Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
Christ, Oklahoma can't even murder people correctly.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Luigi Thirty posted:

It's too soon to talk about gun control. We must arm teachers. We must disarm teachers. We must arm students. We must disarm students. If he have gun this no happen. This happen because he have gun. Ban gun. Gun for all. Gun for healthy. Who says who is healthy? Thread destroyed.

I think that covers it and we can avoid a 50-page derail now

It says something horrifying when minimum ten people being gunned down is considered a "derail" rather than a national incident.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
If I ever die in a mass shooting, please put on my tombstone:

"Gun Control Now. Gun Control Forever. gently caress You."

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lid posted:

It says something horrifying when minimum ten people being gunned down is considered a "derail" rather than a national incident.

It's really only a problem when TFR posters, who care about nothing except gun rights, come in here to explain to us that the availability and prevalence of guns is somehow completely divorced from gun violence in America.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Kro-Bar posted:

Christ, Oklahoma can't even murder people correctly.

Read the Lockett execution story in the Atlantic. At one point, they just had a deputy driving around the state to pharmacies asking if they had any pentobarbitol.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

duz posted:

Nope, so far all the releases have had the addendum that none of the emails now marked classified/whatever were such at the time they were sent.
I take it you're unfamiliar with the degree of insanity surrounding classification. Because whether or not your rear end is classified, if as a government employee, you were to mark it SECRET/NOFORN the government would be within it's rights not only to prosecute you, but also to impound said rear end and make everyone who saw it sign an NDA.

As someone who has been subject to that level of government retardation this entire thing makes me very sad. Having the Secretary of State conducting any kind of government business from unsecured machines is sloppy as poo poo, and if it was Joe Q. Nobody who did it instead of Hillary Clinton he'd be getting a good 'ol fashioned IG reaming.

Bob Ojeda
Apr 15, 2008

I AM A WHINY LITTLE EMOTIONAL BITCH BABY WITH NO SENSE OF HUMOR

IF YOU SEE ME POSTING REMIND ME TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

zoux posted:

It's really only a problem when TFR posters, who care about nothing except gun rights, come in here to explain to us that the availability and prevalence of guns is somehow completely divorced from gun violence in America.

Death is inevitable, zoux. You can't stop death so why even try.

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

duz posted:

Nope, so far all the releases have had the addendum that none of the emails now marked classified/whatever were such at the time they were sent.

I realize this response is correct and this whole e-mail affair is a politically driven effort to make Hillary Clinton look bad. However this still seems like a really poor system, why are state dept heads allowed to have private email servers when there's some chance the information in their email might become classified in the future? Isn't it still a problem that information was sent to this private server that later became classified?

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Jfc

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

zoux posted:

It's really all about ethics is gun's journalism, hth.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Bob Ojeda posted:

Death is inevitable, zoux. You can't stop death so why even try.
It is a mercy to gun down schoolchildren in an America that has a very real chance of electing Donald Trump its next president.

Nocturtle posted:

why are state dept heads allowed to have private email servers
Short answer: They aren't. It's 100% against policy, against transparency regulations, and if there's even the slightest whiff of classified material against about a dozen federal laws.

Rent-A-Cop fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Oct 1, 2015

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Rent-A-Cop posted:

It is a mercy to gun down schoolchildren in an America that has a very real chance of electing Donald Trump its next president.

Have you even bothered looking at a Clinton or Sanders v. Trump poll?

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 216 days!

Nocturtle posted:

I realize this response is correct and this whole e-mail affair is a politically driven effort to make Hillary Clinton look bad. However this still seems like a really poor system, why are state dept heads allowed to have private email servers when there's some chance the information in their email might become classified in the future? Isn't it still a problem that information was sent to this private server that later became classified?

Because that has to do with reality, and nothing the Republicans throw at Clinton has anything to do with the real world.

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.

zoux posted:

Oh, but they don't say that. Not anymore. They say that said violence is a price consciously paid for all the social good that guns bring.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Radbot posted:

Have you even bothered looking at a Clinton or Sanders v. Trump poll?
Polling is irrelevant, nothing can stop America from being made great again. If parents are too cowardly to do what must be done it is up to brave humanitarians to save these children from their terrible future.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
Confiscate all guns, guillotine all who resist.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

zoux posted:

Maybe if several thousand people died in a single shooting but apart from that, nah.

The Onion beat you to that one a few years ago...

http://www.theonion.com/article/nra-sets-1000-killed-in-school-shooting-as-amount--28352

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

What hashtag did she use that alerted the press to her twitter? (I don't understand twitter)

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Gyges posted:

This is just as true for Biden. If Hillary is out with time to jump in, it's a madhouse. If it happens after that we're all going to be feelin' the Bern.

