Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Everything Burrito posted:

I've been thinking about switching over to Purity. It seemed like a hassle to try to find everything CoT-related when I was messing with my list last night so I left it all in, but the more I think about it the more I want to try it out.

Hawx to the rescue.

The video's slightly dated, but in the annotations you'll see a notice to ignore all the paid mod Workshop talk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
My first time playing Skyrim, wanted to keep it simple by just sticking with the recommended first time mods. However I thought SPERG sounded great so I downloaded that as well (along with the community uncapper). I am getting perks every level, can you please give a more detailed explanation of the fix? The directions in the op are too vague for my rookie rear end

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.

FastestGunAlive posted:

My first time playing Skyrim, wanted to keep it simple by just sticking with the recommended first time mods. However I thought SPERG sounded great so I downloaded that as well (along with the community uncapper). I am getting perks every level, can you please give a more detailed explanation of the fix? The directions in the op are too vague for my rookie rear end

Did you allow SPERG to overwrite the Uncapper ini? If not, you can set it manually.
Find the SKSE_Elys_Uncapper.ini file that gets installed. In the section called 'PerksAtLevelUp' change the "3=" value from 1 to 0.5. Perk every other level now.

Delerion
Sep 8, 2008

unf unf unf
Any info on the current state of mator smash? Found it now for the first time and smashed my ~130 esps with default settings, no clue how it will work.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

That Ignorant Sap posted:

Did you allow SPERG to overwrite the Uncapper ini? If not, you can set it manually.
Find the SKSE_Elys_Uncapper.ini file that gets installed. In the section called 'PerksAtLevelUp' change the "3=" value from 1 to 0.5. Perk every other level now.

FastestGunAlive posted:

SPERG is great, unfortunately the installer is slightly hosed. First, the Uncapper ini file SPERG installs is in the wrong folder, you'll need to dig into the SPERG folders, find the Uncapper ini and manually paste it over the standard Uncapper ini.

Secondly, by default the SPERG Dawnguard and Dragonborn patches are left in the optional folder. If you have the DLCs (and you totally should) you'll need to move them manually out of the optional folder.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

sticklefifer posted:

Hawx to the rescue.

The video's slightly dated, but in the annotations you'll see a notice to ignore all the paid mod Workshop talk.

Thanks! That's helpful.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Delerion posted:

Any info on the current state of mator smash? Found it now for the first time and smashed my ~130 esps with default settings, no clue how it will work.

He just released a standalone app version of the merge plugins script. I think standalone Mator Smash is the next project for him.

What killed my enthusiasm for my last attempt at getting a modded game of Skyrim going is seeing that nothing, not the latest Mator Smash or the Wrye Bash beta version, would relieve me from having to do a bunch of manual compatibility patching. Like not even minor tweaks, just wholesale simple tedious things, hundreds of records, that neither tool could pick up. For example: The beta Wrye Bash can suck up tons of tiny patch plugins but often did not seem to actually take their changes. I just didn't want to deal with whatever that would cause and figured I would wait for the conflict resolution tools like that to refine themselves a bit. Now I spend my free time making a Skyrim mod, soon I will spend my free time making modding tools, and from there I may as well just kill myself.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Nerd Of Prey posted:

On the subject of vampire appearance: I would very strongly advise against using the mod "Vampire Texture Framework" or VTF. It gives vampires a custom texture path. Unfortunately, it does so by editing their race record, consequently breaking compatibility with all other vampire mods, Skyrim, and itself. Every vampire NPC in the game ends up with a gray head because they didn't bother to export new facegen for them. There are mods that patch this, including one that I made myself, but it's such a constant fight between VTF and any other mod out there that so much as glances in the direction of a vampire... it's just not loving worth it.

I ended up just getting whatever the ones that were listed high when I searched "vampire" and sorted by most endorsed (that didn't have a bunch of comments about how they don't work). I didn't see VTF when I was looking so it must have been further down.

I'd be interested in your overhaul but I don't use apachii hair :)

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Sep 30, 2015

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.

Agents are GO! posted:

SPERG is great, unfortunately the installer is slightly hosed. First, the Uncapper ini file SPERG installs is in the wrong folder, you'll need to dig into the SPERG folders, find the Uncapper ini and manually paste it over the standard Uncapper ini.

