Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
USPS sucks so much. I order stuff from eBay and Amazon sellers and whatever, and the sellers always put like priority 2 or 3 day, but the stupid package ALWAYS arrives in 5+ days. Wtf is the point of paying extra for 2/3 day if it doesn't even arrive on time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

death .cab for qt posted:

Stop working immediately

If only. Best I can do is do the bare minimum of hours and never cover any extra shifts, because why should I cover for anyone if I'm not gonna get paid for it?

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

I now have
GAR-
BAGE
DICK
burned into my second monitor. It'll clear in a while, but it's still terrible.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable
Also hilarious.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Thin Privilege posted:

USPS sucks so much. I order stuff from eBay and Amazon sellers and whatever, and the sellers always put like priority 2 or 3 day, but the stupid package ALWAYS arrives in 5+ days. Wtf is the point of paying extra for 2/3 day if it doesn't even arrive on time?

Online package label printing has allowed sellers to technically fulfill their "Ships in X" requirements while never putting your package in the mail in time.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
My foster kittens might have brought worms in, so now all my cats might have worms, and I am going nuts thinking every time that I am hungry, it's the worms that somehow got in my stomach and I am feeding only them. Joke's on you, fuckers, I got food grade diatom earth and you bastards are gonna get shredded.

I want to go sell plasma but am afraid to due to the many scratches up and down my arms from the drat kittens who sit in their own poo poo before walking off, so I have to bathe them, and kittens freak out, which isn't helping the AUGH PARASITES thing either.

I took special care to send my niece something awesome for her birthday and she couldn't even email me a thank-you. Meanwhile the family I nannied for, every year I get a thank you card from the girls (their parents are almost anal about this poo poo, they write out who gave what and the kids spend the day after Xmas or their birthday writing out the notes. It might seem like a lot but it does make me smile to get one.).

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Aphrodite posted:

Online package label printing has allowed sellers to technically fulfill their "Ships in X" requirements while never putting your package in the mail in time.

True but I go by the date the USPS website says it was dropped off at the post office, for this one it was 5 hours after the label was printed, and it's still "left [original] post office for sorting facility" for 2 days now. So it probably won't get here for another 2-3 days, including because my local post office is a bunch of lovely lazy stupid fucks.

I got another package today that looked like a truck ran over it and taped it back together, but on the plus side the items were intact and it got here in like 12 hours even though Amazon shipped it super late.

This is way too many :words: about shipping, sorry.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

The blinking LEDs on my computer keep me up at night.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Malachite_Dragon posted:

If only. Best I can do is do the bare minimum of hours and never cover any extra shifts, because why should I cover for anyone if I'm not gonna get paid for it?

Stop being a doormat and demand payment, also find a new job.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I'm listening to a band I like, and I'm sad that they seem to have broken up. I never got the chance to see them live, despite having had several chances to :smith:

JustAurora
Apr 17, 2007

Nature vs. Nurture, man!
They caught one of the people who robbed me!
They live distressingly close to me.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
That always sucks. When I was robbed it was the kid across the street.

squeee
Apr 23, 2009

the thrill of the chase.
My friends got a puppy about a month ago. I love puppies a lot, but they've turned into psycho social media obsessed pet parents. They made a Facebook page for the dog and keep trying to get people to "LIKE THE PAGE OR PUPPY WILL BE SAD" and other poo poo like that. If I have to get one more message on Instagram about how "my dog is SOOOOOO much better than your cats!" I am going to scream.

thewireguy
Jul 2, 2013
Paying off my credit cards left me broke with 4 days to payday. Ramen and canned foods for a while.

thewireguy
Jul 2, 2013

Thin Privilege posted:

I have re ordered things that took 3 or so weeks to come from China and got two of them. My attention span is not that long and I forget if I really ordered it in the first place.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I bought a 4K smart tv. Running Netflix is fast but the sound is only stereo.
If I want surround sound, I have to stream through the BluRay.
It's pretty much just as fast but I can't use my little TV keyboard with it.

I can afford to get MGS5 but I don't have the time to play.

I'm really good at writing things for tabletop RPGs and my GF is trying to convince me to write my own book. I love her support but I don't have the confidence to do it :smith:

I saw an ex of mine begging for change on a freeway off-ramp as I was going to go drink out of boredom.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

I'm really good at writing things for tabletop RPGs and my GF is trying to convince me to write my own book. I love her support but I don't have the confidence to do it :smith:

Do it! Random strangers on the internet support you!

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

Inzombiac posted:

Drink until you feel confident then write as much as you can. Just getting SOMEthing down is the hardest part, and you can edit it when you're sober. #liverhack

My first world problem is that I'm always mildly annoyed when I go to the symphony and half the people there are wearing jeans. If the conductor can manage to flail around in a suit then you can sit quietly for 2 hours in a pair of dress pants, plebes.

