Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

I lifted a weight, drank a cum protein shake, and then i took a nap.

I'm gay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
I benched 5x5 of 130 for the first time last night, soon I'll be able to use the big boy plates. Feels good.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

shoulda done 3x5 135 imo.

looking wicked sick while you lift >> getting stronger

monny
Oct 20, 2008

dollar dollar bill, y'all
Benched 110x7 on my 3+ day today, feels good man

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

My wife goes to Koko Fit Club and brags about being on the top of the list all the time for their fitness challenges. I asked her to do a pushup. Nope. I asked her to do one on the stairs. Nope. She was finally able to do pushups off the wall. This made her sore for a few days. What the gently caress is Koko Fit Club.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
What the gently caress is a wife.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Please tell me you guys are talking lb and not kg, otherwise :stare:

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Definitely lb, I am a weak piece of poo poo

monny
Oct 20, 2008

Kg bitch, get on my level

Dr. Snuggles
Dec 3, 2012

Tbh some of us (Pick) use this website more than others and I feel that I am unfairly subsidizing picks posting. Unless some kind of fee by post usage is enabled were basically instituting a forced welfare state of posting.
going to the gym gives you a warped sense of what average is. it's like stepping into a muscle nirvana.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
youtube is much worse

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Benched 305 today... 10lbs to go.

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Digital_Jesus posted:

Benched 305 today... 10lbs to go.

Did that last week, that next 10 lbs sounds impossible to me lol

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Stefan Prodan posted:

I benched 5x5 of 130 for the first time last night, soon I'll be able to use the big boy plates. Feels good.

The two females on my fire department bench more than you lmao

Keep at it tho don't be discouraged

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
i quit detaling cars 2 months ago so that i could go work at a gas station for min. wage just so i can sit inside, recover, and eat free hot dogs/tornados/polar pops all day long while i make my gains

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Dude I'm sure like most of the world benches more than me

Starving kids in africa probably bench more than me

I'd basically never lifted and ate enough protein regularly before in my life though so I mean I'm essentially starting from being a small computer blob

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

Stefan Prodan posted:

I'd basically never lifted and ate enough protein regularly before in my life though so I mean I'm essentially starting from being a small computer blob

Let me see if I can boil this story down to a good length.

This scrawny guy starts coming in. Pale as hell, sallow, soft belly. Probably a lot like you.

He's friendly and doing what seemed to clearly be Starting Strength-ish. Lots of squats and deads. Dude was working his rear end off. Good stuff. We chatted and talked about it. Cool guy, was tired of being a weakling, wanted to get a girlfriend.

He's regular for a long time, then disappears. Made surprisingly few gains for as often as I saw him working hard.

He reappears at the beginning of the year saying that he had been to the doctor's and they had diagnosed him as diabetic. He was on metformin. Improving his eating. He stood straighter, said he felt better than he had in a long time.

Becomes a regular gym goer again.

He tells me he's been moved to a daily shot. Looks better and better all the time. Says his food is on point, he's eliminated almost all sugar. Said it was quite the change but he's committed.

He tells me he's been moved to twice daily shots with regular testing. Still eating like a champ. Friends me on Facebook.

He tells me they're going to an insulin pump, his pancreas is failing/failed. He's making actual gains. He's changing jobs and he's going to be changing gyms.

He posted a picture of himself with a girl. I showed it to mine.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Haha nice. I mean I'm married and not diabetic but I probably have a similar physique.