Secondly, by default the SPERG Dawnguard and Dragonborn patches are left in the optional folder. If you have the DLCs (and you totally should) you'll need to move them manually out of the optional folder.

That's strange. I've never had any problem with it. Installed the Uncapper first, then SPERG and allowed it to overwrite the .ini, worked perfectly. Even on older versions :shrug:

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.
SPERG can sometimes not unpack the SPERG folder if you use MO, so the uncapper settings dont carry over.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Mazz posted:

SPERG can sometimes not unpack the SPERG folder if you use MO, so the uncapper settings dont carry over.

Yep. If you have a sperg folder in your sperg folder under mo/mods, it's not installed correctly. I just cut everything out of there and dump it in the first sperg folder, restart mo and it's good to go.
There should be sperg-dg and sperg-db additionally listed in your plugins.
You could be missing out on the netch calf "best friend" follower. :)

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Everything Burrito posted:

I'd be interested in your overhaul but I don't use apachii hair :)

A patch is available for users who don't have Apachii Sky Hair. It's called Apachii Sky Hair.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Mazz posted:

The SPERG uncapper is "SKSE_Elys_Uncapper.ini", correct?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Yes.

Hey, Nerd of Prey, please send a friend request to my steam account - same user name. I need some help with something that I think you might be able to assist me with, because of your experience making over NPCs. Thanks.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Nerd Of Prey posted:

A patch is available for users who don't have Apachii Sky Hair. It's called Apachii Sky Hair.

lol

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Hey man I tried to find that patch but they want me to install a bunch of silly anime hair with it!

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon

sticklefifer posted:

It's really not difficult to grab darker night ones out of the archive. It's a quick replacement in MO. There are also some skyrimprefs.ini tweaks you can do to make ambient light darker at night, and separate ones for day too.

However, I tried taking out CoT and replacing all CoT-dependent compatibility mods and installing Purity instead, and I'm liking nights a lot better so far. They're dark at a distance but you can still see your immediate area, and the nights are really pretty. Sometimes too dark on a cloudy night, which is interesting, but Claralux more or less takes care of the super dark nights. I never thought I'd stop using CoT but exteriors in general just look really cool with Purity + RealVision ENB, despite the author of Purity saying not to use ENB with it.

That's what I did. It just made the sky darker. The problem I'm having is that the lighting on the rest of the textures makes it look like there's a really bright moon at night even when it's cloudy. Contrasts weirdly with the now very dark sky (I've tried all the nights and had no.3 active last time). I've actually removed CoT and installed purity plus that ENB as you suggested but the problem persists just the same. Wish I knew what's going on, I think I'll just have to start again and try to figure out by elimination.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Agents are GO! posted:

Yes.

Hey, Nerd of Prey, please send a friend request to my steam account - same user name. I need some help with something that I think you might be able to assist me with, because of your experience making over NPCs. Thanks.

There are a bunch of you on there, describe your avatar or gimme your initials or something so I know which one it is. Or you can add me, I'm "nerd of prey" and my avatar is

I know people's feelings about that hair mod are mixed, and it's annoying that they split it up into 3 plugins, but it's one of those things where I feel like the advantages really outweigh the disadvantages. It's great to have as sort of a modding shorthand, like once you have it you can use all kinds of custom NPC mods without having to download more hair meshes, and people like me can build mods that use it as a master instead of having to get asset-use permission, create an assload of head parts and form lists in the creation kit, and package up an assload of extra files. It saves everybody a lot of time.

P.S. I ran into a little bit of technical trouble with my vampire mod last night and didn't get it uploaded. I fixed it, but didn't have time to package everything up. Probably tonight?

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Agents are GO! posted:

Hey man I tried to find that patch but they want me to install a bunch of silly anime hair with it!

You could just...not use the anime hair meshes for your character? There are something like 300 meshes in almost every hairstyle imaginable. No one is making you use the sillier ones but people seem offended even at the possibility of being able to use anime hair.

Delerion
Sep 8, 2008

unf unf unf
Trip report with mator smash: AoS doesn't work with it at all, meaning the sound effects get smashed wrong apparently.

