Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

HellCopter posted:

Discussing the Bakemonogatari Commentary Subs isn't :filez:, right? Since they were never officially released?

Because I can't for the life of me find a version where they sync up correctly.

They're on the dvds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Jagchosis posted:

Started watching bakemonogatari, only two episodes in but I'm quite digging Shinbo's insane visuals at least

The visuals in Bake are the lowest point in the series.

In other words, it only gets better. A lot better.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpVMnZFTPB4

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Only time for one more episode tonight, but I really like that the central figure of this arc is the Lost Snail and nearly every camera motion I've seen is nothing but spirals, like the shell of a snail.

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

theres a really striking use of primary colors in the background objects of those shots. like all the railings are red/blue/yellow and it reminded me a lot of pierrot le fou and week-end

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://www.kizumonogatari-movie.com/

Happening?

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
I'll believe it when I see it. Until then, take a look at the page source (as is customary for countdown timer pages).

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
I saw somewhere that there'd be "an important announcement" in combination with the broadcast of the first episode on Saturday, so...

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

The official monogatari website links to it...

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Hoo boy. Hopefully.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Once I watch Tsukimonogatari tonight, I will be prepared for everything.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

i hope they are announcing a live action Kizumonogatari movie

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
They're going to announce a 2020 release date.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

I got into this show pretty late, but now that I'm going through Season 2, I'm absolutely convinced this is one of the best animes I've ever seen. I believed that during Bakemonogatari already (with some minor... *ahem* setbacks during Nise), but this latest episode just confirmed it.

Episode 15: Nadeko goes loving insane :allears: One of the few characters that I never warmed up to, besides those barely introduced. I love how the stories seem to be more from the girls' perspective this time around. This is glorious and I'm glad I stuck with it.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

this apparently is what you get if you view the source on the countdown webpage. it says like i will not show you this today. and in Tsubasa's hair there is the word 'kizumonogatari' circled

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

So then...

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

this apparently is what you get if you view the source on the countdown webpage. it says like i will not show you this today. and in Tsubasa's hair there is the word 'kizumonogatari' circled

lol this is so cool

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

i love you SHAFT

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

Budget Prefuse posted:

of course. the kizumonogatari movie is Coming Soon™ (in 2020)

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Torquemadras posted:

I got into this show pretty late, but now that I'm going through Season 2, I'm absolutely convinced this is one of the best animes I've ever seen. I believed that during Bakemonogatari already (with some minor... *ahem* setbacks during Nise), but this latest episode just confirmed it.

Episode 15: Nadeko goes loving insane :allears: One of the few characters that I never warmed up to, besides those barely introduced. I love how the stories seem to be more from the girls' perspective this time around. This is glorious and I'm glad I stuck with it.

I hope you enjoy Koimonogatari. It's probably the best arc in the entire series. Otorimonogatari comes in close second, though.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Torquemadras posted:

There are definitely issues with Bake and Nise (maybe lots of issues with Nise), but Second Season is straight up one of the best things ever made.

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

tjhis is loving awesome

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

The Colonel posted:

I hope you enjoy Koimonogatari. It's probably the best arc in the entire series. Otorimonogatari comes in close second, though.

Definitely. I was waiting all season for Kaiki to make a return, and then it turns out he's the main character this time. And THEN it turns out the other mainstay is Senjogahara.
It's ridiculously fun to see these characters deceive/mock/verbally destroy each other without ever being quite sure about what the other is up to. The entire show is almost nothing but "two characters talk to each other, here's some ladies to ogle, now the next two characters are talking", but there's not a single moment of boredom. The show sometimes still goes momentarily insane ("What the hell is this Koyomi doing?" My thoughts exactly, Kaiki), but you learn to live with it!
Also, I love the happy music while Kaiki confronts batshit insane Nadeko and thinks to himself if he might get killed any second now. :haw: That guy is just so perpetually disappointed, it's great. Everytime a new rear end in a top hat character is introduced, I just know it's gonna get entertaining.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kaiki is perfect in every way. His theme, his design, his voice acting, his character. Everything is amazing.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
It helps a lot that Koimonogatari has the best OP in the entire series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZLyZomRfbc

Amazingly stylish animation, and a really loving good character song. I love it so goddamn much, even in a series with a bunch of other similarly fantastic OPs.

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master
The time travel arc and Nadeko arc in Second season were seriously the best parts. Kaiki is the best character though, hands down.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Brownieftw posted:

The time travel arc and Nadeko arc in Second season were seriously the best parts. Kaiki is the best character though, hands down.

We need some omakes bad.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

The Colonel posted:

It helps a lot that Koimonogatari has the best OP in the entire series.

True - looks gorgeous, and I love it when they play around with different styles like that. And it's funny as hell. I gotta admit though, my favorite was the first Nadeko intro from 2nd season, pretty much for the sole reason that I can't get that stupid song out of my head

Brownieftw posted:

Yup. And now he's loving dead :allears: Stay safe, you majestic conman.
Glorious ending to a glorious season. This show is harem as hell, with all the pretty ladies to look at (plus a few elementary schoolers, WTF still), but the story itself seems to go against that more and more. Not just because there's one girl who "wins" right away - most of their stories seem to be about either friendship or a toxic idea of love. I mean, this season just ended with a middle-aged conman telling a girl that defining yourself by love is dishonest to yourself, while the dude in question runs around, gets beat up and literally only makes things worse. I love it.

Oh well. Not much more left then, I guess. Maybe I can get hyped for the movie in time, too. Here's hope more entertaining jackass characters show up. And I guess there's plenty of offscreen events to cover, too.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Torquemadras posted:

Yup. And now he's loving dead :allears: Stay safe, you majestic conman.

:haw:

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Aurain posted:

Kaiki is perfect in every way. His theme, his design, his voice acting, his character. Everything is amazing.

:agreed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBkJ8kx0_pk

could put this on repeat forever

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Kaiki can never die. He just gets back up with a radical new beard.

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master

Grouchio posted:

We need some omakes bad.

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=42475022 is what i found it on. i had to go looking since i last that image a while back. based on the tags, i would browse the rest of that person's gallery with caution. no idea what's in there as i haven't actually looked beyond what i just linked.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Jagchosis posted:

Started watching bakemonogatari, only two episodes in but I'm quite digging Shinbo's insane visuals at least

jag nooooooo

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

It's a good show.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Each op that I've seen so far has been a decline in quality but I'm always hopeful for the future. Last episode I saw was introduction of the girl with the insane thigh gap.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The Colonel posted:

It's a good show.

It is, and it's good to like things instead of being hella self loathing about it

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

In Training posted:

Each op that I've seen so far has been a decline in quality but I'm always hopeful for the future. Last episode I saw was introduction of the girl with the insane thigh gap.

if you are talking about kanbaru then im upset. Miyuki Sawashiro is a goddess and her opening song Ambivalent World is good.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Bakemonogatari OP ranks

1- Staple Stable (Senjougahara)
2- Renai Circulation (Nadeko)
3- Ambivalent World (Kanbaru)
4- Sugar Sweet Nightmare (Tsubasa)
5- Kaerimichi (Mayoi)

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

the ending song for Bakemonogatari, Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari, is the best one in the whole series though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

if you are talking about kanbaru then im upset. Miyuki Sawashiro is a goddess and her opening song Ambivalent World is good.

She had a cast and arararagi got the poo poo kicked out of him in a train yard at the end. I watch 3 things yesterday that ended with people lying dead or near dead on train tracks