Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

My boss is on vacation, texting me ICD10 memes.

I didn't have to deal with any of that poo poo today. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Sirotan posted:

My boss is on vacation, texting me ICD10 memes.

I didn't have to deal with any of that poo poo today. :toot:

Yeah, we have to deal with the whole ICD10 crap. I do love some of the new codes. Favorite is "Struck by turtle".

Dragyn
Jan 23, 2007

Please Sam, don't use the word 'acumen' again.
Bizarre Appearance R46.1
Very low level of personal hygiene R46.0

It seems goons have their very own ICD10 codes.

Simpleboo
Oct 19, 2013

I thought you were joking so I googled ICD10 codes. Apparently your doctor can now use "Stabbed while crocheting" and "Hurt at the opera" to describe your condition. I bet the guy writing the list is a final destination fan.

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.
"Fecal ingestion at travelling circus"
"Lost finger in Moscow turnstile"
"Dropped coffee mug on coccyx"

These are getting oddly specific

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

:lol: I've been so busy with other poo poo that I forgot about the ICD10 switch until just now.

Thankfully we've been using the new codes since December, but I need to push some buttons on the billing side before tomorrow. Thanks thread!

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.

porktree posted:

Ahem, QEMM. Piker.

Memory Commander uber alles.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
What's the difference between initial encounter and subsequent encounter?

Because there's three different codes for burns from a Kayak on fire.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Do they specify it has to be the same kayak?

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

ChubbyThePhat posted:

Do they specify it has to be the same kayak?

Probably hit by a second kayak that was also on fire.

pr0digal
Sep 12, 2008

Alan Rickman Overdrive

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Pretty sure it's followup visits.

Though it would be funnier if it keeps happening to someone. "Jimmy you've been bitten by a goose in Central Park for the fifth time! You have to learn"

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

18 Character Limit posted:

But what is third kayak

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The medevac kayak.

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

larchesdanrew posted:

But what is third kayak

Y33.XXXS A mass casualty event at the kayak viking funeral, sequela

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

18 Character Limit posted:

This made my day

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

I just now got a ticket from a user that wants to know if he can run any reports on his long-distance (international) calling charges on a per-user basis. It is taking all of my available willpower not to say something like "Why, of course we offer such a report! I believe it is referred to as your 'Phone Bill' and can be run once per month!"

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

I created my own ticket:

Covering at a co-worker's site today as he is sick with the plague. Spinning up a new terminal server in preparation to migrate them over to it. Terminal server GPO is not applying. Ran gpresult to see why and it's being security filtered. I check the TS is in the correct OU and what the security filtering on the GPO is set to, everything looks fine. Any ideas why my GPO is getting noped out when it tries to push itself to the TS? Is there some other security filter I'm not checking?

Actuarial Fables
Jul 29, 2014

Taco Defender
We recently became a victim of a targeted phishing attack, leading to a bunch of compromised account and us ending up on a bunch of blacklists. Due to the large amount of people that fell for it, including a few department heads, we have forced a password change on all employees, something that we haven't done in years. We gave everyone a weeks notice to change their password before being forced too.

Most were alright with it, but one person was upset that he had to change his 5 year old password, and sent over an email to voice their displeasure.

Forced Password Change posted:

The claimed merit for this incursion on our freedom of password, that of enhancing security, is totally bogus. Why don't you, instead of merely being imperious and commanding that it be done, explain with rational reasoning why suddenly changing everybody's password enhances security? The answer probably is that you can't! The reason is that it makes no sense, unless what has happened is that the security of the system has been totally undermined by some failures of the computing services department and you have had everybody's password stolen by hackers.

My new password is going to be no more secure than my five year old password because it is either known, or becomes known, to unauthorised persons or it is not known. Its age has no effect whatever. Therefore I protest at this unecessary peremptory demand which has no merit whatever. Of course anyone foolish enough to have fallen for the recent spate of phishing emails needs to change their password but that does not require the rest of the <<school>> world to do likewise. If you can convince me otherwise then I will apologise but you will have to have genuine reasons and not just a bald statement that it is in fact the case.
I wish him the best of luck protesting the password change. :)

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Holy poo poo, I think "freedom of password" is one of the best things I've read in a while. :lol:

J
Jun 10, 2001

my freedom of password

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
It's in the Constitution!!!!!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
men died for my right to set my password to "password1" :patriot:

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost
RE: A ticket came in: are freedom of Pa'as-Wurd!!1!