Also they make an announcement at every single show telling people to please not clap between movements and there's a big thing about it in the program and people still do it anyway, and it's always terrible because half the people are clapping (probably the ones wearing jeans) and the other half are going uuhhh should we be clapping now and the result is this terrible half-assed applause that just kind of rolls around the room.

artsy fartsy has a new favorite as of 18:48 on Sep 28, 2015

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Do it! Random strangers on the internet support you!

Thanks!
I named, described, statted and gave unique abilities to 100 items/weapons and 30 animal companions out of boredom yesterday. I may have a knack for it.

FWB: The microwave udon I took to work was very, very mediocre. Despite having a good Vietnamese restaurant close by, I'm just gonna suck it up and eat all 12 I got from CostCo.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
this is someone else's first world problem i think

i was hunting for apartments and reading reviews and this came up:

"...two little kids ran into the laundry room talking about summoning Satan."

can't even burn em

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

I had to get on my hands and knees to get a stubborn Chihuahua out of her kennel today.

Then she didn't want to go back in.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

I ordered a T-mobile iphone 6s+ with overnight shipping on Friday afternoon (this was after being in an apple store all morning trying to get a phone I reserved but I don't even want to go there) and they promised me it would be there on Saturday or the very latest Monday. Well it's Monday evening now and still no iPhone:( I'm currently trying to track the order, but of course just doing that isn't easy thanks to T mobiles brilliant website.

Bloody Mayhem
Jan 25, 2007

Victimology is all over the place!
I just watched Pacific Rim for the first time. I did not expect it to be the otaku fanfic that it was, basically Godzilla meets Gundam, meets Transformers, meets Power Rangers.

I hadn't heard much about it before seeing it, only that it was sci-fi. I thought it would be more refined, but it was just silly. It wasn't terrible or anything, but :/

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

My overnight security job blocked the steam client. There goes getting paid to play videogames :(

edit:....aaaand the router isn't password protected at all. I knew this place was too cheap to hire an actual IT guy

Away all Goats has a new favorite as of 06:24 on Sep 29, 2015

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
I'm moving this week, been packing all weekend, need more boxes for all my stuff, also more time to pack it unless I wanna pay the movers to pack.

Tomorrow I'm painting because the new apartments despite all the good things they put in (ethernet drops everywhere, granite counter tops, hard wood floors) they decided the walls should just be plain white. gently caress. That. Not even like eggshell or cream, just loving white.

The bigger loving problem is tomorrow is also the service window for getting my current cable service deactivated. All of tomorrow. No 9am to 2pm even, just all loving day. I was permitted the massive boon of a heads-up phone call that will give me...some...amount of time to get back to the old apartment and let some guy take a cable box, modem, and fumble with some wires in the closet or whatever the gently caress.

The new cable company gave me a two hour window, but they can't do anything until the day after the move so I'll have a night without any internet.

It's impossible to win all the battles when moving, hopefully the movers won't be shitheads.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

Away all Goats posted:

My overnight security job blocked the steam client. There goes getting paid to play videogames :(

edit:....aaaand the router isn't password protected at all. I knew this place was too cheap to hire an actual IT guy

Don't play video games on your job man. You ain't a gamestop employee.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

pussy riot police posted:

Don't play video games on your job man. You ain't a gamestop employee.

When I first got told my schedule the first thing my boss asked me was if I had a laptop. I said yeah, he says 'good, cause your shifts are gonna be boring as poo poo'

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I stayed up till 3am playing Metal Gear Solid : TPP, which resulted in me coming into work an hour late because I wanted 5, not 4, hours of sleep. I am a terrible employee

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Thin Privilege posted:

I stayed up till 3am playing Metal Gear Solid : TPP, which resulted in me coming into work an hour late because I wanted 5, not 4, hours of sleep. I am a terrible employee

I'm sure if you explained it to your boss, they'd understand. If they don't, it's not a person you'd want to work for.

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008

Brightman posted:

I'm moving this week, been packing all weekend, need more boxes for all my stuff, also more time to pack it unless I wanna pay the movers to pack.

Tomorrow I'm painting because the new apartments despite all the good things they put in (ethernet drops everywhere, granite counter tops, hard wood floors) they decided the walls should just be plain white. gently caress. That. Not even like eggshell or cream, just loving white.

The bigger loving problem is tomorrow is also the service window for getting my current cable service deactivated. All of tomorrow. No 9am to 2pm even, just all loving day. I was permitted the massive boon of a heads-up phone call that will give me...some...amount of time to get back to the old apartment and let some guy take a cable box, modem, and fumble with some wires in the closet or whatever the gently caress.

