Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Danaru posted:

GANDER would like to have a word with you :colbert:

GANDER is non-canon. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

lets hang out posted:

how did no one notice those kids fixing the giant robot

They were busy being used as guinea pigs by Venom Snake for his robot arm upgrades.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Speedball posted:

Huey trash-talks Peace Walker but it's the only Metal Gear so far that ever came close to actually loving launching its nuke.

He must have that problem where you're never satisfied with what you created.

Didn't the Metal Gear from Portable Ops actually launch its nuke but the damage that Snake and company did cause it to basically malfunction in mid flight?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Castor Poe posted:

They were busy being used as guinea pigs by Venom Snake for his robot arm upgrades.

Ocelot: The kids have been spotted screwing with Sahelanthropus at night.
Venom: I really don't give a poo poo about what they do as long as they keep making good target practice. HEY, ELI!
Eli: wha - *ROCKET PUNCH to the dick*

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Funky Valentine posted:

Ocelot: The kids have been spotted screwing with Sahelanthropus at night.
Venom: I really don't give a poo poo about what they do as long as they keep making good target practice. HEY, ELI!
Eli: wha - *ROCKET PUNCH to the dick*

:allears:

I wish you could knock that little poo poo off his plastic chair on top of the command center.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Castor Poe posted:

:allears:

I wish you could knock that little poo poo off his plastic chair on top of the command center.

wait Eli hangs around Mother Base? I thought that was just Code Talker.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Yeah, I've seen him a couple of time while leaving mother base. Unfortunately there's no way to get up there.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
There's like a one off line where ocelot goes "huey had been fixing sahalanthropusin secret". I don't remember if it's when the kids leave or if it's in the mission 51 segment

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

All the explanation for Sahelanthropus is right there in the tapes and the last few pages of this thread, but the part you guys can't accept is Huey being an insane delusional dumbass?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

lets hang out posted:

how did those kids fix the giant robot

Huey was helping them.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Speedball posted:

Huey trash-talks Peace Walker but it's the only Metal Gear so far that ever came close to actually loving launching its nuke.

He must have that problem where you're never satisfied with what you created.

Didn't REX fire off its nuke at the end of MGS4 to take down the patriots satellite?

Or do you mean "So far" as in like, the timeline of the series up to MGSV, rather than "in all the games we've seen so far"?

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

He had no choice, Eli probably threatened him with a wedgie.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Didn't REX fire off its nuke at the end of MGS4 to take down the patriots satellite?

Nope, if it had, Liquid Ocelot would have won.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Liquid Ocelot still won.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

lets hang out posted:

how did those kids fix the giant robot

Because they were too busy looking for Zadornov missing children

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

So Im using that subsistence mod and set preparedness to max after starting a new game.

At max prep the soldiers in the first missions are A+ rank.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Castor Poe posted:

Yeah, I've seen him a couple of time while leaving mother base. Unfortunately there's no way to get up there.

Um, but rocket punch can, right? That how I knocked him off his chair in the mission where you get him.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

MGSVI: The Twin Michelles

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Snak posted:

Um, but rocket punch can, right? That how I knocked him off his chair in the mission where you get him.

Hah I had no idea you could do that. I'll try to rocket punch him next time I visit MB.

Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

Listening to that 10 minute Skull Face and Code Talker tape.

Man why is all the stupid/fun stuff hidden in the tapes? There's like a Jedi mind battle and bell murder. It's great!

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Castor Poe posted:

Hah I had no idea you could do that. I'll try to rocket punch him next time I visit MB.

It's pretty great.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

RatHat posted:

Kojima even features some of the failed projects in the games, like the floating platforms in MGS3. Arguably the fulton too, though it worked it was made obsolete pretty quickly.

Fulton extraction was used successfully for a few decades? I mean we have things like the 1911 that have lasted longer but Fultons have been around for a double digit percentage of military flight.

Colapops posted:

I'd say most 3-year-olds are capable of following basic instructions, but I'd assume he was moreso just testing that a child could fit inside and pilot it comfortably or something while brazenly ignoring the fact that he was putting his own son in the cockpit of a walking tank. That seems more Huey than actually using Hal to test weapons systems or something. Casual, extraordinary negligence.

Yes but they also tantrum and throw poo poo and fight you because they're loving toddlers.

Like, my nephew loves me so much he will eat veggies he hates because I think they're delicious and am eating them, and he loves to play catch and will listen to me because I'm his buddy, but his favorite game is "train crashes" and he's powerbombed me in the nuts while I'm watching a movie with his aunt because he got bored.