I don't really have any particular external reason like girls or whatever to want to get in shape, I've just never been in shape so it seemed like a cool idea and I have the time and all.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Everyone says taking the first step and starting to lift weights is the hardest. it's not. the hardest is sticking with it. doing it even when you don't feel like it. doing it even when it feels like you aren't improving. doing it when there there are 2 hot women laying naked in bed waiting for you. starting to lift weights isn't hard. never stopping is what is hard

A Tasteful Nude
Jun 3, 2013

A cool anime hagrid pic (imagine nude pls)
how many swole rear end gains do I get from drinking beer?

like, can my nerd rear end "carb macro" just be beer?

beer.... is good.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
alcohol is the gainskiller

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Also I didn't respond to the 2nd part of this but I dunno why I'd be discouraged, I was being completely serious that it feels good to see progress and almost be able to lift 135. Like I know compared to anyone who actually lifts and a lot of people who don't it's not a lot, but it's noticeably more than I could do when I started. I don't exactly know what my starting 5x5 weight was since I did stronglifts so I started with the bar and eased up but I think the first time it felt hard was at like 105 or something and I imagine I can do that pretty easily now so that feels good. I'm not discouraged at all.

Poetic Justice posted:

doing it when there there are 2 hot women laying naked in bed waiting for you.

Yea I mean I'm sure I'll have this problem come up all the time so I better get the willpower ready!!

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

A Tasteful Nude posted:

how many swole rear end gains do I get from drinking beer?

like, can my nerd rear end "carb macro" just be beer?

beer.... is good.
Just get on a cyclical ketosis diet or something where you need to gorge on carbs every weekend, then drink a bunch of beer and eat a whole pizza while you're hungover. It's science

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
If you eat one fast food calorie at any point in your life just forget about having a good bod.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

notZaar posted:

If you eat one fast food calorie at any point in your life just forget about having a good bod.

but Defiant Sally?

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.
im a crossfit weight irl

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.

Retarded Goatee posted:

im a crossfit weight irl

Look strong but all hallow and plastic in the inside

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Also a hot young twink guy corrected my form the other day when I was doing the stronglifts barbell rows and I guess I had my back bent a little bit. He was really nice but I didn't offer to suck his dick in the locker room afterwards so maybe that was poor form on my part?

I heard him talking later to some dudes about doing actual bodybuilding shows. He was a really small but swole dude like Tiny Lowtax

I hope I can look like that dude in like 5 years

Stefan Prodan fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Oct 2, 2015

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

Stefan Prodan posted:

Also a hot young twink guy corrected my form the other day when I was doing the stronglifts barbell rows and I guess I had my back bent a little bit. He was really nice but I didn't offer to suck his dick in the locker room afterwards so maybe that was poor form on my part?

I heard him talking later to some dudes about doing actual bodybuilding shows. He was a really small but swole dude like Tiny Lowtax

I hope I can look like that dude in like 5 years

were you following him around eavesdropping just to make sure you didn't break any advice = dick sucking etiquette?

monny
Oct 20, 2008

Going to some charity dinner thing tonight, had to get suited up and my rear end is close to tearing my pants. Squats :bahgawd:

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

ZombieParts posted:

were you following him around eavesdropping just to make sure you didn't break any advice = dick sucking etiquette?

Haha nah I just go really late at night so you can pretty much hear any conversation going on around the weights

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

monny posted:

Going to some charity dinner thing tonight, had to get suited up and my rear end is close to tearing my pants. Squats :bahgawd:

I tried to squeeze into my deadlift suit the other day to gently caress around with it because noticed it in my pile of lifting gear.

I got it on, technically, but couldn't get my hands within a foot of the bar and now I have bruises all over my traps.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

straps for Romanian dls or no??

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Mortimer posted:

straps for Romanian dls or no??

Yeah, you can target your hamstrings better

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
What in the absolute gently caress is this thread about?

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
it's about posting like retards and sometimes discussing exercise without getting gassed or probated like this would inside the exercise hugbox

but you already knew that dumbshit

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

Alfalfa posted:

gay sex

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Alfalfa posted:

Swole guys, twinks and being over 30. Also proteins, pre workout and testosterone replacement therapy. Just a chill place to be swole without judgement (there is lots of judgement).

Edit: but jebany got banned and TinyLowtax got probated, so there's less judgement than usual.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Alfalfa posted:

Idiots trying to feel superior to the average gym goer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Alfalfa posted:

dudes who look like this

giving good advice on how to look like this

• Locked thread