Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

RVProfootballer posted:

Dunbar is going to catch a million passes, he's on pace for ~100 catches and ~1000 receiving yards. Certainly much more useful than DMC. I would drop Mariota and DMC and grab Hankerson and Dunbar.

Dunbar is real nice this year in PPR. He's like vintage Sproles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Dunbar was a guy I targeted heavily last year early on anticipating this kind of usage and got nothing.

Dunbar was a guy that I drafted as a flier in my money league, where I'm 0-3, but ultimately had to drop.

I hate this stupid game.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Dropping Watkins for Ginn. Bad idea? It's mostly be a flex play, I already have Antonio Brown and TY as my 1/2.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Someone dropped Dez Bryant and I'm first on the WW :) :) :) :) :)

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
I have 3 QBs right now (Carr, Brady, Wilson) and so I'm trying to trade Wilson away. I'm low on solid RBs so I'm thinking of trading to the guy who currently has Eli. My Russ for his Chris Johnson. Good idea, bad idea? Or do I just flat out drop Russ and pick up Lance Dunbar off the WW?

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
So here's my team, should I slot Dunbar in for CJ2K? I think the rest looks pretty solid to me

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Chill Penguin posted:

I have 3 QBs right now (Carr, Brady, Wilson) and so I'm trying to trade Wilson away. I'm low on solid RBs so I'm thinking of trading to the guy who currently has Eli. My Russ for his Chris Johnson. Good idea, bad idea? Or do I just flat out drop Russ and pick up Lance Dunbar off the WW?

Why don't you just drop Carr for Dunbar while you work out a trade with Wilson and then just roll with one QB since Brady's bye will have passed after this week?

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Hmmm... that makes sense. I just really want to play Carr this week against Chicago, though. I'm 1-2 right now so I need all the help I can get.

edit:
My Forsett & Wilson for his Lynch & Bernard? Thinking about proposing this.

Chill Penguin fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Oct 1, 2015

Stochastic
Jul 7, 2002

Is anyone trying to buy low on Demarco Murray? After seeing Matthews have a big game I'm hoping Demarco can do the same when healthy. I've got an offer of trading my TY Hilton for him.

I have DT, Martavis Bryant, Davante Adams, Vincent Jackson as the rest of my WRs and Lynch, Ivory, Lamar Miller and Doug Martin as my backs. Standard scoring.

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!

Chill Penguin posted:

edit:
My Forsett & Wilson for his Lynch & Bernard? Thinking about proposing this.

Great trade for you, terrible trade for him. Likely won't be taken seriously but that's never stopped people from proposing before.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
0 PPR:

My friend offered me Calvin Johnson for (Chris Ivory + Davante Adams). In case it's not clearly obvious, I'm in need of WR help and have reasonable depth at RB - but I'm worried that DET's o-line / lack of a run game is going to stunt Calvin's value and that I'm selling low on Ivory/Adams.

Am I overthinking this or should I take Megatron and run?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Reik posted:

Personally I would start Cam against TB, but only start Carr over Luck if he's injured. You'll beat yourself up if you start Carr and Luck goes insane against Jacksonville, but you won't beat yourself up for starting your stud.

EDIT: Jacksonville is super bad.

Yeah but I'll look like a super genius if Carr keeps rolling and Luck eats it again. The way he's been playing plus his throwing shoulder being hurt just leaves me with the yips.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
:toot:
Sold CJ2K for Mike Evans, but hoping Chris actually works out this year cause 1) still have him in two other leagues, 2) I like the guy I traded him to, and 3) CJ DESERVES BETTER, OK?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
This gif feels like the first 3 weeks of this season so far...

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

JStew with a leg injury, and Tolbert sidelined too. If you want a piece of the Carolina running game vs TB, Cameron Artis Payne is probably the pickup.

Anyone know if he's any good? I speculatively stashed him in dynasty and dropped my kicker for him in redraft more to prevent someone else to pick him up than anything.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

illcendiary posted:

Dropping Watkins for Ginn. Bad idea? It's mostly be a flex play, I already have Antonio Brown and TY as my 1/2.

terrible idea

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Cervixalot posted:

Anyone know if he's any good? I speculatively stashed him in dynasty and dropped my kicker for him in redraft more to prevent someone else to pick him up than anything.

He stinks. Any fantasy utility would be on volume alone.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
God drat it, should I drop Tavaris Coleman to get a fill in for Jordan Reed as my TE? That's a load of balls that they might just up the bye week but we won't know until like Saturday.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

LmaoTheKid posted:

This gif feels like the first 3 weeks of this season so far...

Not seen is the Julio car finishing the race before they make that turn.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Murmur Twin posted:

0 PPR:

My friend offered me Calvin Johnson for (Chris Ivory + Davante Adams). In case it's not clearly obvious, I'm in need of WR help and have reasonable depth at RB - but I'm worried that DET's o-line / lack of a run game is going to stunt Calvin's value and that I'm selling low on Ivory/Adams.

Am I overthinking this or should I take Megatron and run?

I'd mash.

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!
As a Joseph Randle owner handcuffing with McFadden would you:

A: Drop McFadden for Christine Michael
B: Stand Pat
C: Stop handcuffing

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Stand pat.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

ZIGfried posted:

As a Joseph Randle owner handcuffing with McFadden would you:

A: Drop McFadden for Christine Michael
B: Stand Pat
C: Stop handcuffing

You know the answer is C. Especially when neither of those 2 are even good handcuffs. Although I guess I would stand pat if there isn't anything on waivers.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

Not seen is the Julio car finishing the race before they make that turn.

