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Roland Jones posted:

That makes sense to me, actually; while the black mask (well, black-ish; the red tinge to the horns and such is more apparent to me now) and such made me think ebon devil, particularly after all the buildup, and the idea of a devil getting old seemed strange to me, the "I'm so old and weak" gambit seemed a bit simple for such a theoretically powerful and dangerous being. I was wondering if I was missing something.

He said he was old and his power was waning - but waning power when you started crazily powerful can still leave you pretty drat powerful without lying.

Although it might be more interesting if he's a weak devil with a huge amount of wisdom and experience.

It's what constitutes a game of skill that I'm really curious about now. I'm surprised that wasn't hammered out prior to the contract. I'm guessing that a Sailor Moon Trivia Contest doesn't count.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Oct 1, 2015

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Two-page update on Demon.

It's starting to get a little silly.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

MikeJF posted:

He said he was old and his power was waning - but waning power when you started crazily powerful can still leave you pretty drat powerful without lying.

Although it might be more interesting if he's a weak devil with a huge amount of wisdom and experience.

It's what constitutes a game of skill that I'm really curious about now. I'm surprised that wasn't hammered out prior to the contract. I'm guessing that a Sailor Moon Trivia Contest doesn't count.

Right, I mean, my main issue was, "...Do devils even get old? Is he just tricking a completely ignorant person because he's spotted an easy mark?" And yeah, that deal didn't specify what the contest is, so... That could be interesting.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Dr Christmas posted:

"Starting"?

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Dr Christmas posted:

:allears:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Dr Christmas posted:

I'd have thought the introduction of dozens more Demons into the story would have more fanfare. I hope they ran extra loyalty tests on those commandos.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I like that Teeth Guy in K6BD. He knows what he wants.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Green Intern posted:

He's like Danzig and skulls, but just part of the skulls.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

MikeJF posted:

I'd have thought the introduction of dozens more Demons into the story would have more fanfare. I hope they ran extra loyalty tests on those commandos.

Doesn't matter, because they're all going to be dead within thirty pages.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

idonotlikepeas posted:

Doesn't matter, because they're all going to be dead within thirty pages.

Dead, or causing way more damage than Jimmy ever dreamed of.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Green Intern posted:

Doesn't even have to be yours!

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

MikeJF posted:

Dead, or causing way more damage than Jimmy ever dreamed of.

Hunter had a massive "airtight" defense fortress before, it got blown up by Jimmy hijacking a fighter pilot and firing missiles. Why does he go through all the trouble of lining the walls with death row inmates, have a courtyard of peg-legged marines and then con-joined twins, followed by commandos who undermine Hunter's best survival strategy?

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
So do those one-legged navy seals get rest breaks because even on a good day someone's gonna get tired and have a slip-up that gets their head caved in for no good reason as seen there

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Gnome de plume posted:

So do those one-legged navy seals get rest breaks because even on a good day someone's gonna get tired and have a slip-up that gets their head caved in for no good reason as seen there

It's ok, they apparently have the precision to apply a mob beating that leaves them unconscious, but not dead.

Also, are the conjoined twins on death row too...?

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Carrasco posted:

It's ok, they apparently have the precision to apply a mob beating that leaves them unconscious, but not dead.

Also, are the conjoined twins on death row too...?

The whole death row thing isn't to appeal to Hunter's conscience, it's to appeal to the people in charge of letting him strap a bunch of people to a wall. He doesn't have to kidnap the SEALs or conjoined twins or commandos, he just has to pay them a bunch of money.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Hunter sure has things figured out :stare:

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

HorseRenoir posted:

Hunter sure has things figured out :stare:

No, he thinks he does, but all any of his elaborate plans have been for is just to show Jimmie's superiority. He'll find one gaping flaw in the plan and exploit it to render all of this null and void, and escape with Sweatpea effortlessly, and we'll all smack our foreheads and go :doh: "Oh, of course! We should've seen that it was obvious he would do that!"

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Actually, having a bunch of demons inside the main castle does serve as a deterrent as long as Hunter has the daughter with him. Jimmy wouldn't risk her life.

Of course, Jimmy is to the best of our and Hunter's knowledge dead. So, uh, not sure what the hell this is all for. Other than the fact that it is very Demon-y.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Ultimately I think the thing that's really unbelievable about Demon is that Jimmy isn't easily trackable by the endless string of random suicides he leaves in his wake.

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔

Wittgen posted:

Actually, having a bunch of demons inside the main castle does serve as a deterrent as long as Hunter has the daughter with him. Jimmy wouldn't risk her life.

Of course, Jimmy is to the best of our and Hunter's knowledge dead. So, uh, not sure what the hell this is all for. Other than the fact that it is very Demon-y.

To keep Sweetpea from suspecting Jimmy is dead, right?

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Yeah, but why? Sure, keeping her hopeful that someone will burst in and rescue her might keep her from risking an escape attempt, but why does he need her at all? Sweetpea guessed that they needed her blood to make the demonizer, but they already have a demonizer. And also Hunter is a demon, so what would be special about Sweetpea?

I assume it ties into the mystery of Jimmy's dad, but the important bits are spread out so much that I really don't know what's going on.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS
Dammit, looks like there's something wrong with the site, I can't find any page with one-legged SEALs and mob beatings. Somebody mind reposting it here?

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

darthbob88 posted:

Dammit, looks like there's something wrong with the site, I can't find any page with one-legged SEALs and mob beatings. Somebody mind reposting it here?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Rand Brittain posted:

Ultimately I think the thing that's really unbelievable about Demon is that Jimmy isn't easily trackable by the endless string of random suicides he leaves in his wake.

I think that's how they originally track down Jimmy because of what happened in the motel.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Wittgen posted:

It's not completely pointless: it also keeps Sweetpea in . But yeah, don't know why Hunter even needs her.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Because Jimmy needs a bunch of dominoes to topple over, since without any external motivating factors, Jimmy is incredibly boring. Of course, the world would be a fundamentally better place with Jimmy dead, since he's currently the worst person on the planet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

It doesnt matter what kind of person Jimmy is. Jimmy is the character in those stickman flash games who's just there to ensure the outcome of some overly detailed, obtuse thought problem. Hunter, Sweetpea and Jimmy are all just there because they are agents in a rude goldberg machine.

• Locked thread