Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
every time I see Toriel die it kills my determination

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Shitstorm and undertale, truly the golden month of LPs

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Knowing Woolie might one day leave his Woolie-hole and steal the pie fills you with determination.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

hubris.height posted:

every time I see Toriel die it kills my determination

I killed Toriel in my first playthrough. I think it's the "intended" first playthrough route. Poor Mom Cow. :smith:

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

killing toriel is a really strong emotional moment for a lot of reasons

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Its not obvious how DETERMINED you have to be on your first playthrough and its heartbreaking

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Matt: So for the replay/part 3 are you going to show some of the stuff you have to play again? Or are you picking up where you left off?

e: You murderer.

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Oct 2, 2015

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I'm surprised Undertale is tonight. I thought today would be the first shitstorm video.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Undertale is its own separate slot I think.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Dias posted:

I killed Toriel in my first playthrough. I think it's the "intended" first playthrough route. Poor Mom Cow. :smith:

my first time I just kept talking till I got frustrated and looked it up, there was no way that was happening on my watch, but I can see how someone might go 'oh I have to'

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Tae posted:

I'm surprised Undertale is tonight. I thought today would be the first shitstorm video.

Who said it isn't?

hubris.height posted:

my first time I just kept talking till I got frustrated and looked it up, there was no way that was happening on my watch, but I can see how someone might go 'oh I have to'

I misunderstood what one of the frogs said, and Toriel has some hard-rear end bullet patterns, so after talking a bunch I figured "oh, I suppose I have to fight her, I can't make her yellow".

Nevertheless, I avoided that trap when it presented itself again.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Dias posted:

It seems to be a really common mistake - but there is a frog who says you may have to use mercy even when it seems like its not possible. If you also saw the trailer that says "the game where noone has to die" or are just a particularly stubborn person you might give mercy a few tries. I think it only takes one or two tries before it starts to illicit responses from Toriel.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Dias posted:

Gief is cool and all but would it kill Capcom to put a loving FIREBALL CHARACTER IN THEIR STUPID GAME

...sorry.

They've decided to make up for SNK's past crimes and put out a reverse to SVC Chaos.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

HGH posted:

Undertale is its own separate slot I think.

So are we getting 3 videos during the shitstorm? That's pretty hype.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

After 21 hours spent on Undertale, an SBF LP is just what I need to wind down from playing it.

I'll watch the first part tomorrow, but I am very much looking forward to their reaction to screwing up the fight with goat mom.

e: They're going in blind and they're super upbeat. This is going to be an amazing LP.

Doctor_Fruitbat fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Oct 2, 2015

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Tae posted:

So are we getting 3 videos during the shitstorm? That's pretty hype.

yeah matt confirmed as much on tumblr

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Favorite part of this first undertale video is Liam seeming to fully understand how Mercy works after some time and giving instructions- then the literal second Toriel attacks it's KILL HER

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Matt's doing everything in his power to avert the internet's rage and make it known they'll find the run button before too long.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

A good poster posted:

Matt's doing everything in his power to avert the internet's rage and make it known they'll find the run button before too long.

I wish Undertale had a run button.

please don't tell me it has a run button

or a jump one

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Is the reason the UDG LP is taking so long is because Liam doesn't know there's a run button?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Dias posted:

or a jump one

It has a walk in place button.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Looks like their controller wasn't working so they thought they had to fight, same thing happened to me so I switched to a keyboard.

I think the controller support is a bit janky.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

rip woolie and liam

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Let it be known that all who pick cinnamon over bscotch shall be caught and executed should they cross south of the Maison-Dixon.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Dias posted:

or a jump one

No, I meant that as a phrase for "LPer figures out basic game mechanic that they'd missed for several videos by not paying attention."

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

A good poster posted:

No, I meant that as a phrase for "LPer figures out basic game mechanic that they'd missed for several videos by not paying attention."

I know.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Reset or no reset they are NEVER going to actually navigate to the true end.

E:Liam "Brad" Shoemaker

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Oct 2, 2015

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Rodyle posted:

Reset or no reset they are NEVER going to actually navigate to the true end.

With enough determination, anything is possible.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
it is time

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I just want to so say I love the shitstorm. Thanks Matt

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
It would be great if they get the true ending and then make a bonus video, like a compilation of them playing through the genocide run, showing the important parts and their reactions. Would be a really great and more complete LP if that happened. They're gonna have a bad time if they try, though.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
Matt, do not let anyone convince you to do a genocide run, for any price. Do not literally sell your soul.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
this is the first video of the shitstorm and pat sounds like he's about to have a loving breakdown

he spends like a solid minute standing still refusing to go further into a dark room and babbling about how he wishes he had a rock for a head so people could call him rockhead

god I love october

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

hubris.height posted:

Matt, do not let anyone convince you to do a genocide run, for any price. Do not literally sell your soul.

Let's be honest, the Genocide path is not good for an LP. It's a lot of dull emptiness with occasional patches of misery and bad times.

Probably for the best they did a do-over on this one, though. It'll let them become familiar with some of the more meta aspects of the game.

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010
Can we ever get a video of how Pat gets into bed? Please?

It would perfect the channel. And website.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Oxxidation posted:

Let's be honest, the Genocide path is not good for an LP. It's a lot of dull emptiness with occasional patches of misery and bad times.

Probably for the best they did a do-over on this one, though. It'll let them become familiar with some of the more meta aspects of the game.

Yea absolutely -- to both

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
http://www.famitsu.com/images/000/089/716/560a6d382b26d.html

Laura confirmed, which also pretty much confirms Zen. Also please put on a sports bra, rolling with those things loose could hurt real bad :ohdear:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

After the regular LP do a WP one where Pat genocides the underground to Woolie's ever increasing horror.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Dias posted:

http://www.famitsu.com/images/000/089/716/560a6d382b26d.html

Laura confirmed, which also pretty much confirms Zen. Also please put on a sports bra, rolling with those things loose could hurt real bad :ohdear:

I guess people from Brazil just naturally have electricity powers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Rhonne posted:

I guess people from Brazil just naturally have electricity powers.

It's common knowledge, was it that shocking for you?

YEAH I'M RECYCLING TERRIBLE JOKES WHAT OF IT