Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

I thought school food here is pretty good, I stopped eating it because being part of the transport chain the lack of hygiene during transport made me not want it anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I eat school food pretty regularly, my SO gets to take home surplus food sometimes. It's a good way to save money, get lunch for work. I think the food is generally pretty good, but salty.

Fortunately we haven't yet been utterly destroyed by centralization here so schools here still have their own kitchens.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

His Divine Shadow posted:

Fortunately we haven't yet been utterly destroyed by centralization here so schools here still have their own kitchens.

See that is key. I spent almost all my school-life eating centralised overproduced inedible mush. However, my high-school was smaller and had an actual chef that cared about the quality of the ingredients, the food was just as good as any real lunch.

OhYeah
Jan 20, 2007

1. Currently the most prevalent form of decision-making in the western world

2. While you are correct in saying that the society owns

3. You have not for a second demonstrated here why

4. I love the way that you equate "state" with "bureaucracy". Is that how you really feel about the state

Xoidanor posted:

To call the bland and barely edible swill served at the average school cafeteria food is an insult to the over 10 000 years of culinary development that mankind has gone through. Kids only eat it because a: It's only 1 of their third meals a day and b: Because they unlike adults cannot protest. Sure, people will get all the calories and nutrients they need but you will make them miserable in the process.

From my daughter's school I've understood that the quality of the food depends on the cook. Some days it's actually quite delicious and well made, other days it just looks and tastes something you'd perhaps feed to stray animals.

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer

OhYeah posted:

I think you have to face the facts: Finland is one of the worst countries in the world. There have been so many complaints and criticism that there is no point of denying it any further. Finland is third world country. I'm sorry my friend.

It's horrible here. Please don't come.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Hob_Gadling posted:

That said, OhYeah can come. I think he'd do just fine.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Could you fucks not come to our thread please?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Ligur posted:

That said, OhYeah can come. I think he'd do just fine.

Are you hosting a Bring your own clan hood party?

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Biomute posted:

Could you fucks not come to our thread please?

But FinPol thread is horrible and the refugee thread got closed.

Maybe you could consider us posting refugees?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Puistokemisti posted:

Maybe you could consider us posting refugees?

Only if you integrate

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

TheRat posted:

Only if you integrate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zF8YkXDpm8

We'll bring our own dress, food and music culture, please respect it.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Lord have mercy

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Jävla finländare.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

kikkelivelho posted:

Jävla finländare.
Skogssvenskar.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Haha för i helvete.

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Men nu ska vi prata äkta herrar språk

Perkele

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Saatana Perkele

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Sweden confirmed more racist than Denmark.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Hmmmmm, I wonder if anything happened in late June to affect that.

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Both beaten by the compassionate Bulgarians :arghfist::mad:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Captain Scandinaiva posted:

Both beaten by the compassionate Bulgarians :arghfist::mad:
Let me tell you how I feel. :qqsay:

OhYeah
Jan 20, 2007

4. I love the way that you equate "state" with "bureaucracy". Is that how you really feel about the state
http://www.dn.se/sthlm/poliser-luras-oftare-i-bakhall/

OhYeah
Jan 20, 2007

Also tensions in Finland are rising: http://www.iltalehti.fi/iltvuutiset/201510010175202_v0.shtml

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Why are you posting finnish language stuff in the scandinavian thread ?

OhYeah
Jan 20, 2007

TheRat posted:

Why are you posting finnish language stuff in the scandinavian thread ?

Finnish country is good Scandinavian country. Go sauna, drink beer, many forests and cultures. Is Scandinavia.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

OhYeah posted:

Finnish country is good Scandinavian country. Go sauna, drink beer, many forests and cultures. Is Scandinavia.

Does not compute

quote:

Some tourist-oriented sources argue for the inclusion of Finland

Are you a tourist-oriented source?

OhYeah
Jan 20, 2007

Look we've been over this. Everybody thinks that Scandinavia equals the Nordic countries, the only ones who make the distinction are people of Sweden, Norway and Denmark and as they are in the minority, so it doesn't really matter.

On the other hand I'm not sure that Iceland and Finland would like to be grouped up with those countries, so maybe we *should* stress the difference. Maybe we should hold a referendum or something.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Roughly nobody here can read that poo poo, nor do they in all likelihood want to.

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot

OhYeah posted:

Look we've been over this. Everybody thinks that Scandinavia equals the Nordic countries, the only ones who make the distinction are people of Sweden, Norway and Denmark and as they are in the minority, so it doesn't really matter.

On the other hand I'm not sure that Iceland and Finland would like to be grouped up with those countries, so maybe we *should* stress the difference. Maybe we should hold a referendum or something.

but no/swe/de speak the "same" language, we have some ocean between them and also europe really. We're all alone in this world :(

Fader Movitz
Sep 25, 2012

Snus, snaps och saltlakrits
It doesn't really matter that people from outside of Scandinavia don't know the difference.

Scandinavia = Denmark, Norway, and Sweden. Full stop. There's already a Finnish thread.

And if you absolutely insist on posting about Finland please try and find a source that's in swedish like svenska yle or hbl or something that we can read.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
England is my favorite Scandinavian country.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Nonono, England was conquered by the danish. Don't blame the rest of us. Their king, their responsibility.

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Oct 2, 2015

Scherloch
Oct 28, 2010

Yeah!