I switched from smashed patch to making a merged, then a bashed patch and the sounds work fine now.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Woolie Wool posted:

You could just...not use the anime hair meshes for your character? There are something like 300 meshes in almost every hairstyle imaginable. No one is making you use the sillier ones but people seem offended even at the possibility of being able to use anime hair.

That's 300 hair meshes taking up a lot of space in a mod folder. I object more to the size of the thing than anything.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Thank you all for the help on SPERG. Not seeing an "optional" folder anywhere w/ DLC stuff in it so I assume I'm good on that front

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.

FastestGunAlive posted:

Thank you all for the help on SPERG. Not seeing an "optional" folder anywhere w/ DLC stuff in it so I assume I'm good on that front

Nah its not an optional folder, if it didn't unpack correctly there will be another SPERG folder inside your SPERG mod folder. If you can find a nested SPERG folder like this, then it didn't unpack correctly. The uncapper.ini was in there for me, so I wasn't getting the perk changes either at first.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Surprise Giraffe posted:

That's what I did. It just made the sky darker. The problem I'm having is that the lighting on the rest of the textures makes it look like there's a really bright moon at night even when it's cloudy. Contrasts weirdly with the now very dark sky (I've tried all the nights and had no.3 active last time). I've actually removed CoT and installed purity plus that ENB as you suggested but the problem persists just the same. Wish I knew what's going on, I think I'll just have to start again and try to figure out by elimination.

Huh, weird. Do you have another lighting mod installed? I also use ELFX. ELFX is mostly for interiors but there's an Exterior .esp component to it. I load Purity after ELFX Exteriors and I get the nights I was talking about. Otherwise you may have something else that conflicts, or your load order may be borked. Purity should be last in your load order, including after ENB and any other lighting mods, except for Bashed/Merged patches which should always be dead last.

The only other thing I can think of is whatever textures you're using that affect landscapes/exterior objects. I know some people make theirs have a higher albedo.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Now available: Hott Vampires 2: The Quickening

I put up - as a totally separate download - this crazy vampire eye texture that I made for myself:

I was going for something less demonic and more like a person who's a little "off" and maybe has something wrong with their blood. Designed for non-glowing eyes. I'm really a fan of the idea that vampires can hide in plain sight.

Check out the image captions for a lot of really dumb jokes. I'm into doing that lately. Only God can judge me!!

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine
I'm an amateur to this whole thing (Started Skyrim last week and, amazingly, unlike Morrowind and Oblivion, everything clicked and I fell instantly in love) so I'm not sure which mod did it, but it appears one of my mods has permanently removed robes. The wizards and priests I come across now are mostly naked, and I know some of them had robes before.

Is there a way to return them? Even when I disabled all my mods and loaded my save, the robes were gone, so the characters present in my save game at least are naked. Will characters I haven't met yet since I installed that mod be okay? (All the previously-robed characters I've seen like this so far, I'd first met before installing [and removing] that mod)

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Try clicking on them and type resetinventory.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
1 2 3!
Nope, even turning off all the mods (except USKP) and doing resurrect didn't fix it. Pickpocketing Farengar, I still see clothes in his inventory... he's just decided not to wear them. Weird. Oh well, not game breaking. I can simply headcanon that mages and priests are like Indian ascetics.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Sounds like a leveled list conflict. Did you make a bashed patch?

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
Anyone know why my Temporal Shift teleport spell from Immersive College of Winterhold would not be working? I did the full questline to become archmage, but every time I try to use it I just become paralyzed and fall over. I've heard there is a 24 hour cooldown on it, but I have never gotten it to work at any point. I'm guessing some kind of mod conflict that would be too tedious to track down if it's not something I'm mechanically doing wrong.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

graynull posted:

Anyone know why my Temporal Shift teleport spell from Immersive College of Winterhold would not be working? I did the full questline to become archmage, but every time I try to use it I just become paralyzed and fall over. I've heard there is a 24 hour cooldown on it, but I have never gotten it to work at any point. I'm guessing some kind of mod conflict that would be too tedious to track down if it's not something I'm mechanically doing wrong.

Are you actually paralyzed/frozen/stiff, or do you ragdoll?

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?

BattleCattle posted:

Are you actually paralyzed/frozen/stiff, or do you ragdoll?

I go stiff/green and fall over, then slowly get back up. Not a long time, but happens every time I've tried to use it.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
1 2 3!