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Hasaple posted:

We recently became a victim of a targeted phishing attack, leading to a bunch of compromised account and us ending up on a bunch of blacklists. Due to the large amount of people that fell for it, including a few department heads, we have forced a password change on all employees, something that we haven't done in years. We gave everyone a weeks notice to change their password before being forced too.

Most were alright with it, but one person was upset that he had to change his 5 year old password, and sent over an email to voice their displeasure.

I wish him the best of luck protesting the password change. :)

Looks like someone's earnt a special password policy all of their own, complete with a high level of complexity and a short aging.

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday

spog posted:

Looks like someone's earnt a special password policy all of their own, complete with a high level of complexity and a short aging.

Minimum password age: 3 days
Maximum password age: 3 days

"I'm not sure why it's requiring you to change your password this quickly. Let me look into it and get back to you.": 3 days

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

Wizard of the Deep posted:

Minimum password age: 3 days
Maximum password age: 3 days

"I'm not sure why it's requiring you to change your password this quickly. Let me look into it and get back to you.": 3 days

Passwords must meet complexity requirements: no Unicode block C0 Controls and Basic Latin
Minimum password length: 80 characters

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

Holy fuckin :lol:

Muh password freedom :911:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The directory tree of liberty must be watered with the sysadmin's blood.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Malachite_Dragon posted:

The primary windows 2000 RWDC died for my right to set my password to "password1" :patriot:

Modified; this is probably more thread accurate.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

gently caress ICD10 codes, well, mostly gently caress Nextgen for dropping 3 different updates that they just found and needed to be installed before tonight for everything to work correctly. I've been working the past 3 nights to get all that poo poo installed and in fact I'm working right now installing some new Medical Necessity update which takes about 2 hours to run, and we have our database split into 2 time zones because it's so loving huge so I have to run it twice. I'm going on vacation starting monday for 2 weeks so I think my boss is just trying to get all the work out of me before I leave. Can't wait till we get rid of Nextgen once and for all.

Aunt Beth
Feb 24, 2006

Baby, you're ready!
Grimey Drawer

OwlFancier posted:

The directory tree of liberty must be watered with the sysadmin's blood.
This had better be the new thread subtitle.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Only one ticket came in for tomorrow. It's for 11pm. To have something done that won't impact anything.

baquerd
Jul 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

mattfl posted:

gently caress ICD10 codes, well, mostly gently caress Nextgen for dropping 3 different updates that they just found and needed to be installed before tonight for everything to work correctly. I've been working the past 3 nights to get all that poo poo installed and in fact I'm working right now installing some new Medical Necessity update which takes about 2 hours to run, and we have our database split into 2 time zones because it's so loving huge so I have to run it twice. I'm going on vacation starting monday for 2 weeks so I think my boss is just trying to get all the work out of me before I leave. Can't wait till we get rid of Nextgen once and for all.

And yet there's still no "disemboweled by sentient antelope" code. Someone really dropped the ball on this one.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

OB_Juan posted:

Only one ticket came in for tomorrow. It's for 11pm. To have something done that won't impact anything.

So just lie and do it during work hours and hope nobody realises?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

iajanus posted:

So just lie and do it during work hours and hope nobody realises?

That's probably not the best plan if there's any kind of logging going on.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

mattfl posted:

Nextgen being a huge pile of poo poo is the second reason I'm glad I had a medical client decide to leave the MSP I work for (see my other posts in this thread for the first reason). That goddamn application and the company who made it can die in a loving fire. Literally NONE of our other medical clients use it and we've started recommending against using it if they ask.

Thanks Ants posted:

The medevac kayak.

Flammable Kayak Recursion

BOOTY-ADE fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Oct 2, 2015

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

boss posted:

[TEAM],

[SALES rear end in a top hat] has a customer onsite today who is in need of some rack and stack assistance. This is pretty urgent and was unplanned. This likely is a deal breaker in getting a 3 year deal signed.
Is there anyone who can assist? [SALES rear end in a top hat] can provide additional details but it sounds like 1 cab.
:supaburn:

sales rear end in a top hat posted:

Sorry, looks like a 1-year deal. He’s stressed and just needs a place to connect everything and then figure things out.

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

[Click here if you've forgotten your password]

:911:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

larchesdanrew posted:

[Click here if you've forgotten your password]

:911:

I'm clicking but it's not working FIX IT THIS IS AFFECTING PRODUCTION

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral Damage