Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They seem to be pretty stuck with 2016 as the release year in general

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

March or something was the release date of the release date, they were willing to come out and set 2016 as a definite range though.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Szurumbur posted:

Star Ocean 6, that's easy - I'd recognize that sexy witch everywhere.

I was gonna say, Star Ocean is pretty obvious.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Checkerboard Witch is the most interesting part of Star Ocean 6. Even the main character's name is barely stupid at all.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
6 characters active in battle is the most interesting thing. I can't remember if any game went above 4 before as an active party.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Nihilarian posted:

Checkerboard Witch is the most interesting part of Star Ocean 6. Even the main character's name is barely stupid at all.

I guess they got the silly name team to work on the title instead

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
it's star ocean 5, guys.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Edge Maverick will forever be the greatest name a fictional character ever had.

FrantzX
Jan 28, 2007
Fayt Leingod.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Star Ocean is like the candy corn of JRPGs

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Candy corn is delicious so I'm not entirely sure what your point is.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh god, you're one of those people

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Candy corn is loving disgusting, hth

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
:golfclap:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Baal posted:

Star Ocean is like the candy corn of JRPGs

Great in concept, the first two are good, and then the rest make you projectile vomit?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

The White Dragon posted:

Great in concept, the first two are good, and then the rest make you projectile vomit?

The Mega Bloks of RPGS.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I was pretty happy with Jack Russel tbh.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Gologle posted:

Candy corn is loving disgusting, hth

I... completely agree!

The White Dragon posted:

Brilliant.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
i played SO3 all the way to the final boss and then i couldn't beat him because i didn't have enough healing items left to last through the fight

they make you run this ridiculous gauntlet of like four consecutive dungeons all in a row between the last town and the final boss

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
Just finished replaying the Huge Materia stuff with my girlfriend. Still think FFVII is the best in the series. Being called "those terrorists!" is weird. Cid's belief that science will save the world never rang truer.

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

I played FF7 with my friend as a kid, he had a little walkthrough guide book that came with a magazine and it was weirdly opinionated against Cid. An annoying character and useless in combat, apparently. It was also so terribly written as a guide that it took us 3 hours to find Wutai.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Picking up DImensions again, and in Matoya's chapter right now. My characters are around 44-45 and I feel like I'm really under leveled as I tackle the sewers beneath Gardenia. The random encounters hurt, like getting run over by a million trucks carrying a million smaller trucks.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Playing FFX HD. Random question, but what's considered the 'end' of Rikku's sphere grid path? I just learned Bribe, and due to a lack of L3 keyspheres, there's nowhere else to go that doesn't involve copious backtracking. Is it safe to send her down Auron or Wakka's paths now?

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
how do you go through life not having eaten an avocado smh

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Playing FFX HD. Random question, but what's considered the 'end' of Rikku's sphere grid path? I just learned Bribe, and due to a lack of L3 keyspheres, there's nowhere else to go that doesn't involve copious backtracking. Is it safe to send her down Auron or Wakka's paths now?

I can't answer specifically, but what kind of sphere grid are you using. Expert/Normal are different so could have different ability distribution. That should help get you a proper answer from people who have better memory of FFX than me.

corn in the fridge posted:

how do you go through life not having eaten an avocado smh

I haven't had an avocado or a Starbucks coffee.
I do live in a bit of a shithole though so that's probably why.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Aurain posted:

I can't answer specifically, but what kind of sphere grid are you using. Expert/Normal are different so could have different ability distribution. That should help get you a proper answer from people who have better memory of FFX than me.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Using the Expert sphere grid, for what it's worth.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Armitage posted:

Picking up DImensions again, and in Matoya's chapter right now. My characters are around 44-45 and I feel like I'm really under leveled as I tackle the sewers beneath Gardenia. The random encounters hurt, like getting run over by a million trucks carrying a million smaller trucks.

Yeah that areas a bit of an rear end in a top hat, because if I remember correctly the jobs you've gotten to that point (only Ranger, yes?) aren't great, but if you're like me you want to use it anyway because new job, and it only makes it worse on yourself. Thankfully Dancer is even worse! IIRC, the only reason you level these two jobs up is for the F-Abilities they make it possible to make, which are extremely potent.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Gologle posted:

Yeah that areas a bit of an rear end in a top hat, because if I remember correctly the jobs you've gotten to that point (only Ranger, yes?) aren't great, but if you're like me you want to use it anyway because new job, and it only makes it worse on yourself. Thankfully Dancer is even worse! IIRC, the only reason you level these two jobs up is for the F-Abilities they make it possible to make, which are extremely potent.

What is a reliable way to learn f-abilities anyway? I can look up what abilities I need, it's just a matter of them taking about, say, 100-125 battles before I can learn them.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Am I right in thinking the FF15 soundtrack is going to be mostly mediocre?
Yoko isn't a bad composer or anything, it's just that she hasn't changed her preferred style much, if at all, since like, the PS1 days. And it seems in full force in FF15, that demo boss fight music is straight up anemic.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yes, I've listened to the whole thing and it's bad. Sorry.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I think there will be some largely forgettable tracks, and a couple standout really good ones.

This is my prediction for the year 2016.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Armitage posted:

What is a reliable way to learn f-abilities anyway? I can look up what abilities I need, it's just a matter of them taking about, say, 100-125 battles before I can learn them.

It's just random. I've had an F-Ability show up on the first use, and I've had them take 30-40 ability uses to show.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Sakurazuka posted:

Yes, I've listened to the whole thing and it's bad. Sorry.

dang.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I guess you should stop playing games then, hope is all lost.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Honestly, the last Shimomura soundtrack I heard was Super Mario RPG, so I have no clue how she's evolved as a composer. I thought the XV demo tracks were fine, if a bit...wallpaper-y.

Hitoshi Sakimoto forever, though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hey guys I heard the people that did the music for the Sonic DS RPG and the dual-shock version of Resident Evil are teaming up for the FF7 Remake soundtrack!

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Oct 3, 2015

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

And now I have super deja vu....

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

HD DAD posted:

Honestly, the last Shimomura soundtrack I heard was Super Mario RPG, so I have no clue how she's evolved as a composer. I thought the XV demo tracks were fine, if a bit...wallpaper-y.

Hitoshi Sakimoto forever, though.

The Parasite Eve soundtrack owns.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Excels posted:

it's star ocean 5, guys.

Star Ocean Five Guys????????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007