GunnerJ posted:

Sounds like a leveled list conflict. Did you make a bashed patch?

No, but it seems my concern about 'what about mages I haven't met yet' isn't a worry, because Farengar and Danica remain the only nudists.

Kenlon
Jun 27, 2003

Digitus Impudicus
So, I've done it to myself again. I got the hankering to play Skyrim, and ended up with a whole pile of mods installed before starting the game.
Now I'm more than a few hours in, and I'm running into texture issues - weapons, specifically. Is there anything obviously off with this load order? What's the best way to try to figure out why I've got blank textures?

Load order:
Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Dawnguard.esm
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
HearthFires.esm
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp
PumpingIron.esp
DYNAVISION Dynamic Depth of Field.esp
iHUD.esp
SkyRe_Main.esp
Chesko_LoreBasedLoadingScreens.esp
SkyRe_EnemyScaling.esp
WetandCold.esp
WetandCold - Ashes.esp
JKs Skyrim.esp
3DNPC.esp
Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul.esp
Purity.esp
Civil War Overhaul.esp
SkyRe_EncounterZones.esp
BetterQuestObjectives.esp
ESFCompanions.esp
JKs Windhelm.esp
JK's Falkreath.esp
JK's Rorikstead.esp
JKs Solitude.esp
JK's Dawnstar.esp
JK's Winterhold.esp
JK's Riverwood.esp
JKs Whiterun.esp
JKs Riften.esp
Cloaks.esp
Run For Your Lives.esp
JKs Dragon Bridge.esp
JKs Markarth.esp
JK's Morthal.esp
JK's Ivarstead.esp
SkyRe_StandingStones.esp
Chesko_Frostfall.esp
1nivWICCloaks.esp
1nivWICSkyCloaksPatch.esp
SkyUI.esp
Convenient Horses.esp
SkyRe_Races.esp
SkyRe_Survivalism.esp
CombatDramaOverhaul.esp
Dragon Combat Overhaul.esp
FireAndIceOverhaul.esp
ImportantInformationOverhaul.esp
Thieves Guild Requirements.esp
aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-AMBSkyforgePatch.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-SkyRePatch.esp
When Vampires Attack.esp
ReadingTakesTime.esp
3DNPC Alternative Locations.esp
SkyRe_EnemyAI.esp
ESFAela.esp
iNeed.esp
SkyRe_Combat.esp
AMB Glass Variants Lore.esp
Differently Ebony.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
ReProccer.esp
tes5merged.esp
Bashed Patch, 0.esp

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis

Golbez posted:

No, but it seems my concern about 'what about mages I haven't met yet' isn't a worry, because Farengar and Danica remain the only nudists.

It's possibly Immersive College if you have that one installed. If you do, just disable/enable any nudists and they should put on their robes and wizard hats.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Kenlon posted:

So, I've done it to myself again. I got the hankering to play Skyrim, and ended up with a whole pile of mods installed before starting the game.
Now I'm more than a few hours in, and I'm running into texture issues - weapons, specifically. Is there anything obviously off with this load order? What's the best way to try to figure out why I've got blank textures?

It's almost definitely aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp. There's some kind of issue with how it's set up that causes a lot of blank textures on weapons. I think there's a patch somewhere on the mod page that fixes it.

In other news, loving Mod Organizer is screwing up my vampire mod for people who use the USKP's because it's apparently bad at letting loose facegen files overwrite .bsa's. :mad: I'm trying out a version that has the unofficial patches set as masters, but MO users will have to report back about whether that actually fixes it. In either case, thanks MO for wasting half my day with its bullshit.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.
aMidianBorn has another mod addon called the content pack I think, it has Skyforge bundled in there and I think that's the perferable way to install them. It's also the way you get the additional types of steel and elf armor in the other materials, which all look really good.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Quick questions about SPERG and Archery.

1) Does everything that says "bow" in the descriptions also apply to crossbows?
2) How do the ethereal arrows stack up damage wise to other arrows?
3) Are there ethereal crossbow bolts?

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Skwirl posted:

1) Yes.
2) They're better than iron but not great.
Don't know the answer to #3, sorry!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, there are bolts too.
The arrows/bolts also benefit from the conjuration 'binding' branch.

• Locked thread