I figured the one hatchback that starts to take the turn without crashing is the team with Julio.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Franks Happy Place posted:

He stinks. Any fantasy utility would be on volume alone.

He doesn't stink per se, but he's very green. However I do agree that any fantasy value he can provide this week, or any week this season for that matter, will be because of volume if JStew goes down. Don't forget, the Panthers also have Fozzy Whittaker to lean on as well, who is in his sophomore season and frankly a more skilled player. Ultimately I wouldn't rely too heavily on any of the Panthers backfield except for healthy JStew as an RB2, and even he's starting to slip into flex territory.

My question: someone in my 0 ppr ESPN league dropped Forsett...worth dropping any of these chucklefucks for him? I'm worried about dropping one of my defenses since people in this league tend to stash them...

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

RCarr posted:

Could anyone please help me come up with a fair counter offer here? I am terrible at valuing players in trades.
(Non-ppr)
Current offer:
GIVE:
Ingram
Randle
CJ2K

GET:
Lacy
Stevie Johnson
Terrence Williams

My team:

His team:

:siren:UPDATE!:siren:

I've been going back and forth with this owner, and now he offered me this:
(Non-ppr)

GIVE
Ingram
Gore
Spiller

GET
Lacy
McCoy

This seems like a much better deal. Do I pull the trigger? I'm 3-0 so I can take the hit if McCoy doesn't play this week.

Yay or Nay, goons?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
I don't like McCoy ROS and he is not a guy that I would be trying to acquire.

Lacy is obviously the best player in the deal and I hesitantly lean towards accepting that trade, but I don't feel great about it.

e: Upon further thought, Spiller would likely never crack your starting lineup, so Ingram/Gore -> Lacy/McCoy is probably worth doing. I'd say yay.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Since my league is gay and bad and has a coach position, who do you like ROS, The Saints or The Raiders?

Saints look like hot garbage this year

Other options are Eagles, Bears, Browns, Jags, Buccanners, Skins. Currently have Saints/Bills.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Azhais posted:

Since my league is gay and bad and has a coach position, who do you like ROS, The Saints or The Raiders?

Other options are Eagles, Bears, Browns, Jags, Buccanners, Skins. Currently have Saints/Bills.

What the gently caress? What is the scoring criteria for a coach? Just wins and losses?

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Azhais posted:

Eagles, then you can really be on Chip's wild ride!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I've always joked with my league about adding a HC position, so I am curious to know how that works as well.

Win or lose = points or -points
Penalties= -points

Not sure what else you'd have. Success rate of plays called? Red zone stops?

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

dxt posted:

If wins and losses is the criteria then the Eagles are clearly the best option because while they have sucked poo poo for the first few weeks they are not a 4 win team like any of those other options could be.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

dxt posted:

https://twitter.com/FanSince09/status/649595346226536448/video/1

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Ty1990 posted:

What the gently caress? What is the scoring criteria for a coach? Just wins and losses?

You can do point margin, total points for their team, and usually a bonus for a win with a penalty for a loss.

We did it one year. They're awful. It's basically putting a pick 'em into Fantasy Football. Pretty sweet if you get Patriots HC, though, since they don't believe in mercy.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I really hope they figure out this Eagles/Redskins situation sooner rather than later. In my 2QB total points league, I have Jordan Reed and literally just spent FAAB this week to get the Eagles defense. I don't really have any droppable players, either, so I'd have to try and pull a trade. Otherwise, my only course of action is to drop Reed and the Eagles D for SURPRISE BYE WEEK replacements.

BigSexyWitGlasses
Nov 1, 2009

So uh is anyone adding Maxx Williams? I have Jordan Cameron and Vernon Davis in a full PPR league and both seem very questionable for Sunday. I know Williams plays tonight but I can't afford a donut from my TE spot if neither of my guys play, I'm already in last place :saddowns:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

thrawn527 posted:

You can do point margin, total points for their team, and usually a bonus for a win with a penalty for a loss.

We did it one year. They're awful. It's basically putting a pick 'em into Fantasy Football. Pretty sweet if you get Patriots HC, though, since they don't believe in mercy.

Yeah, it's gay and bad. Our scoring is 0 for a loss, 5 for a win + 1 per 4 points of victory. So if someone wins by 99 points it's worth 29 to me :v:

Still better than last year's +10 victory -10 loss (or tie :lol:) which was brutal if you were playing against someone that had the other team's coach, 20 point swing.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Azhais posted:

Yeah, it's gay and bad. Our scoring is 0 for a loss, 5 for a win + 1 per 4 points of victory. So if someone wins by 99 points it's worth 29 to me :v:

Still better than last year's +10 victory -10 loss (or tie :lol:) which was brutal if you were playing against someone that had the other team's coach, 20 point swing.

Sounds like the bumpers in bowling.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

BigSexyWitGlasses posted:

So uh is anyone adding Maxx Williams? I have Jordan Cameron and Vernon Davis in a full PPR league and both seem very questionable for Sunday. I know Williams plays tonight but I can't afford a donut from my TE spot if neither of my guys play, I'm already in last place :saddowns:

It's worth a shot. You should also drop Vernon Davis for a RB/WR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigSexyWitGlasses
Nov 1, 2009

coronaball posted:

It's worth a shot. You should also drop Vernon Davis for a RB/WR.

I'd love to but this league requires 2 TE to be rostered throughout the season.

• Locked thread