Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
High Protein
Jul 12, 2009

Partial Octopus posted:

That new husky looks amazing. I might just hold off for that. Any idea what the price is?

I don't know how much the Duke is in the US but it's basically an SMC and that's the Duke + 10%.

prukinski posted:

I don't know what the newer ones with the sportsbike style, as opposed to sumo, seat are like. A lot better, I'm guessing.

It's fine for a day of highway riding, although the super-upright posture does mean a lot of wind pressure and noise. Agreed that the Duke III looks way better though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

High Protein posted:

I don't know how much the Duke is in the US but it's basically an SMC and that's the Duke + 10%.

I'd be ecstatic if the 701 is less than $10,000 (duke is 9k). I'm expecting at least 11,000 as the starting point since that's about where the 690 Enduro is. I'm probably stopping by the Husky dealer in the next couple weeks, hopefully I'll be able to put my name in for one in case it does make it to the U.S.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

XYLOPAGUS posted:

Tubeless wheels huge plus. I had to get a new tube in a pinch. Shop charged me 160 to install it...

Holy poo poo, I hope that figure was in Yuan or at least included the tube!

And a new tire.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
There's no way that's USD, right? I guess maybe $10 tube and $100/hr labor rate or something?

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
Tubeless spoked wheels, how did they manage that one? Sounds rad

prukinski
Dec 25, 2011

Sure why not

High Protein posted:

Agreed that the Duke III looks way better though.

Any bike with a parts diagram that doubles as an eva assembly guide is fine by me.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Does anyone know what these black and yellow/black and white cables with the white connector is for on the drz400? Just picked up a new bike and it's not connected to anything.

Partial Octopus fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Sep 17, 2015

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
That's the Stillers connector. You can connect it to your Stiller hat or your Stiller jersey or to some sort of sandwich with french fries and cole slaw paradoxically inside.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

captainOrbital posted:

That's the Stillers connector. You can connect it to your Stiller hat or your Stiller jersey or to some sort of sandwich with french fries and cole slaw paradoxically inside.

So it's where I plug this in after I weld it to the frame?

Edit: Apparently the cable is for an optional remote lap timer reset switch.

Partial Octopus fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Sep 17, 2015

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Don't quote me, as it's been a long time since I looked at the drz wiring diagram, but I believe that's the connector for parking lights in countries that require them

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Don't quote me, as it's been a long time since I looked at the drz wiring diagram, but I believe that's the connector for parking lights in countries that require them

Lap timer remote switch.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

I'm an idiot and small spill on my bike yesterday. The bike is fine but the bars are out of alignment with the front wheel. Can anyone tell me how to adjust the triple clamp on a DRZ400? It looks like the top part where there is an x and holds the bars is crooked. I can post a picture if needed.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Partial Octopus posted:

I'm an idiot and small spill on my bike yesterday. The bike is fine but the bars are out of alignment with the front wheel. Can anyone tell me how to adjust the triple clamp on a DRZ400? It looks like the top part where there is an x and holds the bars is crooked. I can post a picture if needed.

I don't have the stock bars but there should be a few bolts on the underside of things that hold your bars on. Loosen them, readjust the bars, and tighten everything back up.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
loosen the bolts and shake it.

Isolationist
Oct 18, 2005

The implication.
I hit a kangaroo at 80 KPH. Roo died on impact, but I stayed up. Roo had a joey in the pouch which came out with no damage.

Dr650: lost the headlight and the indicators on one side, roo-head dent in the tank. I'm expecting about $400 to repair, and am getting the 790 big bore kit, stage 2 cams, a performance carb and ported heads while it's in the shop (rewarding the bike for good behaviour).

SM supremacy; I was riding with a guy on a super sport, if he'd hit the roo it would be a similar cost for replacement plastics (for all my upgrades). Mwuaha.

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

That is such a weird post. Doesn't sound like a "hit a medium/large animal at speed" event can go down any better than that (sorry orphaned Roo joey)

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009

Partial Octopus posted:

If you mean the bars are turned to one side you're gonna need to loosen the triple pinch bolts and maybe the axle a bit to realign everything.

If they're just offset to one side or twisted forward or backward you can loosen the 4 bolts at the x-shaped bar clamp and adjust the bars.

