Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
ideally a chalice focused expansion would make them less boxy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
id rather they just added 1 million new bosses to them instead of wasting time dressing up some randomly generated dungeons or whatever .

Dec 26, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

id rather they just added 1 million new bosses to them instead of wasting time dressing up some randomly generated dungeons or whatever .

yeah this.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
furthermore, some more difficulty modifiers like the cursed/fetid/rotted stuff is what i like. im way into customising the difficulty of games nao.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i think the randomly generated stuff could be. like mini boss rooms, special encounters, more interesting treasure rooms or w/e

Dec 26, 2012

still waiting to see if that boss rush thing is real

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

01011001 posted:

still waiting to see if that boss rush thing is real

i have a feeling its just stuff like that glyph someone posted in here a while ago, with the watchdog of the old lords as a regular enemy. bosses as regular enemies

Dec 26, 2012

thats believable, but a shame

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
replaying DS2 now, i'm really glad that BB condensed everything to a single upgrade path. i don't imagine that will return for 3 though.

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all

sector_corrector posted:

replaying DS2 now, i'm really glad that BB condensed everything to a single upgrade path. i don't imagine that will return for 3 though.

the only thing that was a pain really was titanite and scales and I think they fixes that in scholar edition along with earlier forge

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all
ive not pvp'd once in this game... I can imagine how dark everything is plus the mount of crap littering about most levels would make it not fun. gonna try and make a char that rings the bell in every area to allow invasions when the dlc drops to at least try em oyt

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Proud Rat Mom posted:

ive not pvp'd once in this game... I can imagine how dark everything is plus the mount of crap littering about most levels would make it not fun. gonna try and make a char that rings the bell in every area to allow invasions when the dlc drops to at least try em oyt

i hated it on PC, but i'm actually pretty good on PS4. i'm assuming because the playstation servers are better, for some reason, and i'm not constantly fight the shadow of someone's lag.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im extremely hype for dark souls 3

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bobnumerotres posted:

im extremely hype for dark souls 3

same here. i've been playing DS2 and it's just made me realize how much i need the real thing.

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all
As the resident deviant that thinks ds2 is the best in the series, I really think with both teams ideas plus mizi directing its gonna be the best souls yet :)

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Proud Rat Mom posted:

As the resident deviant that thinks ds2 is the best in the series, I really think with both teams ideas plus mizi directing its gonna be the best souls yet :)

DS2 is definitely my favorite out of Demons, Dark and Dark 2. I still haven't played SotFS but the 3 DLC packs are so drat good and brought me some of the best co-op gaming moments I've had in a while. Exploring the Frigid Outskirts with my friends was priceless.

My favorite might change soon though, because Bloodborne is in my hands. Gonna play the second I get off work.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

DSII was my favorite until Bloodborne, and I bet DSIII will be my favorite once it comes out

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i like ds2 a lot, but the level design gets really old after a while. the dlcs fix that though. i just got into sunken king, and i'd forgotten how great shulva is.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

DS2 is definitely my favorite out of Demons, Dark and Dark 2. I still haven't played SotFS but the 3 DLC packs are so drat good and brought me some of the best co-op gaming moments I've had in a while. Exploring the Frigid Outskirts with my friends was priceless.

My favorite might change soon though, because Bloodborne is in my hands. Gonna play the second I get off work.

play sotfs, its super good

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

they did a really bad, confusing job with scholar of the first sin. they added one new boss and some minor balance changes to old versions and everyone thought the new version just had prettier visuals. and its like no they changed enemy and item placement drastically for the entire game, all for the better

e: doing co-op with 3 other people also owns

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Oct 1, 2015

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

they did a really bad, confusing job with scholar of the first sin. they added one new boss and some minor balance changes to old versions and everyone thought the new version just had prettier visuals. and its like no they changed enemy and item placement drastically for the entire game, all for the better

e: doing co-op with 3 other people also owns

Bobnumerotres posted:

play sotfs, its super good

Yeah don't worry it is on my list as soon as I get back to my main PC and convince my main dark souls friend to get it. We played through DS co-op low level which was fun as poo poo and DS2 was loving great to co-op. I know about the changed enemy placement, but aside from seeing a screenshot of the spider cathedral in Tseldora I don't know what they changed at all. Did they remix the DLC at all?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
da fuk

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

Yeah don't worry it is on my list as soon as I get back to my main PC and convince my main dark souls friend to get it. We played through DS co-op low level which was fun as poo poo and DS2 was loving great to co-op. I know about the changed enemy placement, but aside from seeing a screenshot of the spider cathedral in Tseldora I don't know what they changed at all. Did they remix the DLC at all?

they didnt, but the dlc was done right the first time IMO :P

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah they didnt touch the dlc because the design was already good (except deer blizzard hell)

i cant list it all but notable stuff:
*you get the dull ember and access to the better blacksmith on your first visit to bastille, via the pursuer route
*any really annoying enemy placement like a mob of guys right next to a bonfire was either removed or reworked
*way more NPC invasions and summons with improved AI
*NG+ has way more exclusive enemy encounters

and basically everything beyond the first level was changed a lot to feel more "full" and fun.

like, the headless men in the poison tower that were super vanilla enemies now leap 20 feet in the air and do crazy ninja poo poo, have all sorts of new unique animations. shrine of amana isnt annoying at all anymore. all sorts of stuff

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
The annoying amana section is still annoying. Dragon shrine doesn't feel like an endgame area any more, there are like 4 enemies in between you and the end. Most of the changes were really good though. The changes made things much easier overall, mostly via removing annoying encounters.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

gently caress now i need to make a new character. should do a fist only gimmick, havent done it before

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the changes to iron keep are the only thing i don't like. it's harder in a far more annoying way with some of the most boring enemies in the game.

Dec 26, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

the changes to iron keep are the only thing i don't like. it's harder in a far more annoying way with some of the most boring enemies in the game.

yeah, the leadup to smelter is really loving annoying now

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i feel the game is a lot harder overall because the encounters are actual puzzles now and not just random sloppy placement

the lead-up to smelter can go gently caress itself but it wasnt exactly good before. "hurr lets just put 20 alonne knights in this one room"

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bloodborne is so drat fun.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Right now I'm trying to figure out where to go in Old Yharnam, I took out the guy using the minigun so now I'm using the Kirkhammer and the Rifle Spear. I love exploring a souls game area for the first time... there's nothing like it.

Dec 26, 2012

rifle spear is criminally underrated, except for that one exploit

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

01011001 posted:

rifle spear is criminally underrated, except for that one exploit

The morphed version seems like a halberd which is my fave souls weapon so I am going to keep using it.

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all

Evil Eagle posted:

The morphed version seems like a halberd which is my fave souls weapon so I am going to keep using it.

whats your stat spread to use that plus the kirk

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Hopefully the game finishes updating while I'm at work so I don't have to see BLOODBORNE for 40s every time I gently caress up, lol.

Edit: Right now I've just been leveling the stamina stat plus getting weapon requirements for ones that look cool. I think I have 17 str and 12 skill right now.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

stats matter way less in bloodborne and you can max them out easily so dont worry 2 much

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

stats matter way less in bloodborne and you can max them out easily so dont worry 2 much

This isn't really true at all, unless you're talking about NG+. Especially compared to the SL faucet in DSII

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
In ng your stats dont matter except to hold weapons that you +10 and buff to insane levels with gems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
I say with confidence, as the man running defiled chalice with 14 base vit and 60 arcane