The new cable company gave me a two hour window, but they can't do anything until the day after the move so I'll have a night without any internet.

It's impossible to win all the battles when moving, hopefully the movers won't be shitheads.

I feel you, bud. My new place is beautiful on paper, but a lot of the details are half-assed. "Custom" window coverings were made with 2x4s and a staple gun. Did not tape off before painting, so bits of paint are on all the nice wood trim. The ONE carpeted area, the stairs, were not shampooed after the workmen were through. Etc, etc. Gonna go crazy with some paint stripper and sandpaper.

Also, I forgot how much STUFF I have. And yet, there's a lot that I don't have or need replacements for. New mattress and bed frame. New microwave. UGH MOVING BLARGHHH

But, you can get great moving boxes on amazon. I'm waiting on my second batch of these: http://www.amazon.com/Bankers-Box-S...rds=bankers+box because they are sturdy, a great size, and will last for future storage needs. They are large enough to hold a good amount but not so large I can overfill them with heavy books or whatever.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
The plasma center I donated last week and today only gives you a bag with a gatorade, water bottle and granola bars for your first donation.

:(

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oh, gently caress that. I'd ask for it back. Orange juice or nothing assholes. Cookies too.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

My new flat has Venetian blinds in the bedrooms. They don't block the light very well and so the rooms get really bright really early. There was no blind at all in the livingroom, but we were told it would be installed and today it has been. A Venetian would have been really good in this room, since it lets you block out direct sunlight without making the room too dark. They've installed a roller blind here, which means I'm basically going to have to have the lights on in the afternoon most of the time.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
As spergy as it is, I had it all planned out: I'd load a game (on my Wi-Fi only tablet) that tries to make you pay money to speed It up in the morning, set everything gameplay-wise to be done about an hour after I got off work, play the game at Location A before going to see a movie, and afterwards set up more things in the game to run overnight.

The plan would've worked perfectly had the Wi-Fi at Location A been actually, ya know, working. I shouldn't be upset since it's a stupid game that matters not, but I had planned things out so perfectly...

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

kreyla posted:

I feel you, bud. My new place is beautiful on paper, but a lot of the details are half-assed. "Custom" window coverings were made with 2x4s and a staple gun. Did not tape off before painting, so bits of paint are on all the nice wood trim. The ONE carpeted area, the stairs, were not shampooed after the workmen were through. Etc, etc. Gonna go crazy with some paint stripper and sandpaper.

Also, I forgot how much STUFF I have. And yet, there's a lot that I don't have or need replacements for. New mattress and bed frame. New microwave. UGH MOVING BLARGHHH

But, you can get great moving boxes on amazon. I'm waiting on my second batch of these: http://www.amazon.com/Bankers-Box-S...rds=bankers+box because they are sturdy, a great size, and will last for future storage needs. They are large enough to hold a good amount but not so large I can overfill them with heavy books or whatever.

Nice boxes but I don't have the luxury of waiting for delivery unfortunately.

Movers will be here in 5 and a half hours, I still have poo poo to pack and there's basically no way I'm going to be able to get everything in a box. Or sleep. I feel like an rear end in a top hat but I don't know if movers care or look at it as more hours or if they'll be cool with just taking the heavy stuff.

Still need to put felt feet on all the front room furniture too so it won't scuff up the new wood floor.

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006
all the better to glomp you with
I took a picture of my bike in front of the entire San Francisco dawn skyline (all the lights were still on!), but my hands shake, so the picture came out blurry.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I ordered some nice smart-LED bulbs and wifi control kit about a month ago and they still aren't here.

The company is in NZ and I'm on the east cost of the US, and I didn't pay for faster shipping, but drat if this isn't a long-rear end time.

I emailed their customer service two days ago and no reply yet.

DrBouvenstein has a new favorite as of 21:45 on Oct 7, 2015

JustAurora
Apr 17, 2007

Nature vs. Nurture, man!
Even as a victim of a crime you have to pay $2 an hour at the courthouse to talk to the prosecutor. By the end of all these trials and things, I think I will have paid the city parking system more money than the monetary worth of what was stolen.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I made chili with ground bison today but it just wasn't awesome.

Also my kitchen sink is clogged so I have to go to Walmart and buy some clog remover stuff later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
In one of the mobile games I play, they are doing a contest (who can harvest the most resources) that I hadn't expected to do well in (since I just started playing about a week ago), but I've surprisingly gotten pretty high, which made me pretty :haw:. But now more players are (presumably) playing, and I'm being pushed down the ranks.