The difference is, if Clinton drops out, the establishment could get the gears in motion to nominate Biden at the convention, citing those same filing deadlines as justification. Or Clinton could pledge her delegates to Biden or something like that.

If you're an insurgent candidate it requires a lot more work to align the correct party machines to change the rules or otherwise get around the primary process.

(e.g. McGovern rewrote the convention rules)

Trabisnikof fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Oct 1, 2015

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

pathetic little tramp posted:

If I ever die in a mass shooting, please put on my tombstone:

"Gun Control Now. Gun Control Forever. gently caress You."

After you get gunned down in a mass shooting is no time to talk about gun control.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

This is loving disgusting. All of those organizations should be ashamed.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
So this shooter may have posted a warning on 4chan?

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:OZGEjT1ilSUJ:https://archive.moe/r9k/post/22785729/+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Massasoit posted:

This is loving disgusting. All of those organizations should be ashamed.

For doing their job?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Here's the problem: Biden is to the current right of most Dem voters on things like drug policy. He would be more conservative than anyone in the race except maybe Chafee or Webb. His support is not going to be what people think it would.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Funky See Funky Do posted:

What hashtag did she use that alerted the press to her twitter? (I don't understand twitter)

I imagine it got retweeted (shared) enough that someone took notice of it.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

there all is NL EAST ‏@andymoney69 is doing good work.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Probably just searched recent tweets for shooting, and then tried to find people who are on the scene. Additionally, her original tweet would have been retweeted, which would make it show up on others' timelines.

Twitter's setup means that in general, anyone can hear you if you don't protect your tweets, and it's just normally no one cares.

e: f, b

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

FourLeaf posted:

[url]http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:OZGEjT1ilSUJ:https://archive.moe/r9k/post/22785729/+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us[/url]

Hopefully they will finally ban this fourcans bullshit.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

Here's the problem: Biden is to the current right of most Dem voters on things like drug policy. He would be more conservative than anyone in the race except maybe Chafee or Webb. His support is not going to be what people think it would.

True, but as establishment Democrats get more and more of that good old McGovern/Dukakis feeling from Sanders, they'll give up litmus tests because the alternative is that much worse.

Bob Ojeda
Apr 15, 2008

I AM A WHINY LITTLE EMOTIONAL BITCH BABY WITH NO SENSE OF HUMOR

IF YOU SEE ME POSTING REMIND ME TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

FlamingLiberal posted:

I mean, I think what it comes down to is there's a certain amount of people out there - maybe more concentrated in the media than in the Democratic voter base - who are natural Clinton supporters in terms of policy but who have a real personal distaste for Hillary Clinton.

Or are getting horribly triggered by Benghazi and email scandals, I guess, but I really do think that's the driver of most of the Biden stuff.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

FourLeaf posted:

[url]http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:OZGEjT1ilSUJ:https://archive.moe/r9k/post/22785729/+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us[/url]

Jesus Christ. Thats crazy, especially the comments.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

zoux posted:

For doing their job?

Can you just call me real quick so I can capture your screams? I'm with CNN, I need to imbibe your vital essence.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

SalTheBard posted:

I'll need to consult a 4chanologist but I'm pretty sure that's one of the boards that's full of great ideas about the females and those of the swarthy persuasion.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

The board is celebrating right now that one of their own taught the "normies" a lesson.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

SedanChair posted:

Can you just call me real quick so I can capture your screams? I'm with CNN, I need to imbibe your vital essence.

Favorite part of the Scream movies.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Gravel Gravy posted:

Favorite part of the Scream movies.

"What's your favorite.... school shooting?"

Coatlicue
Sep 14, 2012

it doesn't matter
how fast or how far,
you're still runnin' like a fool

Hahaha.... :smith: yeah there is pretty much no tragedy that will make gun control a viable legislative issue. I was so certain that Sandy Hook would bring about at least a small symbolic concession to at least acknowledge the horror of what happened. I am pretty disillusioned now.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
The controls people are asking for are just, like, national background checks and closing the gun show loophole right?

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

zoux posted:

For doing their job?

I hope you're as understanding as you are with the NRA when they respond to this tragedy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

pathetic little tramp posted:

The controls people are asking for are just, like, national background checks and closing the gun show loophole right?

That's a strange way of spelling TAKE ALL YOUR GUNS AWAY AND CAUSE RED DAWN

• Locked thread