OhYeah posted:

I just posted a link, I didn't comment it in any way. As for abandoning the discussion, I'm all for continuing it, but you brush aside every sample of evidence which suggests that there might be actual, substantial problems.
Your "evidence" amounts to a smattering of news articles, some links that discuss the fact that xenophobia exists, and a link to a lovely site that obviously set out to paint Muslims as bloodthirsty savages, that uses a flawed data-set and that offers no point of comparison. As for real , credible proof, you've offered nothing. And until you do, please gently caress off.

OhYeah posted:

If only you were as eager to accept the opinion of the majority when it came to immigration.

Also, no matter how retarded you are, in a political context (in every context for educated people, of course) Scandinavia refers to three countries, and Finland is not one of them.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
OhYeah, what fraction of muslim refugees do you think want to implement Sharia laws in their new country of residence? Is it only a small majority, like 60%, or a more severe majority, like 90+%?

OhYeah
Jan 20, 2007

Scherloch posted:

Your "evidence" amounts to a smattering of news articles, some links that discuss the fact that xenophobia exists, and a link to a lovely site that obviously set out to paint Muslims as bloodthirsty savages, that uses a flawed data-set and that offers no point of comparison. As for real , credible proof, you've offered nothing. And until you do, please gently caress off.

Kajeesus posted:

OhYeah, what fraction of muslim refugees do you think want to implement Sharia laws in their new country of residence? Is it only a small majority, like 60%, or a more severe majority, like 90+%?

All the articles that I post links to are describing real events that involve real people, every day around Europe, not just Scandinavia. The problem is not Islam as such, because it is not a monolithic entity. There are groups of muslims that are perfectly happy to kill each other and consider the other group as mortal an enemy as us. On the other hand there are plenty of secular muslims, or muslims that practice their faith but still manage to live in perfect harmony with everyone else. Every ethnicity or religion has nutters. So stop with the childish ":qq: but islamophobia" bullshit, because it's loving retarded.

The problem is that countries like Sweden have accepted anyone with open arms and actually considered integration or assimilation unnecessary or undesirable. So you have people who are perfectly fit to live in our Western society, people who will be eventually, and people who will never fit because they don't share our values and they don't see the world as we do. Those are the people who bring their twisted 7th century views on life, law, religion and gender equality to 21st century Europe. If you think I'm talking bollocks, then look at the rape and street crime statistics of Sweden and reports on segregation which all points towards the fact that you failed to create a stable, peaceful, prosperous multi-cultural society.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

OhYeah posted:

If you think I'm talking bollocks, then look at the rape and street crime statistics of Sweden and reports on segregation which all points towards the fact that you failed to create a stable, peaceful, prosperous multi-cultural society.

Wow, it's like I'm back in a 2006 Flashback thread on immigration.

You're wrong for numerous reasons but I'm sure that someone that is not on a phone can elaborate on why.

Scherloch
Oct 28, 2010

Yeah!

OhYeah posted:

All the articles that I post links to are describing real events that involve real people, every day around Europe, not just Scandinavia. The problem is not Islam as such, because it is not a monolithic entity. There are groups of muslims that are perfectly happy to kill each other and consider the other group as mortal an enemy as us. On the other hand there are plenty of secular muslims, or muslims that practice their faith but still manage to live in perfect harmony with everyone else. Every ethnicity or religion has nutters. So stop with the childish ":qq: but islamophobia" bullshit, because it's loving retarded.
But they serve as evidence of nothing but the incidents they're reporting on (and in some cases not even that). You've been asked to back up your assertions that female genital mutilators will run rampant (never mind the fact that FGM has little or nothing to do with Islam) and that Sharia law will be implemented for everyone across Western Europe. Also, a bunch of them has nothing to do with Scandinavia, and for that reason don't belong here.

And it is islamophobia when you have to support your argument that importing Muslims is bad with retarded poo poo like FGM or sharia-patrols.

OhYeah posted:

The problem is that countries like Sweden have accepted anyone with open arms and actually considered integration or assimilation unnecessary or undesirable. So you have people who are perfectly fit to live in our Western society, people who will be eventually, and people who will never fit because they don't share our values and they don't see the world as we do. Those are the people who bring their twisted 7th century views on life, law, religion and gender equality to 21st century Europe. If you think I'm talking bollocks, then look at the rape and street crime statistics of Sweden and reports on segregation which all points towards the fact that you failed to create a stable, peaceful, prosperous multi-cultural society.
I don't know why you keep talking to me as if I'm Swedish, because I've repeatedly stated that that is not the case.

As for Sweden's rape statistics, from what I understand, it's mostly due to differing methods in reporting. If a husband were to rape his wife once a day for a year, that would end up being reported as 365 cases of rape in Sweden, where as in a lot of other countries, it would be reported as one case of rape. Sweden also has a pretty wide definition of what constitutes rape, so that obviously skews the numbers further. But that's no fun, as it doesn't let you paint Muslims as sexual predators just longing to force their dick into white women. (All this based on stuff I've been told by Swedes I know).

As for street crime and all that other stuff, I don't know. Sweden's had a problem with organized crime since forever, though, so idk.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

OhYeah posted:

Are you or are you not concerned with Swedes becoming an ethnic minority in Sweden, upon which the new majority will decide to implement Sharia law? Your sources certainly seem to.

I don't understand how it's a difficult question to answer. How large is the majority of Muslims that want to implement Sharia law? If it's only 60% or so, Sweden would have to be 83% Muslim for Sharia law to be a majority issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Kajeesus posted:

Are you or are you not concerned with Swedes becoming an ethnic minority in Sweden, upon which the new majority will decide to implement Sharia law?

No.

That was more of a general response, I'm sure he is.

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Oct 2, 2015

• Locked thread