Yerok fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Sep 21, 2015

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

I ended up replacing the bars which were bent pretty bad. I tried loosening and re-tightening everything else. The x clamp that holds the bars down is still slightly out of alignment with the triple clamps below. It's not really a huge deal but I'm kinda ocd about fixing it. You can kind of see what i'm talking about in this picture. http://imgur.com/oual2cn the bars are twisted to the right a little bit. I'm not sure if I need to replace the bushings or possibly the bolts that hold them together.

epswing
Nov 4, 2003

Soiled Meat
I'm also OCD when it comes to straightness and symmetry. Bought my 2011 DRZ SM from the PO who had recently crashed it. The bars were bent, and no amount of un-tightening/re-tightening the triples got things perfectly straight. Turns out one of the rubber bushings was semi-destroyed, causing the bars to sag a little to one side. I replaced the rubber bushings with rubber killers and all was right with the world once again.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

epalm posted:

I'm also OCD when it comes to straightness and symmetry. Bought my 2011 DRZ SM from the PO who had recently crashed it. The bars were bent, and no amount of un-tightening/re-tightening the triples got things perfectly straight. Turns out one of the rubber bushings was semi-destroyed, causing the bars to sag a little to one side. I replaced the rubber bushings with rubber killers and all was right with the world once again.

I think I had that same problem with my kx-250 years ago, and the only fix was to replace the rubber bushings.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Awesome. Thank you so much.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

epalm posted:

I'm also OCD when it comes to straightness and symmetry.

Never buy an S1000RR.

epswing
Nov 4, 2003

Soiled Meat

epalm posted:

The bars were bent misaligned

Oops, fixed. The bars themselves were fine.

Partial Octopus posted:

Awesome. Thank you so much.

:glomp:

PS careful when tightening the triple tree pinch bolts, they are soft and if you reef on them they'll break :v: be sure to check the torque specs!

captainOrbital posted:

Never buy an S1000RR.

:confused:

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Its not symmetrical:

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
And not just the headlights, which give it an appropriately demented look that I love, but the fairings on either side of the engine are completely different as well.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

JB50 posted:

Its not symmetrical:

This owns.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

epalm posted:

PS careful when tightening the triple tree pinch bolts, they are soft and if you reef on them they'll break :v: be sure to check the torque specs!

Where can I find the torque specs? Nothing in the manual.

epswing
Nov 4, 2003

Soiled Meat
What year is your DRZ? I've got a Clymer (or was it a Haynes?) at home, I can take a photo of the torque spec page for you.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

epalm posted:

What year is your DRZ? I've got a Clymer (or was it a Haynes?) at home, I can take a photo of the torque spec page for you.

2015. thanks.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

I found the torque specs on google. http://dwulet.com/bikes/docs/Torque_DRZ400S.PDF I'm guessing it is the front fork upper clamp bolt.

epswing
Nov 4, 2003

Soiled Meat

Partial Octopus posted:

I found the torque specs on google. http://dwulet.com/bikes/docs/Torque_DRZ400S.PDF I'm guessing it is the front fork upper clamp bolt.

Ah poo poo sorry, I forgot to look it up at home. Yes, you're after the front fork upper/lower clamp bolts, BUT I can't remember if those torque specs are different for the SM model...

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

I installed the rubber killers and it just made the problem worse. What should be my next step? I'm guessing that maybe the bolts are bent?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Can't the stem in the forks be bent/twisted up ?

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Which part are you talking about? Like the upper bracket?

http://www.suzukipartshouse.com/oemparts/a/suz/54d9351887a86520e80d6cdd/steering-stem

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

Husky finally made it official: the 701sm is coming to the states next February!

XYLOPAGUS
Aug 23, 2006
--the creator of awesome--

Koruthaiolos posted:

Husky finally made it official: the 701sm is coming to the states next February!

My birthday is in February. This is a sign! :swoon:

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

XYLOPAGUS posted:

My birthday is in February. This is a sign! :swoon:

Mine too! It's pretty obvious what must be done.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
So the cops recovered my stolen DRZ. Apparently it lead them to the thieves impressive collection of stolen ID's, Credit Cards, and Passports.

Insurance already paid me out, and the detective said the bike was well and proper hosed (spraypainted, numbers filed off, etc...) Progressive doesn't do buybacks but it's going to auction and my buddy is a dealer so we'll see.

XYLOPAGUS
Aug 23, 2006
--the creator of awesome--
First guy on the list for the 701 at the husqy dealer in Austin! Weeeeee!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

XYLOPAGUS posted:

First guy on the list for the 701 at the husqy dealer in Austin! Weeeeee!

Noooice. I assume you people can ride in February?

I assume you people can ride in February.

• Locked thread