3 year olds should not have advanced nuclear-capable military robots is my argument and I'm sticking to it

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Just to get technical, Sahelanthropus wasn't nuclear capable at the time. In fact, I'm not sure Sahelanthropus was nuclear capable at any point during MGSV. Did they ever say how long it was supposed to take the metallic archaea to refine enough uranium from the DU armor?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

So, the other day we were all talking about ways Sniper Wolf could be shoehorned into this game.

Stupidest idea ever, but it's the 80's and Metal Gear is not afraid of being stupid. Rollerskates are becoming big. Little Wolf could get around the battlefield with Huey-made powered rollerskates. Seriously.

That's also how she'd compensate for not being super-fast or able to leap about like Quiet.

Like I said, it's a dumb idea, but it's not like Fatman didn't already happen.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
And it could be like a reference to Fat Man.

I hate it though. Roller-skates on any of the terrain in the game would just be too jarring. Too unrealistic for MGS. That's saying a lot.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Snak posted:

And it could be like a reference to Fat Man.

I hate it though. Roller-skates on any of the terrain in the game would just be too jarring. Too unrealistic for MGS. That's saying a lot.

D-Walker literally has rollerskates or is that the joke, I can't tell anymore.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

I love how Sal's nuclear capability is that it can blow itself up.

I mean, that was the original idea behind Peace Walker as well, then they remembered they could just put rockets on it.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Hmm, you're right. That's more of an urban combat thing.

Then again, THIS happened:

http://www.iainclaridge.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/segway_army.jpg

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Snak posted:

wrong context

motherbase not maya village

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
So here's something funny: I think I've discovered a way to earn No Traces on 45. You know, the giant Quiet tank fuckfest? If you order Quiet to stand down and never shoot and use Mist/Armor Parasites to Fulton out all the ground vehicles, then use a glitch to call in Pequod to take down the enemy chopper, you've done nothing to violate the No Traces rules and should get the points.

Except... Quiet always breaks the rules, and I can't figure out a way to stop her. No, not from shooting anyone. Those automated supply drops she calls in. They seem to be the sole reason you can't get No Traces on the mission. Someone get that prenatual guy on this because seriously if I can just figure out how to prevent Quiet's supply calls this mission can be aced in the most ridiculous fashion imaginable. :smith:

Snak posted:

Just to get technical, Sahelanthropus wasn't nuclear capable at the time. In fact, I'm not sure Sahelanthropus was nuclear capable at any point during MGSV. Did they ever say how long it was supposed to take the metallic archaea to refine enough uranium from the DU armor?
Within minutes or seconds, it's a rapid reaction the metallic archaea can undergo on command. It just never happens, but Code Talker seems to think it could happen if someone made the parasites do it.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

InfinityComplex posted:

wrong context

motherbase not maya village

Yeah I know that. I was saying can't you use rocket punch at Mother Base? I can't test it.

Colapops
Nov 21, 2007

You can indeed. I don't think Eli or Code Talker are actually up there until you're in the helicopter, though. Like, they spawn in or something.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Nakar posted:

Within minutes or seconds, it's a rapid reaction the metallic archaea can undergo on command. It just never happens, but Code Talker seems to think it could happen if someone made the parasites do it.

That makes sense considering how the other metallic archaea work in the game. I don't know why I brain-farted into assuming it would take a long time.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I think the tape that introduces enrichment archaea describes a long term fermentation process, but that's specifically to grow more archaea from a small seed delivery from XOF. Easy to mix it up and categorize it as "enrichment archaea slow" though.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

zedprime posted:

I think the tape that introduces enrichment archaea describes a long term fermentation process, but that's specifically to grow more archaea from a small seed delivery from XOF. Easy to mix it up and categorize it as "enrichment archaea slow" though.

It's also possible that I googled metallic archaea in between when they were introduced in the game and before I learned about the ones to make Sahelanthropus into a nuke. I may have accidentally thought about them realistically.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

This game.

Oh, you can't rocket punch him when he's on top of the command center. The screen gets all staticky, like when you leave the mission zone, and you lose control of your robot fist.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Castor Poe posted:

This game.

Oh, you can't rocket punch him when he's on top of the command center. The screen gets all staticky, like when you leave the mission zone, and you lose control of your robot fist.

Lame.

Ledenko
Aug 10, 2012
So, MGS4 is finished. Kojisms aside, the presentation is great and I'm happy he gave Snake a measure of peace.

P.S. Raiden is loving badass

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp-a4_qgQJQ

Eat poo poo Eli.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Ledenko posted:

So, MGS4 is finished. Kojisms aside, the presentation is great and I'm happy he gave Snake a measure of peace.

P.S. Raiden is loving badass

Metal Gear Rising has good things waiting for you, assuming you haven't played it.

• Locked thread