Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Fenrir posted:

Yeah man, guys like Rodgers and Peyton are totally easy to find, why are 20+ teams starting mediocre-to-bad QBs, y'all are so dumb :derp:

And the Bears are bad but they're not 0-16 bad. They'll find 3 games to win somewhere, at least. They have to play the Lions twice.

I can see you are being facetious, but you see, what she asked for was a QB who could run and throw, AND read defenses like Peyton or Rodgers. Those are much more common than you realize. :eng101:

But to further the mocking of her, Rodgers is generally near the top for QB rushing yards/season. He is a running/throwing QB who can read defenses like Rodgers.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Sep 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
I guess we just have to clone Rodgers.

Wait. Nevermind, gently caress that.

Unless the secret is something only known by the Packers front office, and no one else figures it out.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
the dumbest thing she said was giving Peyton Manning as an example of a QB that can run and pass

I mean, c'mon, Peyton can't pass anymore

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Magicpants posted:

the dumbest thing she said was giving Peyton Manning as an example of a QB that can run and pass

I mean, c'mon, Peyton can't pass anymore

:laffo:

Catfish Stevens
Jul 9, 2001

WHO DAT? Who gives a damn?

Fenrir posted:

I guess we just have to clone Rodgers.

Wait. Nevermind, gently caress that.

Unless the secret is something only known by the Packers front office, and no one else figures it out.

Well we know he's probably not going to reproduce..

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

sean10mm posted:

That's all nice, but at the end of the day you're still left with a pretty appalling game-day coach.

Yeah, but his assistants seems cool and with us doing so badly, they probably won't get poached :buddy:

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

The Glumslinger posted:

Yeah, but his assistants seems cool and with us doing so badly, they probably won't get poached :buddy:

Thank god, because fangio is the real deal. Look at how well they played the packers with way less talent than the chiefs

js86
Jul 22, 2012
I still think the worst part of last year was after Kromer got caught talking poo poo behind Cutler's back, Trestman decided not to fire him and said that this would "be a good learning experience" for the rest of the team. I think he said that during a press conference too. I'm not sure how the media didn't laugh their asses off and how stupid he sounded.

ArgaWarga
Apr 8, 2005

dare to fail gloriously

mastershakeman posted:

Thank god, because fangio is the real deal. Look at how well they played the packers with way less talent than the chiefs

I think Fangio is p good but on the other hand

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
This is equivalent to an estate sale, right?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

ArgaWarga posted:

This is photoshopped, right?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

ArgaWarga posted:

whats the context of this play

Nov 6, 2002

It had better be there's 4 seconds left and they need a touchdown to win.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

From what I remember there was about 20 seconds left in the first half, first and 10 from the 20 with Seattle having 2 timeouts left. They basically conceded 15 yards for free for no reason.

Wilson took the gimme 15 yards and then Seattle had about 15 seconds left with the clock stopped and the ball on the 3 yard line. They had 3 shots at the end zone and blew it, but that doesn't mean the playcall was anything but horrible. I couldn't believe it when I saw them line up like that in that spot.

edit: just looked up the PBP again and if you're wondering, seattle once again did not attempt a rush in that situation

Iodised QQ fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Oct 1, 2015

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Volkerball posted:

whats the context of this play

2nd and 6, 5:13 in the first quarter

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

GNU Order posted:

huh.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

GNU Order posted:

Nah, that's at the end of the 1st half, less than a minute to go.

But it was still a real dumb mistake anyway. I think I heard that Fox and Fangio got mixed up on either the time to play or how many timeouts the Seahawks had left.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

my post was, much like the Bears secondary, a joke

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

GNU Order posted:

my post was, much like the Bears secondary, a joke

A good football joke

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

ArgaWarga posted:

That was basically the Mel Tucker defense every play.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

The Bears defense is pretty mediocre at the moment, which is a huge improvement over last years defense. Fangio and Gase are both pretty incredible. You can see that both sides of the ball are being coached well. I mean, the Bears were holding their own with Arizona before Cutler got hurt. I'm not saying it wouldn't have ended up a blowout, because it would have. It just wouldn't have gotten out of hand as quickly as it did without that. They kept the Packer's game respectable for about a half. Their defense was keeping them in the game against Seattle, and if not for that special teams touchdown, they might have been able to keep it closer for longer.

Those are arguably the three best teams in the NFC and the Bears are so absolutely devoid of talent, that is it amazing it didn't fall apart faster. There are maybe three defensive players that will be on this roster in two years starting now.

Also, I believe Vereen was cut because of how terrible we've been on special teams. I'm guessing they blame him.

ArgaWarga
Apr 8, 2005

dare to fail gloriously

Vereen will become a demigod on the Patriots

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Page 6 had me laughing so hard I couldn't breathe and I haven't really been able to stop since

So g/j thread

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

ArgaWarga posted:

Vereen will become a demigod on the Patriots

Just signed with the Vikings practice squad.
Welcome home. :)

ArgaWarga
Apr 8, 2005

dare to fail gloriously

OxySnake posted:

Just signed with the Vikings practice squad.
Welcome home. :)

gently caress I was thinking of Bostic

Nov 6, 2002

If the Bears were to trade Forte, the other team would need $5.2 million in cap space.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Do you have a link for that? I swear I have heard diffetent numbers from different sources and the salary cap is inscrutable voodoo to me.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Is Joe Flacco the qb of a future 0-16 team?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

axeil posted:

Even if we lose tonight AND to Cleveland next week, in a few weeks we will get the Chargers, Jaguars, and Rams in three consecutive home games. I highly doubt we would lose them all.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Kawalimus posted:

Even if we lose tonight AND to Cleveland next week, in a few weeks we will get the Chargers, Jaguars, and Rams in three consecutive home games. I highly doubt we would lose them all.

I've had it with your Mr. Sunshine homer bullshit, Kawalimus, get your head out of the clouds.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
It's more neutral than sunshine. If we lost those three games and hadn't got a win yet then we definitely have a chance. But then we would still have KC at home. This team just isn't bad enough.

I don't have to be a homer or use weird loopy logic like if I don't praise the Ravens in every single post that somehow equals criticism. Or if Flacco has a really bad game I don't have to say stuff like "the greatest QB in the history of the NFL is lulling his competition to sleep by throwing the previous contest". That's what Im holding myself to. But I can't be super negative in the game thread or constantly "doomsay". I might get negative thoughts but I will hold my tongue.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
the oakland raiders are favorites for the first time in 27 games.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Volkerball posted:

the oakland raiders are favorites for the first time in 27 games.

Raiders gonna make a strong playoff push this year. It owns.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

enm

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Oct 2, 2015

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Trade Gould to Pittsburgh for a 1st

ArgaWarga
Apr 8, 2005

dare to fail gloriously

Lt. Chips posted:

Do you have a link for that? I swear I have heard diffetent numbers from different sources and the salary cap is inscrutable voodoo to me.

@AaronLemingNFL posted:

Aaron Leming ‏@AaronLemingNFL Sep 30
Also worth keeping in mind: Forte's cap hit will be somewhere in the $5.5-6M if traded. About 16 could afford him. Many not looking at RBs.

Best I have at the moment

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

axeil posted:

:laffo: look at this loving moron.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

lol

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
The AFC now has no winless teams.

Suck it NFC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Scoffing for Goff.

• Locked thread